toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Oh man, I can't wait for the updates. Poor Toadie, is he getting help with the sounds or is he weaving through the swamp all alone?

Poor Toadie is stuck doing it solo. All the sound modders in Arma are busy fixing other projects.

• Like 1

Hey again, found another visual bug, this time with all the G36 variants. (at least I'm confident they are bugs). Some missing/disappearing parts by the looks of things when the bolt is back. 

http://imgur.com/a/9PpFq

Transparency on certain areas of the handguard maybe?

• Like 1

Maybe it's just accurately simulating a G36 using advanced melting tactics?  ;) 

So, on the subject of a CAG or custom HK416 which was discussed earlier. I'm aware I'm talking about it rather prematurely since that weapon system isn't being worked on for some months yet. But I've came up with possible parts list and I'm curious what people think of it, particularly anyone with actual experience using any of this stuff.

• USSOCOM issue HK416 Carbine
  • Geissele Automatics HK Super Modular Rail (Flat Dark Earth Cerakote)
  • Magpul CTR Stock (Flat Dark Earth)
  • Magpul EMAG (Flat Dark Earth)
  • Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard (Flat Dark Earth)
  • Magpul AFG2 (Flat Dark Earth)
  • HK adjustable gas block (Is a "drop in" component first made for the Norwegians)   
  • Troy HK Front and Round Rear BUIS (Flat Dark Earth)

Oh and the reason I'd say Cerakote the rail is because the anodizing process for Geissele's Desert Dirt color has inconsistencies from chemical reactions during the process.   
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just accurately simulating a G36 using advanced melting tactics?  ;) 

So, on the subject of a CAG or custom HK416 which was discussed earlier. I'm aware I'm talking about it rather prematurely since that weapon system isn't being worked on for some months yet. But I've came up with possible parts list and I'm curious what people think of it, particularly anyone with actual experience using any of this stuff.

• USSOCOM issue HK416 Carbine
  • Geissele Automatics HK Super Modular Rail (Flat Dark Earth Cerakote)
  • Magpul CTR Stock (Flat Dark Earth)
  • Magpul EMAG (Flat Dark Earth)
  • Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard (Flat Dark Earth)
  • Magpul AFG2 (Flat Dark Earth)
  • HK adjustable gas block (Is a "drop in" component first made for the Norwegians)   
  • Troy HK Front and Round Rear BUIS (Flat Dark Earth)

Oh and the reason I'd say Cerakote the rail is because the anodizing process for Geissele's Desert Dirt color has inconsistencies from chemical reactions during the process.   

That looks about right I think, unless you want to include suppressors, optics, IR lasers and flashlights.

You can already get the correct SOPMOD attachments from other mods, RHS has a surefire/PEQ combo and NT4 QD suppressor and Iansky's Optics pack includes an Elcan. So otherwise I'm all set for my Tier 1 cosplay. :P   

• Like 1

I can pretty much do that combo I've got the source files from Toadie, thanks for that mate by the way, they're sized and look not too bad, a little bit of minor scaling.

As you said, most of these addons like the MOE stuff is out there and being used in many other mods.

I have made some decent textures for the HK416 base using Twinke's Base, same one Rob Hammer used in A2, and HotshotMike used in A3, I have a few wee bits to tidy up and it should be good to go in a few weeks, once I get back home, I can work on it a bit more.

• Like 1

This is in my opinion the best and most varied weapon mod pack available, and it sees heavy use in most missions my group plays, so thanks!

I'm sure you get tons and tons of random requests for different sorts of weapons (and I realize it must be a ton of work to create and maintain these), but I would like to add to the pile of requests by one: a modern 7.62x39 AK variant to complement the otherwise very nicely varied pack. I would be delighted to have a finnish RK 95 TP, but even a 7.62 variant of the AK-12 would be great.

This is in my opinion the best and most varied weapon mod pack available, and it sees heavy use in most missions my group plays, so thanks!

I'm sure you get tons and tons of random requests for different sorts of weapons (and I realize it must be a ton of work to create and maintain these), but I would like to add to the pile of requests by one: a modern 7.62x39 AK variant to complement the otherwise very nicely varied pack. I would be delighted to have a finnish RK 95 TP, but even a 7.62 variant of the AK-12 would be great.

I can promise, in a roundabout way, two of these things are coming in the immediate future.

• Like 3

RHS has the AK-103 and 104 but I've had bizarre issues running HLC and RHS together. That may be just me patching HLC wrong or something but I've gotten instances of weapon attachments being doubled. In my opinion HLC and RHS are working towards some of the same goals, albeit by different means. Suppose though that if you're not really there for all the vehicles and uniforms RHS adds it's not really worth dumping gigabytes of content into your game just for a couple AK's.

I likse both if possible but we had to blowout our mods for our server on account of stability issues so HLC is currently missing from the list but I'm hoping to see it added sometime soon. How else am I going to give my guerrilla units RPK's? As much as I'd like to see RHS and HLC work together to some degree, I can understand why not, especially given the frustration I've had with the RHS devs insisting on using long military names for every attachment and every round type, making my life a living hell while I'm trying to properly arm units for a mission.

Figure I'll just leave a thank you at least toadie for the work you've done in bringing quality weapons to the community, I appreciate it. I'm excited to see all the other projects you have lined up (especially the MG3 hooooh boy) so I'll be patiently waiting to see those.

Well, they do work together to a certain degree, Toadie has donated stuff to RHS in the past. 

Well, they do work together to a certain degree, Toadie has donated stuff to RHS in the past. 

toadie is a RHS developer/contributor, most if not all weapon anims are made by him. We do not integrate toadie's AKs simply because these are ported from CS, before toadie started creating his own meshes, and we want to stay away from ports for a number of reason and prefer to create our own content we have all the IPs for.

• Like 1

Makes sense enough, I'm just longing for a well rounded experience.

I'm definitely not the first to say this but, Arma is in need of content that has present day grounding and doctrine. Both the work that Toadie and the RHS have done have helped a lot, but there's still a long way to go before we meet the sort of standard that Arma 2 was at with ACE2. I am a bit curious how the Apex expansion will affect the modding community. As I remember it, Operation Arrowhead did render some ACE2 features obsolete after its release.

Sorry to wonder off topic a bit I'm just trying to grasp what the situation is for the community.

• Like 2

I'm definitely not the first to say this but, Arma is in need of content that has present day grounding and doctrine. Both the work that Toadie and the RHS have done have helped a lot, but there's still a long way to go before we meet the sort of standard that Arma 2 was at with ACE2. I am a bit curious how the Apex expansion will affect the modding community. As I remember it, Operation Arrowhead did render some ACE2 features obsolete after its release.

Sorry to wonder off topic a bit I'm just trying to grasp what the situation is for the community.

I can appreciate that, but please try to stay on the topic in hand ;)

• Like 1

I think that in 2016 the end user is in a better situation in terms of modern content is far better off then they were in 2015, and by 2017 we'll have the full library of content one needs to play any sort of US forces at least. Thing is that most of the Arma 2 content had the luxury of being ported from Arma 1. But Arma 3 is so far ahead of Arma 2 that that process doesn't provide the level of graphical fidelity needed anymore. I think in the next year Arma 3 will surpass Arma 2 in terms of equipment. Looking at HLC alone (to steer things back on topic), in the next year the list of stuff that's due to come out is a list of household names. (if your household is nothing but gamers) It's actually a pretty good time of be a Special Operations loving Arma player.

1. The MG3 ,which Toadie is currently working on.
  2. MK 46 and 48 light machine guns in the next SAW patch.
  3. The SIG SG 550, which is the current leader in the patreon vote.
  4. The FN P90 and FN SCAR family are tied second place at 7 votes each.
  5. The Remington ACR is currently on the side burner.
  6. According to Toadie, someone has commissioned the P226 family.

So yeah, unless the events of the first two Mad Max movies happen in the next 6 months, we're all doing fine.

• Like 6

Hey Toadie, can you make a Magazine Compatibility Addon/Patch that allows you to use the BWMod G36 Mags for the HLC G36's? Would be really usefull.

Or optional pbo like in the AK Pack.

And maybe add the Tracer mags and much more important fix the UGL's?

I really like the mod but its a little useless at this moment

Hey Toadie, can you make a Magazine Compatibility Addon/Patch that allows you to use the BWMod G36 Mags for the HLC G36's? Would be really usefull.

Or optional pbo like in the AK Pack.

And maybe add the Tracer mags and much more important fix the UGL's?

I really like the mod but its a little useless at this moment

" A little useless?" Well why don't you spend years making an incredibly detailed mod with dozens of weapons and release it for free to the community then? Then others will be free to call it "useless"....

And if you want these things fixed so badly, you know what to do-download Arma3 tools and get busy.

• Like 6

Keep cool just saying.

Dont know why people always take this so personal ;D.

A broken ugl is useless, isn't it?

The Tracers are no big prob, but the ugl is tricky.

Keep cool just saying.

Dont know why people always take this so personal ;D.

A broken ugl is useless, isn't it?

The Tracers are no big prob, but the ugl is tricky.

People take it "personal" because an insane amount of work goes into making these addons.Work they don't have to do-for addons they don't have to share. There is nothing wrong with giving feedback-it is very important.But it must be done in a respectful way.

Anyway-Let's all get back on topic.

People take it "personal" because an insane amount of work goes into making these addons.Work they don't have to do-for addons they don't have to share. There is nothing wrong with giving feedback-it is very important.But it must be done in a respectful way.

Anyway-Let's all get back on topic.

Didn't meant to be disrespectfull, but i think thats a opinion matter.

I am German. I dont speak perfect english so i take the next best word that goes through my mind to express myself and i am not familiar with english phrases. Didn't want to sound offensive.

btt

Didn't meant to be disrespectfull, but i think thats a opinion matter.

I am German. I dont speak perfect english so i take the next best word that goes through my mind to express myself and i am not familiar with english phrases. Didn't want to sound offensive.

btt

Okay-no problem. Forget about it.

It's just that i know how very long it takes to make even very simple addons,and some people on these forums can act very entitled and arrogantly to mod makers. 

Anyway-no harm done :)

• Like 5

Hey everyone

I don't know if you have seen, the current model of AK-12 and it's variants is based on early prototype of AK-12, there has been changes. Now the latest prototype looks like this:

e57a9fe287ee32d68fd229bdfc0755e9.jpg

I don't know if this is going to be a final version before it goes to mass production. But if it is, do you plan to make a new models of your AK-12s ?

The proposed production model of the AK-12 seems to change radically every few months. Better to wait until Kalashnikov Concern actually makes up their mind what the gun is actually going to look like before building a bunch of models from scratch. 

• Like 2