toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

The whole thing is open source, so you're free to do that, but Toadie said at the start that he wasn't going to make a bunch of Bundeswehr optics. it's sub-mod territory.

Is there a link to the open source stuff war_lord? Is the M4/AR15 open source also?

The source files release so far is at the bottom of the main post, as far as I know all the animations can be used for whatever. A lot of the stuff released before a certain date isn't, because it uses parts from Counterstrike stuff that's not open, sadly the AR15 pack falls under that category, as does the MP5 and AK packs. You'd have to ask Toadie what the precise cut off date was, but as a general rule if it wasn't something Toadie made from scratch, it's not usable. The only released sources I know are definitely open are the FN Minimis and the AWM. Keep in mind I'm only a fan so I'd check with Toadie before embarking on any massive reskin projects just in case. 

• Like 1

Thanks war_lord, I know about the stuff from the likes of Tigg, and Twinke Masta, I'm actually after the Geiselle Rail for my own personal use, trying to make a decent CAG HK416.

• Like 1

Ah, you'd have to ask Toadie himself who made the Geiselle rail and get permission through the usual channels I guess.

• Like 2

Thanks war_lord, I know about the stuff from the likes of Tigg, and Twinke Masta, I'm actually after the Geiselle Rail for my own personal use, trying to make a decent CAG HK416.

Was the Geiselle rail made by someone else? I thought it was part of the original model. Going on a bit of a tangent, but werent Tigg and Twinkle Masta active in the arma community at one time? I think the latter was making a submarine for Arma 1/2. On the topic of CAG 416s however, isnt Toadie planning on making one? I assume it's included in the hk416(a5) weapon pack thats on the list somewhere.

Was the Geiselle rail made by someone else? I thought it was part of the original model. Going on a bit of a tangent, but werent Tigg and Twinkle Masta active in the arma community at one time? I think the latter was making a submarine for Arma 1/2. On the topic of CAG 416s however, isnt Toadie planning on making one? I assume it's included in the hk416(a5) weapon pack thats on the list somewhere.

Well, that list only technically means that the factory version of an item gets done. It's up to Toadie if an HK 416 with a Magpul MOE stock and a Geiselle rail gets included. The thing about AR-15 style rifles is that there's a lot of space for swapping out factory parts for the users preferred items, and since Arma 3 doesn't have a DayZ style modular weapons mechanic (if you're out there reading this please please add this in an expansion Bohemia) it's hard to represent that without really bad armory bloat.    

Although, keep in mind that if the HK416 pack does get made, sources will be released, so you can make variants yourself.

• Like 1

I'm sure he will make one, but it's very low down on his list, priority wise, his Patreons have the say in which models they'd like to see.

As for the Rail, I've hunted high and low for such a model, using twinke masta, Tigg et all as reference's and zilch, I have a feeling the rail is actually Toadies creation, and it's yummy!! :D LOL

Well, that list only technically means that the factory version of an item gets done. It's up to Toadie if an HK 416 with a Magpul MOE stock and a Geiselle rail gets included. The thing about AR-15 style rifles is that there's a lot of space for swapping out factory parts for the users preferred items, and since Arma 3 doesn't have a DayZ style modular weapons mechanic (if you're out there reading this please please add this in an expansion Bohemia) it's hard to represent that without really bad armory bloat.    

True, but some of his weapon packs have modded weapon systems already included. From the non port ones there's the m249 pack which has some heavily customized weapons in it. Magpul gear in general seems ubiquitous with 416s all around the world though (especially those stocks). 

edit:

I'm sure he will make one, but it's very low down on his list, priority wise, his Patreons have the say in which models they'd like to see.

As for the Rail, I've hunted high and low for such a model, using twinke masta, Tigg et all as reference's and zilch, I have a feeling the rail is actually Toadies creation, and it's yummy!!  :D LOL

I think fluttershy from socmod was working on a Geissele rail as well. He might have left though. Could also inquire there.

It's really up to Toadie, you have to keep in mind that with the HK 416 you're already looking at quite a list:

HK 416C
HK 416D10RS and GL version
HK 416D14.5RS and GL version
HK M27 IAR

HK 416A5 - 11" and GL version
HK 416A5 - 14.5" and GL version

That's ten guns already, assuming that he only includes one grenade launcher option, only includes the tan versions of the A5 model, and doesn't bother with the rifle length guns, the Norwegian contract guns or the civilian models. I wouldn't mind Toadie including customized versions, but I'm sure bloat is a concern.

Oh, and while I don't want to say too much, the HK 416 pack might not be as far off as you might think, not soon, but not as far off as you might think. 

• Like 1

Although, keep in mind that if the HK416 pack does get made, sources will be released, so you can make variants yourself.

I think someone has made an addon that does exactly this on steamworkshops, but totally agree with you, that's why the M4/HK platform is so popular in real life, as it's very easy to swap shit about, normally within minutes, and it all comes down to personal preference too, it's really only limited by your imagination and of course, what's practical and what's not.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you look waaayyyyy down at the bottom of Toadie's list you'll see something called Project Darwinism. Which is Toadie's plan to bring a modular AR-15 to Arma 3, basically an extreme version of what the AUG pack currently does between  the AUG and its 9mm conversion. The problem with Arma 3 is the only way to do it is to make a weapon model for every. single. variation. Which is kind of insane. P-mag? Different weapon. Troy BUIS? Different weapon. Magpul AFG? Different weapon.

• Like 3

It's really up to Toadie, you have to keep in mind that with the HK 416 you're already looking at quite a list:

HK 416C

HK M27 IAR

That's ten guns already, assuming that he only includes one grenade launcher option, only includes the tan versions of the A5 model, and doesn't bother with the rifle length guns, the Norwegian contract guns or the civilian models. I wouldn't mind Toadie including customized versions, but I'm sure bloat is a concern.

Oh, and while I don't want to say too much, the HK 416 pack might not be as far off as you might think, not soon, but not as far off as you might think. 

Yeah it's a shame we dont have a more extensive weapon  modification system. Still, it's lightyears ahead of arma 2. Honestly, a filter option in the virtual arsenal would alleviate some of the clutter. That said, the AUG pack and G36 pack already have a massive amount of variety in them. I think workload is the main issue here.

• Like 1

Hi Toadie;

As i wrote you few months ago in a PM on Armaholic that probably you have not read (my bad, armaholic was the wrong place): "i notice an annoying bug (...): using your ak pbo, the AK-74M(GL) of RHS mod doesn't work, the granade launcher is renamed in "EGLM" and i can shot but not aim or zeroing with that. Plus, i see that i can't load anymore the RHS granade, but only your VOG-25 ammunition."

Well, i found out by myself the bug in compat_RHS_Ak: the inherits of the class GP25Muzzle is nomore UGL_F but GP25_base. So for fix it simply change...

class GP25Muzzle : UGL_F
to
class GP25Muzzle : GP25_Base

Remains the problem with the RHS GL ammunitions. I solved it brutally adding the RHS grenade into "magazines[] += {", but probably there is a more elegant way.

Thanks for your work, I hope I was helpful.

I think someone has made an addon that does exactly this on steamworkshops, but totally agree with you, that's why the M4/HK platform is so popular in real life, as it's very easy to swap shit about, normally within minutes, and it all comes down to personal preference too, it's really only limited by your imagination and of course, what's practical and what's not.

The mod you are talking about uses the attachment system to modify the weapons-the flashlight/ir strobe attachment can add a new barrel,or stock,or whatever. It's not a perfect solution ,but it works. But I think that mod may have been removed-certainly parts of it were as they were stolen assets.

• Like 2

The Geiselle SMD is mine. Check your PM inbox shortly. I'll put it up publicly shortly also.

HK 416C

HK M27 IAR

Honestly, the bloat is more concerning only really from the perspective of in game. Actual construction of the things is less so, as long as you have a know list and can organise well TBH.

Hi Toadie;

As i wrote you few months ago in a PM on Armaholic that probably you have not read (my bad, armaholic was the wrong place): "i notice an annoying bug (...): using your ak pbo, the AK-74M(GL) of RHS mod doesn't work, the granade launcher is renamed in "EGLM" and i can shot but not aim or zeroing with that. Plus, i see that i can't load anymore the RHS granade, but only your VOG-25 ammunition."

Well, i found out by myself the bug in compat_RHS_Ak: the inherits of the class GP25Muzzle is nomore UGL_F but GP25_base. So for fix it simply change...

class GP25Muzzle : UGL_F

to

class GP25Muzzle : GP25_Base

Remains the problem with the RHS GL ammunitions. I solved it brutally adding the RHS grenade into "magazines[] += {", but probably there is a more elegant way.

Thanks for your work, I hope I was helpful.

That's an important one. Will sort out.

• Like 3

Yeah, if you look waaayyyyy down at the bottom of Toadie's list you'll see something called Project Darwinism. Which is Toadie's plan to bring a modular AR-15 to Arma 3, basically an extreme version of what the AUG pack currently does between  the AUG and its 9mm conversion. The problem with Arma 3 is the only way to do it is to make a weapon model for every. single. variation. Which is kind of insane. P-mag? Different weapon. Troy BUIS? Different weapon. Magpul AFG? Different weapon.

Not that it should be looked at as a necessity but I've been thinking that the same sort of "mechanic" could be useful for some other HLC weapons packs as well. I'm not sure how everyone else does it but I know that the newer C9A2 (Canadian Minimi) can be run with both the newer short (15.75 inch) or the original long (18.3 inch) barrel. One would think that the same thing should be possible with both the Minimi and M249 but I'm really not sure.

Somewhat more complicated and "theoretical" is the AK12. I don't think this has seen the light of day yet but one of the original features of the AK12 is that it was designed so that it would be able to swap from 5.45x39 to either 7.62x39 or 5.56x45 under field conditions. Its also said that they are looking at a 7.62x51 NATO version too. While it would be more complicated than the quick change barrel on the AUG in both cases, (I think it only needs a barrel change to go between 5.45 and 7.62x39 while 5.56 requires a different bolt) I think it would be really cool to have an adaptable gun like that in ARMA.

The thing about the AK-12 is that the design specifications for it are in a constant state of flux because it's undergoing minor design changes all the damn time. Changing barrel lengths on a FN Minimi should be pretty easy in the field, since the weapon is designed for field barrel swaps anyway. I'm skeptical of it being practical in an AK, seems like you'd need to disassemble more of the weapon then is field expedient.

The Geiselle SMD is mine. Check your PM inbox shortly. I'll put it up publicly shortly also.

Very much appreciated sir.

Hey Toadie. I really like the caseless 6,5mm HK G36 from your HLC G36 Pack. A brilliant idea to complete this Arma 3 setting.

Did you already thought about adding 6,5mm AK models to the AK pack? Maybe just take the AK12 and feed it with the vanilla Katiba/KH2002 caseless 6,5mm magazines with a additional 100rnd mag like the MX-SW uses.

A lot of players are missing the russians in Arma 3. I think it would be sweet to have a russian faction fitting the Arma 3 setting. Camos, Skins etc are already there. The only thing is missing are futuristic AK's.

You would be the man for this. What do you think? 

So those PWS updates 3 pages back were just PWS stuff, not any updates from your side Toadie?
Just wondering if you managed to upload an update or not with the problems you've been having with the ISP. All the best, and thanks for the awesome mods!

Hey Toadie, have you considered making an FG-42, possibly with an InRange.tv style tacticool bubba'd version?

I will admit I hadn't actually planned on them specifically, but if there's a demand, I'd certainly consider it.

Hi there folks, greetings master toadie!

Blessing be onto you, simply for making ths remark! Hallelujah!

For ArmA has never seen an adequate or worthy FG-42 modell - never.

There have been some attempts - some were better, some less so - but no one actually quite nailed it.

Such model from your mighty hands though, would be not just be worthy, but, I dare say,astounding

enough to be declared as one of the wonders of the modern world.  I could do this all day long.

Enough praise though:

Yees, there is demand for a worthy FG-42 modell.

Take my blessings and stay well, sir :)

~

• Like 1

So those PWS updates 3 pages back were just PWS stuff, not any updates from your side Toadie?

Just wondering if you managed to upload an update or not with the problems you've been having with the ISP. All the best, and thanks for the awesome mods!

The reason we haven't seen an update for a while is because Toadie is swamped in soundfiles adding the new tails feature.

The reason we haven't seen an update for a while is because Toadie is swamped in soundfiles adding the new tails feature.

Oh man, I can't wait for the updates. Poor Toadie, is he getting help with the sounds or is he weaving through the swamp all alone?

Hey Toadie, found two small errors with the M60 and the M14 pack. The M60's error is the bipod being translucent and the M14's have the bolt clip out the back of the weapon as shown in the photos here: http://imgur.com/a/V6376

Not anything major or game breaking, just thought you might like to know about them (if you didn't already)

• Like 1