toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

In which case do i need the hlc_rhs_Compat_AK.pbo ?

What is the the content of the folder an where do i had to place the files of folder /HLC_AK_v1.9/OPTIONAL/SRC/hlc_ace3_compat_AK or ../hlc_rhs_compat_AK ?

Replace joint rails with cba joint rails is now built into cba.

So what you're saying is we do not need the ASDG Jointrails mod anymore if we run CBA? You're comment is a little confusing...Please clarify. Thanks

@Toadie2K....First, thanks for the weapon packs, they're great! In the below updates there are no ACE3 compatibility pbo's as stated in the updated readme files. I just wanted to make you aware in case this may be a mistake. Thanks again.

Unless the VOG25 pbo (for AK pack) is for the ACE3 compat (HuntIR).....possibly?

-HLC AK, FAL, M14, M60E4, SAWs update does not have any ACE3 compatibility pbo's included either (as said in updated readme)

Edited by -poet-

So what you're saying is we do not need the ASDG Jointrails mod anymore if we run CBA? You're comment is a little confusing...Please clarify. Thanks

Basically, CBA_A3 integrated ASDG Jointrails last update, so if you run CBA_A3, you automatically have Jointrails.

In which case do i need the hlc_rhs_Compat_AK.pbo ?

What is the the content of the folder an where do i had to place the files of folder /HLC_AK_v1.9/OPTIONAL/SRC/hlc_ace3_compat_AK or ../hlc_rhs_compat_AK ?

In case if you'd want to have compatibility between RHS and HLC AK magazines and attachements. Place it in any mod directory, I'd suggest loading it from separate catalog or from one of the mods that the compatibility patch is for.

Im really confused about the compatibility pbo's. Could someone pls go over all of them and tell me what they do?

In case if you'd want to have compatibility between RHS and HLC AK magazines and attachements. Place it in any mod directory, I'd suggest loading it from separate catalog or from one of the mods that the compatibility patch is for.

And where do i hat to place the content of the " /HLC_AK_v1.9/OPTIONAL/SRC/hlc_ace3_compat_AK" ?

And where do i hat to place the content of the " /HLC_AK_v1.9/OPTIONAL/SRC/hlc_ace3_compat_AK" ?

You don't do anything with the SRC files. It's the source. Toadie made it available so people can look what it does or use the code in their own mods.

Toadie2k may not be very active for the next few days, he is currently sick, I just got finished talking to him a few hours ago, be sure to wish him well.

• Like 1

Hi there Toadie's

Im writing this to tellt about the Battle Rifles pack section. And say thanks about the improvements made on G3's and FN's .

Since the adding of the G3A3 RAS, and the changes on the firing noises from G3's and FAL's. The g3's that were too loud and the FAL's that had some slightly noise changes between the rifles, wich made very it good to differentiate between diferente kind of FAL's we have. (even finding that there are still some rifles with the same firing noise, like the PARA FAL, the Lithgow Chopmod and the FAL's OSW)

And the addition of the aim-over-the-top sights on PVS-4, G3's shortened barrels, it is pretty neat. New muzzle devices options, with new supressors, but it does not fit all the rifles yet, ok.

And also the hands positioning became pretty cool.

Im thanking about all the improvements that have been made since 1.4 update to 1.7

Thanks for all of it. this pack is the best.

And to add and ask about some improvements like: The ability to aim-over-the-top whe using the scopes Trijicon Accuppoint TR20 / ZFSG1/ PSG-1 Scope. I really appriciate and think its cool the ability to aim through the iron sights underneath the scope, but for gaming shooting pourposes would be nice to have a third option to be able to aim-over-the-top with these scopes.

And it also would be very nice to have the option to aim-over-the-top of the scope when using the AN/PVS-4 with other guns outside the pack. We are now able to use the PVS-4 throught the ASDG joint rails system i think. But there it is still wiuthout this option.

Another improvement that i would ask is to have the HK-51 and the HK-53 RAS / or with ADSG joint rails.

It would be very fun to be able to customize these 2 guns.

And one last thing is a little complaint because before the changing on these ballistics the G3's were the strongest, powerfull, tiger killer, cold steel, laser gun rifle that we have in entire arma. It could shoot one shot one kill across the entire chernarus. That's why I have allways used iron sights / red dot aiming sights with this gun.

And after these last changes the g3 became weaker or something. The shot are difficult to hit. Its almost feeling like a 5.56 now. Since the arma2 and still on the arma3 apha the G3 is bouncing back killing around looking heavy yes.

Now it became weaker. Please put it back on, please.

Im most of all thats what i have to add and share

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi there Toadie's

Im writing this to tellt about the Battle Rifles pack section. And say thanks about the improvements made on G3's and FN's .

Since the adding of the G3A3 RAS, and the changes on the firing noises from G3's and FAL's. The g3's that were too loud and the FAL's that had some slightly noise changes between the rifles, wich made very it good to differentiate between diferente kind of FAL's we have. (even finding that there are still some rifles with the same firing noise, like the PARA FAL, the Lithgow Chopmod and the FAL's OSW)

And the addition of the aim-over-the-top sights on PVS-4, G3's shortened barrels, it is pretty neat. New muzzle devices options, with new supressors, but it does not fit all the rifles yet, ok.

And also the hands positioning became pretty cool.

Im thanking about all the improvements that have been made since 1.4 update to 1.7

Thanks for all of it. this pack is the best.

And to add and ask about some improvements like: The ability to aim-over-the-top whe using the scopes Trijicon Accuppoint TR20 / ZFSG1/ PSG-1 Scope. I really appriciate and think its cool the ability to aim through the iron sights underneath the scope, but for gaming shooting pourposes would be nice to have a third option to be able to aim-over-the-top with these scopes.

And it also would be very nice to have the option to aim-over-the-top of the scope when using the AN/PVS-4 with other guns outside the pack. We are now able to use the PVS-4 throught the ASDG joint rails system i think. But there it is still wiuthout this option.

Another improvement that i would ask is to have the HK-51 and the HK-53 RIS / or with ADSG joint rails.

And one last thing is a little complaint because before the changing on these ballistics the G3's were the strongest, powerfull, tiger killer, cold steel, laser gun rifle that we have in entire arma. It could shoot one shot one kill across the entire chernarus. That's why I have allways used iron sights / red dot aiming sights with this gun.

And after these last changes the g3 became weaker or something. The shot are difficult to hit. Its almost feeling like a 5.56 now. Since the arma2 and still on the arma3 apha the G3 is bouncing back killing around looking heavy yes.

Now it became weaker. Please put it back on, please.

Im most of all thats what i have to add and share

Thanks.

In regards to the ballistics on the G3, my 7.62x51mm code has yet to change since I last wrote it months ago, what may be changing are the armor and health of the enemies from the patching BI has done or if you are running mods that change those parameters. The ballistics on the G3 also vary depending upon round chambered and the distance at which the projectile hits. Many people think that 7.62 is some God inspired man killer, and while yes it is powerful, no doubt there, against modern body armor its not much better than 5.56, until you reach out past 350m, that is where 7.62x51 and 54R really show a power difference over 5.45 and 5.56mm. 

Just so you can get a basic feel for how real bullets work; and again I stress this is a BASIC concept......

Pistol Calibers (Pistol) - 50m effective

Pistol Calibers (Sub-machine Gun) - 100/150m effective

Small caliber rifle (SMG & PDW) - 200/250m effective

Small caliber rifle (SBR) - 300m effective

Small caliber rifle (Carbine) - 400m effective

Small caliber rifle (Full Length Assault Rifle / DMR) - 550m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (SBR) - 350m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (Carbine) - 550m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (Full Length Assault Rifle / DMR) - 800m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (Sniper Weapon Systems) - 1000m effective

Again this is a VERY BASIC concept of how ballistics work in reality and I have done my best to accurately replicate this within the confines of the default code structure that BI provides us with. If I remember correctly when I was talking with Toadie2k about the G3, he had it named as the G3A4 which is the full battle rifle, however the barrel length suggested it was a Karabiner or Carbine variant and he updated his pack to reflect that change. Now this change with proper use of my code would significantly change the ballistics properties of said rifle.

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding the ballistics please let me know, and I will be glad to walk you though them.

• Like 4

Get well soon toadie. Good job on your weapon mods.

• Like 1

Another improvement that i would ask is to have the HK-51 and the HK-53 RIS / or with ADSG joint rails.

I too have been aching for these, I love those guns

Thanks for update to mod.

so, what that have effect if enable option pbo? i can mount the rhs optics on the hlc guns when using hlc_rhs_compat_mp5?

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding the ballistics please let me know, and I will be glad to walk you though them.

Did you calculate G7 for the German AWM rounds yourself, or do you have some source? Couldn't find anything on the manufacters' website.

http://www.men-defencetec.de/en/produkte/praezisions-und-scharfschuetzen/300-win-mag/detailview/?tx_men_pi1[detail]=44&cHash=2f4b03cb062121565aaea35abfd0b325

Did you calculate G7 for the German AWM rounds yourself, or do you have some source? Couldn't find anything on the manufacters' website.

http://www.men-defencetec.de/en/produkte/praezisions-und-scharfschuetzen/300-win-mag/detailview/?tx_men_pi1[detail]=44&cHash=2f4b03cb062121565aaea35abfd0b325

For all sniper rounds excluding 7.62x51 and x54R I use G7 ballistics. They give me a much more accurate Doppler picture of what is happening down range. For all others I mainly use G1 B.C's as the are the most prevalent, however I use JBM ballistics as my ballistics calculator for attaining range tables and it supports many coefficient designations including G7. In the case of the rounds not having the G1/G7 ballistics coefficients, JBM ballistics again steps in with a very accurate calculation for getting a ballistics coefficient, the only way it could be more accurate over JBM's calculations is to actually fire that round in a controlled environment and capture the Doppler data to formulate a accurate G7 coefficient. In the case of .300 Win Mag, here were the results of my hours and hours of research and calculations.....

*Please note that all G1-G7 calculations were crosschecked with JBM ballistics and they hold up, this is the best I can do, unless people start donating me 10's of thousand's of US dollars at the least to perform real ballistics tests in a controlled environment.

26 inch barrel - standard

MEN SniperLine S230430 FMJ
Full Metal Jacket
200 Grains
2760 ft/s
3390 ft/lbs KE
.499 G1 (.250 G7) <- using G7 BC's for SR's

Mk248 Mod 1 OTM
Open Tip Match
220 Grains
2950 ft/s
4250 ft/lbs KE
.607 G1 (.310 G7) <- using G7 BC's for SR's

MEN SniperLine DM131 AP
Armor Piercing - Steel Jacket /w Tungsten Carbide Core
197 Grains
2825 ft/s
3475 ft/lbs KE
.572 G1 (.286 G7) <- using G7 BC's for SR's

Addendum, if you look hard enough you will find this nice little PDF available on their defense website, it has the range tables that are calculated by their engineers which allow me to get an accurate picture of their performance....

Link Clicky Clicky -> http://www.men-defencetec.de/fileadmin/data/Dokumente/Sniperline_022014.pdf

Also be sure to watch this video, I am considering putting this on my WIP front page.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psk65mhcxrs

• Like 1

In regards to the ballistics on the G3, my 7.62x51mm code has yet to change since I last wrote it months ago, what may be changing are the armor and health of the enemies from the patching BI has done or if you are running mods that change those parameters. The ballistics on the G3 also vary depending upon round chambered and the distance at which the projectile hits. Many people think that 7.62 is some God inspired man killer, and while yes it is powerful, no doubt there, against modern body armor its not much better than 5.56, until you reach out past 350m, that is where 7.62x51 and 54R really show a power difference over 5.45 and 5.56mm. 

Just so you can get a basic feel for how real bullets work; and again I stress this is a BASIC concept......

Pistol Calibers (Pistol) - 50m effective

Pistol Calibers (Sub-machine Gun) - 100/150m effective

Small caliber rifle (SMG & PDW) - 200/250m effective

Small caliber rifle (SBR) - 300m effective

Small caliber rifle (Carbine) - 400m effective

Small caliber rifle (Full Length Assault Rifle / DMR) - 550m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (SBR) - 350m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (Carbine) - 550m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (Full Length Assault Rifle / DMR) - 800m effective

Medium Caliber Rifle (Sniper Weapon Systems) - 1000m effective

Again this is a VERY BASIC concept of how ballistics work in reality and I have done my best to accurately replicate this within the confines of the default code structure that BI provides us with. If I remember correctly when I was talking with Toadie2k about the G3, he had it named as the G3A4 which is the full battle rifle, however the barrel length suggested it was a Karabiner or Carbine variant and he updated his pack to reflect that change. Now this change with proper use of my code would significantly change the ballistics properties of said rifle.

Hi there Spartan's,

Roger that, I have it read and acknowledged.

I didn't mean to sound offensive or depreciative in any way. Im a just a regular player of arma, that plays in a modded server.

And having a reply from the dev. is very grateful. Thanks.

About it only once again, please.  Is just that before we could use the rifle shooting targets 800m/ 1km away with the iron sights easily ok, and the rifle would do it all for you. Now we are in need to use more of our skills during the process.

ok Like, we could have a one shot clean kill, even without beeing able to actualy spot/ see the chest of the target or confirm by seeing that the target was hit. because from that far what we can actualy see is a dark/ back point on the far away.

What would happen was that after the firefight, we the prevailing team, would move to enemy spot to check for the aftermath casualties,

And there we would be to confirm and remember that you have tried one time a sigle shot in a guy very far, at the beginning of the firefight. And there you couldn't actualy be able to confirm your hit, but you have that trust.

Now you can confirm and be surprised about how actualy the bullet hit the target at that time. And it would happen all the shooting. Now the impact is decreasing.

Thanks.