toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Oh right, I think I read your post too quickly and assumed I knew what you were talking about. Oops! :D

That's actually a pretty good question :)

Toadie, tell me are there any plans to add arsenal icons to your weapons packs? I would really like to see them :)

• Like 3

Is there any way to configure seperate reloada animations when bipods are deployed? I'm thinking some of them look  a little off, lifting the whole barrel with the bipod up in the air.

IIRC, toadie's RPK had a separate reload anim for prone. Could be wrong.

In two parts- all my weapons have a separate animation sequence for prone, if I didn't, if anyone remembers the GP prone reload bug on the earliest version of the AKs? that happens. I just add a little variety to the prone reloads because I'm a filthy showoff. TMYK.

To the other more interesting part- Yes it is possible to do deployed sequences too, but they're forked off the crouched stance. How that translates if the player's deployed but standing, not sure. But I'm trying them out with he G36s. If it works well enough, I'll see about retrofitting the stances to the other animations, and keeping it as part of the animation feature set going ahead.

Toadie, tell me are there any plans to add arsenal icons to your weapons packs? I would really like to see them :)

yes, there are plans, expect them to rollout early January when I patch everything that isn't a new release.

Other news, brace brace brace.

8NuA1LS.gif

• Like 5

Looking good, although I'm not sure if it's because it's a featureless grey void, but the head movement seems kinda excessive. Don't think any of the vanilla A3 animations has head movement at all.

you'll have to trust me because I've got no proof, but it's no less than my RPK animations, and yeah it'll be less noticable in game.

@toadle I played yesterday with your m14 (only wood version no optics) on the new Unsung terrain, it was fantastic very immersive..... when will be out Tanoa, your weapons (especially in wood) will give soul to whole game

​thanks for your work!

Is there a reason the HLC Aug pack isn't uploaded by you in the workshop? Would be very nice if it would be there ,too.

I can't decide whether this is the ugliest gun I've ever seen, or the second prettiest gun I've ever seen. 

99006CEFD9D9A9AB1E34AE1017E6E308E32051F7

• Like 4

Personally? 

Probably the HK416a5 in black. Most AR-15 type rifles are lookers in my opinion but there's just something about the sharp curves on a HK416A5. I like HK stuff in general, they tend to get stick from the civilian market but that's because they don't cater to the civilian market. The HK name still means a balence of looks, price and quality. Even if the German government insists on slandering them for political gain.    

Toadie should really go to the gym and get big arms

*Badum Tssssssss*

***Uninstalling Operating System***

But seriously those G36's made me do dirty things.

Personally? 

Probably the HK416a5 in black. Most AR-15 type rifles are lookers in my opinion but there's just something about the sharp curves on a HK416A5. I like HK stuff in general, they tend to get stick from the civilian market but that's because they don't cater to the civilian market. The HK name still means a balence of looks, price and quality. Even if the German government insists on slandering them for political gain.    

The M27 IAR is my personal favorite rifle. Hopefully toadie does one when the 416s inevitably hit the top of the list.

I'm wondering if Toadie will make a SiG 516, which is also a gas/piston operated rifle, currently being sported by the UK's Metropolitan Counter Terrorism unit ?

Fun fact, I.. I can't edit my first post. Weird. Anyhoo.
Merry (belated) Christmas. This is the first of three presents you'll see drop here in the next 48 hours.

http://imgur.com/a/Sw0Ek

Contents -

• 18 (!) different variations of the G36s, encompassing it's history and it's place in the fictional future of Arma3
  • 8 scopes: two models, two different zoom levels, 2D versions
  • ACE Advanced Ballistics support.
  • Custom GL animations on top of regular ones.

Primary Download

End of the third present, I'll drop links for the source files.

• Like 11

hey toadie,

was there a reason to not include G36k variants with grenade launcher?

or tracer ammo?

but everything else is stunning as usual :-)

Shit, the drool is messing up my keyboard!! :D very nice indeed Toadie, another mega addon. :D

Got two errors to report:

- Needs the AUG pack; given that most people would be using the rest of your weapon packs anyway I would assume this is intentional?

Warning Message: Cannot load texture hlc_wp_aug\tex\philibust_a3\wangchung\bullet_co.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture hlc_wp_aug\tex\philibust_a3\wangchung\bullet_nohq.paa.

- Deploying any of the G36's that have a bipod slot (without attaching a bipod) will give you this error:

bipodrail_unhide - unknown animation source hasBipod

Got two errors to report:

- Needs the AUG pack; given that most people would be using the rest of your weapon packs anyway I would assume this is intentional?

Warning Message: Cannot load texture hlc_wp_aug\tex\philibust_a3\wangchung\bullet_co.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture hlc_wp_aug\tex\philibust_a3\wangchung\bullet_nohq.paa.

- Deploying any of the G36's that have a bipod slot (without attaching a bipod) will give you this error:

bipodrail_unhide - unknown animation source hasBipod

First one.. no. That's new and shouldn't be the case. I'm goint to run my RVMATs and meshes and find them just in case, but no, all you should need is core.

Second one, That BI's fault. According to their own wiki that should be fine, but like mag groups, it doesn't SEEM to be working currently.

What?

I think he's talking about the ironsight zoom changes, so no, at the moment, it's just the G36s. When I get some time to myself to actually get round to patching things, I'll fix everything else.

Anyway, quoting myself for better visibility on a new page.

Fun fact, I.. I can't edit my first post. Weird. Anyhoo.

Merry (belated) Christmas. This is the first of three presents you'll see drop here in the next 48 hours.

http://imgur.com/a/Sw0Ek

Contents -

• 18 (!) different variations of the G36s, encompassing it's history and it's place in the fictional future of Arma3
  • 8 scopes: two models, two different zoom levels, 2D versions
  • ACE Advanced Ballistics support.
  • Custom GL animations on top of regular ones.

Armaholic Link

Primary Download

End of the third present, I'll drop links for the source files.

• Like 3

Congratulations on the next release!

One further step into eternity - your the Best!