Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

That would be, sorry to say, absolutely ridiculous. What would that be, one of the defenders plays as Zeus ? I thought Arma was a military sandbox, and not some Populous clone. Can you also do earthquakes ?

Plus, what is so special about a King of the Hill type game mode ? The community can whip that up in a few minutes.

I sincerely hope that whatever BIS comes up with, it's something in the Arma spirit, namely, authentic military themed. Given the relatively low (and imho realistic) technology advancement, I sincerely hope we won't be getting weather control, tesla weapons, or divine intervention into the game, especially if you consider that rail guns were already too much for some people.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

That's the problem I have with this whole announcement of an announcement as well. Remember the past few of those, and how they ALWAYS turned into a major disappointment for most people,. or AT LEAST did no turn out the feature that most people wanted to.

Well if you launch the game you can see it for yourself in the main menu. It doesn´t look that special at all. But Maybe it gets interesting to play because of some funky Zeus Powers for the OPFOR commander.

But I agree definately nothing that stands for the "spirit of Arma". Basically Arma 3 in a nutshell.

Unless this storm thing are heavy engine tweaks with some most requested community features I don't give a toss.

This storm probably refers to the new aircraft coming or whatever no?

also, 666 posts lol

That's the problem I have with this whole announcement of an announcement as well. Remember the past few of those, and how they ALWAYS turned into a major disappointment for most people,. or AT LEAST did no turn out the feature that most people wanted to.

It's a disconnect between BI and the community in regards to what the large chunk of people want and what BI is prepared to offer, not much to it really.

It's like grandma hyping up her Christmas present for the kids. It's always socks. Eventually you grow up, learn not to bite into it and just say thanks for the socks and stop writing the Christmas wishlist because it's futile.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

It's a disconnect between BI and the community in regards to what each individual wants and what BI is prepared to offer, not much to it really.

It's like grandma hyping up her Christmas present for the kids. It's always socks. Eventually you learn not to bite into it and just say thanks for the socks.

Agreed, but the problem is that grandma should know after a few years of sock hype that socks aren't the greatest present

Agreed, but the problem is that grandma should know after a few years of sock hype that socks aren't the greatest present

When has that ever stopped good old Granny from still buying you socks? :p

I think this relates to the storm that will be unleashed all over Altis when they release mediterranean parking lot simulator 2014 on April 1st.

But no, seriously. I'm hoping for this to be good, whatever it is.

It's a disconnect between BI and the community in regards to what the large chunk of people wantIt's like grandma hyping up her Christmas present for the kids. It's always socks. Eventually you grow up, learn not to bite into it and just say thanks for the socks and stop writing the Christmas wishlist because it's futile.

Hah that's so true - That's all Granny Das Attorney used to get me.

Ehm guys, did you launc the game lately?

Yesterday as I launched the game to test the new thunder sounds I could see that new gamemode in the main menu. It basically went like this:

OPFOR was defending the base on the hill.

BLUFOR was attacking from multiple directions trying to overrun OPFOR.

Lightning was impacting on the hill.

My guess is that this will be some kind of "Defend the Hill" Szenario with lightning somehow helping the defenders. (Or maybe randomly striking everything with a higher chance of striking vehicles.)

To Be honest, i doubt it would be just a case of defend/capture 1 hill - That would be over way to quick. I think, given the number of military bases/installations/complexes on Altis, and Stratis (though much less on Stratis) that this may be some kind of CTI, where you have to capture the bases etc. Rather than just 1 base/hilltop.

They might bring back the beta clouds along with this storm?

They might bring back the beta clouds along with this storm?

Yes, please!!! (There goes my Hype train)

Maybe they will move ArmA3 from an early access beta with copy pasted content and arcade gameplay to a final game after so much time? Maybe BIS will actually work on a game for once? That will be one helluva storm for sure!

You'd think in a year BIS could do more with this game than virtually nothing.

It's a disconnect between BI and the community in regards to what the large chunk of people want and what BI is prepared to offer, not much to it really.

It's like grandma hyping up her Christmas present for the kids. It's always socks. Eventually you grow up, learn not to bite into it and just say thanks for the socks and stop writing the Christmas wishlist because it's futile.

This really hits the nail on the head.

Every new day I open the development branch change log full of hope to see some relevant AI or engine fixes...

This really hits the nail on the head.

Every new day I open the development branch change log full of hope to see some relevant AI or engine fixes...

+1

priorities.....

I thought it was something about weather effects, but now, I think this is just an MP mode like BF3-4, probably with autohealing, holygodmedics that can revive you instantly, infinite respawns, and so on

I bet it's an DLC ( with more turrets )

hidden_trollface1.png

I am really trying to stay positive here. A gaming studio such as BI can probably never satisfy everyone. Todays site-rep is quite positive in a sense that vehicles are receiving some of the lost love again but on one hand, I am at loss seeing the benefits of being able to use wheel with vehicles. I mean it's great but the vehicles have IMO quite few fundamental issues. They still feel too arcadey, tracked vehicles are turning like cars with damaged wheels and the physx are not just refined enough just yet either and for any race sim enthusiast - wheeling ability will make it even worse unfortunately, not better.

May I suggest looking up project reality 1.1 for BF2 and how tracked vehicles handle? Yes its an old engine and all and it's not spot on either but the feeling of driving tracked vehicle is immersive enough and unfortunately more so in BF2 PR than they are currently in arma. I am truly looking forward for more updates

Edited by Bee8190

People lets stick to outlandish speculations of what this "Storm" might be and keep the "fanboy vs hater" themed posts out of this thread. Once we get some actual info, everyone can express their opinions in a polite manner in this thread or a new one, depending how BI wants to handle it.

Thank you.

+1

priorities.....

+1

i dont care for new game modes. there are plenty of gifted modders releasing them only being flawed by unfinished/bad/outdated game mechanics.

well, i'd appreciate a better/working weather system/clouds if thats included. and multiple lightsource shadows xD

Sent from mobile

Yeah I hope for something different than MP but who cares anyway :)

Sent from computer;)

Why do you all not understand that the "storm" is almost certainly a figure of speech? I highly doubt it'll have anything to do with weather.

Also today's Dev. Changelog states "The system is now ready for some new features," I'd guess tomorrow or the day after we'll see what it is.

As SP player and one who likes the simulation aspect, i don't expect more than another step back.

Edited by VanZant