toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Small report. Error occurring when firing a Saiga-12.

Depends on the surface you're hitting.

Are you using pellets? 

If so and it inherits  the BIS pellets ammo class I have the same issue.

I think it's because this ammo class was left behind since there are no vanilla shotguns.

Usually after clicking close it will work.

Plowing on with the MG3's? MUCH EXCITE!

Also Toadie, have you seen the latest dev-branch updated animation parameters?

Arma 3 Update 1.60 comes with a new way how to handle multiple muzzle animation sources for weapons:

• revolvingammoammoRandomreloadtriggerreloadMagazinehasMagazineisEmptyNoReloadisEmptyzeroingweaponMode may be used with indexes ranging from -1 to (number of muzzles - 1) in format "name.x" (e.g. reload.0)
  • Index -1 means currently selected muzzle, index 0 means first muzzle of given weapon, index 1 second and so on
  • Animation sources without indexes should behave the same way as before

Someone told me this could mean separate animations for dry reloads, etc is that true?

Source = https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Model_Config#Animation_sources

Are you using pellets? 

If so and it inherits  the BIS pellets ammo class I have the same issue.

I think it's because this ammo class was left behind since there are no vanilla shotguns.

Usually after clicking close it will work.

I had a feeling it was a some inheritance issue. That's not a problem at all, just wanted to report. That clears things out. Thanks.

@war_lord You discovered a hidden area, Toadie is sure to grace you with mighty powers!

• Like 2

Licensing

All content released by myself fall subject to the Arma Public Share-Alike (APL-SA) License, unless otherwise specified.

APL-SA.png

Exceptions to this license are made in the following, with stipulations regarding use -

• Any persons or entities directly or indirectly involved with active development of Arma 3 Life OR Arma 3 Life derivatives ( additionally, by alias; Caiden). Stipulations - Do Not Redistribute, No alteration or de-binarizing of content, no use at all within publicly distributed data-archives(including executable installation) for entities that receive more than US$10 in lifetime donations. This exception applies retroactively. Failure to adhere to this will result in legal action.

Any persons who have directly contacted myself (toadie2k) to seek out explicit usage permissions prior to 11/11/14 still retain use under those agreed terms.

Just a small licensing question here.

How does that license is still Share-Alike with an exception like that?

Anyway, if it still is Share-Alike then would that mean that I can release "HLC Weapons Pack" on Steam in its full integrity while stating the original authors?

Because I honestly think that It should be available on steam as a single mod.

Thanks.

Just a small licensing question here.

How does that license is still Share-Alike with an exception like that?

Because Bohemia's share-alike already comes with a non-commercial clause.But the people who run Life servers and other for-profit servers love to claim ignorance of licences, this just makes it clear as day. 

• Like 2

I do hate to ask but is there any status update on updates for PlayWithSix?

Your best bet is to PM one of the PWS people, they handle that themselves. 

@toadie2k

Thank you for reply, I really appreciated.

Obviously I am not happy with the answer, but I can well understand your reasons.. I know what you mean.

So at this point I wanted to ask you if the source for all wepons packs are available to download or they are "private", mostly I would like to have

the .p3d models fully configured and unbinarized because i can figure out myself the rest i think.. like the config.cpp, custom textures, custom sounds etc.. just to try helping you with this fantastic project. I can even figure how to create or refining the 3d raw model i think but i never imported something in to the object builder and configured it to export as ready .p3d for the arma3 engine...

meaby you can tell me where to find some tutorial for doing that part ... and of course all this only to help you and if I were to succeed in something i definitely reserve to you all rights

anyway if i cant have the source files tell me at least something to help me starting on that and I'll try to make something of my own from scratch... but I believe improving an existing project is more logical.

If you do not agree with my suggestions do not worry just let me know. Thanks again for your work and for your efforts.

@toadie2k

Thankyou for the latest rendition of the AK Pack. I am enjoying the new additions. However, I have a small question.

162df50318cfdd91ee9caebb145f41bc.jpg

The AK74Ms are using late plum Bakelite magazines? Whilst I'm aware this happened, as of the early 2000s the Russian Military mainly use the polymer magazines in their AK74Ms. It is extremely rare to see Bakelite magazines used by active Russian units now.

• Like 2

@toadie2k

I don't know if your tracking, but the HLC AK mod with the compatibility optional PBO accompanying it break vanilla VV soldier spawn.  When you spawn a VV soldier through Zeus, he spawns with the incorrect Magazine and is unable to load his weapon.

1: Ran JUST RHS -> Spawned VV Rifleman (103) -> Spawned with Loaded rifle and Magazines

2: Ran RHS & HLC Core & HLC AK W/O Compatibility PBO -> Spawned VV Rifleman (103) -> Spawned with Loaded rifle and Magazines

3: Ran RHS & HLC Core & HLC AK WITH Compatibility PBO -> Spawned VV Rifleman (103) -> Spawned WITHOUT Loaded rifle and Incorrect Magazines

Hope this bug is fixed soon.

In Xzibit

yo dawg, i hurd u lyke bug reports so i reportd a bug abowt the DS Arms Fal GL not having a GL reload animation so you can fix while you load while you load while you fix.

In English:
It seems the DS Arms FAL GL variant does not have a GL reload animation.

So basically, you're far too lazy to press a button more then once?

Yes... they are... as 14 individual mods !

I'm asking for a single mod, With all the weapons.

And I don't care about the collection.

I doubt this is possible. SWS doesn't allow such big mods as far as I know, and the HLC mods are around something like 1,2 gb. So keep an eye on Armaholic or deal with the collection. 

Don't forget that steam has a lovely habit of throwing up error messages in the middle of uploads.

Thanks Toadie for all the effort and super OCD attention to details on your pack.

I doubt this is possible. SWS doesn't allow such big mods as far as I know, and the HLC mods are around something like 1,2 gb. So keep an eye on Armaholic or deal with the collection. 

Well, I just released it. So it is possible.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668306727

I did it in accordance to the current Arma Public Share-Alike (APL-SA) License.

All signed with the original signatures and keys so it's 100% compatible with the separate pack

@Toadie2k - [s2] Still A Lime

- Add me on steam and I'll make you Contributor on the mod if you want.

Otherwise I'll just keep updating it with the new files as they release.

Thanks

Thanks

I'm not that much into all of this licence-stuff, but I highly doubt that uplaoding things without the knowledge and the permission of the creator on whatever official mirror is legit or courteous. Sharing is the creators thing. If he is asking anyone to do it for him, thats fine. But to create a fait accompli and force him to add you on Steam won't make you many friends here...    

• Like 3

I'm not that much into all of this licence-stuff, but I highly doubt that uplaoding things without the knowledge and the permission of the creator on whatever official mirror is legit or courteous. Sharing is the creators thing. If he is asking anyone to do it for him, thats fine. But to create a fait accompli and force him to add you on Steam won't make you many friends here...    

I'm not here to make friends.

I'm here because I like the mod.

But since I've been asking for the past 6 month for a release of the complete pack as a single mod without receiving a single reply or reason why it's not done yet. I've chosen to take care of it myself.

If an Official release comes out I'll happily remove mine.

I have no interest in claiming work that is not mine.

But, Arma 3 steam workshop integration is terrible so far and releasing a mod in multiple little packages only makes it worse.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668306727

I did it in accordance to the current Arma Public Share-Alike (APL-SA) License.

All signed with the original signatures and keys so it's 100% compatible with the separate pack

@Toadie2k - [s2] Still A Lime

- Add me on steam and I'll make you Contributor on the mod if you want.

Otherwise I'll just keep updating it with the new files as they release.

Thanks

I would suggest that you remove these from the workshop as you have not asked permission to upload them. All it would have taken would have been a simple message, however you have decided to bypass that and upload them yourself. Unfortunately actions similar to yours have made alot of addon makers quit the addon making scene.

• Like 3

But since I've been asking for the past 6 month for a release of the complete pack as a single mod without receiving a single reply or reason why it's not done yet. I've chosen to take care of it myself.

The likely relevant reason I recall Toadie sharing is that his internet is sometimes a bit shit and he has issues uploading to Steam. Thus he may well be glad of the assist (or not) but let's get one thing clear; nobody here owes you anything, not a single thing, not even a response much less a resolution which you deem satisfactory. So it's extremely poor form to simply decide that you can't wait for either and that you are somehow now entitled to take matters into your own hands. You ain't.

• Like 6

If an Official release comes out I'll happily remove mine.

But, Arma 3 steam workshop integration is terrible so far and releasing a mod in multiple little packages only makes it worse.

So what's wrong with using this official option....one click and your good to go.....http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=665702172

• Like 3