toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Updated mod v1.8 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Why you add AK74M with red magazine? 

thank god you guys are out there! <3 Love from the Greek ArmA Community!

NIA stands for?

NIA stands for?

Nation-Independant Arsenal

nice work toadie! :o

• Like 1

This is also an issue with the AK-12 and the new RK62.

Double check you're not running duplicates. of the AK pack, that's the only way I can think of that  that could happen.

Why you add AK74M with red magazine? 

Because I occasionally practise contrarianism.

• Like 2

Mad respect for adding in the RK.62. I hate being one of those people who asks for stuff right after a new update but.. in the future if you have the time I think it would be cool to see some more Finnish variants of the ak, like carbines and updated models. But that is just me. Really do love the va arsenal icons and am looking forward to seeing them brought to the M-60 and the Sub Machine Guns :)

Mad respect for adding in the RK.62. I hate being one of those people who asks for stuff right after a new update but.. in the future if you have the time I think it would be cool to see some more Finnish variants of the ak, like carbines and updated models. But that is just me. Really do love the va arsenal icons and am looking forward to seeing them brought to the M-60 and the Sub Machine Guns :)

If someone has better knowledge please correct me, but I don't think that there exists a carbine version of RK 62. I believe that FDF (Finnish Defence Forces) currently uses besides RK62:

• RK 95 TP: A version produced on the basis of RK 62. Uses a folding stock and a multifunctional muzzle device and gas valve enabling the use of rifle grenades. Due to the muzzle, RK 95 behaves more steady on automatic fire. FDF had planned on replacing the RK 62 with RK 95 but this never happened in the large scale.
  • RK 62 M: A updated/modernized variant of the older RK 62. Features: adjustable stock, better carrying sling (the old one has a bare leather strip) and picatinny rails for mounting accessories.  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/10/finland-gives-up-new-rifle-program-will-modernize-rk-62-to-serve-until-2035/

So is it intended behavior for the AK12(and GP30 variant) and AK12U to not use the RHS 5.45 mags? The RPK12 can though so I'm guessing not.

So is it intended behavior for the AK12(and GP30 variant) and AK12U to not use the RHS 5.45 mags? The RPK12 can though so I'm guessing not.

No, not really, but this is why I provided the source files for the compatibility patches.

• Like 1

Double check you're not running duplicates. of the AK pack, that's the only way I can think of that  that could happen.

Here's an album I uploaded, the first picture shows the only mods I am running in addition to CBA:

http://imgur.com/a/5TA6u

The effect is even more pronounced with a deployed weapon:

http://imgur.com/a/xihTD

Hello Folks.

There hasen`t been an update to the Core Addon ? our am i missing something?

Thanks.

As an old fan of Finnish Defense Force on OFP, the Rk62 brings back a ton of good memories. Thank you!

• Like 1

Damn, man, bloody nice update. Especially liking the new G3s, updates to the PSG-1, and the Soundshaders; same sounds, but somehow so much more nuanced and instantly pleasing to the ear. Thank you for all the work you put in to bring everything up to speed.

I will agree with other posters that something feels very funky about some of the ironsights. I think I noticed it on the G3s first.

An open question to anyone in the know: is it normal for the new animated ironsight stuff to offset the point-of-aim from the centre of the screen when you ADS?

EDIT: PSG-1 got me feelin' like

600px-RSRS-PSG1.jpg

• Like 2

Damn, man, bloody nice update. Especially liking the new G3s, updates to the PSG-1, and the Soundshaders; same sounds, but somehow so much more nuanced and instantly pleasing to the ear. Thank you for all the work you put in to bring everything up to speed.

I will agree with other posters that something feels very funky about some of the ironsights. I think I noticed it on the G3s first.

An open question to anyone in the know: is it normal for the new animated ironsight stuff to offset the point-of-aim from the centre of the screen when you ADS?

600px-RSRS-PSG1.jpg

I love that game, but for me PSG-1 always reminds me of Metal Gear Solid :D

I have Raven Shield and I love it.

• Like 2

Here's an album I uploaded, the first picture shows the only mods I am running in addition to CBA:

The effect is even more pronounced with a deployed weapon:

oh, that. Yeah, so, the front and rear not aligning is entirely out of me forcing the front post to sit on the point of impact for a given distance, It's not a pretty solution, but it's better than the alternative and not having the shots land where you expect them.

Caveat- only while undeployed and not leaning. I suspect that BI's still working on the underlying code that lets animated zeroing work, because yeah, sight misalign worse when deploying or leaning. Nothing I can do about that.

• Like 2

So I figured I would try my hand at fixing the AK12s not taking the RHS 5.45 mags and I was successful, you want the file?

(I found Arma's inheritance weird, shit does not work the way you think it would.)

oh, that. Yeah, so, the front and rear not aligning is entirely out of me forcing the front post to sit on the point of impact for a given distance, It's not a pretty solution, but it's better than the alternative and not having the shots land where you expect them.

Caveat- only while undeployed and not leaning. I suspect that BI's still working on the underlying code that lets animated zeroing work, because yeah, sight misalign worse when deploying or leaning. Nothing I can do about that.

Is it possible not to animate the sight adjustment until BI gets it working properly? While the AKs are fine, the diopter rear sight of the RK62 exacerbates the issue by obstructing the view above the front post significantly, sometimes even entirely blocking the post. It's hard to aim when you can't see where your point of aim is.

Hello toadie2k first of all i want to say that i very like your work and a big thanks for that... but (for me at least) i think this type of "solution" is ruining the gameplay on the guns every time i see the sights i cant ignore that aligning thing i just dont like that, i also like the animated sights but not with this side-effect... this is a general overview of the problem:

I traced some red lines to mark the differences on the sights

also i traced some 3d model wireframe that i think has to be redone with more poligons or just smooth it a little (just in case if its possible)

(in the first screenshot the last image in the second line is not the "awm"  is the LAR15 AMR my bad)

wZJwlfb.jpg

kLSpD30.jpg

so if you can please made an alternative weapons pack (if you want) with the non animated and alligned sight or meaby add in the same pack the same weapon twice with the alternative configuration... and just my personal preference but i think that the 50m sight for mp5 family and 100m for g3 family will be great as default sight, they are commonly used on fps games as standar sight for that type of weapon

Is it possible not to animate the sight adjustment until BI gets it working properly? While the AKs are fine, the diopter rear sight of the RK62 exacerbates the issue by obstructing the view above the front post significantly, sometimes even entirely blocking the post. It's hard to aim when you can't see where your point of aim is.

And yeah of course when you will find a way to make animated sight work without problem or BI will implement the necessary code there will be no need of alternative pack or configuration... let me know please what do you think about that.. and keep up the good work :)