toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

exactly. that's what the collection feature is for anyways so lazy people still have to click only once (look for "subscribe all"). anyone can make a collection without even getting permission since it's just a pack of links basically. blows my mind that people don't understand these awesome super simple features that make the workshop so great.

so reuploading stuff not only was a dick move but also a total waste of time and effort (if you can call it that compared to what the actual author put in).

the reason content packs with a lot of data (textures and sounds are usually way bigger than models or code) get split up is simply that it's way easier to update small things without having to upload the entire pack each time. but i know i know. asking for common sense on the internet is kind of a big gamble :lol:

And I don't care about the collection.

it is literally exactly what you are asking for. wtf is wrong with you?

Arma 3 steam workshop integration is terrible so far and releasing a mod in multiple little packages only makes it worse.

seems like you don't even know how it works. maybe just use armaholic or PWS since you seem confused.

• Like 5

Well, I just released it. So it is possible. ...

Okay. I always thought that it is limited to 200mb, thatswhy many people used Nexus Mods for modding Skyrim. It seems they changed that. 

I'm not here to make friends.

I noticed. You should respect some unwritten rules of a modding community though.

I'm here because I like the mod.

That's fine, and I appreciate you want to support the author and spread the mods. But that's the wrong way. 

But since I've been asking for the past 6 month for a release of the complete pack as a single mod without receiving a single reply or reason why it's not done yet. I've chosen to take care of it myself.

There are many mods out there which are not working in a way I like. This doesn't give one the right to do with it what you want, even if it might be for a good reason. I guess that the author is aware of this issue, but if he got other things in mind the user doesn't have many options besides respecting it.

The probable reasons why you don't get an answer is that updating 14 HD weapon mods is pretty exhausting, even without a inbox which is spamed with tons of tiny bs-requests by a ungrateful community and a slow internet connection. I mean, just check out the last posts or the twitter account, it should give you an idea about the job. Also, with the Steam-collection and the all-in-one-mod on Armaholic there are more then enough workarounds.

As I said: I don't wana piss you off while you are trying to support the NIA-stuff, but this is just overeager, and there are many modders which don't like such acts. 

• Like 1

I'm not here to start a war or praise lord Gaben.

Here's why I don't like workshop collections.

1 - They don't update on the client end when they are updated on the workshop.

2 - They are hard to find in the workshop as you need to select "Collections" in order to get them when you do a search

3 - You can "Select" a Collection in the Arma Launcher.

4 - You can't show a Collection in the server browser.

And Armaholic is the complete opposite of what I'm trying to get to. Which is simplicity for the users.

I did expect that kind of "angryish" reaction facing my upload of the complete collection.

I mostly wanted to get some kind of reaction, and also to prove that it's possible and not very complicated to do it.

Sadly I knew steam workshop would take it down in a matter of hours which they did.

Anyway, I hope that at some point we'll get the full collection as a single mod knowing that it can also be released as a bunch of mods at the same time without any conflicts of excessive maintenance.

This way those who have slow connections can get the single mods and the other can get the full collection.

If the reason why it's not working is because of Toadie's connection. Then I propose myself to upload and maintain the complete mod. With him as the creator/administrator on the workshop.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not the point.

I noticed. You should respect some unwritten rules of a modding community though.

It is not unwritten, it is actually written in bold here: http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

D. Representations and Warranties

You represent and warrant to us that you have sufficient rights in all User Generated Content to grant Valve and other affected parties the licenses described under A. and B. above or in any license terms specific to the applicable Workshop-Enabled App or Workshop page. This includes, without limitation, any kind of intellectual property rights or other proprietary or personal rights affected by or included in the User Generated Content. In particular, with respect to Workshop Contributions, you represent and warrant that the Workshop Contribution was originally created by you (or, with respect to a Workshop Contribution to which others contributed besides you, by you and the other contributors, and in such case that you have the right to submit such Workshop Contribution on behalf of those other contributors).

You furthermore represent and warrant that the User Generated Content, your submission of that Content, and your granting of rights in that Content does not violate any applicable contract, law or regulation.

If the reason why it's not working is because of Toadie's connection. Then I propose myself to upload and maintain the complete mod. With him as the creator/administrator on the workshop.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not the point.

the point is that you need to have it your way although you've been told differently. I propose you give it a rest, or create your own mod and do whatever you want then
  • Like 5

I'm not here to start a war or praise lord Gaben.

Here's why I don't like workshop collections.

1 - They don't update on the client end when they are updated on the workshop.

2 - They are hard to find in the workshop as you need to select "Collections" in order to get them when you do a search

3 - You can "Select" a Collection in the Arma Launcher.

4 - You can't show a Collection in the server browser.

1 - are you 100% sure about that? pretty sure they are just a bunch of links equivalent to subscribing the parts of it one by one. so what you say wouldn't make much sense. i'm curious though since you mentioned it

2 - you have a strange definition of "hard"...not surprising though :P

3 - assuming you meant "can't" i'd say it's a valid complaint. would be a good idea to forward this feedback to the people actually working on the launcher (BI) instead of whining here.

4 - same as 3

no idea why you did all this bullshit before even talking to the author. nothing about this is arma or steam specific. it's just called being the least amount of polite.

anyways. please make sure your feedback gets heard, if these things twist your nips THAT hard. you seem to have put some thought into it. would be great, if we could all profit in the end. you know like you profited from the work of others too. it's this thing we call "community".

here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186657-new-server-browser-dev-branch/

and here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/180024-official-arma-3-launcher-dev-branch/

Well this escalated quickly.

I'm not here to make friends.

I'm here because I like the mod.

But since I've been asking for the past 6 month for a release of the complete pack as a single mod without receiving a single reply or reason why it's not done yet. I've chosen to take care of it myself.

This is really the only thing I take umbridge with,  You haven't been asking for 6 months. I went over the comment threads just to make sure, but the earliest mention from you asking about it was this month.Now I could be wrong about that, and you've been trying to message me through steam or some other way and I've not known/responded. If that's the case, then so be it that I'm terrible at responding, and sorry. However, if that's not, please don't try and misconstrue the public record here. You asked on the HLC core comment thread, I answered, you apparently aren't appeased with that.

And again, to reiterate the point- Steam has automation that makes the need for an all-in-one stand alone mod entirely redundant. The only reason I started having that option is because there's a good enough percentage of people downloading through traditional means, and those doesn't neccesarily make all the links easy to find. Workshop lets you make and share collections which can get 30 or 40 mods in a single click, and keeps them current without any input at all(providing you run through the A3 Launcher), it entirely obviates the need for a compendium mods to even exist.

Sidenote, somewhat more publically- I do apologise to you, and any other server ops running though SW really, that the rebranding changed all the folder names around unnanouncedly and generally messed with natural order. That's not a side-effect that I was anticipating. But,what's done is done, and I ain't rolling it back.

EDIT- while I'm here and there seems to be a few mod around eyes, I uh.. I can't edit my Opening Post. At all. Maybe time for a new thread?

• Like 6

How bad is when a forum loose is main topic and goes like that just for a little thing... i and many others we all here to ask some questions about the mods (main topic) and we all loose "priority" just for that steam workshop thing.. and of course toadie answer to that just to stop this situation and he got no time or wish to scroll all pages to answer our mod related question...  :(

I personally think that an author of a mod have all his rights and reasons to publish or not publish his mods... answer or not answer questions because he is not obligated... but I get nervous if i have to think that I received no reply just because he dont see posts for a "distraction"

As I just said I do not expect an immediate or obligate answer but I want to be sure toadie ha seen my post because I wanted to ask him an important thing thanks ;)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163106-toadies-smallarms-and-animations-for-arma3/page-115#entry3010088

• Like 1

How bad is when a forum loose is main topic and goes like that just for a little thing... i and many others we all here to ask some questions about the mods (main topic) and we all loose "priority" just for that steam workshop thing.. and of course toadie answer to that just to stop this situation and he got no time or wish to scroll all pages to answer our mod related question...  :(

I personally think that an author of a mod have all his rights and reasons to publish or not publish his mods... answer or not answer questions because he is not obligated... but I get nervous if i have to think that I received no reply just because he dont see posts for a "distraction"

As I just said I do not expect an immediate or obligate answer but I want to be sure toadie ha seen my post because I wanted to ask him an important thing thanks ;)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163106-toadies-smallarms-and-animations-for-arma3/page-115#entry3010088

Hey StationMax, go check toadie's twitter, you should really like what you find there regarding the animated rear sights............ good news that he's most likely been too busy to post about on here but on the bright side we'll definitely hear all about it when its done......

Toadie doesn't ignore anyone, he's just incredibly busy at all times. He gets back to everyone eventually.

I'd imagine this is a quite non-trivial request on top of everything else, but would it be possible to add bipod, and/or, RIS Rail support for the battle rifle packs at some stage? Even the G3 pack would be nice (G3/SG1 and G3a3?).

Hey StationMax, go check toadie's twitter, you should really like what you find there regarding the animated rear sights............ good news that he's most likely been too busy to post about on here but on the bright side we'll definitely hear all about it when its done......

I dont like twitter because how is organized.. i much prefer the linear discussion on the forum, however i had a look and:

HAH. IN YOUR FACE GUY ON THE BIFORUMS WHO MADE THAT OVERLY DETAILED POST I FEEL GUILTY ABOUT CRUSHING.TOTALLY DOABLE

i think he is talking about me ahah :lol: , im sorry toadie dont feel guilty for me i know your work requires so much time and effort, for me its easy to say "fix that and do that" i know you have to do all this massive work alone.

I made that detalied post because i really like your weapons pack mods and i just want to give some help to improve them ^_^

in detail i can say that i care to much for the sight problem because (from my pont of view) i think It is breaking the realism with so much visible impact on screen while aiming

we play arma3 for realism and not for having so many fancy skins like counter-strike in this case skins=animated useless sights (im joking :P in fact when i first saw that rotating sight on the mp5 i was like :o :o impressive )

what I'm trying to say is that your work is so good that when there is something that I do not like on it I care much more to fix it :D but now dont worry about relase timing and being guilty.. just keep your great work as you wish because its YOUR WORK not mine  :rolleyes: 

and let me know when you can an answer on that https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163106-toadies-smallarms-and-animations-for-arma3/page-115#entry3010088

Sorry for all these big detailed post now im feeling guilty too:

StationMax -> :868:                            :681: <- toadie2k

• Like 2

Ok  @ StationMax; Dude! wtf,  just chk his twitter.  https://twitter.com/toadie2k. Get know the guy, and be helpful in a "helpful way" you dont have to sign up, and you will find more there than here. Even what your asking about (hint it could be fixed...).

Ok  @ StationMax; Dude! wtf,  just chk his twitter.  https://twitter.com/toadie2k. Get know the guy, and be helpful in a "helpful way" you dont have to sign up, and you will find more there than here. Even what your asking about (hint it could be fixed...).

And maybe you should read the entire post first before replying...
  • Like 1

How exactly does one switch AUG barrels, I've noticed there aren't any arsenal items from what I could see?

How exactly does one switch AUG barrels, I've noticed there aren't any arsenal items from what I could see?

It was done through AGM, which became part of ACE3. I'm not sure if it still works.

Reported a config problem a few pages ago.

Was my bad, I didn't update all of the packs including core pack which afaik contained the inherited class.

Didn't update cause pws didn't have the update.

Anyway, amazing job, Toadie. Thanks!

• Like 1

Updated mod v1.8.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.5.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.8.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v2.0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png