toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Hey Toadie, I saw an article about Springfield's new SOCOM 16 CQB shown at the SHOT show. I think you could really do this gun justice! (here's the article with pictures if anyone's interested- http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/19/springfield-armory-introduces-improved-socom-308-rifle.html

It's on The List, only got one vote atm though. 

There's a list? Where is it?

There's a list? Where is it?

The List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/edit#gid=0(pre current voting cycle)

The Delicious Gun Pie: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I6QQisIkVHq2VxbC2MgoowdC8VbIsCh4hNZsmkK61Ps/pubchart?oid=434174366&format=interactive

Note that the MK 46 and MK 48 are probably the next guns to come out, they're being released as part of the SAW pack patch at the end of the month.  

• Like 2

The List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/edit#gid=0(pre current voting cycle)

The Delicious Gun Pie: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I6QQisIkVHq2VxbC2MgoowdC8VbIsCh4hNZsmkK61Ps/pubchart?oid=434174366&format=interactive

Note that the MK 46 and MK 48 are probably the next guns to come out, they're being released as part of the SAW pack patch at the end of the month.  

Wow...thats quite a list! And quite a pie ;) I have a lot of googling to do-there are several things on the list I have never even heard of...

• Like 1

The G36 is amazing, I'm using it with the BW mod and Kleiderhammer. One thing I feel it's missing is the G36A1 LMG variant with bipod and C-mag. Is this planned? Would be a great addon to the mod.

• Like 2

Congrats on the release of the three new weaponpacks Toadie! High quality work as always. I especially love the bolt action springfield. One thing I noticed about the G36 pack is how clean they are, they basically look like the rolled fresh off the H&K line. Will you consider adding batteworn variants to the pack (like RHS' ar series). Don't consider this a request though, I realize that would entail a great deal of work. I'm just asking because I saw how shiny and fancy your g36s were  :P

Most of the packs (all of the stuff since Toadie started building models from the ground up) are released with the source files. So if anyone wanted to make battle worn/camoed up versions, I'm pretty sure the door is open.  

I'm especially glad to see some quality animations. I assume it's the VR engine, but generally speaking, any and all animations in Arma 3 are clunky and weird. Despite this there are some A3 animations that are better than others, and yours are definitely some of those :)

Also just realized you can use C-mags, but naturally they don't actually show as C-mags... so I correct my earlier question by asking if you're considering a physical C-mags + bipod variant.

Small Bugreport (sorry if already known):

AG36: the grenadelauncher have a wrong scale, when setting it to 200m the grenade will drop before 200m

No weapon compatible with ACE huntir

Good stuff!

• Like 2

Greetings, not sure if it's been reported before or not, but the following RPT error is generated when using the SIG 510:

Audio Stream: Cannot load sound '\hlc_wp_sigamt\snd\amtswitch.wss'

Keep up the good work!

how does one vote on the different weapons?

You just have to be a patreon backer of any amount. If you're giving 5 or more bucks a month, you get to add something to the bottom of the list, if it's 10 bucks or more you get to add something to the list at slot 15 and when it eventually gets made you'll get a co-author credit. And then there's a huge gap between 10 bucks and 50 bucks that really needs a middle ground. 

Hey toadie2k!

I have taken a look at your CAT rig, and it looks pretty cool. However, the bones do not seem to move with other bones like in Alwarden's blender rig? Also, are you able to get a binocular bone in the rig? I would really love to animate some other parts of the character than just reloads. :)

Thanks,

Rawner135

Correct, unlike Alwarren's rig, I'm using a CAT rig on top, essentially to marionette the bones in a non-destructive way. To the second part-
as far as I'm aware (someone please correct me if it's not the case), the binoculars are just rigged to the right hand of the character, they don't have their own bone. Same goes for pistols.

And then there's a huge gap between 10 bucks and 50 bucks that really needs a middle ground.

Honestly, that's because I couldn't figure out any good middle-ground tiers that didn't weren't just placating platitudes.

Hey I was trying out the new G36s in the virtual arsenal and I noticed that the mag well and the lower receiver of all the models (except the K variant) have a gap in it which exposes the magazine. Its only a small issue but the rest of the gun is such good quality that it looks out of place.

Here's a screenshot in case you don't know what I'm talking about

Know about it.

Not sure if it's been reported to you before, but your M4 CQBR (VLTOR stock) , the one with Tigg's credited model, the PEQ's all mount on the lower rail, and the left side of the handguard, as opposed the top, and the right, looks like the proxy for rail slot might be wrong?

Yeah, I deliberately set the Accessory mounts to go weak-hand sided(which makes sense when running lights without pressure-pads),and that makes all dual accessory mounts appear upside down.

The G36 is amazing, I'm using it with the BW mod and Kleiderhammer. One thing I feel it's missing is the G36A1 LMG variant with bipod and C-mag. Is this planned? Would be a great addon to the mod.

Was considering it, still considering it. The problem is finding actual good references of the MG36 bipod mount... which isn't exactly common because the MG36 never took off.

I'm especially glad to see some quality animations. I assume it's the VR engine, but generally speaking, any and all animations in Arma 3 are clunky and weird.

Yeah, I think that comes down to the nature of how arma handles both the character and object animations repectively.

Greetings, not sure if it's been reported before or not, but the following RPT error is generated when using the SIG 510:

Audio Stream: Cannot load sound '\hlc_wp_sigamt\snd\amtswitch.wss'
Keep up the good work!

That's an odd one, especially considering the file is there. Huh. Will look into .

Anyway, just have to take my word on it for now(not ready to show off anything at this point), but I've started on the MG3s today.

Planned as part of it are-

static CSW versions

modernised KWS version

classic MG42 (again with a Lafette tripod Static version)

and MG14z (more or less two MG3s in one receiver, probably will be a Static mount weapon... probably.).

Plan to have vehicle-proxy-friendly LODS ship with each, so that should be good for vehicles that need a proper buzzsaw.

AAAND the HLC packs are all getting the updates on at-as-close-as-my-internet-will-let-me-to 3rd Feb. which'll include (on top of general fixes), G36 source files (which total in size more than the all the released HLC stuff combined on disk) and the new Whizz-bang CAT rig with additional character (Seriously, you have no idea how much having that there helps until you have it taken away from you), and the mysterious re-branding that I've talked about on twitter.

• Like 8

Was considering it, still considering it. The problem is finding actual good references of the MG36 bipod mount... which isn't exactly common because the MG36 never took off.

issn't this it?

vapentillbehor-src-mg36-g36-bipod-6819-c

• Like 1

That bipod on G36/MG36 is really simple - it mounts in front of the handguard with the Bipod pin

67bd11ffc1.png

see that bipod cut infront , that's where the bipod mounts

http://www.heckler-koch.com/typo3temp/pics/6c747603a1.png

http://www.begadishop.eu/catalog/images/begadi-zubehoer-g36-frontset-mit-bipod-details3.jpg

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/179068-installation-of-a-g36-bipod/#entry18266950

• Like 1

God, Vickers Tactical is so cringy.

Aimed at the civilian market, perhaps after you've been through CAG and open up your own tactical school and shooting classes, yours will be far more perfect. ;)

Cringy or not, his reputation is solid, and is globally known, He's a billion times better than that charlatan James Yeager!!

• Like 2

Aimed at the civilian market, perhaps after you've been through CAG and open up your own tactical school and shooting classes, yours will be far more perfect. ;)

Cringy or not, his reputation is solid, and is globally known, He's a billion times better than that charlatan James Yeager!!

I'm not saying anything about his tactical school, I wouldn't know. But his Web/TV show is cringy, which probably isn't his fault as I imagine he has someone else doing production. I don't understand the prevalence of generic rock music, constant fast cuts, binary explosive targets, reusing the same piece of footage multiple times and egregious slow motion in guns media. Who's the target audience and what's the appeal? I'm a civilian with an interest in military small arms but I like informative content. Every Vickers Tactical video about a gun is like 2 minutes of trivia I could have got from the brochure for the weapon in question and 5 minutes of slow motion and exploding targets. And I heavily suspect H&K is paying him to shill for them. Anyway, that's my little rant about that over.     

• Like 1

I'm not saying anything about his tactical school, I wouldn't know. But his Web/TV show is cringy, which probably isn't his fault as I imagine he has someone else doing production. I don't understand the prevalence of generic rock music, constant fast cuts, binary explosive targets, reusing the same piece of footage multiple times and egregious slow motion in guns media. Who's the target audience and what's the appeal? I'm a civilian with an interest in military small arms but I like informative content. Every Vickers Tactical video about a gun is like 2 minutes of trivia I could have got from the brochure for the weapon in question and 5 minutes of slow motion and exploding targets. And I heavily suspect H&K is paying him to shill for them. Anyway, that's my little rant about that over.     

considering he helped develop the HK416 I'd say they were paying him royalties, the rest  is just marketing, the music, the  slow mo's etc it works for him. ;)

• Like 1

Toadie, can you post G36 weapon pack classnames, that is, if you have them written down?

Toadie, can you post G36 weapon pack classnames, that is, if you have them written down?

the readme.txt

• Like 1

Hi there toadie, love your weapon pack, easily the best out there by a country mile, amazing work mate!!

I'm running your pack and CUP weapons on my server but I only use CUP for the M107 and AS50. I was wondering if you would consider adding both of these to your pack sometime in the future?

Of course I'd donate for your work if at all possible as I believe you would really do these 2 awesome rifles justice.

Kind regards F1.