toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

I think Toadie flipped the normals on the M60, most likely by accident.

Guest HellGhost

CameronMcDonald,

Damn, I really need to reinstall Rainbow Six.

That's right, Santiago has a complete different skin.

And, oh my god, I can't recognize a virtual man in a little image, that's really a shame ! (ironic)

That's just an error, stop saying this like it's a global catastrophe.

ColonelHartigan,

You're right to mention it, I never see any practical use of M60, so I'll never really check this.

That's a weird issue, and I don't think that anyone has already report it.

I'm having a problem using the MP5 pack. For whatever reason it loads the addon, renders them in-game, and has the proper reloading animations, but the weapons simply won't fire. Has anybody else had a similar problem or know how to fix it?

And, oh my god, I can't recognize a virtual man in a little image, that's really a shame !

No worries, mate. Probably brush up on your national flags while you're reinstalling the game.

12.jpg

latest?cb=20130210190129

Guest HellGhost

CameronMcDonald,

No need, I don't use this tactical game for lessons, just for the pleasure to use a real Rainbow Six before the console generation destroy the serie...

Like Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon, destroyed by the need to give easier gameplay and completely break the needs to think before action for the limited console players.

At this time, I just think about ArmA III, that should be really great to see more specialized DLC like Helicopters and Marksmen.

Like Naval Warfare, a DLC containing many ships and submarines to permit naval combats.

Or Special Ops, a DLC with units having the ability to make CQC, like the MOCAP mod, and of course, a complete redone stealth approach, so permit to come close to hostiles in the back without being detected.

Many DLC that really enhanced the possibilities in ArmA III.

There is many possibilities for ArmA III that can remembering theses good games with licences destroyed by the console generation.

DoubleBlind,

I don't have any similar issue with the MP5 pack.

Models finished, I can fire, and ammunitions works.

The two littles issues I have is that the MP5-SD6 is absolutely not suppressed even with Subsonic ammunitions and the integrated suppressor, and of course, the Subsonic ammunitions.

I really hate them, just good to go to the trash.

Using them at medium range reminds me the videos I see from those who used a cracked version of ArmA II with the chaotic bullet dispersion and crying it was a bug.

But nothing else to report about MP5.

Just check in your side.

Some days ago, I fix a problem that completely messed up the Arsenal (hiding some weapons, accessories and ammunition types) just because I use an older version of ASDG Joint Muzzle with the newest ASDG Joint Rail and like Joint Muzzle is integrated in Joint Rail and I still have the old file, it get the mess.

JinougaF give me a little trail to follow, and after testing with mods that have a similar link (ASDG Joint Muzzles and muzzles problems) I find the solution.

Follow the trail !

CameronMcDonald,

Damn, I really need to reinstall Rainbow Six.

That's right, Santiago has a complete different skin.

And, oh my god, I can't recognize a virtual man in a little image, that's really a shame ! (ironic)

That's just an error, stop saying this like it's a global catastrophe.

ColonelHartigan,

You're right to mention it, I never see any practical use of M60, so I'll never really check this.

That's a weird issue, and I don't think that anyone has already report it.

Oh,I just realised what you were talking about(I think).But just have used a MP5A4 with suppressor in a mission of my COOP unit with my mates and I remembered with a suppressor and Subsonic bullets from HLC pack,the weapon was truly silence in that mission,all my mate were also MP5A4s with suppressors and Subsonic bullets and I can't hear them fire in distance(And I confirm that's not a BUG of the game sound,can hear them fire in a close range,only gun fire sound,no bullets flying sound).

And about my Avatar,yeah that's the only Australian guy in Rainbow six 3(If i'm not wrong),not the Spanish,'cause the first time I play that game was in Australia:).I just want the face of that man and I hided some parts ot the flag in background to make the face in the middle of my Avatar,thought that would be the reason why you not realised that's an Australian,lol(some of my mates also make same mistakes,and some thought that's a UK flag.:D)

Edited by JinougaF

I'm having a problem using the MP5 pack. For whatever reason it loads the addon, renders them in-game, and has the proper reloading animations, but the weapons simply won't fire. Has anybody else had a similar problem or know how to fix it?
@DoubleBlind,

I once had this issue when my HLC Core was out of date.

Yeah this is a known thing if you've downloaded eithe HLC Core or the MP5s off of Steam Workshop. This has been the 4th month consecutive I've tried to push updates on there and had them not go through at all, so I'm not going to be using it from this point on. I'd remove my stuff from there too, but quite frankly I fear the backlash I'll get from it.

So yes, at this point, your two best bets for staying up to date with my mods are to get them of PWS or Armaholic.

Hi Toadie et al. I come here for two familiar reasons; first to thank you, for the extreme effort you've put into all of your releases. By far these are the highest quality weapons I've seen in Real Virtuality, period. I anticipate your future releases, and I appreciate that you are giving time to relatively unpopular weapons I personally love like the HK21.

Secondly, to complain. I am reporting here two issues with the M60, firstly, the aforementioned problem with the quick change handle seeping through the handguard, and secondly, an issue that it seems hasn't been mentioned yet (sorry if it has), which I can best describe with this image:

http://i.imgur.com/tG672HS.jpg (182 kB)

As you can see the entire front half becomes invisible when made foreground to water. Only applies to the portion actually "submerged," as you can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/f3F3ccW.jpg (150 kB)

Thank you.

Edit: Just had a look and realized this bug also occurs with certain editor placed objects such as the Zamak at close distances, making the original 60 almost unusable.

Yep, it's a known issue. Won;t bore you with the technicalities of it, but there's some special shader flags I was trying out that BI use that gets rid of the whole "blue outline" thing in transparent textures, turns out it's not perfect. I rolled back some of that in the latest M60 patch, but there are unfortunately some bits of the gun that will go invisible still over water. I'd rather this than the alternative.

I don't have any similar issue with the MP5 pack.

Models finished, I can fire, and ammunitions works.

The two littles issues I have is that the MP5-SD6 is absolutely not suppressed even with Subsonic ammunitions and the integrated suppressor, and of course, the Subsonic ammunitions.

I really hate them, just good to go to the trash.

Using them at medium range reminds me the videos I see from those who used a cracked version of ArmA II with the chaotic bullet dispersion and crying it was a bug.

But nothing else to report about MP5.

Just check in your side.

Some days ago, I fix a problem that completely messed up the Arsenal (hiding some weapons, accessories and ammunition types) just because I use an older version of ASDG Joint Muzzle with the newest ASDG Joint Rail and like Joint Muzzle is integrated in Joint Rail and I still have the old file, it get the mess.

JinougaF give me a little trail to follow, and after testing with mods that have a similar link (ASDG Joint Muzzles and muzzles problems) I find the solution.

Follow the trail !

Oh,I just realised what you were talking about(I think).But just have used a MP5A4 with suppressor in a mission of my COOP unit with my mates and I remembered with a suppressor and Subsonic bullets from HLC pack,the weapon was truly silence in that mission,all my mate were also MP5A4s with suppressors and Subsonic bullets and I can't hear them fire in distance(And I confirm that's not a BUG of the game sound,can hear them fire in a close range,only gun fire sound,no bullets flying sound).

.. Goddamn, you are 100% correct both of you. THANKYOU for finding that. It'll be patched out in the next MP5 update (which'll be in the next... fortnight-ish or so, along with the Minimi/M249s I'm working on coming out).

Speaking of, The mid-res is almost done. Feeding pawls and the rest of the feed linkage was a nightmare to get through due to the entire thing running on wizardry and bullshit.

Images

Pieces Left- Ammo Boxes, 'Standard" Gas Block, Full Length Barrel, Mk.46 Fluted Barrel , Heatshield, Mk.46 Top Rail, A2 Birdcage brake, Original model FN muzzle brake, Trigger, Bullets and Links, E2 Solid Stock, Para stock, "Finalised" PIP Stock(lighter-looking). Optional stuff I MIGHT do- prototype Rear and front sights (FAL-based), Original Tubular Stock.

Honestly, not that much, darn close to baking the bad boy and starting on the texture. Then it's just... animation and configuring in game.

Speaking of, The mid-res is almost done. Feeding pawls and the rest of the feed linkage was a nightmare to get through due to the entire thing running on wizardry and bullshit.

Images

Pieces Left- Ammo Boxes, 'Standard" Gas Block, Full Length Barrel, Mk.46 Fluted Barrel , Heatshield, Mk.46 Top Rail, A2 Birdcage brake, Original model FN muzzle brake, Trigger, Bullets and Links, E2 Solid Stock, Para stock, "Finalised" PIP Stock(lighter-looking). Optional stuff I MIGHT do- prototype Rear and front sights (FAL-based), Original Tubular Stock.

Honestly, not that much, darn close to baking the bad boy and starting on the texture. Then it's just... animation and configuring in game.

Woohoo, been missing a decent SAW in game. I like the sounds of the RHS one but the A2 model/texture is an eye sore. Mk46 and 48 in STI pack are decent but suffer the same issues. Looking forward to it.

Images

Can't explain how much I am waiting for this mod, since I saw this guns in your list. Can't wait to get my hands on a Mk46/48 made by you.

I hope that doesn't sound demanding or so, but do you have plans what you will work on when the Minimi-pack is finished? What will be the next gun-pack? Realy hope it will be the SCAR's, G36's or WW2 guns. But whatever it will be, I guess I will realy enjoy it.

Edited by Marduk1813

Guest HellGhost

JinougaF,

That's it, I don't play RS since a long time, and I can't remember exactly who is this specific agent.

I always use Santiago and Chavez for Assault, and like Hanley really look like him, especially after all this time, I just don't make the difference haha !

The fact that Subsonic bullets are really silenced is great.

The fact that they hit much too high after close range is bad.

And yes, no issue in models or textures for the suppressors.

I just ensure to use suppressed MP5 at close range only.

toadie2k ,

No problem !

That's a great thing to help you finding and correcting little issues.

And like your mod is clearly above many others in terms of quality, and that we can speak here without being attacked bacause we say our point of view (unlike in the EricJ weapons mod threads) that's always a pleasure to help !

The mod is already really stable like it.

I just wondering if you think about making more HLC Weapons mod, like the P90, the G36, and many others.

And like your mod is clearly above many others in terms of quality, and that we can speak here without being attacked bacause we say our point of view (unlike in the EricJ weapons mod threads) that's always a pleasure to help.

Well that's a bit immature, don't you think?

But that is niether here nor there. Love the way the machine guns are looking, Toadie!

Guest HellGhost

themightykovacs,

If you considering that having an opinion is a bit immature, that's not my problem, it's completely your own one.

But in some countries like Russia and North Korea, they certainly agreed with you.

There is no shame or immaturity to say to a modder that we think his work is actually one of the better in some we already own.

That probably encourage him to continue and show him that his work is appreciated.

And that's the case.

And if you want some immaturity, go to see the EricJ Weapons Mod thread, you can't give your opinion without being attacked by one or multiple frustrated members.

But after that, you can think what you want, that's really not my problem.

toadie2k,

Do you think it's possible to get your magazines compatibles with some others weapons mods ?

That should be really great to being able to use stable ammunitions with some weapons that don't own them, like BI weapons for example.

If nothing else it's super easy to do on your own, small example that should work (altho untested);

Create a config.cpp and bake to a pbo.

class CfgPatches
{
class superduper_hlc_ammo_compatibility
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F","A3_Weapons_F_Items","A3_Weapons_F_Acc"};
};
};

class CfgWeapons
{
class Rifle;
class Rifle_Base_F: Rifle {};
class <your_weapon_class_name_here>: Rifle_Base_F
{
	magazines[] = {"30rnd_556_magazine","hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR","hlc_50rnd_556x45_EPR","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow","hlc_30rnd_556x45_S"};
};
};

This should enable all vanilla and HLC-5.56 mags for the selected weapon. Not sure what happens if you do this on a non-5.56 weapon tho, I'm way to much of a gun-nut to even try ingame ;D

Lovely Minimi WIPs Toadie, it really is about time to have something better in that department that the Arma1 SAW and it' s edits.:cool:

Guest HellGhost

bamse,

Thanks for the info and the example !

So, for each weapons I want to adapt, I just need this format, and of course, respect the caliber, and need the magazines class.

I'll try this !

I want to see if I can have correctly suppressed BI weapons with ammunitions from other mods.

I supposed that's way similar for accessories ?

EDIT : That works very well, now I can use the F2000 with the EPR mags and have suppressed shots. Now, I'll start to see how I can add more accessories like the suppressors from other mods.

Like I never do a config.cpp for weapons, how can I add more weapons classname ?

Do I need to add the lines :

class <your_weapon_class_name_here>: Rifle_Base_F 
   { 
       magazines[] = {"30rnd_556_magazine","hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR","hlc_50rnd_556x45_EPR","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow","hlc_30rnd_556x45_S"}; 
   };

For each class or is it another way ?

Edited by HellGhost

Guest HellGhost

The Marksmen DLC are not available actually.

And I actually search how to do the same thing with optics and muzzle extensions than the magazines.

I try to enable the Yorris J2 optic on the ACP-C2 .45.

But I don't get any result until then.

Edited by HellGhost

I try to enable the Yorris J2 optic on the ACP-C2 .45.

But I don't get any result until then.

As far as I'm aware, the ACP does not have an optic proxy, as such even if you were to code it to use the Yorris, it wouldn't show up ingame...

yeah, +1 on Jackal326.

Haven't found a proxy for it either so no way to do that without getting the unbinarized model and adding one (aka, no way josé).

But, we're getting way off-topic here ... :)

themightykovacs,

If you considering that having an opinion is a bit immature, that's not my problem, it's completely your own one.

But in some countries like Russia and North Korea, they certainly agreed with you.

There is no shame or immaturity to say to a modder that we think his work is actually one of the better in some we already own.

That probably encourage him to continue and show him that his work is appreciated.

And that's the case.

And if you want some immaturity, go to see the EricJ Weapons Mod thread, you can't give your opinion without being attacked by one or multiple frustrated members.

But after that, you can think what you want, that's really not my problem.

toadie2k,

Do you think it's possible to get your magazines compatibles with some others weapons mods ?

That should be really great to being able to use stable ammunitions with some weapons that don't own them, like BI weapons for example.

Having an opinion: not immature at all. Saying it outloud out of context of the thread: just a bit immature. Like I said, not looking for a fight; quite the opposite. But I digress, not going to say more on the topic.

Guest HellGhost

themightykovacs,

No outloud out of context in this thread.

I speak about this mod compared to another one.

You think what you think you understand, and I know what I said.

toadie2k,

When you have some time, I'd like to ask you a question via PM.

I speak about this mod compared to another one.

You are exceedingly rude. Far from being constructive 'critique' like yours ("make better models", "your mod is not as good as that other mod") serves no purpose other than to encourage modders to just not bother anymore. Thankfully, based on the way you rack up infractions, I doubt we'll have to read anything you have to say for much longer.

Guest HellGhost

Defunkt,

I don't have any justifications to give to you.

If you aren't able to understand what you read, that's not my problem.

toadie2k here make a good job, and he is sensible to each informations and possible ideas that members can give to him.

And he nerver insult anybody for that, and members here never attacked anybody because they just give their feedback in the mod.

Except you.

The member who attacked me without any reasons received an infraction.

So, it's clearly the proof that he attacked me and I just defending myself, I just recognize that my answer was too excessive, and this infraction against me is justified.

I'll never do the same error again.

I really doubt that I'll be banned, but I just report your threat.

You acting like many others here, attacking members for what they said because it's a different mind of yours ?

That's your problem.

So, I'll just ignore you and all those acting like you since now.

Sorry toadie2k for this, I'll never answering anymore to those people, and sorry to all respectable members for this out of topic.

toadie2k, I'll send you a PM, when you have a little time, and if you want, maybe you can help me.

I think I need your lights and your knowledges.

bamse, you're right, getting out of topic, I'll make some researches.

Thanks again for the code lines, that's a great help.

End of the out of topic for me.

Edited by HellGhost