toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

while i assume you will be taking a small break after releasing   3 packs in a row what weapons are you woking on next or do you plan on updating all other packs to 1.54 stranded first?

I don't know how up-to-date this List is, but it should give an approximate overview on what to expect.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/

According to Toadies twitter, he's taking a week or two off and then going onto the MG3's. ACR appears to have been kicked down the timeline, I assume because the other guns took longer then expected. 

Sick release mate, personally though, wouldnt it be easier for you to make weapons of a similar platform with the animations that are already done? Just a general question. Like for example, since you have awesome animations for the AR15 platform, wouldnt it be easier for you just to model a 416/417 and slap on the same animations before making a weapon pack with totally different animation? Please dont get me wrong where I'm telling you what to do, but Im just curious as this would be my thought process. God speed Toadie. 

Sick release mate, personally though, wouldnt it be easier for you to make weapons of a similar platform with the animations that are already done? Just a general question. Like for example, since you have awesome animations for the AR15 platform, wouldnt it be easier for you just to model a 416/417 and slap on the same animations before making a weapon pack with totally different animation? Please dont get me wrong where I'm telling you what to do, but Im just curious as this would be my thought process. God speed Toadie. 

Animations aren't actually the most work intensive part of putting weapons in game, at least for magazine fed weapons. And besides, such is Toadie's wonderful and insane attention to detail that even in his AR-15 pack, where most of the weapons could get away with sharing a single reload, he still added multiple ones.   

Hey Toadie2k! Ever thought of using your talent on some Diemco/Colt Canada C7s? :) 

Excellent work, brother!

Dear Toadie,

Thanks a lot for all these excellent weapons, especially for the Stgw57, which reminds me compulsory military service ;) 

By the way, I saw two pictures on Armaholic web site showing a soldier wearing taz83-type swiss army camo (http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/hlc-sig-sg510s-version-10-2_4.jpg). Do you intend to release this soldier/camo to the public (needless to say, I'm very interested in it to play with the stgw57)?

Thanks again and best regards!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey luckylegs , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

banner-420x120.png

Hey irving_mainway , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

Dear Toadie,

Thanks a lot for all these excellent weapons, especially for the Stgw57, which reminds me compulsory military service ;)

By the way, I saw two pictures on Armaholic web site showing a soldier wearing taz83-type swiss army camo (http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/hlc-sig-sg510s-version-10-2_4.jpg). Do you intend to release this soldier/camo to the public (needless to say, I'm very interested in it to play with the stgw57)?

Thanks again and best regards!

IIRC, It was a custom uniform made specifically for the FP Arma modpack.
We did remove it from our modpack when we replaced RHS with CUP, since that uniform in particular depended on an uniform model from RHS.
  • Like 1

banner-420x120.png

Hey toadie2k , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Just because nobody has asked in a while, what's the status of the HLC FAL and G3 packs that needed updating because of some performance issues? I remember seeing a post which said you were working on it, has it taken backseat priority because of supporters requesting new stuff?

After the prone lean or "urban prone" stance (prone, then adjust stance to right or left) animation was changed by BIS, HLC gun's reload animation when prone leaning to the right makes your character clip under the floor 

glitch_hlc_2.jpg

I really wish it would be cleaned up, though. There's a lot of duplicate entries on there and many weapons that when voted up would be part of one pack (like the HK416A5 and HK416D10RS rifles that are listed separately but will almost certainly be made together as part of a big HK416 pack, or the several Sten listings, which again applies.)

I understand why it's difficult to do a complete redesign because it would screw up the voting system but still, a clean and refined list for 2016 that preserves the order would be nice.

Something like this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1olqN7-nVM3IoKwFDKVhmBnAHQWWkeWRkH6CzDXaUUf0/edit?usp=sharing

It preserves the order from before but combines repetitive entries for guns that would probably be created together (such as the Mosin Nagant 91/30 and its carbine variants) and deletes obsolete listings (like the AWM & M1903 Springfield already finished) or repetitive ones (like the KAC SR-47 listed twice.) I also fixed a bunch of the spelling errors that might cause confusion.

• Like 1

You should definitely add SVD Dragunov sniper rifle. It most certainly deserves to be added, it's well-known rifle with big reputation behind it. 

You should definitely add SVD Dragunov sniper rifle. It most certainly deserves to be added, it's well-known rifle with big reputation behind it. 

You should definitely go do the same thing as everyone else that wants something on the list and become a Patreon. I'm currently giving $25 bucks a (up from 20 as of tonight) to contribute to getting stuff made, and keeping things ticking at $250 a month. I'm currently flirting with the idea of doubling that. I find people just rolling in with requests a little bothersome when some of us have bothered to actually put cash down towards the operation.

You should definitely go do the same thing as everyone else that wants something on the list and become a Patreon. I'm currently giving $25 bucks a (up from 20 as of tonight) to contribute to getting stuff made, and keeping things ticking at $250 a month. I'm currently flirting with the idea of doubling that. I find people just rolling in with requests a little bothersome when some of us have bothered to actually put cash down towards the operation.

First of all, this here is a mod community, not a BI company itself. Secondly, it's a suggestion not a request. Thirdly, I'd support financially people who invest their time into adding new content however I'm not employed. Finally, while I appreciate your actions to the author's work, I do not appreciate you patronizing me. So let's leave it at that. Modding the game is on voluntary basis, neither me or anyone else has put a gun barrel on his head forcing him to do anything. OK?

• Like 1

First of all, this here is a mod community, not a BI company itself. Secondly, it's a suggestion not a request. Thirdly, I'd support financially people who invest their time into adding new content however I'm not employed. Finally, while I appreciate your actions to the author's work, I do not appreciate you patronizing me. So let's leave it at that. Modding the game is on voluntary basis, neither me or anyone else has put a gun barrel on his head forcing him to do anything. OK?

It's quite clearly a request, and that's putting it mildly, the tone wasn't "could you put this in the game" it was "you aught to".

I'm not employed either. I still put money down before I started swinging suggestions around, and I'd be prepared to put even more down. And it often bothers me that I can't afford to put down as much as Toadie deserves.

And yes, modding is voluntary. So Toadie would have had the full right to ignore the wishes of anyone else and went ahead just putting in the the guns he wanted and doing anything else purely on commission. But he's more generous then that. And he put a system in place that would allow people to get the guns they'd like to see made made, for a fraction of what a commission would cost.

And I work within the framework provided. If you aren't willing to do that, you shouldn't be trying to get things on the list.    

• Like 1

It's quite clearly a request, and that's putting it mildly, the tone wasn't "could you put this in the game" it was "you aught to".

I'm not employed either. I still put money down before I started swinging suggestions around, and I'd be prepared to put even more down. And it often bothers me that I can't afford to put down as much as Toadie deserves.

And yes, modding is voluntary. So Toadie would have had the full right to ignore the wishes of anyone else and went ahead just putting in the the guns he wanted and doing anything else purely on commission. But he's more generous then that. And he put a system in place that would allow people to get the guns they'd like to see made made, for a fraction of what a commission would cost.

And I work within the framework provided. If you aren't willing to do that, you shouldn't be trying to get things on the list.    

I surely do not have to explain myself to you, nor do I owe anything to you - I stated my case, it's none of my business you do not understand modal verbs. Also you are indeed unable to comprehend what I said and what "modding is voluntary" means. Bottom line is, the presence and commenting on this forum and topic is free, so I shall write whatever I please as long as I do not violate forum rules. Now, I shall ask you politely to mind your own business. You got that? 

• Like 1

Aye, modding is voluntary, so don't tell Toadie he "should definitely add SVD Dragunov sniper rifle."

Aye, modding is voluntary, so don't tell Toadie he "should definitely add SVD Dragunov sniper rifle."

My god, you are indeed a nuisance and a troll. I am not here to teach you English language however. Therefore, do read and learn before you speak.

http://www.englishpage.com/modals/should.html

Modal Use Should - recommendation, advisability 

• Like 1

Good to know that your rudeness extends to all things. "Should definitely" implies that something ought to be done. It's a request. Toadie has put a system in place to integrate requests into the workflow. Your request was not made within that system. Thus it was a highly improper post. Which offended me, someone who does work within the systems Toadie puts in place. Has that adequately explained the problem to you?          

I don't actually usually mind when people barge in with a "request". Because it's usually harmless ignorance. But in your case, the list was being discussed on the same page. Do you know what the $5 a month backer reward is? Getting to put an Item on the list. If Toadies work isn't worth the cost of a sandwich a month to you. Why are you making requests?

Good to know that your rudeness extends to all things. "Should definitely" implies that something ought to be done. It's a request. Toadie has put a system in place to integrate requests into the workflow. Your request was not made within that system. Thus it was a highly improper post. Which offended me, someone who does work within the systems Toadie puts in place. Has that adequately explained the problem to you?          

I don't actually usually mind when people barge in with a "request". Because it's usually harmless ignorance. But in your case, the list was being discussed on the same page. Do you know what the $5 a month backer reward is? Getting to put an Item on the list. If Toadies work isn't worth the cost of a sandwich a month to you. Why are you making requests?

You just dont get it, do you? I dont care about some list. I dont care if he adds SVD or not - there is already SVD and SVU model from another person. I dont care about you, your feelings, or your opinion - since you are bothering me here the whole time while being the one who doesnt understand simple English, and you assume things in that head of yours. I dont know why you picked me (out of all people who post suggestions on this topic) for your constant blabbering about some list with your useless comments, and frankly I do not care. I made a recommendation for a new weapon to be added, not a request or a demand. Now pay attention to this part: If he wants to add it - fine. If he doesnt want to add it (now or ever) it's fine too - it's up to him, and not you, to either follow the recommendation or dismiss it. And you definitely will not decide what I write here on the forum. Now, I'd really appreciate if you'd stop this futile conversation since it's obvious you're the one who has problems understanding, and on top of it all, it is unrelated to the topic. Savvy?

• Like 2

Guys, come on, chill out. There's no need to get narky here.

The way I see it, you're both taking this from opposite ends of expectations- War Lord is saying that contributing to the patreon and getting something on the work list is basically holding me to account of guarenteeing that specific thing being done, whereas lecter is suggesting that I do it of my own volition if I were interested.

Here's patented Toadie middleground answer- as much as I would basically like to model every gun ever and say yes to all open requests here, it's not practical by a long shot.Short answer, if it's not on the list, absolutely no guarantees that it'll be done. List = certified development time will be earmarked.

• Like 1

So you think that because you've stated you're paying someone currently $250 a month, and bragging about doubling it, actually makes you somewhat better than anyone else who either contributes to toadies Patreon ?

You've actually made up my mind for me in NOT contributing, I had thought seriously about it, but you're bragging just ruined it for me, Toadie is a great modeller and animator, but there's other modellers out there who would take comissions to built a specific weapon for A3. It's not a competition, and if you're willing to throw $500 a month it shows you're disingenuous to the guys who maybe can't afford that much.

For $500 bucks a month, that would get you a 3d artists course, and you'd be able to make your own models. maybe if you're good enough, your models would fetch a nice price on the gaming market. 

It's a crying shame you chose to turn this into a competition into who's Toadies biggest sponsor.  :rolleyes: