toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Toadie, I'm reluctant to bring this up, because I know you haven't changed anything, but I've started to have a weird sound issue pop up since about 3 or 4 dev updates ago...

All of a sudden, the RHS M4s and M16s are inheriting your M4 and M16 sounds.  When I disable all of your mods, the issue goes away.  This is with just CBA, RHS (0.3.8) and your mods (which are all up to date and haven't been messed with).  I'm still trying to go through all of your HLC .pbos to see if a particular one is causing the problem (so far I know it's NOT the AR15.pbo's), but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else is having the same issue. 

Toadie, I'm reluctant to bring this up, because I know you haven't changed anything, but I've started to have a weird sound issue pop up since about 3 or 4 dev updates ago...

All of a sudden, the RHS M4s and M16s are inheriting your M4 and M16 sounds.  When I disable all of your mods, the issue goes away.  This is with just CBA, RHS (0.3.8) and your mods (which are all up to date and haven't been messed with).  I'm still trying to go through all of your HLC .pbos to see if a particular one is causing the problem (so far I know it's NOT the AR15.pbo's), but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else is having the same issue. 

Will pass this onto him and see what he thinks is causing it, if someone else has any idea please share.

The AK's are still far too weak, takes 5 or so shots at point plank to kill CSAT, as opposed to the AR15's.

Most if not all ballistics HLC weapons use are made by Spartan0536. He spends a large amount of time getting the ballistics right and he does the best that he can. Arma 3 does have a basic body armor implementation so maybe it's just the lack of penetration in the 5.45 round. They're overhauling the hitpoints for armor in the next update so it may alleviate some issues; for example shooting someone in the face doesn't kill them because the helmet protects the entire head and not just where the helmet is.

Arma 3 has an extremely rudimentary armor and wounding simulation. Spartan insists on absolutely spot on ballistics. The problem isn't with the weapon, it's with the systems in place for being shot. In real life a Plate carrier would probably stop a burst of 5.45 at combat ranges, but the guy wearing it would probably be suffering from cracked ribs, and thus out of the fight briefly. ACE 3 helps simulate this a bit better with their wounding system.    

hi, not sure if it's been reported but in the latest dev branch i get this error assosicated with hlc mods (looks like the ak varaint specifically). Hope it is useful. thanks for the superlative weapon pack. raising the bar for everyone, even bis.

20:56:15 Error in expression <exitWith{}; VOG25P = true; 

waitUntil {!isNull(findDisplay 46)};

[] spawn {

s>
20:56:15   Error position: <!isNull(findDisplay 46)};

[] spawn {

s>
20:56:15   Error Generic error in expression
20:56:15 File hlc_wp_ak\Init.sqf, line 4

I think this one has been reported about 5 times by different people!  :P 

There's a series of major fixes, compatibility patches (for RHS and CUP ammo in HLC guns and vice versa) and shadow optimizations for all released packs that are going to roll out with the public release of the SIG 510's. The infamous VOG25P will soon be patched.    

• Like 1

Arma 3 has an extremely rudimentary armor and wounding simulation. Spartan insists on absolutely spot on ballistics. The problem isn't with the weapon, it's with the systems in place for being shot. In real life a Plate carrier would probably stop a burst of 5.45 at combat ranges, but the guy wearing it would probably be suffering from cracked ribs, and thus out of the fight briefly. ACE 3 helps simulate this a bit better with their wounding system.    

I find ACE's wounding system to be even worse. Without deleting the protection.pbo bullets one hit through body armor. It's not enjoyable getting one shot during an op.

I think this one has been reported about 5 times by different people!  :P 

There's a series of major fixes, compatibility patches (for RHS and CUP ammo in HLC guns and vice versa) and shadow optimizations for all released packs that are going to roll out with the public release of the SIG 510's. The infamous VOG25P will soon be patched.    

Awesome. thanks for letting me know mate.

I find ACE's wounding system to be even worse. Without deleting the protection.pbo bullets one hit through body armor. It's not enjoyable getting one shot during an op.

The basic system is bugged at the moment, you can change the damage coefficient in the config to compensate till its patched. That or use the advanced system. 

Well it is surprising people on patreon actually demanded SG540s. I doubt i have seen anyone outside Switzerland using those.

Well it is surprising people on patreon actually demanded SG540s. I doubt i have seen anyone outside Switzerland using those.

You mean 510? The 540 is a 5.56 rifle for the export market. But demanded is the wrong word because A. it's a vote and B. the 510's were done as part of a $60 commission job, much like the M249s. Personally, I don't mind them being made, even if it's not something  I'd personally use, because it means we're getting something interesting rather then the same old M4's everyone makes.   

Haven't seen he SG540 on the Worklist, but the SG550 and previously the SG510 have been pretty much high on the list because This single Swiss individual right here has been donating a decent sum of money (60$ / month, and as of a few days ago doubled to 120$/month for transparency sake) for the sole purpose of promoting the SIG SG 510 and SIG SG 550. :)

The ACR was also a commission, but it got a major section of the vote, and because of its relatively minimalist polymer design it's being worked on concurrently with the G36.      

Haven't seen he SG540 on the Worklist, but the SG550 and previously the SG510 have been pretty much high on the list because This single Swiss individual right here has been donating a decent sum of money (60$ / month, and as of a few days ago doubled to 120$/month for transparency sake) for the sole purpose of promoting the SIG SG 510 and SIG SG 550. :)

That's awesome mate. I like the 550 myself. However part of me wishes you would have had him include a mpx as well :-)

There's a system in place man, though going by the voting we'll probably have a Karabiner 98k before the end of the year.

Will pass this onto him and see what he thinks is causing it, if someone else has any idea please share.

Thanks.  I was working last night, so didn't get a chance to continue trouble-shooting, but as of today, so far it's not AR15.pbo, FAL.pbo, MP5.pbo, RPK12fix.pbo (I've lost track of what that fixes), hlc_SAW.pbo, and the FAL_JSRS.pbo).  I'll try and test the G3, M14 and M60 tonight, but I may get "tasked" by the "other-half" tonight and not complete testing.

Well 550/750 is great, i personally think that mechanically they are one of the greatest firearms EVAR. 510s (yep, my bad, not 540s) though... They probably highly reliable, but they look really awkward. But i got your point anyway.

Hi toadie2kGood work! You're doing a very necessary weapons.

I want to ask, when waiting for a patch?
Zoom mechanical sights and collimators does not meet zoom "from the eye."
Very uncomfortable.

Hi toadie2k!  Good work! You're doing a very necessary weapons.

I want to ask, when waiting for a patch?

Zoom mechanical sights and collimators does not meet zoom "from the eye."

Very uncomfortable.

No exact date on the update but that issue will be fixed when it comes out.

Figured everyone would enjoy this "preview" of a SIG 510 "in action". http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/27/swiss-firepower-sig-amt-stg57/ Honestly when I first found out this was going to be the next gun added to the HLC collection I was like "Really, nobody used this gun, why is he going so obscure?" But the more I read about it and look at the pictures (It looks like something that the Germans wold be using in an alternate history WW2-in-the-50s sci-fi) the more I come to appreciate it and anticipate its release. 

• Like 3

Figured everyone would enjoy this "preview" of a SIG 510 "in action". http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/27/swiss-firepower-sig-amt-stg57/ Honestly when I first found out this was going to be the next gun added to the HLC collection I was like "Really, nobody used this gun, why is he going so obscure?" But the more I read about it and look at the pictures (It looks like something that the Germans wold be using in an alternate history WW2-in-the-50s sci-fi) the more I come to appreciate it and anticipate its release. 

nice to see TFB here.really nice blog.

I have two things to say, one is a question the other is a statement. First off, thank you so much for releasing the source files for your mod, I'm going to be giving it a go to see if I can fix some stuff that myself and the group I'm in have issues with (PEQ's and other attachments not aligning correctly). Second, does anyone have any idea when an update will come out if there is one? I'm sure Toadie will be able to fix the issues I'm having much more efficiently than me but I enjoy learning how stuff works so I'm going to give it a go anyways.

I have two things to say, one is a question the other is a statement. First off, thank you so much for releasing the source files for your mod, I'm going to be giving it a go to see if I can fix some stuff that myself and the group I'm in have issues with (PEQ's and other attachments not aligning correctly). Second, does anyone have any idea when an update will come out if there is one? I'm sure Toadie will be able to fix the issues I'm having much more efficiently than me but I enjoy learning how stuff works so I'm going to give it a go anyways.

Updates will roll out soon with the new SIG-Mod, which is ready and only needs some work by Spartan. If you have found any errors or bugs and maybe solutions for them then it's probably the best if you post them here.  

• Like 1

Updates will roll out soon with the new SIG-Mod, which is ready and only needs some work by Spartan. If you have found any errors or bugs and maybe solutions for them then it's probably the best if you post them here.  

Will do, so far it looks like either the issue is due to him is using CSE for mounting or that there is something wrong with a model which means I get to learn how to 3D model...