toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Damn, the Springfield is sexy! Only thing though, the zeroing to 1810 m is a little bit high, isn't it? And the recoils should be higher.

Edit: I am also missing the possibility to add a bipod.

Damn, the Springfield is sexy! Only thing though, the zeroing to 1810 m is a little bit high, isn't it? And the recoils should be higher.

Bolt-action rifles of that time did have zeroing to that kind of range to allow for semi-accurate volley fire, and it's firing a full power 30-06 cartridge, it should have plenty of kick.

Bolt-action rifles of that time did have zeroing to that kind of range to allow for semi-accurate volley fire, and it's firing a full power 30-06 cartridge, it should have plenty of kick.

Basically that. I was going to have them actually functional, buuut functionality issues held that back from being useful. Also, FWIW to anyone, the zeroing increments are near-as-practical for 100 yards, as on the real thing.

Thanks for the info! ;)

The Springfield is a thing of beauty, many thanks for this.

Great work on the G36s and 1903s, really loving both!

A couple of bugs i encountered with the G36, the KE uses the V series' reload animation with the bolt release instead of the A1/E's charging handle animation

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/353896369566772593/5999FA8CF5753D238B0A8ADF98A906ED42F3732C/

While the G36-MLI© full size, it's bolt is missing in first person when the magazine is empty

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/353896369566772443/1DAB9C3DF33AC684DF1DA759642033ABAF1B2D08/

Lastly the sights and the muzzle on the AG36 do not seem to be aligned correctly with BIS default ballistics in the current stable version, when I use the 100m sighting increment it falls 50m short with BIS 40mm HE ammunition, while the 50m increment lands between 40 and 20m short. The higher increments fell consistently 50m short of the target at their stated distance when shot at the chest, except 400m which a doesnt exist and b i couldn't get a good picture for and aimed high. It still fell short. Afterwards i used a 50m increment higher against each target and it worked flawlessly at each increment. This test was done with the A1 and also applies to the V GL and the MLI GL, which i didn't screen cap

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/353896369566839555/E7384AB9EA6864F5E0E50FB3DD9F4A3F76137646/

(i approached the 500m target each time in the below shot to exact increment, hence the different shot points and close landing points)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/353896369566840805/26F34BB3E7518CF9C1BCB2E8D6409FBCD4783A91/

Still, i very much enjoy the mods, and I thank you for giving us these beautiful weapons, i look forward to the sigs :)

I also would like to point out about the whole bolt melting thing before the jokes end up stale, that the german army is using the G36A1 and A2 which have no internal difference, and that the M16 and L85 on their first version were pieces of junk, and the FAMAS F1 still is. The Germans never fixed the problem since they hadn't been in combat with the weapon until Afghanistan, nor had any G36 user. Don't whale on it too hard when our own weapons also started out as crap. And G36V users report no similar problems thus far (and i imagine they tired hard when they heard the news) so it's just an issue with early models it seems. The XM8 never had this issue as it used a modified and simplified M16 bolt, which was distinct from the G36 bolt if only slightly, and its furniture was made of a more heat resistant polymer than the G36's so there wouldn't have been any melting problems. Yes it may have been a dressed up G36 but the G36 is a good weapon despite its teething troubles, which were just as bad with every other first try 5.56 service weapon except the AUG. The Germans just didn't fix theirs because they hadn't used it heavily until now and I imagine H&K will sooner or later go mad with armorer kits.

• Like 1

Great looking weapon, Toadie! Having a M1903A3, I may say this is damn near perfect. I managed to take some screenshots with Iron Front A3 as well.F587AB03A8BD35C4FF7C5795AFF5A72911C0861921C77431A352BC2A7F0D7AFEC777E44F71514F0EC237B5B4A1EF6F759F0C52B8291F055941107E9BB0EA6DFDFFA08A4D1474F2C6E52EDB1C5BD6D8C4

• Like 1

LAST Present, and the first one that was technically finished-

The SIG SG510 Rifle Family

http://imgur.com/a/9TtQL

Download

Soo that makes what.. 27 unique rifle combinations for 3 months work. I'd say that's honestly not a bad work effort.

• Like 9

Outstanding work dude!!

Thank you for the huge efforts,and a happy new year :)

Holy shit, it's a Toadie content holiday.

Just a quick question, am I right in thinking I saw an MG36 in one of the indevelopment screenshots for the G36 packs?

Wow, I never thought seeing the Fass 57 in a video game.

Very nice thank you ! :lol:

Holy shit, it's a Toadie content holiday.

Just a quick question, am I right in thinking I saw an MG36 in one of the indevelopment screenshots for the G36 packs?

The C-mag is still there, but I never got around to making the dedicated Bipod for it.

Wow, I never thought seeing the Fass 57 in a video game.

Very nice thank you ! :lol:

Whats funny is in the time between when I started research for it and now, BF Hardline somehow managed to sneak in a horrible bastardised one in a DLC(*shakes fist*), so 2015 technically is the year that the SG510 got it's FIRST and SECOND video game appearances ever, but I standby mine still being better. Funny that (I'm onto you DICE *glare*)

Aaaw shit, I don't really follow Hardline (despite owning it), so I didn't know that.

But I don't care, like you say, yours is better. ;)

(Forgive me if this is intrusive, I'm not sure if I could really word it to not sound like it)

Regarding the G36's and the default factory sight being it's current zoom mode, is it at all possible to see the default sight be put as 1.5x and then have the current standard zoom set as an attachment in the future? It just came to my mind while I was testing right now that players/communities that don't use magnified optics may not use the the best G36's (being the A1s of course!) due to the increased zoom, they would then use the *shudders* modern G36's (don't get me wrong the model representation is superb but how can you beat the old school?)

Does something like a inbuilt sight have a simple config change to effect magnification? If so I'd happily go learn some ARMA modding know-how and with your permission release a micro-edit mod to change that while still keeping the base pack as a dependency. Just so it doesn't effect those who do prefer the current default zoom while still being usable by scopeless groups but not losing the use of the A1 altogether, vive la A1!

I know the zoom levels aren't super different but it's interesting how much more you can spot with that magnification increase.

(Forgive me if this is intrusive, I'm not sure if I could really word it to not sound like it)

Regarding the G36's and the default factory sight being it's current zoom mode, is it at all possible to see the default sight be put as 1.5x and then have the current standard zoom set as an attachment in the future? It just came to my mind while I was testing right now that players/communities that don't use magnified optics may not use the the best G36's (being the A1s of course!) due to the increased zoom, they would then use the *shudders* modern G36's (don't get me wrong the model representation is superb but how can you beat the old school?)

Does something like a inbuilt sight have a simple config change to effect magnification? If so I'd happily go learn some ARMA modding know-how and with your permission release a micro-edit mod to change that while still keeping the base pack as a dependency. Just so it doesn't effect those who do prefer the current default zoom while still being usable by scopeless groups but not losing the use of the A1 altogether, vive la A1!

I know the zoom levels aren't super different but it's interesting how much more you can spot with that magnification increase.

Well, you can simply create a Config Patch that simply Adjusts the Zoom FOV for the weapons to a value you and your community wants.
Such Config Patches are not that hard to make.

You can use the Arma 3 Config Viewer in the Editor to look for the Value you want to edit. IIRC, it's the opticsZoomInit, opticsZoomMax and opticsZoomMin properties of the Weapon / Scope you want to adjust.

Here's some links that might get you going.

These packs are incredible and I can't imagine playing Arma without them now.

Thank you for all of your hard work!

Fun fact, I.. I can't edit my first post. Weird. Anyhoo.

Merry (belated) Christmas. This is the first of three presents you'll see drop here in the next 48 hours.

Contents -

• 18 (!) different variations of the G36s, encompassing it's history and it's place in the fictional future of Arma3
  • 8 scopes: two models, two different zoom levels, 2D versions
  • ACE Advanced Ballistics support.
  • Custom GL animations on top of regular ones.

Primary Download

End of the third present, I'll drop links for the source files.

A rather nice weapon pack, and can you please post classnames for the rifles and accessories from this pack mate? Thanks.

After using the G36 for awhile i noticed that a "classic" G36KA4 as used by german Paratrooper and KSK is missing in the pack.

It basically uses the IdZ Stock, together with a KSK Rail and the Rail System you are using on your G36MLI.

It would be awesome if you would add them to the game.

Loving your mods Toadie, and looking forward to seeing much more content from you!

One thing I'd like to ask is if we'll have any chance of seeing SCARs, or LSATs from you?

I'm an LMG guy, so the more the merrier, and SCARs are pretty well-proven.

Hey Toadie!

Damn I love your weapon-packs! :D

And when you released the G36-pack it was like heaven for me!

I'm wondering if you have any plans on doing the SIG SG550-series?

Hey Toadie!

Damn I love your weapon-packs! :D

And when you released the G36-pack it was like heaven for me!

I'm wondering if you have any plans on doing the SIG SG550-series?

The SIG SG 550 is somewhere in the TODO List.

while i assume you will be taking a small break after releasing   3 packs in a row what weapons are you woking on next or do you plan on updating all other packs to 1.54 stranded first?