toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Possible bugreport: The reloading animaton for RPK12 seems to be a bit misaligned. The hand is not reaching the bolt.

@Armchairgeneral - Old Joint Rails?

And yeah, I second the question about AK12 + GP25. Pretty please :*

+1

Also question, for new RPK-12 there are only 45rnd mags? if yes then could you add bigger like 75rnd or maybe even bigger (not sure if there are) 100rnd?

+1 (3?)

I'd also be very interested in a version with a grenade launcher or a bigger magazine. However, isn't Ak-12 supposed to be mountable with the newer GP-34 as well? :)

tumblr_met9szbdkO1ry0q3wo1_500.jpg

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Any chance we'll see the BCM Jack Carbine to be updated to use the B5 Systems SOPMOD stock it is actually equipped with IRL? If not, keep on trucking... You definitely produce the highest quality weapon mods for Arma 3 at the moment. Great work!

Possible bugreport: The reloading animaton for RPK12 seems to be a bit misaligned. The hand is not reaching the bolt.

+1 (3?)

I'd also be very interested in a version with a grenade launcher or a bigger magazine. However, isn't Ak-12 supposed to be mountable with the newer GP-34 as well? :)

http://38.media.tumblr.com/b006b457b761f8538314d36bbc8cbc87/tumblr_met9szbdkO1ry0q3wo1_500.jpg

GP for AK12, yeah.

Drum Magazine... well, we'll see.

Any chance we'll see the BCM Jack Carbine to be updated to use the B5 Systems SOPMOD stock it is actually equipped with IRL? If not, keep on trucking... You definitely produce the highest quality weapon mods for Arma 3 at the moment. Great work!

Yes.

Is the steyr aug a2 commando included ?

That's the uber-short barrel, yeah?

It's doable, considering it's the same profile as the 9mm SMG barrel. At the very least, Carbine,Standard and HBAR lengths will be available on bot the A1 and A2 AUGs.

Speaking of, Merry Christmas

Sidenote- Finding good res references of the HBAR kit was NOT easy. Thing is rare as hens teeth apparently.

Edited by toadie2k

Drum mag would def be awesome! myself im not a big fan of using the 50 round mags with the models that has 30 rounds.so having the drum mag would be awesome, or even the Casket mag the AK-12 has similar to the MX LSW. I have a question/s for ya Toadie do you plan on or thought bought doing a AN-94? With fuctioning two round burst? could i throw out there the idea of a AR-15 Platform being belt fed? i love belt fed weapons when there compact not sure if that would be something you wanna add to your AR15 pack or add it to a LMG pack. these 23 seconds is why i would love one in Arma 3

Latest version release note says added RPK-12 and AKSU.

I cant find them ingame,am i missing someting?

Latest version release note says added RPK-12 and AKSU.

I cant find them ingame,am i missing someting?

You mean the AK12 version? They are all there for me. Just look for the Izmash RPK12 and Izmash AK12U.

You mean the AK12 version? They are all there for me. Just look for the Izmash RPK12 and Izmash AK12U.

Well iv Downloaded from armaholic.Twice.

Nothing comes up in vertual arsenal or AK hlc ammo box:confused:

Well iv Downloaded from armaholic.Twice.

Nothing comes up in vertual arsenal or AK hlc ammo box:confused:

He didn't update the ammo boxes so you have to enter the class names using an "this addweapon"

Had it show up once, then vanish when I went back to pick it again

--edit--

I think the problem is that Launcher updates via Workshop - the files that it syncs aren't the latest. I manually updated the workshop-created folders with the latest and everything is in place

Edited by RabidStoat

Hi Toadie.

First of I'd like to share my deepest gratitude of this great work you are doing with these weapons packs of yours. Your packs combined with SMA are one of the bests I have come to know, so thank you very much good ser. Keep up the good work!

The real reason (in fact the reason why I even registered to the forums in the first place) concerns your AR-15 pack. In the latest update notes it is said that AGM bipod support has been added. So the benefits of bipod functionality are now in place, but the update doesn't make the actual bipods (for example RRA LAR15) working (i.e. folding and unfolding), am I right? If I'm right, what kind of job it would be to implement the folding/unfolding? Even though this is by no means a mandatory feature, it would add quite nice immersive effect.

If I happen to be wrong and bipods are working, should they work without additional configuring?

Apologizes if this has already been asked & answered, I tried to look couple of dozen page backwards but didn't find any reference.

Cheers,

Ripppe

Your RHS compatibility patch really makes the RHS weapons a lot more enjoyable to use! But I wonder why you did not also switch the animation for reloading the grenade launcher of the AK? Your animation is a lot better than the vanilla one:p

I also found that the patch did not make the RHS grenades for the grenade launcher compatible to your weapons. The RHS got a wide variety of grenades for the GL, it would be fun to use those with your weapons;)

But anyway, your weapon pack is simply awesome, really makes my Arma 3 gameplay a lot more enjoyable:o

Your RHS compatibility patch really makes the RHS weapons a lot more enjoyable to use! But I wonder why you did not also switch the animation for reloading the grenade launcher of the AK? Your animation is a lot better than the vanilla one:p

Some of the RHS weapons (M16/M4 and the AK-74 I think) are getting the Toadie treatment (new animations, including the GL one) in the next update so I'd just wait until then.

Hi Toadie's.

Thanks for the AN-PVS4 4x Night Optic on the G3's pack.

And please could we have a alternate sight for close quarter aiming for the G3's, FAL's when using the AN-PVS4 4x Night Optic, a front regular view on first person sight, the iron sights but on top of the scope.

The iron sights on G3's when using the Accupoint TR20 or the Zeiss Diavari scopes is good. (please, the circular iron where we look through could be a little bit smaller and the hole a bit bigger, but that is just for gaming purposes).

And please can we have iron sights when using the the SUIT scope.

And a iron sights on top of the scope when using the AN-PVS4 scope.

The iron sights in the AK's pack, some of those new ak's are aligned and looking right in to the spot, but other ones are not aligned and are bending to the side and the view is blocked by the back side of the gun.

And please can we have an iron sights but on the top of the scope and using the nv scopes as well?

Thanks.

Hi Toadie.

First of I'd like to share my deepest gratitude of this great work you are doing with these weapons packs of yours. Your packs combined with SMA are one of the bests I have come to know, so thank you very much good ser. Keep up the good work!

The real reason (in fact the reason why I even registered to the forums in the first place) concerns your AR-15 pack. In the latest update notes it is said that AGM bipod support has been added. So the benefits of bipod functionality are now in place, but the update doesn't make the actual bipods (for example RRA LAR15) working (i.e. folding and unfolding), am I right? If I'm right, what kind of job it would be to implement the folding/unfolding? Even though this is by no means a mandatory feature, it would add quite nice immersive effect.

If I happen to be wrong and bipods are working, should they work without additional configuring?

Apologizes if this has already been asked & answered, I tried to look couple of dozen page backwards but didn't find any reference.

Cheers,

Ripppe

To make the bipod visibly flip down/up, it's possible and entirely, but with select fire weapons it's not worth the complexity. Due to the way Arma handles animation, the only feasible way to animate sort of thing at the moment is to map it to different modes, which basicly means doubling firemodes just to have the functionality. f the situation changes, and I can do it some other waythat makes more sense, I'd be all for it.

Had it show up once, then vanish when I went back to pick it again

--edit--

I think the problem is that Launcher updates via Workshop - the files that it syncs aren't the latest. I manually updated the workshop-created folders with the latest and everything is in place

Yeah, this wouldn't be the first time I've heard something about workshop syncing. TBH, there's nothing I can do about it short of blasting the existing copies off Workshop entirely and starting again, which is frustrating to no end.

I also found that the patch did not make the RHS grenades for the grenade launcher compatible to your weapons. The RHS got a wide variety of grenades for the GL, it would be fun to use those with your weapons;)

But anyway, your weapon pack is simply awesome, really makes my Arma 3 gameplay a lot more enjoyable:o

yeah, asJona33 said, I'm working with RHS on their animations directly, so by and large by next release the animations in that patch will be outdated by content officially in RHS. I'd just bare with it until then TBH, unlike the durn MX/ABR reload animations, the GP ain't as much of a deal-breaker to me.

Hi Toadie's.

Thanks for the AN-PVS4 4x Night Optic on the G3's pack.

And please could we have a alternate sight for close quarter aiming for the G3's, FAL's when using the AN-PVS4 4x Night Optic, a front regular view on first person sight, the iron sights but on top of the scope.

The iron sights on G3's when using the Accupoint TR20 or the Zeiss Diavari scopes is good. (please, the circular iron where we look through could be a little bit smaller and the hole a bit bigger, but that is just for gaming purposes).

And please can we have iron sights when using the the SUIT scope.

And a iron sights on top of the scope when using the AN-PVS4 scope.

The iron sights in the AK's pack, some of those new ak's are aligned and looking right in to the spot, but other ones are not aligned and are bending to the side and the view is blocked by the back side of the gun.

And please can we have an iron sights but on the top of the scope and using the nv scopes as well?

Thanks.

Regarding Close-quarters aiming on the PVS4- The thing is the PVS4 was never meant to be used in that way it's fixed-power fixed-purpose scope, for engaging targets at moderate distance in otherwise darkness. Basically when using it, it's using the optic or nothing. I'll have a look into providing some equivelant to the day/night adapter, as that probably is closest you are going to get out of this old NV tub. The same can be said of the SUIT- the real world SUIT nor the FAL "T-piece" it's mounted to have any accommodations for use of the rifles sights or other backup aiming methods, so you're just going to have to make do there.

With the new AKs (I'm assuming you're using the RHS patch, and you're talking about the scopes that that brings to the HLC AKs), the RHS and HLC AKs have slightly different mounting offsets, so using for example, the RHS PSO1M2 the points where the camera expects the sights are off. That being said, it's really low on my priority list to fix - it's a secondary side effect of using two things that in actuality weren't designed to work together (that I'm smashing together like two bits of clay to make work with the patch), if it gets done it gets done, if it doesn't, don't be surprised.

So I might be a little late for the Christmas-New Year refectory period release, but it's only because I'm flat out until the weekend with holiday related festivities.Best guess, next week is golden time.

meanwhile-

King of Bullpups, do you have enough AUGs?

Regarding Close-quarters aiming on the PVS4- The thing is the PVS4 was never meant to be used in that way it's fixed-power fixed-purpose scope, for engaging targets at moderate distance in otherwise darkness. Basically when using it, it's using the optic or nothing. I'll have a look into providing some equivelant to the day/night adapter, as that probably is closest you are going to get out of this old NV tub. The same can be said of the SUIT- the real world SUIT nor the FAL "T-piece" it's mounted to have any accommodations for use of the rifles sights or other backup aiming methods, so you're just going to have to make do there.

For the sake of an extra memory point and a few config lines I personally think it would be well worth adding a backup sight position for any magnifying optic without irons which just sights along the top of the optic. It's very frustrating and unnecessarily limiting (when playing without crosshairs) only having the option of zoomed-in or shouldered with nothing in between.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Having said that, are there actually any optics in your packs? Off the top of my head I don't recall any.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Oh, right, there are. Sorry with so many weapon and accessory options I'm never all that certain which pack they're from.

Toadie: Aah, I see your point. Thanks for the reply!

E: That's no doubt a very impressive set of AUGs. I'm eagerly waiting for getting my hands into them. ;)

For the sake of an extra memory point and a few config lines I personally think it would be well worth adding a backup sight position for any magnifying optic without irons which just sights along the top of the optic. It's very frustrating and unnecessarily limiting (when playing without crosshairs) only having the option of zoomed-in or shouldered with nothing in between.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Hmm, no. As Toadie said, those optics do not have backups in real life and again, as he said, the mounts on the older style rifles often block the irons.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you want back up sights, there are lots of other optics available that offer both NV and back up. The ones you are referring to came around before the supersmoothfastoperater era, and they should remain faithful.

GP for AK12, yeah.

That's the uber-short barrel, yeah?

It's doable, considering it's the same profile as the 9mm SMG barrel. At the very least, Carbine,Standard and HBAR lengths will be available on bot the A1 and A2 AUGs.

Speaking of, Merry Christmas

Sidenote- Finding good res references of the HBAR kit was NOT easy. Thing is rare as hens teeth apparently.

The STG Commando is the newest version oft the AUG, i hope you can see this pictures and thanks for reply your STG are outstanding and animation for them also.

auga3sf.jpg

SF_zpse6418e18.jpg

Well the HBAR isn't really in duty of the austrian army and i think also the asutralians doesnt use them because steyr produced only 30rnd and 45rnd mags (i have this information in my "army guide book")

Steyr_AUG_HBAR_00.jpg70407ebe-c03e-454a-ad51-c6303d13ea16Large.jpg

Hmm, no. As Toadie said, those optics do not have backups in real life and again, as he said, the mounts on the older style rifles often block the irons.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you want back up sights, there are lots of other optics available that offer both NV and back up. The ones you are referring to came around before the supersmoothfastoperater era, and they should remain faithful.

That's ridiculous. You're suggesting the game should prevent you from performing an action (sighting above and along the weapon/optic center line) you can easily and readily perform in real life to enforce some sort of notion that a given optic should be artificially and arbitrarily nerfed inside 50m. Dumb and very gamey.

For sights that don't have backup sights, there is no reason not to allow a "look over the sight" option. You won't really know what you're hitting and you might as well keep your weapon shouldered and un-sighted, but at least you will have the option (which I never use even for weapons that have proper backup sights, because you can just shoot without sights at those ranges anyway).