Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Yeah it's kinda frustrating when you find a cool uniform and you can't wear it. I just run around in my underpants. It's so damn hot! ;)

Please be kind enough to us others to keep your ding dong well hidden. Thankskbye! :butbut:

Wonder if there is such a command.

AFAIK - no.

Found a little bug i think. At first when i killed some AI i can see their "+" signs on the map (where they died), but now maybe 2 hours in i dont see them anymore from my kills, but i see them all over the map where AI met eachother. So when they die by "AI hand" they are marked on map, but not when i kill them.

Hmm. And what was initial setting? "ALL" (default) or "OWN KILLS"?

Sometimes "my" kills also aren't marked, when I'm playing with TPW's mod, probably because it does some "dirty tricks" with temporary spawn-despawn units just to show falls on the ground due bullet hits.

Checked the code - theoretically it is possible. Each marker has to get unique name. For that I'm using unit's name, as each is unique. But, if units are despawned and respawned, possibly same name may occur more than one time. But this shouldn't rather cause 100% lack of markers and for player kills only. I'll investigate this.

Edited by Rydygier

Rydygier, if ambient combat is disabled, are IND and OPFOR still hostile to one another?

No, if ambient combat is disabled, IND and OPFOR are allies, like usual was.

Just want to have a chance to finish it.

It's the same with SaOk's mission. I gave up on his mission months ago and won't go back to it until he feels "satisfied" that it's stable.

I unsubscribed from the Workshop and am downloading them manually. Less gray hair this way.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

I did not deactivated bcombat first time I noticed major frame loss because I always used it.

It was my understanding that one cannot deactivate a mod during a mission. If you completely remove it from the command line, you can't load the mission anymore because "it depends on content that was deleted bla-bla-bla". If you use its userconfig, it won't be taken into account as the parameters you changed befoe starting the scenario are now saved with the game and will be taken from there when you reload. At least that was the case with TPW_MODS, it won't remove fog mid-game, and during my last Pilgrimage mission it was raining 90% of the time, and deactivating it in the userconfig didn't help. Is bcombat different in this regard?

Rydygier, man...this mission is becoming better and better!!

I've tried the ambient combat yesterday and barely get out alive from the first town!!

Awesome...Thanks dude!!

I have a question though.

I notice that in your misson I cant use the "Shift>Click" on the map to make a waypoint.

Is on purpose?

If is, could you please make this happen only on the hardcore mode?

Anyway...thanks again for this awesome mission!!

I cant use the "Shift>Click"

It seems to be a side effect of using code necessary to fast travel by map click (onMapSingleClick stacked EH). It is not expected nor intended (funny, even didn't know about this feature till people started report me, it isn't working in my mission :) ). If I find any way, I'll fix it. Or... Perhaps I could add code doing same, if possible. Anyway, I'll see, what I can do.

Edited by Rydygier

Hello.

I was previously using @VTS_Weaponresting, but decided to disable it and try the @TMR mod this time around.

The issue that I am having is that the TMR functions seem to stop working after saving and restoring the game a few times. I'm not sure exactly what the circumstances are, but I do know that I have never gotten the weapon resting or bipod to work again once that happens.

Is there something specific I could be looking for in a log file to see what might be causing this? I posted in the TMR thread as well.

Thanks,

-Doc

EDIT:

Perhaps not related, but I do see this in the log file ... hundreds of time.

weapon:"arifle_MX_SW_Hamr_pointer_F" with 7 modes needs weapon mode with index 5, but given silencer(muzzle_snds_H) has only 5 modes

weapon:"arifle_MX_SW_Hamr_pointer_F" with 7 modes needs weapon mode with index 6, but given silencer(muzzle_snds_H) has only 5 modes

Hello there

This is a known issue that happens when save reloading.

There's a "restart mod" modification aound here somewhere. That should help you. If I can find the link ill post it.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

This is a known issue that happens when save reloading.

There's a "restart mod" modification aound here somewhere. That should help you. If I can find the link ill post it.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the response! I'll check back in a little while, and also do some digging around myself.

-Doc

EDIT: I found Moduload, but it does not seem to work for getting the TMR mod running again for me.

Edited by Doc. Caliban

It seems to be a side effect of using code necessary to fast travel by map click (onMapSingleClick stacked EH). It is not expected nor intended (funny, even didn't know about this feature till people started report me, it isn't working in my mission :) ). If I find any way, I'll fix it. Or... Perhaps I could add code doing same, if possible. Anyway, I'll see, what I can do.

Wait there is code to allow for fast travel by map click? I'd trade it for the ability to place waypoints any day.

It is about hitchhiking (using hitch-hike action when is safe and player is on the road - costs ff) and returning to hideout in version with multiple hideouts - works similiar, but for free and from any place. In both map click is involved. Of course, if possible, should be both, fast travel and click+shift, but so far no luck with restoring it. Perhaps I'll prepare some replacer, but rather wouldn't be that handy.

I notice that in your misson I cant use the "Shift>Click" on the map to make a waypoint.

I understand the need for some people to want to use shift click but why don't you try and use the map and compass? It's far more satisfying getting to a location after using the map and compass rather than an in game hack, so to speak. Kind of takes away navigating. Seriously it's not that hard to learn, everything you need to find a location is on the map. It also increases the longevity of the game.

I understand deniodan if that's not the solution you want but give it a try. It's a lot of fun trying to get your location stood in a field full of trees and more trees and more trees! ;)

If you don't find a way to make the shift-clicking to work, you could always make the fast travel a toggleable option. I for one haven't used fast travel even once in my dozens of hours Pilgrimaging... I don't mind driving/flying around.

By the way, I noticed a weird thing when assaulting a stronghold: in the middle of the fight the hireable guy I was looking for there suddenly ran into a nearby town. I had to break off the attack to follow him so I didn't lose him. The second hireable dude was also a bit odd; I had to shoot him on the leg to get the option to hire him...

Anyways, keep up the good work Rydy!

in the middle of the fight the hireable guy I was looking for there suddenly ran into a nearby town. I had to break off the attack to follow him so I didn't lose him. The second hireable dude was also a bit odd; I had to shoot him on the leg to get the option to hire him...

Hmm. Any mods was used? Otherwise - hmm again. Never saw this during tests. Both have forceSpeed 0, that should "glue" them to init pos, apparently not quite. I would assume, it is kind of fleeing behavior, so I'll apply also allowFleeing 0, let's hope it will help. If not - well, take it as part of the story - captive takes his chance in flee attempt in the chaos of firefight. :) And what do you mean - you had to shoot the leg to get hire? He was not running, but no action visible until not wounded? Very odd. There are two conditions to show both actions - unit must be alive, and player must be not in combat (means - there must be no any enemy, that knows about the player).

If you don't find a way to make the shift-clicking to work, you could always make the fast travel a toggleable option.

Seems, I can't restore original feature, but I can provide a replacer: by shift+click player can set a move waypoint visible on map and in 3D, as usual for waypoints, or even chain of subsequent waypoints. Waypoints may be moved on map by dragging. Differences: waypoint can't be deleted on map view, it will disappear when player reach it (so for deletion you may move them at player's position); also - each waypoint will be linked with previous with black line, applies also to first, that is linked with automatically added fulfilled waypoint at player position. Feature will be disabled in hardcore mode. If someone prefer to navigate with compass and map without hardcore (like I do), just ignore this feature. :)

why don't you try and use the map and compass? It's far more satisfying getting to a location after using the map and compass rather than an in game hack, so to speak. Kind of takes away navigating. Seriously it's not that hard to learn, everything you need to find a location is on the map. It also increases the longevity of the game.

You are confusing two issues: being able to place a waypoint on the screen with the game setting that hides your and the enemies' markers from the map.

The waypoint marker has many uses, like marking an intersection or gauge a distance. Besides, for like 10 years now people have had affordable GPSes that not only tell them where they are but even plots a course. I never saw anyone sane saying "I don't use them because it takes away navigating, because, you know, I feel I am missing something if I am not constantly correlating my surroundings with a paper map" ;). Do you really think this GPS magical tech won't be even more available in whatever year this sci-fi game is taking place? What next? Not using scopes because it takes away aiming? Using sticks and stones because guns take away manly combat ;)?

I think, it is rather about more rewarding (for some) gameplay than realism. Succesful figuring out without any fancy helpers, where you are can be very rewarding, as you proved yourself, that you can. Also goold for immersion. Anyway IMO soldier should have skills to navigate without GPS. Let's say GPS is lost or broken during combat, or GPS sattellites are shot down or jammed :) and all, you have is a compass or map - what then?

BTW, I would suggest to myself disable hitch-hiking from hardcore. Part of hardcore gameplay is beeing forced to determine on your own, where are you, while hitchhike circle spoils this. Any reservations?

BTW, I would suggest to myself disable hitch-hiking from hardcore. Part of hardcore gameplay is beeing forced to determine on your own, where are you, while hitchhike circle spoils this. Any reservations?

Yeah i'd like to have that as an on or off option, or disabled altogether. I'm for realism, well as realistic as a game can get that is. The harder it is, the more challenging it is, and as said before increases the longevity of the game! ;)

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

You are confusing two issues: being able to place a waypoint on the screen with the game setting that hides your and the enemies' markers from the map.

The waypoint marker has many uses, like marking an intersection or gauge a distance. Besides, for like 10 years now people have had affordable GPSes that not only tell them where they are but even plots a course. I never saw anyone sane saying "I don't use them because it takes away navigating, because, you know, I feel I am missing something if I am not constantly correlating my surroundings with a paper map" ;). Do you really think this GPS magical tech won't be even more available in whatever year this sci-fi game is taking place? What next? Not using scopes because it takes away aiming? Using sticks and stones because guns take away manly combat ;)?

I guess you got out of the wrong side of the bed! Jeez! :confused: ;)

Paper Maps will be here a long time after GPS has frazzled and gone to heaven! It was merely a suggestion to hone a new skill nothing more! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

OK then, mission upgraded to 1.73. Changelog:

- language corrections (thanks to Law-Giver);

- hitchhiking disabled in hardcore mode;

- added shift+click waypoint(s) placing (custom replacer for lost vanilla feature, disabled in hardcore mode);

- various code tweaks and fixes.

Nothing crucial this time, so I'll not update Workshop version for now.

I have something to report, kind of a ... behaviour bug. I was fighting a lot of dudes just outside a stronghold (I guess stronghold's garrison) and then a chopper appeared, one of those scripted choppers. It did not shoot at all, just circled around for a while, meantime I managed to get rid of that garrison team. After that the chopper landed very close by, the crew got off and started shooting at me. I killed them and took their chopper. Question is, why was it landing in the first place? There was no damage on the chopper. The same thing happened before (another Pilgrimage version) but back then I fired a rocket at the helicopter, I though I hit it then, but now I don't think I did, the chopper simply landed like it did now. Just though I throw this here, if anyone else gets lucky like me, you can get yourself a chopper :)

I should also add, in regard of the question earlier about what mods I am using, all of my addons are items, vehicles, weapons and uniforms, nothing AI related (except the now disabled bcombat).

Edited by stevendeamon

Question is, why was it landing in the first place?

It is very good question indeed (unless this was airfield, not stronghold?). Chopper patrols are in fact straight forward - SAD waypoint somewhere near position, where player was spotted. When done - RTB and land there. That way it worked so far in all my tests. Each chopper has at creation setVariabled on it its landing position (same, where is spawned, on invisible helipad). Landing on SAD position may occur only, when this variable is nil (not defined), and there is no "legal" way for this, as it is always defined. So for now I'll assume it is kind of bug that causes loosing set variables eg at mission load. But even then pilots shouldn't get out, unless this is vanilla AI behavior in such circumstance (landed chopper, enemy near). I can't tell more until I spot such behavior myself.

Edited by Rydygier

It wasn't an airfield, it was situated on a small hill with a guard tower and a few military buildings somewhere south east. Beside that, I know arma3 has some problems with actually showing damage to vehicles, especially helicopters (not always, sometimes). So MAYBE the chopper actually took some damage from IND forces. I don't know, I'm just speculating. I can fly the helicopter just fine, but I did the inspect your vehicle after going in and getting out again of it (but that option is available for every vehicle not only damaged ones). Oh and by the way, the dude I rescued from that stronghold gets in the helicopter, and fires at things... so yea, overkill in progress from now on.

It is very good question indeed (unless this was airfield, not stronghold?). Chopper patrols are in fact straight forward - SAD waypoint somewhere near position, where player was spotted. When done - RTB and land there. That way it worked so far in all my tests. Each chopper has at creation setVariabled on it its landing position (same, where is spawned, on invisible helipad). Landing on SAD position may occur only, when this variable is nil (not defined), and there is no "legal" way for this, as it is always defined. So for now I'll assume it is kind of bug that causes loosing set variables eg at mission load. But even then pilots shouldn't get out, unless this is vanilla AI behavior in such circumstance (landed chopper, enemy near). I can't tell more until I spot such behavior myself.

In all the hours i've played i've never come across that, but i use ASR_AI, TPW and several others. Maybe i'm just lucky or ASR takes over! Oh and thanks for the mention in 1.73 Rydygier, wasn't expecting it just did it out of love. Hope you left in the William Shakespeare styled comment which you so lovingly defended when i changed it. ;) :p

Maybe then there was a reason for AI to make emergency land and abandon the vehicle... hard to tell. Well, thanks for report, I'll have my eyes open on this yet, so far, no such observations. Enjoy the spread of mayhem from above. :)

Yes, poetry in Shakespearean style is on place. :)

Hi, Rydygier!

I'm still playing v1.71 from ArmAholic and finally found the church that is now marked with a green X. I also have a vehicle nearby but how do I get the body into it? I would also like to know if it is still possible to find armored vehicles because I only came across variants of the HEMTT and Zamak during this playthrough.