Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Zeus - Gameplay Reveal Livestream - Submit your questions!

my question:

will this DLC also include major improvements of the other editor modules? seeing for example the objectives window in zeus i was wondering if those objectives will be JIP compatible and if the normal task module will have that feature too.

sorry if the task module has already been improved but after trying it once or twice and being put off by its limitations (no JIP etc) i couldn't be arsed to go check back several times. so please ignore the second part of my question, if the task modules are already more "splendid" and take the first part as a more general question.

EDIT:

my second question: will there be a way to restrict the zeus player to allow game modes like players vs zeus where the zeus player has a certain amount of resources he has to use cleverly to win?

Edited by Bad Benson

1. Does the new game mode allow for multiple concomitant game masters during CO-OP sessions and if not, will its functionality be extended in the near future to accommodate this? (example: 2-3 game masters actively communicating and adapting different parts of the scenario while regular players are playing)

2. Will game masters have their separate radio channel?

Can we have randomly generated missions and spawned units?

Would it be possible to have two opposing Gamemasters controlling AI units and play the game like an RTS?

Will Zeus recognise all our custom mods and add-on units?

Another question: Apparently, the gaming-zone will be limited to a certain area. Do you plan to limit the graphics and physics calculations for the rest of the map, so the engine only work on the gaming zone? That would, in my mind, mean huge performance increase.

- Do you plan on pushing Zeus to the development branch pre release?

- Does the Zeus DLC come with any additional supporting content (objects, buildings, weapons etc)?

- In the trailer I noticed being able to drag and drop from a Tree dialog control, is this already supported on stable?

- Is the GM mode something that is built on the engine level or is it something we can get our sticky little fingers into to see how it's done?

- Do you plan on pushing Zeus to the development branch pre release?

- Does the Zeus DLC come with any additional supporting content (objects, buildings, weapons etc)?

- In the trailer I noticed being able to drag and drop from a Tree dialog control, is this already supported on stable?

- Is the GM mode something that is built on the engine level or is it something we can get our sticky little fingers into to see how it's done?

So to your questions.

- You will see in livestream :-)

- Tree is used there but it is not drag and drop. This version of tree should be already on stable branch and if not it is definitely on dev.

- In fact whole base for Zeus is made inside engine because of speed. But actual rules are made by scripts. So part engine, part scripts ;-)

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Admin is not exactly what Zeus is because Zeus can be essentially anything ;-)

So to your questions.

- You will see in livestream :-)

- Tree is used there but it is not drag and drop. This version of tree should be already on stable branch and if not it is definitely on dev.

- In fact whole base for Zeus is made inside engine because of speed. But actual rules are made by scripts. So part engine, part scripts ;-)

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Admin is not exactly what Zeus is because Zeus can be essentially anything ;-)

Thanks for the response, a few more questions if I may :)

- Will the Zeus DLC finally introduce synchronized weather to the ArmA engine? Saw this twitter post from Dean Hall https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/statuses/434346873948622848

- Is the lightning strike something that mission makers can take advantage of without any components of Zeus loading into a mission for example?

- Is it at all possible for a vehicle to survive a bolt from the high heavens? :)

- Is it possible to control the azimuth of an object you place using GM mode? Couldn't see a way to do this in either screenshots or trailer

.) Since you are able to change time and weather in zeus, does that mean that time & weather is finally synched for JIP players?

.) How can the player become zeus, and can it be restricted? For example with GUIDs or login in as admin.

Edited by trnapster

Question: will there be new content for the game with this DLC? such as clothing and weaponry?

I watched some of the live stream and I wasn't sure what Zeus was.

All I seen was placing bots about and sitting back and watching them shoot each other.

Is this it,a new shinny editor for bot Vs bot?

Question:

Can the force field around the player units be smaller ?

Also, can you use Zeus the other way around ? To make a scenario in it, or the basic unit location etc, and then save it to the 2D editor ?

Question:

Can you show us the new altis location (ghost hostel) while showing us the Zeus stream?

Woaw, the features that will be available in Zeus is much more than what I would except from BIS (sorry). Really fantastic job there, and extra cookies to Moriacky :D

EDIT. and I even missed 60% of the stream ;)

Great stuff and now you made me switch back to Dev build! Looking forward to try Zeus module...

/KC

just opted into the dev branch. how do i start a zeus game?

i must be missing something.

edit: had to verify game integrity on steam.

Edited by ibex1779
problem solved

Pushing the Zeus Mode on Devbranch midstream: Priceless!

Will test this as soon as possible.

just opted into the dev branch. how do i start a zeus game?

i must be missing something.

run an MP mission there is ZGM missions now

how to make infinit patrol waypoints ?

how to make infinit patrol waypoints ?

Use the "cycle" waypoint.

Question:

1. Will I be able to use indirect fire with my units as Zeus? E.g drag a line from my BMPs to fire at a chosen location?

2. Will there be an option to "scout" the enemy players when im Zeus as opposed to seeing them from the get go?

3. How large minefields will I be able to put down?

Edited by schmolywar

Q: Will we have more weapons availability and variations in Ordnance, such as GBU, Cluster bombs, MK82, Cluster mines, Smoke, etc ?

Knowing that they are already in the game (mostly used in artillery tanks) I would like to see them as Ordnance weapons.

Thanks!

Use the "cycle" waypoint.

There is no Cycle waypoint in ZEUS.

Is there going to be some random mission generator to help make the game play smoother ? Otherwise you are relying too much on the Game Master.