Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

^ it's cause we always end up thinking it's something much greater than it turns out to be

No, not even that... I just hate being forced to wait. ;)

I hope it's an expansion with all the modern day stuff in full ARMA accuracy, that would be pretty damn awesome. Doubt it is though ):

The game is unfinished. Yep.

We got one fixed wing aircraft, 2/3 of the campaign, no distinct firing sounds between the guns, a ton of bugs, broken healing system.

Loads of features that were supposed to arrive after the release now vanished, such as shooting while being a passanger in a chopper, or working doors in helis.

The multiplayer community is almost unexistant (and no, I am not counting wasteland and DayZ crap) and releasing DLC will furtherly extend on that. Plus, the netcode is broken, lags and fps drops happen all the time.

I know, I know - Arma 2 was bad on release as well. But the level of incompletion featured in Arma is - I feel - totally unprecedensed, even Arma 1 had much more content.

I play this game since 2001, I remember how tremendous impact the 'Resistance' DLC had, but the times have changed, people abandoned the game, DLC is not gonna help, period. Fix and improve the game, then I'll gladly chuck you over some more dollars.

What do you think?

Threads merged. Please continue speculating here.

Maybe its a multiplayer campaign, who knows?

We got one fixed wing aircraft, 2/3 of the campaign, no distinct firing sounds between the guns, a ton of bugs, broken healing system.

Loads of features that were supposed to arrive after the release now vanished, such as shooting while being a passanger in a chopper, or working doors in helis.

The multiplayer community is almost unexistant (and no, I am not counting wasteland and DayZ crap) and releasing DLC will furtherly extend on that. Plus, the netcode is broken, lags and fps drops happen all the time.

I know, I know - Arma 2 was bad on release as well. But the level of incompletion featured in Arma is - I feel - totally unprecedensed, even Arma 1 had much more content.

I play this game since 2001, I remember how tremendous impact the 'Resistance' DLC had, but the times have changed, people abandoned the game, DLC is not gonna help, period. Fix and improve the game, then I'll gladly chuck you over some more dollars.

What do you think?

agreed! arma combat operations was my first arma i played (i never really played ofp) and i loved it back in the times and when they released arma 2, i was like wow such a awesome game. of course it was full of bugs at start but everything else was awesome: tge content, the updates etc and arma 2 was a complete step forward but when i played arma 3, it was more than one step backward. and BIS biggest mistake was: announcement of features that are not ingame now.

me and many other from the community do not trust BIS anymore. lots of arma players lost trust in BIS and some players are moving to another games now because of the big dissapointment. i see a dark future for BIS if they want to release another game. i bet it wont get very high sales since the dissapointment of arma 3.

i hope this "a storm is coming" is a big update and not something like a new mp game mode because there are other things which need to be done and has much more high priority and i wont believe that BIS is making something special/big secret just for a new mp gamemode. if this is really the case that BIS is making such a secret for a mp gamemode, then RIP arma and BIS for me.

Is this eye specifically related to anything, or is it nothing special?

http://www.arma3.com/images/teaser.gif

It's a lightning bolt visible in the center of the eye.

The circle around it is the "Select" marker.

Could be something placeable in the editor.

http://www.unrealengine.com/files/news/Oculus_Color_logo.jpg

Looks similar to the Oculus Rift logo to me, but that could be coincidence.

I don't think I can handle 100+ kids voices through my headset.

Amen B00tsy. Last time I tried to jump into a MP game, to help with testing the perf binaries, it was filled with pre-pubescent screaming kids shouting obsecenities. Makes you wanna reach out and slap them!

Anyway, I hope that BIS have carried out a brainstorm and found a completely new MP mode. I won't pass judgement until I have seen it.

Is this eye specifically related to anything, or is it nothing special?

http://www.arma3.com/images/teaser.gif

It's a lightning bolt visible in the center of the eye.

The circle around it is the "Select" marker.

Could be something placeable in the editor.

http://www.unrealengine.com/files/news/Oculus_Color_logo.jpg

Looks similar to the Oculus Rift logo to me, but that could be coincidence.

I think you're reading too much into it, the game mode is probably called "Eye of the storm".

I would have to disagree, there is a huge multi-player community. Plenty of players playing you just have to look closer, take a look at the squads section.

Anyway get back on topic, lets wait and see what is released.

If this *Storm doesn't ιnclude NEW features /Improvements ..there will be NO storm for me..

Edited by GiorgyGR

Okay.

The multiplayer community is almost unexistant

But not only does it exist, it's also well diffused around the globe.

On to the fun part, we're definitely seeing new weather eye-candy! New weather effects.

MP Competition, $$$ involved?

You mean MP content creation competition?

I just came across that eye in relation to realtime immersive and crytek. Desperate, wishful thinking or could it be?Thoughts on that?

My personal opinion - I don't think arma is as niche as people make out to be it's just arma has so many long standing issues that only a handful of those could put people off of the game. I really believe arma on better engine would sell like hot cakes there ever was.

Edited by Bee8190

crytek is definitely wishful thinking as it would touch much more than MP. they said its a new MP thing and I cant ffs figure anything so awesome it needs to be announced like this.

Sent from mobile

I just came across that eye in relation to realtime immersive and crytek. Desperate, wishful thinking or could it be?Thoughts on that?

My personal opinion - I don't think arma is as niche as people make out to be it's just arma has so many long standing issues that only a handful of those could put people off of the game. I really believe arma on better engine would sell like hot cakes there ever was.

Your desperate, wishful thinking, although that's what makes it look so familiar. I couldn't figure out what it was (Pearl Jam definitely wasn't it). But that's it. Arma on a different engine probably would perform worse at first, but with a bigger budget and large development team, I bet Arma on the same or different engine would be better than the game in its current form. But that's a discussion for a different thread.

It's definitely a new MP mode, as that's been pretty clear. But, the thing is, what is coming with it? As well, given the dev team hype for this, it must be Arma's version of WaW/Black Ops' Zombies mode and Ghosts' Extinction mode, as far as how big it is and it's relation to the other parts of the game (regular MP, campaign). At least, that's the sense I get with this thing getting it's own countdown and all.

Definitely not an F-35 Lightning! Only someone who hasn't been paying attention would suggest that.

OK, I´ll dream a little bigger and say Mods via Steam workshop and automatic mod downloading when joining a server.

If this *Storm doesn't conclude NEW features /Improvements ..there will be NO storm for me..

BREAKING NEWS FROM BOHEMIA INTROLLACTIVE: New DLC to include a nostalgic re-introduction of all the original ArmA 2 bugs, along with the replacement of all turrets with the MRAP .50 cals, to prevent the confusion of too many turret designs in game

But in all seriousness, what can you release in a DLC that isn't a new feature/improvement? Wouldn't be too worried.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

ACTUAL NEW INFO

http://www.arma3.com/soon

BI have trademarked "Soon"