Sign in to follow this  
rtek

?? Modules: Random Patrols, UAV Recon Support ??

Could any give a simple description on how to get either of these to work?

The Random Patrols, I know used to involve markers. Then I saw a video saying it now uses civilians, and having to put down their routes and stuff. Is this really how they made it? Other way seemed so much easier and more clean.

btw, I currently dont care about using any scripts for random patrols. I want to know how to work the ingame modules.

The UAV recon support, I set it to -1 for infinite, Ive set it to 1 and Ive tried at 10, but the option never shows. artillery, cas, transport....those all work synced to a support requestor and synced to respective vehicles. UAV recon, theres no option in the requestor module to sync to a uav. How does this work?

Thank you to anyone, in advance, who can explain these two modules for me.

Anyone? Anyone from Bohemia that could answer how to use these modules? I can't find anything on them.

I tried search for any tutorials or info on the uav recon support but haven't found anything on how to use it.

Personally I wouldn't be relying on BIS modules for too much. From my fairly limited experience with them some work and some don't. The patrol one for instance was in during alpha but then just disappeared. Haven't had a look to see if it's back in as I just use EOS now.

Personally I wouldn't be relying on BIS modules for too much. From my fairly limited experience with them some work and some don't. The patrol one for instance was in during alpha but then just disappeared. Haven't had a look to see if it's back in as I just use EOS now.

Totally agree. I wouldn't rely on the BI modules, because its too basic.

That's why the engine in arma 3, 2 and 1 is designed for everyone to make scripts, so IT WORKS.

Here is some links that will help you definitely:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18802

----------------------------------------------

Hope it helps! ;)

Ranwer

The UAV option in the support module, I'm looking to have the option to call a uav for recon in mission, not for the briefing. When I set how many transports, cas runs etc I want to allow, there's an option for UAV Recon, but no support module for a UAV recon.

Random patrols, Ive just been setting a group with multiple waypoints all set to 100-200m placement and they randomly patrol that area the waypoints cover. Works great.

Only reason I use the in game support modules is they work, they're in the editor and quick and easy to setup. I looked at UPSMON and EOS but my missions arent big enough to use those and justify the time spent to set them up. but ill look I to fhem a but more, maybe use them on my bigger missions.