Sign in to follow this  
Dogma57

Explanation on career mode

Hello :)

so I've purshased Take on Mars in july or so,correct me if I'm wrong,but you didn't have as much choices of mission as you have now.What I remember is you were only able to unlock one location for the mission,and then your rover was already pre-built,with everything it needed.Same for second,third,fourth missions,everything was pre-built and you didn't have to do anything.I stopped my career at this point.

So in the new career mode,after the strange russian mission,you have access to many more locations and missions.But I just don't get how it works.You have a pre-build very basic rover,a list of general objectives,but then what?I'm unsure what to do.What I did is picking random mission to send the basic rover on,then it increase the first objective by +2 I think.But I wasn't even sure it was the right thing to do,I could have buy technologies and make a more sophisticated rover and try to do other objectives,but really it isn't clear to me what I should do exactly,how much I'll gain by sending one here or one here.

So how to begin the career?Sending a lot of basic probe at different locations?Getting a more sophisticated one so that it'll take more "photos" and I'll gain more objective points and spending less?Or with better cameras or something?

I don't know if I'm clear but the main idea is I'm a bit lost :j:

Any help would be welcome :yay:

Well, that is not much of an answer. Every one of these walkthroughs are wrong and badly out of date. In fact...there is nothing in the steam guides section that are worth much.

Tips I was given look like this.

1. Go slow. Don't hurry.

2. Don't research anything until you have nothing to do, then only what you need to get more missions to show up.

Do the basic probe missions.

then research EAS

then do probe/EAS missions

research the next item you need...not going to tell you as that is part of the game...get stuck...come back here.

3. use vehicles as much as possible. reuse on different missions...save your money.

4. UTILIZE YOUR SAVES!!!!! first time you get a malfunction or something and you slam a rover or lander in to Mars you will know what I am talking about.