Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

BIS, so I've read that players will be able to act as a "zeus" game master and we'll be able to add this function to our missions. Will it be possible to allow more than one player as a game master and is it possible to modify what game masters can build, how far they can pan around with the camera, add a cost to building items. I'm trying to figure out how this could be used in CTI when acting as a commander.

They waste so much time making stuff like this, people have already created mods that pretty much do this already. There is hardly any content in ARMA 3, for example there are no large fix wing aircrafts for paradrops and there is only roughly 6 or so building types you can enter and all of the factorys are locked.

No meaningful medical system other than scroll wheel and return some hit points.

Lacking content is one issue but then there are the bugs. For example the MX grenade launchers weapon is white at the end if looked at through a scope.

If you have SLI cameras and mirrors flash making them impossible to use.

There is no real armor other than the kind that protects the entire body.

AI take up to 5 hits to be killed while you will die in 1 hit.

There are so many problems with the game and there never seems to be any progress with the issues just stuff that we don't really need such as this.

They waste so much time making stuff like this

If you took 5 seconds to read the forum, you'll learn that they don't.

I'm disappointed in BIS. I thought Arma was supposed to be realistic, yet now they add this. How the hell can LIGHTNINGS destroy TANKS!?

They waste so much time making stuff like this, people have already created mods that pretty much do this already. There is hardly any content in ARMA 3, for example there are no large fix wing aircrafts for paradrops and there is only roughly 6 or so building types you can enter and all of the factorys are locked.

No meaningful medical system other than scroll wheel and return some hit points.

Lacking content is one issue but then there are the bugs. For example the MX grenade launchers weapon is white at the end if looked at through a scope.

There are so many problems with the game and there never seems to be any progress with the issues just stuff that we don't really need such as this.

I think different teams work on these things. I would call this new content though. More jets are coming. Real armor is WIP and already semi in the game. As for the medical system and AI HP, I agree that they need to be worked on.

Exactly what i think!

If you took 5 seconds to read the forum, you'll learn that they don't.
yeah cus the forums = what everyone who plays arma thinks...

honestly this is a really silly idea i could have done without. But at the same time i don't care as i'll never use it. With any luck(which i HIGHLY DOUBT) we'll eventually get a proper 3D editor out of this. But again, i doubt it.

This looks amazing. It will make so great missions with a reasonable GM. Great job BIS. Fantastic.

Jeez the amount of sheer morons here...

"Lightnings cannot destroy tanks, so this is a bull*it module"

"Gamemaster functionality is for casual play only"

"This is just a ripoff of MCC"

Please let off your idiot steam elsewhere.

<rant off>

This should allow for great gameplay! Even if there are things like MCC, this looks nice and if it's extensible as promised very interesting things are bound to happen.

Go BIS and thanks for great gaming!

Kudos to BIS for stepping outside their box and producing something a little whimsical. Not everything ARMA related needs to have a basis in reality or authenticity.

Looks fun and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Jeez the amount of sheer morons here...

"Lightnings cannot destroy tanks, so this is a bull*it module"

"Gamemaster functionality is for casual play only"

"This is just a ripoff of MCC"

Please let off your idiot steam elsewhere.

<rant off>

This should allow for great gameplay! Even if there are things like MCC, this looks nice and if it's extensible as promised very interesting things are bound to happen.

Go BIS and thanks for great gaming!

Agreed.

Haha, what the hell. Can't we just have the 3D editor please? I despise being a negative nancy, but who's going to use this brand-spanking new MP experience? the Wasteland lot, or the realism orientated clan lot. Neither, I'd wager (and any other groups apart from those 2 are fairly negligible).

We've been calling for a 3D editor for nigh on 12 years, and now you're on the precipice of creating one, you release it in this weird, quasi-usable Multiplayer format. I don't know... 'Whatever' I guess. I'll be back here with the rest, using MCC and waiting for the actual game update we've been looking forward to - A.C.E

Lightning bolt -> Zeus -> Greek gods -> Altis/Stratis -> See waddamean ? :cool: (I surely don't)

Lol, finally I was on the right track...

I think this a good thing. I look forward to watching some new Shacktac scenarios with a human acting as a coordinating intelligence behind the AI's battleplan. Certainly takes some of the pressure off the mission designers at design time. Now mission designers can play as a DM and control their troops in realtime. I really think organised groups will frickin love this.

Now, this trailer was good! The video editing itself, I mean. Pretty cool :cool:

Music really empowers you in this trailer.

Some of the people complaining here just don't understand what this is. For those that wanted Arma 3 to be more like VBS, you're now getting one of the biggest features that VBS has, tailored specifically to make it usable in actual gameplay. This is not based in reality or fantasy — you use this the way you want to. If you're in a realism unit, your commander can utilize this to create training scenarios or even full missions on the fly. There are no grounds here for complaints about realism or the use of BIS' resources. I don't believe any better content could be released at this time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this is something only Karel Moricky is working on. The whole team isn't working on it.

Some of the people complaining here just don't understand what this is. For those that wanted Arma 3 to be more like VBS, you're now getting one of the biggest features that VBS has, tailored specifically to make it usable in actual gameplay. This is not based in reality or fantasy — you use this the way you want to. If you're in a realism unit, your commander can utilize this to create training scenarios or even full missions on the fly. There are no grounds here for complaints about realism or the use of BIS' resources. I don't believe any better content could be released at this time.

I doubt you can save the missions. This mode is not like the real time editor in VBS. It's closer to MCC sandbox and stuff of that nature only this is much make game-y than realistic.

If it was a real time editor, it would be called a real time editor. It looks like it is a gameplay module like the sector control and defend modules. Nothing more.

I like the idea of a supported and officially-made MCC/VBS type system. With a dedicated group and a good "Zeus" player, it could be a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to be something that will catch on as a regular game mode for most people.

Also, I'll echo the disappointment some others have expressed about the 3D editor not being usable offline. The 2D editor is so clunky and awful for basic placement of units.

This awesome, either for casual play or for the more focused on realism. With this mod even when a mission has its hiccups you can fix it and make every mission as dynamic as possible!

Yes, i find ArmA lacking in many things, but surely it is a great addition and the only servers that wouldn't use it to full extent in my opinion would be the public servers, they would have to limit only the admins to be Zeus or it would be an mess. I'm with GDent on this one.

And keep in mind that ArmA isn't developed by a single guy or a small team of friends as most mods, so they aren't keeping other fixes and other features that people complain out of the game, i doubt they would let a developer to work on this project while detracting the progress from the full game, there are dedicated teams for each areas.

It would be awesome to make a 3d editor with this, i don't really think we need a full working 3d editor, at least for me the main reason a 3d editor would be helpful would be for units and objects placement, if they could just make possible to save the objects positions and go back to the 2d editor to place triggers, waypoints, whatever you need would be enough. Like using 3d editor for precise object placement and 2d editor for general purposes.

Edited by Lucasmnunesk

BI, please record the Twitch livestream for offline viewing afterwards?

And as for the comments on lightning destroying a tank - the lightning is just a visual cue that the gamemaster deleted an entity from the battlefield.

I think the gamemode looks very promising, I can certainly think of some interesting uses in my LAN setup. Thanks, BI, get it done already

-OP

All fine and dandy, but the majority of arma players are not the realism fanatic VBS fan crowd (anymore). So high chance practice will be a different thing then what it all could be. Public MP is unbarable as it is already compared to lets say 2009/2010.

I hope BI will at least make an official 3D editor out of it and implement the new weather features into the editor!

Then don't use it with the majority of players and don't use it in public MP. Mission makers control this, it's not just some multiplayer game mode. Add it to a mission, apply any restrictions or freedoms you want, and then use it in your group. I don't see what any of that has to do with public multiplayer.