Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

Guys I dont understand, dont you have anything better to say than, "it will be a fail", "inb4 sh*tstorm", "youre doing it wrong BI" and vice versa? Because thats whats breathing in my face from this thread. Also when some guy at BI tries to be funny by putting the trademark at Soon, why flame him for it? I actually smiled at it. I can say that I am looking forward to this thing, whatever it is, call me naive pl0x.

"A storm is coming" ~ "Winter is coming"? :p

Brace yourself, the devs are turning A3 around 180 degrees in response to the criticism of the futuristic setting, turning it into a Game of Thrones setting instead.

I swear I hope its not a multiplayer game. Or at least there's some SP in it. I LOVE SP. I've enough of this MP BS going around ):

No offense to everyone w

I swear I hope its not a multiplayer game. Or at least there's some SP in it. I LOVE SP. I've enough of this MP BS going around ):

No offense to everyone w

You sir are most likely not joining the right servers or your internet is sketchy. All it takes is finding the right server or group of friends and you will never look back its so much more fun and immersive.

Why devs are spending time on sp and campaigns I will never know but I can tell you that some of the maps and missions the community plays on together is amazing you just need to find the right places/styles.

You sir are most likely not joining the right servers or your internet is sketchy. All it takes is finding the right server or group of friends and you will never look back its so much more fun and immersive.

Why devs are spending time on sp and campaigns I will never know but I can tell you that some of the maps and missions the community plays on together is amazing you just need to find the right places/styles.

I enjoy both. I whole heartedly believe that ARMA is capable of delivering strong and engaging stories and exploring questions regarding modern warfare. As a story telling tool, the ARMA engine is great. However, I have been playing in a serious community since 2009, and enjoy ARMA multiplayer a lot, I also love playing TacBF.

And when talking about TacBF, I've played a couple of games, and every time people have been cooperating and acting mature. I have yet to encounter annoying teenagers cursing and swearing while playing TacBF. Other game modes, sure. But not TacBF.

Countdown spotted on ARMA3.com

I'm holding my breath already :x

No, seriously. I'm quite excited because this is from people who made ArmA series. Was it DayZ that brought all the bitchy youth & drama queens in or what?

^ it's cause we always end up thinking it's something much greater than it turns out to be

Exactly. Frankly I think it's absurd that BI would even try to mystify this reveal by making an announcement of an announcement. Unless it's ACTUALLY better than Conquest mode and a co-op campaign combined (to dream BIGGER), then they need to just come out with it when its ready to launch. But to BI, having wonky animal AI seems to be the bestest thing evar - so my expectations are quite low.

Now don't get me wrong. I love BI. But with this announcement of an announcement to DREAM BIGGER than CONQUEST MODE AND Co-op campaign....it just reminds me of those people who say "WOWOWOWOW!!! WE PAY THE HIGHEST PRICES FOR G-G-G-G-GOOOOOOLD!!" and when you take something to them you find out that they are only paying you 35% of melt.

And if they actually reveal that it is a MP mode where you defend a flag from attackers and lightning strikes help you out then I'm seriously going to be pissed. Because that's neither bigger than Conquest mode nor better than co-op campaign.

Edited by Unknown03

Oh! I thought they were implementing finally RopeX into Arma 3... that could be a good reason for a countdown... buuuut, I'll keep on dreaming.

Exactly. Frankly I think it's absurd that BI would even try to mystify this reveal by making an announcement of an announcement. Unless it's ACTUALLY better than Conquest mode and a co-op campaign combined (to dream BIGGER), then they need to just come out with it when its ready to launch. But to BI, having wonky animal AI seems to be the bestest thing evar - so my expectations are quite low.

Now don't get me wrong. I love BI. But with this announcement of an announcement to DREAM BIGGER than CONQUEST MODE AND Co-op campaign....it just reminds me of those people who say "WOWOWOWOW!!! WE PAY THE HIGHEST PRICES FOR G-G-G-G-GOOOOOOLD!!" and when you take something to them you find out that they are only paying you 35% of melt.

And if they actually reveal that it is a MP mode where you defend a flag from attackers and lightning strikes help you out then I'm seriously going to be pissed. Because that's neither bigger than Conquest mode nor better than co-op campaign.

^This. Like the screenshot they released of the eagle flying over some destroyed stuff, or the lightning striking an ifrit. Sorry, but that doesn't get me hyped up. I just hope it's something that's going to benefit Arma 3.

jup, gaia vs humans is an expensive easter egg, nothing more.

Sent from mobile

A fun, accessible vanilla multiplayer mode with more classic arma gameplay would help out for MP a bunch to offset against the abundance that is Wasteland/Life. I think there's actually newcomers who think Wasteland/Life are official gamemodes and dress down the game because of the impressions it gives them.

Arma 3 didn't really ship with anything besides a bunch of coops and two tvt(?) seize missions.

F-35 lightning

thought that was obv

I thought that too, although I think they are planning on calling the new aircraft the F-28. But then I noticed, and I'd missed then until now because I don't actually care that much, the;

Red and green icons just below the player stance indicator, the red flag on a pole in front of the player and the green box with 'E' on it in the distance. It looks like some new sector control game mode, which while welcome for some, isn't terribly new

Well there is no point in speculating, we will just have to wait and see. I am curious though at who they are aiming at with the big new thing, the old arma fans or the new mass of casual gamers. Time will tell :>

What will really be great though is if it's just a countdown to the announcement of the title/description of the announcement of the announcement.

I like how BIS is always doing BIG announcement after another announcement and then the "big" thing comes - then the big disappointment goes

so am not expecting more than that MP mode heh

Wow, lots of people allowing their imagination to run away, then getting angry at their imagined scenario. Nothing better to do? :)

The only "storm" I can see coming, will be my wife when she will see me playing on Arma instead of going to restaurant... :rolleyes:

But only in case the new content is unique...

This will consist of a complete redesign of the main menu, and other UI to make it more user-friendly.

The main menu will feature a easily noticeable button where you press it and launches you straight into a game, sort of like matchmaking.

There will be a new server browser too that will let you do advanced search features such as filtering by game mode.

The game mode will consist of conquest similar to battlefield in every way, where you capture points and you can re-spawn at bases and in vehicles, also there will be groups/squads.

Ranks and weapon upgrades will be stored in the same database that houses DayZ.

Also the lightning is a full integration of NVIDIA PhysX and TrueSky weather.

Wow, lots of people allowing their imagination to run away, then getting angry at their imagined scenario. Nothing better to do? :)

no, actually. alas, i would love to hear some *convincing* speculation which isnt a downer.

The only speculation I'm willing to make: frequent references to a storm + eye GIF on countdown = "eye of the storm". I expect this is the name of whatever they are announcing. (ARMA 3: Eye of the Storm DLC/expansion, maybe? You heard it here first. ;))

Other than that, I'm not going to make any assumptions or speculate about possible content. What little information we have isn't enough to support any expectations, let alone hype.