toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Thanks for the update. The new weapons and the new weapon variants are awesome. Unfortunatelly most of the new ones aren't avialable as objects in the editor. Would be pretty cool if you could add them too. :)

thanks for this release! epic work as always.

one small thing is that I'm finding it tricky to keep track of all the changed weapons and not changed weapons. especially with the new naming convention inside the files. Probably me being dozy. Is there a central place to get them all other than steam workshop (which would be fine but i cant tell is up to date or not. The dates on the mods are all over the place.)?

it would be very cool if the g36a2 version still comes with Picatinny rail

picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=29

26688728.jpg

it would be very cool if the g36a2 version still comes with Picatinny rail

picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=29

This has been explained already, Arma 3 can't combine a rail mounted Optic with an integral optic. So the G36A2 is impossible to represent properly in Arma 3 without doing something crazy like modeling every possible combination of the hensoldt optic and a backup sight. Someone else is going to have to do that if they want the A2 optic so bad.  

thanks for this release! epic work as always.

one small thing is that I'm finding it tricky to keep track of all the changed weapons and not changed weapons. especially with the new naming convention inside the files. Probably me being dozy. Is there a central place to get them all other than steam workshop (which would be fine but i cant tell is up to date or not. The dates on the mods are all over the place.)?

SW isn't currently up to date, nor, TECHNICALLY, is the first post in the thread. I was hoping to keep the links lowkey until I had both updated, and I was going to have a link-through to a site I've got mostly set up that was going to be a unifying resource for stuff, but word gets around I guess and none of that is ready :P

• Like 1

If you're trying to keep things on the Down Low, posting it on Twitter is probably sub-optimal, nice MP5 handguard light, BTW.  :P

• Like 1

If you're trying to keep things on the Down Low, posting it on Twitter is probably sub-optimal, nice MP5 handguard light, BTW.  :P

mm. Apparently my twitter is more watched than I originally thought. Lessons learned the hard way. Will have all that sorted by the end of the weekend.

Hi toadie, sadly i'm here for another bug report. I have not had time to test it again after the updates, but if you didn't fix this, at least the 5.56 nato subsonic ammo is not... subsonic, it makes the supersonic crack. But probably also others subsonic ammunitions. 

P.s: The compatibility bug with RHS AK is still there.

• Like 1

Subsonics and the Saiga Buckshot error will be fixed when Core gets the patch up, which is tomorrow on twitter, and.. probably later tomorrow on here.

• Like 2

Hey, just wanted to report an issue with the SAWs. I've not gone through all of them yet but at least on the FN Minimis and some of the 249s the trigger, one leg of the bi-pod and the belt pouch are pulled up through the receiver of the gun while the reload animation is playing / the top cover is opened.

Is it possible to add some kind of 'night sight' for the steyr aug a1 variants? Night operations with it are pretty impossible because of the black scope reticle.

Would it also be possible to add the Irish Defence Forces variant of the steyr aug that had the 'ALO' or 'Automatic LockOut' feature for switching between auto and semi?

Is it possible to add some kind of 'night sight' for the steyr aug a1 variants? Night operations with it are pretty impossible because of the black scope reticle.

Just use the A2, when the A1 AUG came out, night vision devices still weren't practical for weapon mounting. 

Just use the A2, when the A1 AUG came out, night vision devices still weren't practical for weapon mounting. 

Oh ok, cool. Thanks for this!

Even regular Defense Forces AUG are starting to get retrofitted with rail sets. The original Swarovski Scope is simply outdated.

Hi Toadie! Do you plan to release the update on Steam Workshop as well?

Yes

Hey, just wanted to report an issue with the SAWs. I've not gone through all of them yet but at least on the FN Minimis and some of the 249s the trigger, one leg of the bi-pod and the belt pouch are pulled up through the receiver of the gun while the reload animation is playing / the top cover is opened.

Can't reproduce. Possibly RHS, CUP or something else interfering.

Still curious about tracer mags for the G36 series.

They're in.

Would it also be possible to add the Irish Defence Forces variant of the steyr aug that had the 'ALO' or 'Automatic LockOut' feature for switching between auto and semi?

Considered it, yeah. I figure later one, killing two birds with one stone and doing the F88/F90 (the latter seems like a popular ask)

• Like 3

How come you've put in the older MK. 48 Mod 0 instead of the newer Mod 1? The gun is also held way higher then it should be.  

Considered it, yeah. I figure later one, killing two birds with one stone and doing the F88/F90 (the latter seems like a popular ask)

Excellent. The former is far more prevalent, however. :D

The actual sight picture for the A1 is not correct. Out of all of Toadies superb efforts this is about the only thing that I feel needs changing. That wide black border around the sight picture does not exist, at all, sorry to say  - just fact. The sight is so much more usable than it is now, bit of a shame really.

Don't take it the wrong way I very much rock with HLC. It really is on top, along with SMA, of the weapon addon mods. Nothing beats it and I back that opinion up with $! 

Toadie, when you've got some time, in say, the next five years ;)  - you reckon you could have a look at it? Your schedule being what it is ... ;)

PM me if you need some pics of the sight picture. Should clear things up somewhat.

Just thought I'd jump in to say what everyone's been saying: awesome update! I especially dig the HK-33. I thought I'd point out though that some guns still have the old ironsight FOV values, including all G3s (not the 33).

Still, awesome job. Hyped as fuck for the SIG SG 550 pack, for which I have two suggestions:

1: make a 550 variant with a 20rnd mag on the model as they're still used rather often. It would be a sort of Swiss grunt edition with no rails, able to mount a Kern scope and not much else.

2: I bet you already know/did this, but most games (including Arma 3!) forget that SIG rifles lock open on an empty mag and have a bolt release on the left side. It makes more sense to use that instead of the charging handle.