toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

I want to report that after the 1.54 update the MP5's no longer fire 3 rnd burst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just noticed: the hlc_rhs_compat_m60e4.pbo disables the rhs M240 completely.

Can't wait for the G36 btw. :D

• Like 1

Just noticed: the hlc_rhs_compat_m60e4.pbo disables the rhs M240 completely.

Can't wait for the G36 btw. :D

So that's why the M240 from RHS is missing. I've been trying to figure that out since the last RHS update. I thought they "hid" it like the Mk18 and Block II's.

I want to report that after the 1.54 update the MP5's no longer fire 3 rnd burst.

Hate to quote myself, but I just wanted to update that I've seen on the CBA thread that it's actually CBA causing this and not the 1.54 update. I'm sure you already know that (Toadie) but just in case I thought I'd post =)

Hate to quote myself, but I just wanted to update that I've seen on the CBA thread that it's actually CBA causing this and not the 1.54 update. I'm sure you already know that (Toadie) but just in case I thought I'd post =)

Wrong. It's a bug in ACE and will be fixed in 3.4.1. https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2918

• Like 1

Now that better underbarrel grenade launchers animations are possbile, will you improve them on your weapons ,too?

• Like 1

Wonderful Toadie, just wonderful :)

I really like and appreciate your work. Aaaaan i can´t wait to get my hands on the G36 :)

After going through a lot of the CUP pages I was getting curious about a certain aspect: mod donations.

Question: will some or all of the HLC weapons be donated to CUP, similar to how the SAW was donated to RHS, or will the HLC arsenal remain largely independent?

Would be amazing to see the CUP Bundeswehr troops running about with the latest HLC G36.  :wub:

Question: will some or all of the HLC weapons be donated to CUP, similar to how the SAW was donated to RHS, or will the HLC arsenal remain largely independent?Ho

Hopefully not. Nothing against CUP, but their policy on modularity is, quite frankly, crap. With HLC we can use every part of the mods to our likings and independently. CUP doesn't offer this possibility.

If you want certain mod units to have weapons from a different mod, write a config that adds other weapons to their loadouts. It's not that difficult.
  • Like 1

If you want certain mod units to have weapons from a different mod, write a config that adds other weapons to their loadouts. It's not that difficult.

Yeah, already done that a couple of times for smaller projects. My question was more a curiosity thing regarding the HLC stance on donations, due to the SAW already being within RHS and CUP recently acquiring a lot of 3rd party mods - wasn't really looking for a "how to" guide.

Still, thanks for sharing the link.  ;)

[...]similar to how the SAW was donated to RHS, or will the HLC arsenal remain largely independent?[...]

toadie is part of the RHS...

• Like 1

Hi, Toadie, I like your addon. Can I ask you a question? When you add "tactical"  AK? Something like this: 
fvQagQQzdXA.jpg

Hi, Toadie, I like your addon. Can I ask you a question? When you add "tactical"  AK? Something like this: 

Modernized AKM/AK74 rifles are on the list... but at the very bottom.

The pack already has an AK-12 in various configs that are super modular so those could suit your purposes.

Yeah, already done that a couple of times for smaller projects. My question was more a curiosity thing regarding the HLC stance on donations, due to the SAW already being within RHS and CUP recently acquiring a lot of 3rd party mods - wasn't really looking for a "how to" guide.

Still, thanks for sharing the link.  ;)

So the general gist is still that everything I make/have made since Feb 2014 for A3 is open source once it's released. Material that's in A3 game-ready formats are covered by APL, and sources that aren't are under CC-NC-SA. With that in mind, I don't really have any issue with CUP using that stuff if they want to(and they have already asked about it, for what it's worth).  Stuff before that is still kind of on a case-by-case due to there being other authors and terms to deal with. And yes, like Pufu said, I'm a contributor to RHS, which is why they got the SAW close to in-step with the HLC release.

I couldn't give you a fixed date on when Tactical AKs will happen, only that they will at some point. Patreon backer interest has been pretty low so I would say probably later rather than sooner.100 Series AKs.. not even thought about doing, maybe thats a thing that needs to change? The problem with doing any Tactical AK or AR15 stuff is the aftermarket parts and accessory pools for both rifle types are massive- I could spend a year JUST doing alternate parts sets and still not have done everything, which would upset someone. To say nothing of the practical and performance concerns about getting that many variations in gear in game... if you thought the Steyr AUGs in 3 colours,configurations and iterations was cluttering arsenal, you ain't seen nothing until there's 30x5x15 AKs.

When Tactical AKs get brought up, Zenit rails are certainly on the A-list of stuff that will certainly be done, because they're in the wild already.

Also, someone asked about GL reload animations, but I can't find the post. To answer - Yes. Might not be all of them in the next update, but I do plan to make use of it.

And, not to waste a chance to plug a recent picture - https://twitter.com/toadie2k/status/677047108877160448/photo/1G36s are really close to go-time.

• Like 3

I'm a contributor to RHS, which is why they got the SAW close to in-step with the HLC release.

Can you give RHS and your AKS-74U?

That would be good.

Don't suppose you've made any more progress on that side burner-ed MK 48 machine gun Toadie?

@toadie - correct on the AK74 RIS, but since izmash is already updating with some picatinny rail from the get go (AK74MR or AK74M3 depends on who you ask - which is basically an ak74m + universal upgrade kit), there is less of an issue of what aftermarket part to choose from (zenit being the first provided amongst the special forces and police units).

Can you give RHS and your AKS-74U?
That would be good.

we could have requested that from him, but we would rather prefer to have custom content made for amra, just like toadie does these days, rather than CS ports.

So the general gist is still that everything I make/have made since Feb 2014 for A3 is open source once it's released. Material that's in A3 game-ready formats are covered by APL, and sources that aren't are under CC-NC-SA. With that in mind, I don't really have any issue with CUP using that stuff if they want to(and they have already asked about it, for what it's worth).  Stuff before that is still kind of on a case-by-case due to there being other authors and terms to deal with. And yes, like Pufu said, I'm a contributor to RHS, which is why they got the SAW close to in-step with the HLC release.

Thank you for the comprehensive answer.  ^_^

@toadie - correct on the AK74 RIS, but since izmash is already updating with some picatinny rail from the get go (AK74MR or AK74M3 depends on who you ask - which is basically an ak74m + universal upgrade kit), there is less of an issue of what aftermarket part to choose from (zenit being the first provided amongst the special forces and police units).

we could have requested that from him, but we would rather prefer to have custom content made for amra, just like toadie does these days, rather than CS ports.

Basically that from me too. When I get around to AK gear that RHS wants but hasn't got, certainly they'll get it.

• Like 1

Hey Toadie, first of all the size of the grin on my face when I saw the G36's was too damn high.

Secondly I found a small issue with the classic M60 bipod wherein there is some transparency going on as shown badly here: http://imgur.com/0QapIQ1

Is there any way to configure seperate reloada animations when bipods are deployed? I'm thinking some of them look  a little off, lifting the whole barrel with the bipod up in the air.

Is there any way to configure seperate reloada animations when bipods are deployed? I'm thinking some of them look  a little off, lifting the whole barrel with the bipod up in the air.

IIRC, toadie's RPK had a separate reload anim for prone. Could be wrong.

Yeah I know prone reloads are a thing, but if you're standing up with the bipod deployed, the standing or crouching animation will still be used. Maybe it's because it defaults to that or it's because there is no seperate bipod deployed reload animation option. I'm not sure which one.