Sign in to follow this  
Victim9l3

CSAT SU-39 reTexture

With the lack of fixed wing aircraft I decided to brush off my retexturing skills. My first release is the SU-39 or 25, whatever the difference. It's not my favorite but it fits with what's out there right now. It was also a good oppurtunity to try the headache that is the hexagon camo pattern. Headache because a single hexagon put in the wrong place can throw off the pattern on the opposite side of the plane.

But I did it. I made the regular brown pattern, then while I was playing around with colors, I liked how the green looked in place of the middle brown color. So there is also a green camo in case any of you like it.

I'm also not a fan of every vehicle having the same paint, like the AAF. So i made a gray (or grey) one too.

I was going to detail it better and make it a little dirtier but the Arma 2 vehicles all have a really glossy shine. You can see in most pictures how glossy they look. So until I figure out how to remove the gloss, I'll just keep them how they are. I have asked how in threads before, but have gotten no answer.

Why I only made textures instead of the whole vehicle?

I'm sure that after a few weeks or months, we will have many addons created by users with the data packages bi released. So rather than me give you another SU-39 to add to all the others, I am giving you textures that you can apply to ANY mod. No compatability needed.

brown1a_zps344f34de.jpg

brown2_zps57678f54.jpg

gray1a_zps7d88f249.jpg

gray2a_zps85068bab.jpg

green1_zps511e320f.jpg

green2_zpsaf87ced4.jpg

In the main folder there is:

3 Bodies - with a gray underside

3 Bodies - with the original blue underside

3 Bodies - CSAT Flag on tail -gray underside

3 Bodies - CSAT Flag on tail -blue underside

3 Wings - gray under

3 Wings - blue under

The Optional Folder

3 bodies - dragon head on tail

3 bodies - dragon with swords

Gray body - dragon head and CSAT flag on tail

*Note: You will notice that there are more textures for bodies and only 2 wing textures for each color. That is becuase the wings don't change like the bodies. Like flags, etc. Just blue or grey underneath. So match the body to a wing with same under color.

To use them:

-Copy the .paa of the textures you want and put them in the mission folder.

-Put the code below into the init of the SU-39.

this setObjectTexture [0,"SU_39_BROWN_BODY.PAA"]; this setObjectTexture [1,"SU_39_BROWN_WINGS.PAA"];

-The body is the 0 texture and the wings are the 1 texture.

***************THE LINK***********

http://www.filefactory.com/file/grr9f14ra5z/SU-39SKINS.rar

-Also included is a .txt file that has the codes for init already typed out. It has every combination of textures. So all you need to do is copy the line you want.

********Anyone can use these. If you want to put it into your mod, go ahead. It would be nice to give me some credit for the work. If you want me to change or add something or request for a vehicle, let me know.

Thanks

Edited by Victim9l3
  • Like 1

They look great! You brought the plane to a new life! I have to say though, I don't mind the gloss too much, but whatever looks right to you will certainly be fine by me.

Looks great man. I'd name it as an Su-25 though. the 39 looks like an su-25ub with no rear seat.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

*** page has been added to the templates section. If you prefer a different section please PM me about it!

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

they look great. thank you for the addon. i also dig the gloss to be honest. very nice job on the camos. very nice colours.

Nice work ! But where I find the Aircraft to use this Skins ?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

its not a mod, this is skins for use with whatever mod uses the SU-25 (ie. All in Arma and possibly ASM once it comes out)

its not a mod, this is skins for use with whatever mod uses the SU-25 (ie. All in Arma and possibly ASM once it comes out)

Understand ! Thank You for Enlightenment .

Regards

(ST6)Predator

This is actually a smart idea to reducing the amount of different mods of the same model. Textures look great too. Well done m8. ;)