Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Hi guys,

once I save then try to resume I get:

"you cannot play etc etc... it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.caweapons, ca_ah64d"

and I have no idea what that could be referring to?

Any help would be great guys!

thanks,

Marc

I got the same thing, except I got ALL "ca_realted_stuff" as well.

That was after dying and trying to load last SAVE.

I do have Blastcore going. Using my usual Default params. About 20 addons in all.

So, BlastCore is the culprit?

As far as I can tell, it was specifically Blastcore Tracers as I still have Blastcore A3 working with no problems mate.

Hope that helps.

Verry good mission, Thanks for this :)

Have only Medikits or a car for komplett healing ?

First aid mostly (those yellow things). At killed enemy or as random loot perhaps may be obtained big medikit, not sure. Personally I'm loading last save each time I'm wounded - I prefer to assume, that any wound disables me from further action. I think, one of use for planned hidden camps (after cleaning such camp from hostiles) will be ability to spent time for healing there. Perhaps good idea would be also some empty boxes for loot and quick travel there, when safe...

OK. I have this " yellow things ", but not komplett healing.

My Char. to whine a little and this is a little nerved hehehe :)

sorry my bad englisch.

I think tpw_bleedout should be disabled, right? Because otherwise at first wounding we'd have no chance to survive?

I think so... Unless these "yellow things" are enough to stop the bleeding, do not know, never played with it.

Anyone run into a convoy of mobile artillery yet? I had a save file from not long before, so I was able to set up an ambush with some explosives. They didn't have any protection detail though, so once I disabled two of them, the rest just drove around like Daleks waving their turrets in the air. :D

As far as I can tell, it was specifically Blastcore Tracers as I still have Blastcore A3 working with no problems mate.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't seem to have Tracers going and I didn't see it inside Blascore addon folder itself.

It must be something else doing this.

BTW, I see you're in Bangkok. I've been in Goh Samui for some year now. I'll be back in Hong Kong March 9th.

Come on down for a spell. I've got a Thai fishing boat that I've been working dry-docked. It's to be launched this Thursday.

Nearly two days of coding and testing - quite complex task - but checkpoints kinda ready. Spawned dynamically, but usually looking reasonable. Effect is quite nice to me. Average 100 eastern and 60 resistance groups on map after that. Still enough limit left to add also camps. A step closer to 1.4. Still about dozen steps to go, but smaller, I think. Back to work. :)

Implemented for 1.4 hidden camps in the wild areas, that after neutralizing hostile presence, may be turned into hideout, to which player can fast-travel from everywhere if is safe (cost some time though), can rest (skip time per 6 hours) and/or heal yourself by the way, if is wounded and has in the equipment first aid kit (one will be removed) or medikit (not removed). At camps are also loot boxes. Sadly, didn't found any reliable cargo holder with more space, than usual (12 weapons, 64 mags). There are two dozens of such camps. Current hideout may be moved from one to another, but loot in the box stays behind.

Today implemented:

- Random starting position (one of 10 prepared);

- chance for on screen narrative hints, that give some info about near enemy or camp with kept immerision;

- disabled hitchhiking, when player has body in the vehicle;

- autosave at each chapel/church and on finding the body;

- three-state loot markers switch (all, some, none);

- several other things.

More behind, than ahead. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Hi Rydygeir,

this is a fantastic mission man, cheers..!

Upto now, the ONLY thing I'd ask is if you could make it so there's a BIT more enemy appearing as I've gone hours with no action at points.

It's very well done though and is great fun but it'd be so much better if there was maybe some random spawns of enemies in between towns and villages for example..?

No problem if not... I'll keep on playing it either way..! :D

Two thirds of Altis explored, and I finally have the body loaded up in a Hunter. The problem is I lost my boat. I parked it near Kavala right at the start and didn't use it since. Before I found a vehicle, the boat would teleport with me when hitch-hiking, sometimes damaging it and me in the process. I thought it was just a bug and didn't think anything about it. I've checked all the roads I remember hitch-hiking to just before entering my first truck, but there is no boat to be found. Besides driving every single road on Altis looking for my boat, I'm not sure what to do here. Would it despawn after sitting on the road for awhile? It doesn't seem that I can finish the mission at this point without a boat to interact with.

:D Thanks for feedback. Yeah, hitchhiking is supposed to teleport you along with your current assigned vehicle, but wasn't predicted in 1.3, that this vehicle may be a boat. It is fixed in 1.4. Yes, you need a boat to finish scenario, and, if not destroyed, you should find it at your last hitchhiking point before you entered another vehicle (when boat was still assigned vehicle).

the ONLY thing I'd ask is if you could make it so there's a BIT more enemy appearing

There will be much more enemy groups in 1.4 (apart from garrisons also checkpoints and camps), what with island of that size means exactly a bit more enemy appearing, and random starting position (so a chance to start in more civilized and populated with enemy part of the island, still current one side is most probably, as best for discreet "desant" (more desant points there)). Also there will be some hints to help trace near enemies in immrsive way. From the other hand - there will be not any spawns on-the-fly. If someone however knows any mod, that adds such spawns - can use it without breaking anything, I hope.

Edited by Rydygier

Do you still spawn enemy at mission startup at fixed places and set simulation to off if not close to player? I just ask because then I don't want to look closer into your mission source code :)

BTW, hitchhiking also transports the boat to every place :D

:) Yep, prevented that for 1.4.

All enemies are spawned at mission startup, but never at fixed places. Yes, you may expect, that there is enemy in towns and such, but it is never 100%, kind of garrison also unknown. That's for current, 1.3 version. In coming soon 1.4, as you can read, there will be more dynamically placed groups (what makes average 200 AI groups on map) and still no one at fixed anywhere in the code location. As for caching - yes same system would handle that in 1.4. All this dynamically spawned stuff will be kept "hibernated" unless player close enough.

Edited by Rydygier

Wow, fantastic news, looking forwards to 1:4..! :D

This is such a great mission for us SP types- it's pretty peaceful and meandering at points which is great as it gives reason to take in the beauty of Altis, and then you see an enemy patrol in the distance and it all kicks off- GREAT STUFF..!!! :D

Yeah, great mission for Altis exploration as well. Now I think the user preferences may vary strongly between the players... Some want lots of combat, others wan Altis exploration; Rydy maybe you should really give some options about # of enemy presence...

Best regards to Pommern :-)

There is not much free groups to add more AIs anyway. And I'm really against implementing into this mission any spawns on the fly (serious fun breakers for me). But. I've nothing against to make later some compact addon, that could be run also with this mission, doing exactly that: from time to time spawning enemies around player. Unless there is such thing already. And perhaps 1.4 will satisfy also more action-hungry players, there is around twice as much AI groups on map than in 1.3. At the end to make it clear, mission in the first place must satisfy me. :) I started it for myself, as I'm playing so little this game, so needed something fit just for my taste, that would make me play a bit more. Just became more popular, I thought. Significant feedback means many good ideas to implement, what is great. Of course, there is big spread of preferences between players, better even not try to satisfy all, this way you'll satisfy no one for real. This mission will satisfy in the first place players like me.

Well said OP, and stick to your plans..!

It already sounds like you've taken some good advice and implemented it..!

Is there a rough release date for the 1:4 at all?

I can't get enough of this, it's great and as I say, just make it first and foremost to suit your tastes.

Well, I do not like to promise any release date, as I'm not a prophet and do not know the future, but in current pace 1.4 may come about Monday. Something like that. Today I hope to implement last portion of todos, tommorow will be day for testings, rest depends, how many bugs will show up during tests. Of course, as always, when many new features are added, later players for sure discover more brand new bugs to squash...

Rydy I don't mean you should give the option to spawn enemies on the fly, but ask at mission start if user wants more calm play or more action...

But, as I'm close to the limit of available groups per side, the only way to add more action will be only spawn-on-the fly using that left limit... Let's wait till 1.4 release. There is really more AIs, and motorized patrols should invesitgate areas, where player was spotted (of course, until stupid driver AI decide to stuck on some tree or bridge barrier), so maybe this will be enough. If not - as said, I can make later separate addon for such spawns, so player, that need more action, could play with it.

Hello!

I too wish to thank you for this great SP mission; this is exactly the type of thing that I enjoy.

I am also new to ARMA, so I've learned most of how to play the game while playing this mission.

I have a few questions, and some may be ARMA related in general, but they are aspects that I use in the mission.

1. Can I upgrade the mission by replacing the PBO file with the newer one, and do so without messing up my saved game?

2. Is there a how-to for fast travel and changing mission options?

3. This is probably just a general ARMA question, but I can only find answers that have to do with mission scripting instead of the behavior in-game: How do I get a truck to hold a realistic amount of cargo? I am driving around in a huge truck and can't even add another magazine to the cargo. Is this just an oversight on the game developers? I see that the capacity is tons of weapons and magazines, but I have maybe three weapons, some magazines, and a few odds and ends, and the massive truck is apparently "full" now.

Thanks again for the mission, and for your time in the forum helping us out!

- Doc