Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

what fps do you have in sp?

every thread i saw about this topic was about multiplayer FPS. im interest how the game run for you in SP.

Unless there's a benchmark for testing (I haven't checked) it's not easy to compare.

FPS is terrible... not even close to be able to enjoy the game. With default ULTRA (which also my autodetcts gives me) I see 30-35 FPS ingame....

FPS is terrible... not even close to be able to enjoy the game. With default ULTRA (which also my autodetcts gives me) I see 30-35 FPS ingame....

:annoy:

If it's stratis I can generally get 40+ FPS, no matter the settings, as long as there's not a bajillion AI running about.

Altis on the other hand, I struggle to maintain 40 FPS at 2.5 km view distance and medium/high settings.

And on MP it's even worse for Altis.

Altis on the other hand, I struggle to maintain 40 FPS at 2.5 km view distance and medium/high settings.

I think those expectations are a bit high. 1k view distance with medium settings is more reasonable. But I'm not even able to get above 20 FPS with Very Low settings and 800m view distance.

Err, even 2km view distance is pretty average-y. And I have pretty low specs.

What's your specs? I have an FX-8350 8core, 560 GTX, and 8GB 1600 mhz RAM.

62 fps average in that arma benchmark mission on altis, 1440p, max everything but object and terrain quality which are on high, 3k/1700/100 view distances, 2x MSAA, ultra fxaa, ultra anisotropic filtering, 20 bloom, blurry stuff off, ssao high

35fps in Arma3 mark Altis. 10-30fps during combat:( With the latest patch it seems similar to MP.

2500k@4Ghz,8GB ram,AMD 270x, SSD. Graphic settings have a minimal effect.

I get solid 60-80 FPS in mission editor, some of the showcase missions and most of the community created missions. Campaign is a different story though, sometimes runs fine, but some missions are crawling. Such as first mission of ACT2... Even if i open video settings, and look at what FPS it reports, it says 50-60, but it certainly does not feel of that. So game level designers at BIS are doing their best job at making missions as CPU heavy as possible :)

Multiplayer, of course, is totally unplayable. Got Core i7 920 with 16GB DDR3 and GTX670.

It's not FPS issue as the game feels somewhat smooth and I get some 60-70 FPS but I've noticed constant micro tearing somewhere in the background making the game somewhat sluggish

Even if i open video settings, and look at what FPS it reports, it says 50-60, but it certainly does not feel of that.
I've wondered about that....is the game actually rendering/running everything it just was before you opened the menu? If not, then it's a bit misleading- You want to know what the FPS is when running the game etc.

I'm getting 25-50 FPS in the campaign. Sometimes I have bad FPS even though there is no big battle going on. Very unpredictable ...

I've wondered about that....is the game actually rendering/running everything it just was before you opened the menu? If not, then it's a bit misleading- You want to know what the FPS is when running the game etc.

If you open the menu, only the rendering part goes on. CPU threads are stopped, at least I believe so. That's why Frames usually go up in the menu.

You can also measure this with tools like Fraps or MSI Afterburner.

every thread i saw about this topic was about multiplayer FPS. im interest how the game run for you in SP.

How long is a piece of string?

I notice performance is extremely poor in the single player campaign as well, the start of the second mission gets down to 25 fps for me. There are also moments when its all fine and 50fps or so but lots of moments when its unacceptably low, regardless of GPU settings. Same problem as in multi player, game just can't be played regardless of hardware.