Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

The zeus thing I see it great for Coop misions, but not a big deal for player vs player.

I can see a great PVP potential in this. How about this: Every team gets their own Zeus, who acts like a HQ. The HQ only sees their side as icons and has limited resources to spawn new vehicles etc. It's actually possible via editor to limit the area which a certain Zeus can edit so they could spawn units only to the head quarters, bit like in RTS games. The HQs are given tasks to complete to gain more resources to spend on spawning stuff. For example OPFOR team (with their Zeus) has conquered a village that BLUFOR now has to take back. If successful, the BLUFOR Zeus gets a specific amount of resource currency to spend on new items. How about the Zeus has to disable AA sites of the enemy to get access to choppers? Such possibilities, no?

I'm mind-blown by this ZEUS dlc. BRILLIANT IDEA BIS!!!!

I can see a great PVP potential in this. How about this: Every team gets their own Zeus, who acts like a HQ. The HQ only sees their side as icons and has limited resources to spawn new vehicles etc. It's actually possible via editor to limit the area which a certain Zeus can edit so they could spawn units only to the head quarters, bit like in RTS games. The HQs are given tasks to complete to gain more resources to spend on spawning stuff. For example OPFOR team (with their Zeus) has conquered a village that BLUFOR now has to take back. If successful, the BLUFOR Zeus gets a specific amount of resource currency to spend on new items. How about the Zeus has to disable AA sites of the enemy to get access to choppers? Such possibilities, no?

I can see one spawning-stuff-anywhere nightmare out of two Zeus :).

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

I would like to ask if with the next Multiplayer DLC BIS is going to launch other multiplayer gameplay modes, I mean i would like to see some warfare, Advance and secure, etc... and others more focused into normal PVP.

There has been no indication of that, they seem more of the idea that the comunity is mature enough to produce those by itself, and their role is more to maintain the platform, and innovate.

PS: A&S is being already played 24/7 in many servers (that and Insurgency). Domination-eske (aka Warfare only better) is probably around the corner.

In coop missions the Zeus player is all the time doing things, creating objectives, placing enemies, waypoints, and it should be fun, but in pure PVP with no AI units, the zeus player should get bored if once the objective is created he have to wait for one of the both teams to acomplish it. And with 2 zeus the thing could get even worst.

Do you realise how boring should be to just take care of spawning vehicles in the main base should be?

From the livestream, the general idea behind Zeus is not PvP, they only said it could be used that way, in response to a question from the community, but I assume they hadn't tried it.

They made some scenarios for PvP, watch this:

I hope everyone realizes, this is probably the most innovative game mode to hit the MP scene in years.

They made some scenarios for PvP, watch this:

Cool idea, but what the hell...the Zeus guys were basically just spawning in stuff in front of their own guys and telling them where the enemies were. :rolleyes:

Cool idea, but what the hell...the Zeus guys were basically just spawning in stuff in front of their own guys and telling them where the enemies were. :rolleyes:

That's why we need a 'fog of war' mechanic along side of camera restrictions.

As glimpsed in the Control Edessa video, the way that BI (or rather, Moricky and Filip Sádovský) implemented "TvT Zeus" was that each side's Zeus could only place stuff within their side's starting position and/or their side's captured and unthreatened sectors -- sector captures are not just for "gaining infantry respawn points" and "holding to cause enemy ticket bleed" -- although it seems that the Resources bar is continually regenerating.

This is precisely what I'd like to see.

I hope everyone realizes, this is probably the most innovative game mode to hit the MP scene in years.

This.

Zeus clones will came in next battlefield/cod/whatever MP game and will be sold as "next step in MP"

This.

Zeus clones will came in next battlefield/cod/whatever MP game and will be sold as "next step in MP"

Exact. I think you Devs should think about that!

It's a hybrid between RTS and FPS, only it's not, it's something new. Other shooters are gonna have some real problems trying to copy this. Their small maps are gonna show up horribly.

Finally got around to trying the Zeus showcase demo and boy, it works great so far, even in the early dev build version. :)

Played as both Zeus and as one of his "subjects".

Great fun for both parties. Easy to pick up (tried it out for 5 minutes before first guy joined on my locally hosted server)!

Can you Zeus around a bit and set the environment+tasks for OPFOR and BLUFOR - and then leave the Zeus role to play as one of the grunts on the ground?

Obviously, no more Zeus intervention would happen after that, but it could be a way to set up a nice mission and then participate in it.

Can you Zeus around a bit and set the environment+tasks for OPFOR and BLUFOR - and then leave the Zeus role to play as one of the grunts on the ground?

Obviously, no more Zeus intervention would happen after that, but it could be a way to set up a nice mission and then participate in it.

Sync a Zeus GM to a soldier, sync a "set editing costs" to the GM module. You can use the "ping Zeus" button to switch.

So did anyone manage to get the marksmen up in the tower (SP)? Wherever i click on that tower the WP's go "through" it and end up somewhere on the ground.

So did anyone manage to get the marksmen up in the tower (SP)? Wherever i click on that tower the WP's go "through" it and end up somewhere on the ground.

It's not possible in Zeus. You can't place waypoints on objects (or directly place objects on object without planting them on the ground first, or hit a helo with a lightning bolt, etc.) as the place you click on the screen is always determined to be on the terrain, which I'm assuming is due to the way screenToWorld behaves.

This is a suggestion fo a feature/command that might be useful to implement for many things, including the above mentioned use cases for Zeus.

Sync a Zeus GM to a soldier, sync a "set editing costs" to the GM module. You can use the "ping Zeus" button to switch.

Thanks steamtex, I'll give that a shot

You have to physically move them, not give them a waypoint. I think to move up/down in altitude you hold Alt or something? It's explained in the Tooltips.

This is "Black & White" game idea but I cannot see a reason to implement such game into Arma universe.

Because it lends itself well to the sandbox nature of the game? Because it's fairly innovative? Because it could be fun?

There are three reasons. Hope this helps!