Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

the most i get out of this quote from karel :

“Plus I myself am developing yet unannounced multiplayer feature, which may radically change how this game is played.â€

it cant be some simple new mode like CTF, this just wouldnt justify such a statement. the only thing i can think of is something like 1000 player per server support through some black magic dayZ net bubble. i cant really believe it though, as we all know performance was never the strong side of ARMA.

What we know is that it's MP centric. So all speculations should start from this point.

Im hoping for something in the tsunami direction.

Like rising the sea level in realtime and creating a dayz like scenario where people scatter for the high parts of the island.

Survivors of the hills kinda..

Im hoping for something in the tsunami direction.

Like rising the sea level in realtime and creating a dayz like scenario where people scatter for the high parts of the island.

Survivors of the hills kinda..

Something like this has already been contributed to the MANW-Contest: ArmAgeddon

lets hope it is something bigger than just a new MP gamemode.

if they make all this secrecy only for a new MP gamemode, it would be really annoying

lets hope it is something bigger than just a new MP gamemode.

if they make all this secrecy only for a new MP gamemode, it would be really annoying

^ this.

If all the hype they are throwing at us is just for a MP gamemode, it's better to be an extremely new one (which to me sounds a bit impossible to come up with a really new mode).

If there's some (good) additional content aswell, either engine-side or playable content side, i'll be good.

Maybe it's an installment of Battlefield type of multiplayer game modes, like capture the flag..

And they told us to think big so there might be even multiplayer score and leaderboards:).

Maybe they want to open the game to wider audience?

And I think the "strom is coming" could refer to battlefield 4's multiplayer map called "Paracel storm"....

Just guessing though, can't wait to see what it's really about!:bounce3:

Edit: And by capture the flag I actually meant conquest... oh well

Edited by hekane
mistake

Destruction engine. You heard it here first, people.

lol i doubt.

It's a new Conquest gamemode. :)

Edited by danny96

This is probably going to be a big disappointment so my guess:

-A new showcase

-An MP mission

-Improved weather

-Social bull****

"With that in mind, we've identified a modest number of free and premium DLCs that will provide a clear focus for our ongoing development. These mini-projects give us the chance to create some really interesting new things and, we hope, genuinely enhance Arma 3's gameplay. For example, next month, we're set to unveil an innovative new multiplayer DLC that wraps Arma 3's key strengths together into one surprising package, available for free to everyone who owns Arma 3. "

They have said it's a new MP mode so I don't understand why people think it's anything else?

New ? Really ? we're playing with a "Game Master" since ArmA 3 came out...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147821-VTS-4-0-Live-Multiplayer-Mission-Creating-Tool-for-A3

Hope these guys will get credit from what comes out.

Beside this point, it's looking really good.

Edited by Koj

Except VBS has had similar features for a long time, it's far more likely to be derived from that.

As the MCC and similar things were originally inspired by those features of VBS.

Hah so that was the whole thing with the lighting.Was expecting more content(pack,expansion) but this looks nice too.

Looks pretty open ended and cool - will give this a bash when it downloads later. Thanks for sharing the linky.

I'm not sure if it will be available today. I think today was only the official announcement. It says available Q2.

This will be great on public servers. Imagine the wrath of an unbalanced 13 year old game-master-god. Gotta be a very origin experience concerning the Twelve Olympians.

There's some controls for weather on the sidebar - hopefully there's some new juicy MP weather scripting I can check out for other missions!

I'm not sure if it will be available today. I think today was only the official announcement. It says available Q2.

But the countdown should still be going for three hours.