Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CS - ArmA 3 Combat System

Looks fantastic but I really hope you collaborate with other mod makers who have already come up with excellent mods - such as XMedSys (which in my opinion supersedes ACE's med systems). Combining XMed, for example, with what you're working on would save you time, prevent you from re-inventing the wheel, and expand your development team.

Let the XMed team continue on their excellent work for you, while you continue work on other game-changing aspects.

Seems like the most logical, time-saving, and productive solution to me :)

XMed is okay to include into wastelands, in A3CS we going to be more advance where blood pressure or type of wounds will depend what should be done with the patient. Untrained medic will easily kill the patient ;)

How about, advance vehicle repair? Scroll action "repair" just suck, something like "check/analyze vehicle", then change wheel and then some engine parts etc. And could you list all features, what is your main focus and main features now, and what ll be add in the future?

You will be able to fix all parts of vehicle (Air vehicles only in repair point in HQ's), you will need those parts and stuff for mechanic class.

Edited by Alduric

With every response from you in this thread I get more hyped about this mod. All those things sound almost too good to be true. :)

how will fastrope work? hopefully a module :0

If mod maker will add to heli config sotmhing like this:

//this is only an example//

" Fast_rope = "1";

" Rope_pos ="X,Y,Z";

//this is only an example//

Then heli will be able to use fast roping. Player will have to hold the line item in inventory, and use it :)

All BI helis from A3 will be supported. All helis from my ASM mod will be supported also.

Edited by Alduric

Would fastroping work in single player also? Could the AI fly the player to the LZ and then the player fastrope out?

Nope, objectives of the project is to provide new MP ( Coop sesions ) experience.

How about pvp games? (I don t mean wasteland or battlefield style, but something more tatcital)

XMed is okay to include into wastelands, in A3CS we going to be more advance where blood pressure or type of wounds will depend what should be done with the patient. Untrained medic will easily kill the patient ;)

XMed is almost identical to the medical system used in ACE for Arma 2. Are you saying that is just "okay" for Wasteland too?

My main concern is that you only have 2 developers working on such a large project. That's why I was suggesting the idea of collaborating with other modders who have similar visions ;)

We prefer to work our way, XMed is great work but we want to make it by ourselves :) Anyway, its large project, but its already have 7 months of work for us now, we didnt say anything before because it is a big project and we were not sure if we can. Now we are sure, so its time to share some info with community. If you check a3cs website, its says " version 3.0 " v3.0 will be 1st public release with much new content, older version is already in use in my community so no worry dude :) We got this.

We prefer to work our way, XMed is great work but we want to make it by ourselves :) Anyway, its large project, but its already have 7 months of work for us now, we didnt say anything before because it is a big project and we were not sure if we can. Now we are sure, so its time to share some info with community. If you check a3cs website, its says " version 3.0 " v3.0 will be 1st public release with much new content, older version is already in use in my community so no worry dude :) We got this.

Looking forward to release Alduric. Keep up the hardwork. You've been doing a lot for the community lately. Can only be appreciative.

about the fast rope will be a good idea if you can do different lenghts for ropes, like 15m,20m or 30m. that you can put on the heli from the a dedicated ammo box.

Very excited about this mod.

For fastroping, it is important that the roles aren't treated as rigid poles which swing 100% with the aircraft. Using Zealot's fastrope script, you'll see that slight changes in the pitch or roll of the helicopter will dramatically change the point at which troops will land.

That should be avoided if at all possible! The rope should stay totally vertical regardless of pitch/roll of aircraft so troops always land directly under the aircraft. Not sure how practical that is with the limits of attachTo, but I'd consider that far more important than even having a visible rope (hence why I prefer BTC's fastrope to Zealot's, even though Zealot's looks great with open doors and visible ropes).

Alduric check your pm's :)

I reading my private msg's at night, too many of them per day sry mate :P for long no respond, anyway i dont looking for more testers, i have whole trusted community and its enough for all my mods ;D

offcourse i know tacbf but i doubt Przemro was refering to it ;)

I`m mission maker, and I have made few missions like bf rush mod, and sometimes you can find serwers where random mm, host this kind of missions. I wonder how A3CS will work in pvp game (I miss options to disarm enemy, and take him hostage, or to handcuff someone etc.)

I reading my private msg's at night, too many of them per day sry mate :P for long no respond, anyway i dont looking for more testers, i have whole trusted community and its enough for all my mods ;D

Rgr, got ya :D

Then heli will be able to use fast roping. Player will have to hold the line item in inventory, and use it :)

Shouldn't the helicopter itself hold the rope? When fastroping from a helicopter I wouldn't think that every soldier would use his own rope and then cut that off before the next fastropes. Instead they all use the same which then gets cut from the helicopter.

Some of this stuff really sounds like it was inspired by ACE. Seeing as we're presently lacking such a wide mod for ArmA III, this is absolutely welcome.

Consider me very interested, friend.

Shouldn't the helicopter itself hold the rope? When fastroping from a helicopter I wouldn't think that every soldier would use his own rope and then cut that off before the next fastropes. Instead they all use the same which then gets cut from the helicopter.

Team of soldiers will have to take 1 rope, after landing on ground, pilot will have to cut the rope.

I wouldn't think that every soldier would use his own rope

LoL ofc :D