Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

Why do you all not understand that the "storm" is almost certainly a figure of speech? I highly doubt it'll have anything to do with weather.

Also today's Dev. Changelog states "The system is now ready for some new features," I'd guess tomorrow or the day after we'll see what it is.

The Dev changelog states that the system for animals is now ready for some new features, not the new "game mode", probably why it was put in bullet points under the animal behavior change. Frankly with the way it's been hyped up and announced, I wouldn't be surprised if it's some gamey futuristic "game mode" revolving around some "storm" mechanic, which is fine and dandy but it does nothing to alleviate community concerns and the focus put on it makes it seem like the developers basically don't give a crap about community concern and are more focused on "sweeping it under the rug". Even if it is sync'd MP weather, which would be nice and all, why hype it up for 2 months like it's some big thing because it's still going to be disappointing. Also why make a big focus on it before you even get MP running "good" for the majority of players. The seeming imperceptibility of the developers over community issue's sometimes is seriously off putting.

The Dev changelog states that the system for animals is now ready for some new features, not the new "game mode", probably why it was put in bullet points under the animal behavior change......

BevXmeJCQAACdqy.jpg:large

Well, I have a feeling something is completely going wrong !

This is what ArmA 3 really needs and what we all are waiting for since the release.

Priorities !

Gents / ladies / not sure what you are...

This thread was meant to be a bit of fun and as Maionaze rightly said, the more outlandish ideas the better! I am hoping for Thor to turn up myself and release some kick arse lightning...

Lets keep the serious stuff to the serious threads.

Why do you all not understand that the "storm" is almost certainly a figure of speech? I highly doubt it'll have anything to do with weather.

Also today's Dev. Changelog states "The system is now ready for some new features," I'd guess tomorrow or the day after we'll see what it is.

Right, because lightning has nothing to do with weather....

Right, because lightning has nothing to do with weather....

Well, not if it is cast with Thors hammer, or thrown by Zeus. :p

Surprised at the amount of pessimism in this post, seems that people manage to find a way to bring up every issue possible whenever BI does as much as lift a finger.

But anyway, I think its going to be some "nature vs man" sort of scenario. We already saw the lightning, the storm post, screenshots of eagles watching burning convoys, and now possible new features for animals...

Surprised at the amount of pessimism in this post, seems that people manage to find a way to bring up every issue possible whenever BI does as much as lift a finger.

But anyway, I think its going to be some "nature vs man" sort of scenario. We already saw the lightning, the storm post, screenshots of eagles watching burning convoys, and now possible new features for animals...

I'm going to be beyond disappointed if it turns out like that, BI is seriously brain dead if they're working on fucking animals.

I'm going to be beyond disappointed if it turns out like that, BI is seriously brain dead if they're working on fucking animals.

Actually, I just decided to launch arma 3 with latest dev branch, and on the main screen background, instead of seeing the squads assault the firing range in the background, now its some CSAT inf ontop of some random hill on Altis Camp Rogain in a storm, getting ambushed by NATO inf with lightning strikes all over the place....

So i'm going with Greek Gods vs NATO vs CSAT. Because it would fit the theme.

Well BI, looks like you fucked up again. "You know, the game obviously has no bugs, missing features, or lacks of content right now. Let's add pretty lightning!"

Screw you BI, you treat this like a gradeschooler's pet project.

I am quite satisfied with the game already. I'm looking forward to the stuff that's going to be added - or fixed - of course, but I already got my money's worth out of Arma 3 long ago. Everything building up on that is only adding to my experience. BI can't possibly fuck anything up here.

And I'd love to see some serious weather! Rain and thunder do add to the immersion of the game. If they'd expand on the weather mechanics of the game, I would be happy about it. Adding a system that'd correlate waves, wind, precipitation and whatnot. That would be fucking awesome.

But maybe that's not what the announcement was all about. Mabye it's about adding tsunamis (which would be awesome of course!) or maybe about the invasion of a second OPFOR-faction, who knows.

I think a vague announcement should not lead to overdone obduracy - why not be happy about it?

I am quite satisfied with the game already. I'm looking forward to the stuff that's going to be added - or fixed - of course, but I already got my money's worth out of Arma 3 long ago. Everything building up on that is only adding to my experience. BI can't possibly fuck anything up here.

And I'd love to see some serious weather! Rain and thunder do add to the immersion of the game. If they'd expand on the weather mechanics of the game, I would be happy about it. Adding a system that'd correlate waves, wind, precipitation and whatnot. That would be fucking awesome.

But maybe that's not what the announcement was all about. Mabye it's about adding tsunamis (which would be awesome of course!) or maybe about the invasion of a second OPFOR-faction, who knows.

I think a vague announcement should not lead to overdone obduracy - why not be happy about it?

Pretty sure it has something to do with the new multiplayer mode

why not be happy about it?

exactly! I am pretty happy to see new stuff coming. Whatever it is.

I hope we will be able to morph into an eagle when we die. Just like we played birds in ofc after death.

And then maybe those animals (played by the dead players) will be able to attack both CSAT and NATO just for the heck of it :)

animals attacking? now the fix for rabbits accessing inventories starts to make sense. anyhow i would seriously scratch my head if that turns out to be true. we are the realismnatics, not the fantasy crowd.

Sent from mobile

I hope that "new storm is coming" is simply rain and thunder from Dayz... so much better than the ones in Arma3 (with "magnifying effect" and water drops on the ground)...

animals attacking? now the fix for rabbits accessing inventories starts to make sense. anyhow i would seriously scratch my head if that turns out to be true. we are the realismnatics, not the fantasy crowd.

Sent from mobile

The 'realismnatics' are the small minority now. Like the sabeltooth tiger that got extinct...

There's a storm coming. You and your mates better shut down the computers, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could play with so many fps and leave so little for the rest of us.

Well BI, looks like you fucked up again. "You know, the game obviously has no bugs, missing features, or lacks of content right now. Let's add pretty lightning!"

Screw you BI, you treat this like a gradeschooler's pet project.

The new weather effects are part of the ongoing process of improving the game (in every department and when possible if resources allow it), not the actual "Storm".

Also maybe you would like to apply for one of the job openings they have. Going by your post, I assume you have vast experience as a software project manager, you can work your way up the ranks in no time and turn this project around.

Best of luck :bounce3:

Sometimes I really hate these modern marketing techniques that don't give away the actual product to raise curiosity...

^ it's cause we always end up thinking it's something much greater than it turns out to be