toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

An osprey is in the guide, that doesn't mean either are going to be available, the only code related to shotguns in the game atm is legacy from Arma 2 and some config testing.

Yes, there are Arma 2 assets and it denotes where they are used in the guide. There was a KSG in an old Arma 3 screenshot and it's in the guide as the Bulldog and it does not note that it is from an older game. I'm only basing my references on stuff that has been seen in Arma 3. Albeit this shot is very old, when BLUFOR had the current CSAT gloves but it's been in game: http://www.hardcoreshooter.com/wp-content/gallery/arma-iii/lighting_2.jpg and the gun matches the Bulldog from the guide, seen from my earlier post.

An osprey is in the guide, that doesn't mean either are going to be available, the only code related to shotguns in the game atm is legacy from Arma 2 and some config testing.

Well, VTOL aircraft has been confirmed in the Arma 3 Roadmap, so an osprey might come along with the shotguns on the Apex expansion.

Guest HellGhost

There's an HK MP5/10 under the HK53, I don't think there's ever been an MP5-A10. The MP5/10 comes up on the latest HLC mods for me.

There is a MP5/A10 since the first release of the MP5 Pack.

Actually, it's in the MP5 Pack, not in the HK53 Pack, and I used the last update.

To have the MP5/A10 visible, I just used the "scope" command in a config' file to get it visible.

So, the MP5/A10 is still in MP5 Pack but for an unknown reason it's not visible anymore visibly.

And it correctly work.

So, that must be something else.

There is a MP5/A10 since the first release of the MP5 Pack.

Actually, it's in the MP5 Pack, not in the HK53 Pack, and I used the last update.

To have the MP5/A10 visible, I just used the "scope" command in a config' file to get it visible.

So, the MP5/A10 is still in MP5 Pack but for an unknown reason it's not visible anymore visibly.

And it correctly work.

So, that must be something else.

You mean MP5/10? To my knowledge, there's never been an MP5/A10

Yeah, that's weird. The scope is being inherited as "public", so it should be visible in Arsenal. But it isn't, so there's something tweaking with that... I'll get that sorted, whatever is going on there.

That KAC-fitted G36C is one of the oddest, but coolest takes on the platform I've ever seen. Wow.

If you think that's odd, you should see my attempt to get the G36 into the Arma3 canon -

http://imgur.com/a/PyLuj

(right down the bottom)

I took my magazine specs straight off the A3 one, and the Magwell is a combo of the HKS243 STANAG mag well and the MX's more shallow one.

• Like 11

Did anyone used AWM rifle with ACE advanced ballistics? What are the settings for the AtragMx? Im really looking forward for some help, this is an awesome gun.

Did anyone used AWM rifle with ACE advanced ballistics? What are the settings for the AtragMx? Im really looking forward for some help, this is an awesome gun.

Hey.

Open up the configs with config viewer, copy and paste all necessary bullet parameters somewhere, then put them in ATrag. Keep in mind to use correct muzzle velocity - some bullets have couple of them listed for different barrel lengths.

Look up barrell twist on the 1st page of this thread - Toadie has posted these parameters. Type it down and save in ATrag.

Use this tool to convert G7 entries in bullet config to G1 drag approximation, which is inputable in ACE's ATrag as a "new entry". Save in ATrag and you're done.

When replacing some existing entries, take care, because some of them have been put there by Ruthberg and they use G7 instead of C1. G1 is good enough approximation of C1 to get you on target, even on pretty extreme ranges.

Guest HellGhost

Yeah, that's weird. The scope is being inherited as "public", so it should be visible in Arsenal. But it isn't, so there's something tweaking with that... I'll get that sorted, whatever is going on there.

I solved the issue by adding the line :

scope = 2;

Using the file for rename/adjust suppressors after getting the authorization from Toadie of course.

And doing like that, it's visible again.

OH MY GOD!

Toadie, will you marry me?! Such a beautiful piece of art, and you even considered my weird "what if" variant! I freakin' love you! (note: only half of this love related talk comes from the few beers I had tonight :D )

Pure awesomeium! all the best of luck with your projects!

Thank you arkhir for the reply. I still need some explanations. Cause i really dont want to mess it up. Maybe it will be useful for some people.

So lets presume that i use the mk248 mod1 round.

class HLC_300WM_BTHP : HLC_300WM_BTSP {
        hit = 18.9791;
        typicalSpeed = 899.2;
        airFriction = -0.00066395;
        caliber = 0.531055;
        deflecting = 19;
        visibleFire = 3.25;    // how much is visible when this weapon is fired
        audibleFire = 8;
        visibleFireTime = 0.75;    // how long is it visible
        maxspeed = 990;    // max speed on level road, km/h
        timeToLive = 12;
        ACE_caliber = 7.823;
        ACE_bulletLength = 37.821;
        ACE_bulletMass = 14.256;
        ACE_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[] = {-5.3, -5.1, -4.6, -4.2, -3.4, -2.6, -1.4, -0.3, 1.4, 3, 5.2};
        ACE_ballisticCoefficients[] = {0.31};
        ACE_velocityBoundaries[] = {};
        ACE_standardAtmosphere = ICAO;
        ACE_dragModel = 7;
        ACE_muzzleVelocities[] = {847, 867, 877};
        ACE_barrelLengths[] = {508, 609.6, 660.4};
    };

As it appears it has the ace parameters already. But we need to correct a few things for the ATrag.

1.  BH. (Height above bore). Where can i find it?

2. Bullet diam of 0.78 appears to be correct.(?)

3. Rifle twist. According to the first post, we have 27.9 for the AWM, right?

4. Muzzle velocity. Which parameter should i use?

5. Zero Range. How would i adjust it?

Thanks in advance!

MV for the AWM using the BTHP is 899m/sec, MV for the covert using the same round is 641.42 m/sec(all mags fed into the covert fire at @71.34% of the AWM default).

0.78 would be correct, yes, and yes to the twist. OF course this is all assuming AtragMX uses metric and not American measurements, if that's the case, get out your slide rule.

Height over bore you're just going to have to guesstimate, there's no concrete value for this, as it'll depend on entirely on the scope you use.

Zero range for most ACE-compatible scopes with mil adjustment are 100m IIRC.

@Toadie2k

Having seen your predicament on twitter, I would, even as one excitingly waiting for the G36, say go for it.

Commissions are commissions in the sometimes unpredictable world of 3d art.

-k

@Toadie2k

Having seen your predicament on twitter, I would, even as one excitingly waiting for the G36, say go for it.

Commissions are commissions in the sometimes unpredictable world of 3d art.

-k

Normally, I'd agree, but the time window being asked is quite tight, and if I took it ,basically it would be setting a precedent where people could effectively buy my time directly as an exception to the current work order.... and I dunno, that feels kind of disingenuous to me, at least if I wasn't upfront to both parties about it. I'd rather have it out there on the table and get the thoughts and feelings on it than one way or another, rather than a behind closed doors . Regardless, a rule will have to be made about this whatever the stance.

As a catchup for those not on the tweeter- someone's offered me a direct commission which has a fixed window for completion, one which is relatively short and would mean having to stop work on the G36s to get done(or put in overtime and risk burnout), at least for a week or two. I feel ethically conflicted about it, sounding out other people's thoughts on the matter.

And for clarity, the end product of the comsission will still stand to my commitment of free and open on the game/engine side, so would be available as a free mod when it's done, and all the source material free to use and distribute however deemed fit.

Edited by toadie2k
  • Like 1

Yeah, to me it feels dirty. It sets a precedent for queue jumping and is basically putting the needs of one guy with too much money to throw around over that of the Patreon backers, who are going to provide more income in the long run if they're inclined to keep funding the process. I don't mind you taking commission work if it's a reserved place in the work order. (All that swiss stuff) But "drop everything to grind something out for some impatient rich git" commissions seem dirty to me. It's getting dangerously close to paid modding territory.    

Just do what you feel right toadie, at the end of the day it's your choice.

Whatever you do I'll be happy to use your content, it's very high quality and I know you put a lot of time and effort creating it.

Your call dude, altough I agree with War_lord myself - commissions shouldn't really come before regular subscribers. Maybe future commisions would have to wait for the completion of whatever is the current project?

Your call dude, altough I agree with War_lord myself - commissions shouldn't really come before regular subscribers. Maybe future commisions would have to wait for the completion of whatever is the current project?

Yeah, honestly if the commission didn't have the time constraint on it I don't think this would be an issue, but yeah this is why I felt I should sound it against what the community felt about it. I definitely am not interested in picking it up if it'll piss people off.

As I said, commissions are fine, demanding time limits that force you to drop your other obligations are not. Or atleast that's my own opinion on the matter.

Time limits (Especially Short ones) are a direct way to getting burnt out.

Thats also the reason why all my donations on Patreon don't have any kind of demands attached to them, despite the amount of cash.

IMO. Do whatever feels right for you.

• Like 1

I can't say I'd be bothered waiting longer for G36s, but obviously it's a tough decision to make. The community's right not to say what you should do, because it's not for anyone to say, but if I were you I would go for it. (Unless you had serious concerns that you couldn't put a quality product out in that timespan without burning yourself out.) The G36s can always wait, and considering you're getting a good offer to do a weapon you already planned to do, just later, it's probably smart to take it.

Plus, everyone here gets to use the M1903 anyway, so it isn't as if this is time being wasted (in fact, it really amounts to more for everyone in the end.) Just my 2 cents.

Plus, everyone here gets to use the M1903 anyway, so it isn't as if this is time being wasted (in fact, it really amounts to more for everyone in the end.) Just my 2 cents.

If all works out well in the end, then all is well and everyone is happy. But a Burnout really shouldn't be taken lightly. It can take people months to recover from a burnout, if at all.

I'd rather he work on what that community want first, no what some queue jumping rich git wants. Would you be so enthusiastic if the commission was for a Lorcin? Because accepting this sets a bad precedent.