toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Hu? There was never a intention to start a OT-discussion here. My post was meant as a additional information for the mod maker or anyone else who cares. I think it's important to know that the G36 will be out of service by its mainuser in a few years, and that we don't have to expect any other PIP-versions after the IdZ-project anymore. Improving the G36 was a option which was considered and has been dropped officialy now.

Discussions about a weapon-system are a important non-OT part of topics like this. I agree it's not the place for a discussion about the successor of the G36 though.

I wasn't accusing you, all I'm saying is that it's one of those things that starts to drift things off topic as soon as it gets brought up. The regulars in the thread are generally gun nuts, as such the problems the Bundeswehr alleges the G36 has are common knowledge.

But as an aside, I wouldn't start claiming the G36 is history in German hands yet, a PIP G36 hasn't actually been ruled out. In fact, with the German Armed Force's budget being as infamously woeful as it is, I don't see them have the money to buy up an entirely new Rifle.    

Hello

My unit is currently useing the HLC AR-15 pack, which is an excellent pack, However, we have found a problem with the M4 Carbine GL, in which attaching any scope blocks the gl aiming scope, meaning that you can only use the M4 Carbine GL without a scope attachment. Is there a fix for this or a upcoming patch. 

Thank You 

SSG. Jordan

Hello

My unit is currently useing the HLC AR-15 pack, which is an excellent pack, However, we have found a problem with the M4 Carbine GL, in which attaching any scope blocks the gl aiming scope, meaning that you can only use the M4 Carbine GL without a scope attachment. Is there a fix for this or a upcoming patch. 

Thank You 

SSG. Jordan

That's working as designed. Same problem in real life. 

• Like 2

That's working as designed. Same problem in real life. 

well said.. LoL

I guess some rifle isn't meant to be used with any attachment.

Ah

Also, I noticed on the worklist that the KAC SR-47 is on there twice; once closer to the top along with the CMMG MK47 MUTANT and also down towards the bottom by itself. The first one has an "and/or" disclaimer so it might make sense to have separate entries, but the CMMG one doesn't have its own, so I presume that it's just an accidental double entry (rather than the implication that he'd do two AK/AR hybrid packs.)

edit: The AWM is also listed on there again, even though that pack has been released already.

The list is a little messy lots of little redundancies, for example the HK416 is listed separately from the HK416D10RS which is the exact same gun (D10RS being the designation for the 10 inch barrel). I assume it's because Toadie just adds the requests on as they come, and does the research/labor estimate when they actually come up.

Yeah, that's a thing I need to do. Some of those came from an initial pre-fill of items, and then requests came, and I never really did the double check. Suffice to say if a dupe or sub-variant comes up, you can expect anything it's tied to to get done in the same breath. Relatedly amongst other things, I'm looking to unify all my Google docs and probably a lot of the release thread/download stuff on page 1 into one site in the not too distant future (Patreon's UX hates forms and Google doc spreadshets for no real reason), which should hopefully resolve some of the disorganisation.

I wasn't accusing you, all I'm saying is that it's one of those things that starts to drift things off topic as soon as it gets brought up. The regulars in the thread are generally gun nuts, as such the problems the Bundeswehr alleges the G36 has are common knowledge.

But as an aside, I wouldn't start claiming the G36 is history in German hands yet, a PIP G36 hasn't actually been ruled out. In fact, with the German Armed Force's budget being as infamously woeful as it is, I don't see them have the money to buy up an entirely new Rifle.

Actually, if you've seen any shots from the 2015 Shotshow or any of the other MLE conventions in 2014, you'd have caught some pictures of what I'd call the PIP G36. Proprietary front quadrail(same one on they're putting on the HKS243 S-TAR), Sight-less Picatinny rail, IDZ stock. Whether there's internal improvements is to be seen, but that seems to be the G36 they're now pushing to buyers.

Speaking of, this is the "4th" day on this. Going really well, because H&K build this thing with REALLY clean design principles, which leads to them ergonomics. I will concede though, that dual optic, yeah I can see why people don't like it just modelling the damn thing.

http://imgur.com/a/4sCmi

AND while I'm here, you know what? Fuck it. HLC weapon patches ahoy. I'll do the SIG release when Spartan gets back from cross-country driving. It'll be it's own magical thing, some of the fixes in this are overdue and I don't feel like sitting on them much longer.

Most interesting things to grab from the patch notes-

- ACE3,RHS and CUP support optional PBOs(with source CPP files, should you feel the need to tweak)

- AKs camera point shifted rearward slightly

- Soundtail volumes and EQs adjusted, less overt.

- New FOV defaults implemented

- HK51 and 53 get G3 Drum.

- Slight specular and material tweaks on most things.

M60E4 V9

G3 Pack V1.7

M14 Pack V1.7

MP5 Pack V1.45

AUG Pack V1.4

SAW Pack V1.16

AK Pack V1.9

AR Pack V1.7

FAL Pack V1.7

• Like 9

it does, but I'd estimate the ETA on that is end of weekend

Sorry everyone for holding this up, I am waiting on a very very important piece of software to be ready and this means its out of my hands. Also there was an issue regarding the current version that I am using that was causing ballistics to have a bit of deviation from the calculator to the game causing less performance overall especially at longer ranges. Once the new version gets to me I will get everything updated correctly and Toadie2k will be able to release his next project, once again I apologize.

• Like 7

Speaking of, this is the "4th" day on this. Going really well, because H&K build this thing with REALLY clean design principles, which leads to them ergonomics. I will concede though, that dual optic, yeah I can see why people don't like it just modelling the damn thing.

Oh man, this looks promising. Can't wait to get my hands on these. I'm realy curious how the optics will be done. 

@spartan0536: Thanks for your work and effort, highly appreciated. Don't let people push you to rush anything out. 

Yeah, that's a thing I need to do. Some of those came from an initial pre-fill of items, and then requests came, and I never really did the double check. Suffice to say if a dupe or sub-variant comes up, you can expect anything it's tied to to get done in the same breath. Relatedly amongst other things, I'm looking to unify all my Google docs and probably a lot of the release thread/download stuff on page 1 into one site in the not too distant future (Patreon's UX hates forms and Google doc spreadshets for no real reason), which should hopefully resolve some of the disorganisation.

Actually, if you've seen any shots from the 2015 Shotshow or any of the other MLE conventions in 2014, you'd have caught some pictures of what I'd call the PIP G36. Proprietary front quadrail(same one on they're putting on the HKS243 S-TAR), Sight-less Picatinny rail, IDZ stock. Whether there's internal improvements is to be seen, but that seems to be the G36 they're now pushing to buyers.

AND while I'm here, you know what? Fuck it. HLC weapon patches ahoy. I'll do the SIG release when Spartan gets back from cross-country driving. It'll be it's own magical thing, some of the fixes in this are overdue and I don't feel like sitting on them much longer.

- ACE3,RHS and CUP support optional PBOs(with source CPP files, should you feel the need to tweak)

M60E4 V9

G3 Pack V1.7

M14 Pack V1.7

MP5 Pack V1.45

AUG Pack V1.4

SAW Pack V1.16

AK Pack V1.9

AR Pack V1.7

FAL Pack V1.7

Greetings, some of the mods appear to have non updated version numbers, like M60E4, G3 and M14... is this on purpose?

Any chance we'll get a Stanag adopter equipped G36K variant Toadie? Sadly Tryk's PMC vests have visible Stanags on them, and the inconsistency is the short of thing that annoys me and no one else. :P 

Updated mod v1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.4.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.1.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Toadie, I've noticed a small bug with the MP5N's wherein if a base game ACO is mounted and you switch firemode the rear sight rotates.

M60E4 V9

G3 Pack V1.7

M14 Pack V1.7

MP5 Pack V1.45

AUG Pack V1.4

SAW Pack V1.16

AK Pack V1.9

AR Pack V1.7

FAL Pack V1.7

Great work on the update toadie. Your weapon packs are high quality addons and my ARMA experience wouldnt be the same without them. Two small requests though. A while back you mentioned that you'd include the integrated surefire flashlight for the mp5. Is this still in your plans? Would love to see its inclusion for some 90s SWAT/CT styled loadouts. Secondly, will you open up your AWM models for more attachtments? I'd love to be able to mount suppressors and IR pointers on them. Moreover, bipod compatibility for the suppressed version would be nice. 

Could it be possible to put the right hand a little bit back on the AR BCM? When a bipot is installed the goes in it

The changelog says 'Unknown' on Armaholic

FOV is still different from vanilla, at least for the AK family.

Only running @hlcmods_core(v0.9), @hlcmods_ak(v1.9), @CBA_A3(v2.0)

Got them from Play withSix