Sign in to follow this  
rhinoCRUNCH

[CO-OP 8][1944] ESCAPE HITLER! by Should & Rhinocrunch

ESCAPE HITLER! ALPHA 1.0

by Should & Rhinocrunch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yPlQMzYHI

About:

Escape Hitler is a Escape Game mode created from the 1944 Mod and takes place in the Chernarus Arma 2 map. All credit goes to the original 1944 Mod and Escape Chernarus creators! Crunch Army All Star SHOULD gets all credit for the port. I simply came up with the idea.

Requirements:

-Invasion 1944 Mod HERE

-Community Base Addons HERE

Current bugs:

-1944's health system prevents you from completing the mission if you get killed before using the radio tower.

-The Escape's revive system is broken so you respawn with your Garand.

Licensing:

We are releasing this with 0 restrictions, rules or requests if you intend to modify, build, destroy or recreate the mission. If you do plan on fixing it or building up on it, please shoot me an Email HERE so we can have another go at it, and give you credit for the fix!

DOWNLOAD ESCAPE HITLER! ALPHA 1.0

>>> HERE <<<

Great idea, and looks great so far! One thing I noticed you may want to yank is NVG's. Really shouldn't be Night Vision Goggles in 1944 :)

Keep up the great work!

Not bad mission at all. :D

Good work RHINOCRUNCH! :yay:

One thing I've noticed, occasionally I'll spawn into the prison and there will be no guard in there with us. There's usually troops wandering around outside, but noone inside.

One thing I've noticed, occasionally I'll spawn into the prison and there will be no guard in there with us. There's usually troops wandering around outside, but noone inside.

I have the same problem like Meatball.

I like the idea (I44+Escape), but unfortunately u used instand respawn and no revive.

Edited by survivorluz

I have the same problem like Meatball.

I like the idea (I44+Escape), but unfortunately u used instand respawn and no revive.

Oh boy, I've been dreaming about I44 and Escape from Cherno for over a year now:

Anyone made a port of this for I44?

The idea of a bomber crew (up to 6? but only armed with pistols?) shot down over enemy lines seems pretty credible and close to the original...

But please release a revive version, without instant respawn!

And no zombies, pretty please with brains on top

Edited by domokun

Alright, so grabbed a few friends and played for a few hours, there's still a good deal that needs to be worked out, but we definitely had some fun. Here's all the bugs/strange things we ran into. Some of these were already mentioned, but I'm just putting everything down.

1) More often than not when we spawn in, there is no guard in with us. We probably restarted 8-10 times, and of that, maybe 2 times there was actually a guard in with us.

2) NVG's - Still in the game, should be removed.

3) Revive/Respawn - Needs some sort of actual revive script, maybe the same one built into the actual escape script. Right now you automatically respawn after 20 seconds in the same location. Additionally, you respawn with the soldiers default gear (Garand, Map, Compass, etc)

4) At one point an enemy helicopter spawned...a big old attack chopper. I don't recall those in WWII. :) Another time we saw an enemy transport chopper do a flyby and drop of paratroops. Never got close enough to see if they were germans :)

5) Be nice if foot soldiers has some sort of AT Assets (Bazooka's, Fausts, Schreks?) We found an empty Pz IV H at one of the Ammo depots and from that point on we were pretty much invincible (until the heli gunship showed up at least).

6) The Radio 'Hijack' doesn't seem to work. You find the radio track, you get the addaction to Hijack it, but nothing happens.

That's primarily what we found, but it's a lot of fun, and has the potential to be awesome.

Edited by Meatball

Ok kids, now plaintext has to be spoken.

This is the result when beginners who have no clue of nothing only copy and paste.

Just the fact to publish a so-called "Alpha" Version is been naughty.

Awesome is solely the original version!

To come to the point that this mission is awesome, the authors have spent much time to test on a dedicated server to complete this mission and to bring it to the level where it is today.

Did you asked the authors whether they accept that their mission is simply converted like this.

The respect to their work requires a demand!

And even to set your names at the beginning of the mission is outrageously.

Shame on you!