toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Toadie even explained this in his burlb about the new addon guys..

Aussie Digger is probably basing his assertion based on the F88x series, courtesy of the single shot lockout stud in the trigger, which makes automatic fire impossible.

But yeah, these non-Australian Steyrs are correct as they are.

You will stutter shot your first few attempts to semi-auto on this mode, but I am reliably informed this is true to the real thing and it's a matter practise.

Heh, very true. Always funny when it happens on the range/WTSS and blows the firer's groups out.

yes, there is a single shot lockout but if you're still using it to fire semi-auto once you've left Kapooka, you don't deserve to carry a rifle.

yes, there is a single shot lockout but if you're still using it to fire semi-auto once you've left Kapooka, you don't deserve to carry a rifle.

...or CSS is your primary business.

Just a reminder. An old issue but penetration is still broke for most of the AK's and probably some other weapons. I noticed 7.62 barely pierces any wooden objects. Doesn't pierce any of the thin metal sheds ingame, any houses or any targets. I've only tested with 7.62. I'm sure it's just as bad with 5.56 and 5.45. I'm not sure how difficult it is to change the penetration values, it's not that big of a deal but it does get kind of annoying how I can't blast somebody behind a thin wall.

So has anyone played with retexturing the Aug's yet? Would gladly check it for my self but you how real life gets in the way some times :-)

Just a reminder. An old issue but penetration is still broke for most of the AK's and probably some other weapons. I noticed 7.62 barely pierces any wooden objects. Doesn't pierce any of the thin metal sheds ingame, any houses or any targets. I've only tested with 7.62. I'm sure it's just as bad with 5.56 and 5.45. I'm not sure how difficult it is to change the penetration values, it's not that big of a deal but it does get kind of annoying how I can't blast somebody behind a thin wall.

If you are referring to 7.62x39mm Soviet then I have not put my ballistics code out there for Toadie2k to use yet, if you are referring to the new 7.62x51mm NATO and 5.56x45mm NATO, if he implemented my ballistics which I believe he did then the penetration is correct. The most difficult thing I have to deal with in ArmA is the RVMAT's which dictate what a surface is comprised of and how dense it is.

Just wondering, do we still need the JSRS soundfix pbos ?

Just wondering, do we still need the JSRS soundfix pbos ?

What is this fix? The reason I ask is because I was just about to post and inquire if HLC AR15s will be made compatible with JSRS 3 so that you hear the echo and improve sounds from the weapons.

Thanks so much for the M203 version btw.

If you are referring to 7.62x39mm Soviet then I have not put my ballistics code out there for Toadie2k to use yet, if you are referring to the new 7.62x51mm NATO and 5.56x45mm NATO, if he implemented my ballistics which I believe he did then the penetration is correct. The most difficult thing I have to deal with in ArmA is the RVMAT's which dictate what a surface is comprised of and how dense it is.

7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are the types I tested so far. Only using the AK pack atm.

Hey found a couple bugs with the aug a3's. First they have no reload animation. bullet counter resets but no animation to speak of. The second is the UBGL sight is messed up.

0891ECC43D725E7B1C246F03D8E5F3C97D205EF9

Great addition to your weapons pack man. Keep up the great work.

Hey found a couple bugs with the aug a3's. First they have no reload animation. bullet counter resets but no animation to speak of.

Both bugs suggest that your HLC Core isn't the newest one. Update that and you should be fine.

Both bugs suggest that your HLC Core isn't the newest one. Update that and you should be fine.

Guess I gotta wait for play with six to update then :-)

Edit: So i have hlc core 0.86 installed with play with six. Download from armaholics is also at 0.86. However, that fixed the reload but the sight problem is still there.

Edited by gobi42

I can confirm gobi42's problem regarding missing GL sights with HLC Core downloaded from the initial link provided by Toadie a few pages back.

Any plans to update RHS-HLC compatibility addon for both new RHS and HLC versions? Thanks.

Useless class reference in the G3 pack:

class CfgMagazines {
   class hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_fal;

It's causing RPT warnings about class inheritances being redefined because the addon where that class originates is not listed in requiredaddons.

Same problem in HLC core:

class hlc_20rnd_762x51_b_fal;
   class hlc_20rnd_762x51_t_fal;
   class hlc_20rnd_762x51_s_fal;

Here there's no way to put the FAL cfgpatches class name in requiredaddons because it would create circular dependency. So those SCAR mag classes may need to be adjusted.

Relevant RPT spam:

21:20:03 Updating base class ->30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, by hlc_WP_FAL\config.bin/CfgMagazines/hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_fal/
21:20:03 Updating base class ->hlc_20rnd_762x51_b_fal, by hlc_WP_FAL\config.bin/CfgMagazines/hlc_20Rnd_762x51_T_fal/
21:20:03 Updating base class ->hlc_20rnd_762x51_b_fal, by hlc_WP_FAL\config.bin/CfgMagazines/hlc_20Rnd_762x51_S_fal/

Don't beat yourself up too hard over this though :D

Edited by Robalo

Toadie you said that you will add HK33 to G3`s pack,where is it? P.S I found a placeholder as clip for Carcano rifle.

class CfgMagazines {

It's causing RPT warnings about class inheritances being redefined because the addon where that class originates is not listed in requiredaddons.

Here there's no way to put the FAL cfgpatches class name in requiredaddons because it would create circular dependency. So those SCAR mag classes may need to be adjusted.

Relevant RPT spam:

21:20:03 Updating base class ->30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, by hlc_WP_FAL\config.bin/CfgMagazines/hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_fal/
21:20:03 Updating base class ->hlc_20rnd_762x51_b_fal, by hlc_WP_FAL\config.bin/CfgMagazines/hlc_20Rnd_762x51_T_fal/
21:20:03 Updating base class ->hlc_20rnd_762x51_b_fal, by hlc_WP_FAL\config.bin/CfgMagazines/hlc_20Rnd_762x51_S_fal/

I can confirm this issue in Virtual Arsenal, some weapons in that pack can not use magazines due to invalid configuration.

I'd like to report a bug for the AUG Pack you've recently released. This happens when I give a unit a AUG 9mm, when I load the mission i get the popup: Cannot open object hlp_wp_aug\mesh\auga1\reticle_a1.p3d

Just thought I'd like to help out! Thank you for providing us with such great content for Arma 3!

Guest HellGhost

Hi Toadie.

First of all, thanks you for your great work.

I largely prefer it to other mods like CUP or NATO SF and Russian Weapons because your mod is the better quality.

I use your mod since the beginning, and I must say that I notice a little problem while selecting the AR15 in the Virtual Arsenal.

This error message say that "cannot load default texture.paa".

I have all the weapons pack, and the HLC Core updated.

Maybe it can coming from my side, because visibly, nobody else report this problem.

How do you think about this ?

Thanks a lot, and I hope that you released many others pack like this.

And maybe a pack similar to CUP but with the quality of your own pack.

This is, for me, THE point that make me choose your pack instead of those who set portage from previous ArmA games.

Thanks !

Edited by HellGhost

class CfgMagazines {

Relevant RPT spam:

Easy solution for the circular dependancy- SCAR mags aren't in use, so I commented out. Don't think it's worth putting out even a hotfix for it (one line comment), and given they're redundant I removed the reference in the G3 config, so next update none of these should be a problem.

Hi Toadie.

Thanks for your mods its the best.

I have create multiplayer mission with @hlcmods

I have take AK mods, FAL mods, AR15 mods and M14 mods.

Its great jobs, and my multiplayer mission is finish.

But when i want go in my server i have error with mods=>

hlcweapons_ar15
2015/01/17, 11:36:54 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
hlcweapons_core
2015/01/17, 11:36:54 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
hlcweapons_core
11:36:54 You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
hlcweapons_ar15
11:36:55 Mission testpts

Have you this problèm in server?