Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CS - ArmA 3 Combat System

Hi there, as some of you probably know, I'm the author of one of the popular mods, ArmA 3 Map Pack. :) Today I'd like to shed some light on a project thanks to which me and my buddy Szwed have been spending sleepless nights over the last few months.

Many of you probably notice that some mechanics of ArmA 3 are lacking, so we've decided to meet your expectations and develop some of important elements of the gameplay that we consider lackluster.

Our mod, A3CS, will be developing basically every branch of the gameplay, that is: medical system, technical system, mortar handling and many many more.

Regarding the interface, it will be based on the "Flexi Menu" from the CBA, well-known from the ACE mod from ArmA 2.

The topic will be kept up to date with additional content that is yet to come. I'd like to recall that our mod is in the advanced phase of production, we've been working on it for quite a bit of time (few months) and we're sure that it will fill a certain niche in the ArmA 3 community.

We'll launch a subpage http://www.a3cs.arma3coop.pl/ within a few days, where you'll be able to send us your ideas or see the movies/screens from the tests.

Few screenshots of W.I.P. A3CS

- Totaly new engineer system - Click

- New medic system with unique items - Click

- New heli functions like Fast Rope - Click

- Another heli function like sand in the eyes (if you have no googles ) - Click

- Backblast system - Click

- Injured state (Part of new medical system) - Click

- Soldier will be able to do new actions! - Click

Additional Info

Main developer - SzwedzikPL

Assistant developer - Alduric

Wodzu - 3d artist

Our community webstie - Click

Project website - Click

Edited by Alduric

Looks promising!

Do you have a roughly ETA for the first public available playable version?

I will not make any promises, we would like to finish the job and run the closed test at the beginning of next month. But there is no official ETA at the moment.

That sounds really great, can't wait to see more of it.

And I like that you waited with the announcement until you have already done quite some work.

FAST ROPE!!!!!!!!!! alduric + Team..... your the best

but be careful, don't get toooo many projects open at once.

I think people really want this samples mod ;)

This looks great. This is defiantly something my unit might want to use. Looking forward to see more from this.

I will not make any promises, we would like to finish the job and run the closed test at the beginning of next month. But there is no official ETA at the moment.

Good luck with next month as a tentative deadline, we are producing a better version of the Combat Medical System from A2, and that portion alone, not mentioning the other stuff we're working on in the Combat Space Enhancement mod will take us a lot longer.

7GVWWwBl.jpg

Sounds realy good.

That´s what ArmA III needs

now wind and a wind meter and there is the new ace.

I'm looking forward

Edited by HG2012Trigger

Sounds realy good.

just something needs arma

now wind and a wind meter and there is the new ace.

I'm looking forward

Windmeter is great idea, THANKS!

but be careful, don't get toooo many projects open at once.

I think people really want this samples mod ;)

The project A3CS is there much longer than ASM, so no worries. I have a lot of free time.

Did you know that there is already a fast rope script out. the animations are not up to par with this but it does the job and using it in with ALive is a great combination.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23961

Alduric! good work man! hope you achieve some positive results through testing!

We had some great questions, i will answer for one of them now.

" What about vehicles and other stuff support from 3rd mods? "

There will be A3CS Api for modders, to add stuff like weapon jam, or fast rope system to their helis. A3CS will be user and mod friendly :) with release we will add full API documentation.

And small feature leak :)

http://s23.postimg.org/j9dznp5vf/okop.png (357 kB)

Edited by Alduric

There will be A3CS Api for modders, to add stuff like weapon jam, or fast rope system to their helis. A3CS will be user and mod friendly :) with release we will add full API documentation.

And small feature leak :)

http://s23.postimg.org/j9dznp5vf/okop.png (357 kB)

THIS +1! *Subscribed*

Looks fantastic but I really hope you collaborate with other mod makers who have already come up with excellent mods - such as XMedSys (which in my opinion supersedes ACE's med systems). Combining XMed, for example, with what you're working on would save you time, prevent you from re-inventing the wheel, and expand your development team.

Let the XMed team continue on their excellent work for you, while you continue work on other game-changing aspects.

Seems like the most logical, time-saving, and productive solution to me :)

How about, advance vehicle repair? Scroll action "repair" just suck, something like "check/analyze vehicle", then change wheel and then some engine parts etc. And could you list all features, what is your main focus and main features now, and what ll be add in the future?