Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

Strange, Bullet Purveyor above seems to be playing with it, unless I'm mistaken?

We found, in internal testing, that re-validating the cache via steam or simply restarting the game helps.

It should be in modules, Zeus, game master.

Best,

RiE

Forgot to say to you guys

A - Thanks for keeping on with development on the game

B - Thanks for all working Saturday to bring Zeus to us

My comments on the game are sometimes Negatron, and I do forget the good stuff occasionally so it's nice to have moments like release of Zeus to take stock and enjoy playing the game. :)

I see your point and agree that scouting etc. is one part of a good mission but since the spawning place/distance is totally up to the Game Master I really see no problems!? In the live session they just made a quick demonstration to show the basics.

Used along with a pre-made "mission template" and skilled Game Master/s this can really add to co-op experience IMO.

/KC

Guess it just comes down to personal preference. To me a well made mission is tested and thoroughly calibrated by maker 20, 50 a 100 times or more. For example lets say you have an objective to sabatoge enemy aircraft at a base than have to rearm and split before two tanks roll in. The timing, likely projected path etc would have been carefully considered by the mission maker many times, and it's the players task to beat this using cunning.

Much like if someone offered you a hard to beat chess scenario that was tough but winnable, the fun would be lost if the presenter could swap pieces on the fly.

First of all, great showcase bis...and thank you for working the weekend.

Klamacaz you keep dying ;)

this idea is very very cool, i have a question thats probably been asked before.

this is very similar to what we would need in the editor if im correct?

you can place units and objects with precision

you can place waypoints, markers

you can place effects

you can create tasks

this is pretty much the editor that everyone (i think) wants :)

would this be possible to even configure using a part of zeus?

i hope that makes some sense what im asking here :P

would make mission making a hell of a lot easier and fun

On one hand I follow froggyluv's reasoning - on the other I see this allowing for an aspect of fog-of-war. I mean, having 100% intel before entering into a mission would not be all the fun and I guess that many behind the lines ops in real life have not had that luxury.

Of course the GM should not rain down ridiculous amounts of opposition, but it goes without saying that the GM should carefully consider what to throw at the team

How do I download Zeus? All this talk of people using it and I don't see how.

1 - Select Dev Branch

2 - Restart Steam

3 - Profit

Edit: Ninja'd by The Wolf :)

Strange, Bullet Purveyor above seems to be playing with it, unless I'm mistaken?

We found, in internal testing, that re-validating the cache via steam or simply restarting the game helps.

It should be in modules, Zeus, game master.

Best,

RiE

I think I had to restart steam, and I didn't. I only opted for dev. branch without restarting. Downloading now to comfirm.

Watched some of the livestream...glad to see that it appears it puts a "no spawn zone" around the players in a certain radius, hopefully to avoid immersion-breaking things like troops/vehicles being spawned in front of your face out of nowhere.

This does look fun, and I hope it leads to some sort of 3D editor.

This does look fun, and I hope it leads to some sort of 3D editor.

Not only does it look fun, it unlocks a few interesting possibilities for custom made missions.

I've been developing a supervised multiplayer training mission for the past weeks, and I can see the instructor assuming the role of Zeus at some point, even though the base of the exercises are already there.

(+1 for the 3D editor)

This is all working great so far. The only bump I've ran into is how to add custom units. Not sure what value I am suppose to put in for the addon module.

I've just a problem to make units spawn in height and flying.

Just watched the stream and gotta say thats awesome!

Especially for communities, where "the zeus" is known and trusted its amazing.

Thx for adding this!

If it flourishes into a full blown 3D editor all the better, but its already very nice!

Cheers,

Crusader

I saw the stream and start to like it more and more, but I am mostly thinking about the '3D editor'!! I would love to see this being transformed in an official 3D editor purely for placing objects and building custom bases etc. As I understand now, the Zeus editor only works when the module is placed on the map so the 3D editor does not stand alone apart from the game mode.

I saw the stream and start to like it more and more, but I am mostly thinking about the '3D editor'!! I would love to see this being transformed in an official 3D editor purely for placing objects and building custom bases etc. As I understand now, the Zeus editor only works when the module is placed on the map so the 3D editor does not stand alone apart from the game mode.

Yes, I am really enjoying placing units in buildings, on roofs and some other tricky places.

Having fun with Zeus.

hi guys

I could not find the helicopters and the buzzard in zeus

is that somebody can tell me where its located ?

thank you :)

Damm BI! I spent whole night playing Zeus with randomly connecting ppl. Concept is great and works like charm even this beta incearnation. I only myssing command to mount/unmounts units into vehicles. Hope they add it. Grouping and height placement works like charm.

Damm BI! I spent whole night playing Zeus with randomly connecting ppl. Concept is great and works like charm even this beta incearnation. I only myssing command to mount/unmounts units into vehicles. Hope they add it. Grouping and height placement works like charm.

Same here, but I am pretty sure that is a planned feature.

Height placement does not work like charm, unfortunately. You have to first place them on the ground and only then you can set the height. I would like to set the height without having to put them on the ground first.

Height placement does not work like charm, unfortunately. You have to first place them on the ground and only then you can set the height. I would like to set the height without having to put them on the ground first.

Then you are doing it wrong, becouse you can set height before placing.

Edit: I was wrong. It does not work :(

Edited by Brisse

Then you are doing it wrong, becouse you can set height before placing.

Really? I tried every possible way I know. Can you please tell me how to do that? Thanks.

A question, what is the difference between Zeus and Game moderator? I didn't really get it. On the servers I went to, both could change things, I'm a little bit confused.