Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

Same here, but I am pretty sure that is a planned feature.

Yes it is, they said it in the twitch stream.

A question, what is the difference between Zeus and Game moderator? I didn't really get it. On the servers I went to, both could change things, I'm a little bit confused.

Its up to the mission maker or mission parameters if there will be any difference, on the livestream they made an example that the moderators would be able to give orders and modify things, but not create things, not sure if this is how the default missions works, but it can be changed so that both Zeus and the Moderator are the same AFAIK.

Does Zeus recognize units from custom add-ons/mods? Or does it only allow you to place ARMA 3 vanilla units?

Does Zeus recognize units from custom add-ons/mods? Or does it only allow you to place ARMA 3 vanilla units?

It was answered and explained in the livestream.

It can be altered in the mission editor, using the modules there. In other words, the mission must be designed for use with mods, but it's pretty straight forward to do.

It can be altered in the mission editor, using the modules there. In other words, the mission must be designed for use with mods, but it's pretty straight forward to do.

But not as straight forward as MCC it seems or the 2D mission editor itself. I mean the interface and menu looks almost like the standard 2D editor with the unit and group drop down menus. If the 2D editor can instantly recognise any add-ons you have installed, why shouldn't Zeus do the same?

Looking forward to someone creating a BF2 style mod with this. Commander has assets they can deploy after getting requests from squads etc. Should be fun!

But not as straight forward as MCC it seems or the 2D mission editor itself. I mean the interface and menu looks almost like the standard 2D editor with the unit and group drop down menus. If the 2D editor can instantly recognise any add-ons you have installed, why shouldn't Zeus do the same?
Hopefully that's just an unfortunate circumstance of 'yet to be implemented' in the same manner that there's a bunch of known issues with Zeus' initial release (see the changelog).
Looking forward to someone creating a BF2 style mod with this. Commander has assets they can deploy after getting requests from squads etc. Should be fun!
I took a look, and "ZSC 32+2 Control Edessa" supports this to an extent already -- although each side's Zeus player can only place characters/groups, vehicles (empty only), and static defenses within a radius around the flagpoles of sectors controlled by their side, while chemlights, flares, and smoke shells aren't subject to this limitation, any of the above costs a specific number of Resources from the gradually-replenishing Resources bar.

How do you disable the gamemaster overlay during the game like it was done in the livestream? When I play as game master I can not disable the interface so far i've tried. And in the module I have to set the overlay/interface to forced on, or I will not see it nor can I activate it.

P.S, Zeus is running real smooth and it works very intuitive!

How do you disable the gamemaster overlay during the game like it was done in the livestream? When I play as game master I can not disable the interface so far i've tried. And in the module I have to set the overlay/interface to forced on, or I will not see it nor can I activate it.

P.S, Zeus is running real smooth and it works very intuitive!

Hit backspace.

Its a shame that in the Zeus MP mode you can not have AI enabled players for those that like to play LAN as single player, similar to how you could with Warfare in A2. Instead your forced to have to wait for a Game Master and other human players to join. Same applies for an AI Game Master too, but hey ho.

I am so sad about only knowing two other people who have Arma 3 :(

This would be such a blast with a bigger group

Just watched some of the recorded Stream. Credit where credit is due, it does look like a very interesting game mode and very innovative. Much better than anything I could have predicted. Good job BIS :)

if they dont fix the terrible performance of this game nothing else really matters any way.

Online communities like Shacktac has been using this mode for years. They refers to it as "the Arma Gods", meaning, people behind the scenes controlling the OPFOR.

I think Zeus is a good thing, after watching the livestream I like the fact that they kept if "military", but I'm a little afraid BIS could be using this as a way to transfer AI responsabilities to human players, I mean like a way to overcome the extremely difficult challenges they have to improve AI.

PS: I really woudn't like to play Zeus. So much work :)... We rather have scripts that simulates all kinds of unscripted situations...

, but I'm a little afraid BIS could be using this as a way to transfer AI responsabilities to human players, I mean like a way to overcome the extremely difficult challenges they have to improve AI.

I think you are entirely right on said point.

But at the same time i think Zeus will make a great debugging tool for the AI. During the livestream it was very easy to spot the situations where the AI was weak and how they should have acted instead. Of course being aware of the problem is one thing, fixing it is the hard part :(

Its a shame that in the Zeus MP mode you can not have AI enabled players for those that like to play LAN as single player, similar to how you could with Warfare in A2. Instead your forced to have to wait for a Game Master and other human players to join. Same applies for an AI Game Master too, but hey ho.

Really? Even if you mod it with ALiVE? Didn't someone post a proof-of-concept video of this?

I would like to ask if with the next Multiplayer DLC BIS is going to launch other multiplayer gameplay modes, I mean i would like to see some warfare, Advance and secure, etc... and others more focused into normal PVP.

The zeus thing I see it great for Coop misions, but not a big deal for player vs player.