toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

That covers 1st reason, but what about second reason, it someone doesn't appreciated what I'm trying to make (e.g. not willing to help me), then should I make it?

Yep definitely not entitled.

Yep definitely not entitled.

Does that means, In short I should keep my mouth closed and move along?

Whether it seems entitled or not there's no need to make a big deal about it. I'll figure out what Toadie wants to do with the matter and get back to you on it, what he says goes and that will be that.

If you want to do it or not is a decision you have to make on your own. Do you really need acknowledgement and appreciation to get motivated to start working on something? If so, you might be doing things for the wrong reasons.

I mean that if you refuse to do any work that you want to do, on a mod that the author was nice enough to make basically open source for anyone that wants to use it so long as they follow the license, unless the author presents you with the class lists himself and gives you his blessing. Well, I can't speak for Toadie at all, I'm just a fan and Patreon backer but if that's what it takes for you to do that work, maybe it's better to wait for someone else to do it who doesn't make demands. You're acting like Toadie actually approached you to do the work and didn't answer your message as a personal slight. You want to undertake the work, and Toadie is neck deep in compatibility patch creation and so probably hasn't seen your message yet, Toadie isn't the sort of guy to deliberately ignore messages, but he's in a totally different timezone to most of us, which can cause delays.

The class lists were published along with the releases, any missing ones can be got through the VA. What's stopping you other then your flair for the dramatic?   

You people are one strange group. Since you people are little "slow". Here's the break down for you, there are so far 10 different HLC addons and let's say that there are also 10 different bullet class names, now those addon are separated, which means extra individual download and extra work of going through reading all of them. Now by your definition, I am an idiot for asking only for a list of bullet class names from all HLC weapons addons in one place/list that would save me time. Which would also show that original addon/mod maker was willing to support my project by helping me obtain info for speeding my work. Could I got all names from CfgAmmo ingame? Yes I could have, but is it easier to receive text file with complete list without of need downloading all HLC files and going into game and backwards? Yes it is. Both RHS and Massi saw no problem or big deal as you make it with helping me to obtain their classnames. 

As for  "Do you really need acknowledgement and appreciation to get motivated to start working on something? If so, you might be doing things for the wrong reasons." Please go and ask any, any mod maker that release his work to public, this same question. Guess what would be an answer.  Do you think that, e.g. Toadie would continue to work on his HLC if he had received mostly bad reviews?

And I'm still waiting for his answer, it's you two who went over dramatic. Do you really think that I'm sitting all day in front on my PC and just waiting to get answer from one author? No, I have other project I'm also working on, not to mention I have other real life obligations that I have to take care of, which also means I have to plan my day. 

And I'm done explain my self to you people. 

• Like 1

And I'm still waiting for his answer, it's you two who went over dramatic. Do you really think that I'm sitting all day in front on my PC and just waiting to get answer from one author? No, I have other project I'm also working on, not to mention I have other real life obligations that I have to take care of, which also means I have to plan my day.

As I said, I'm asking him his thoughts on it and will get back to you. Toadie is a busy individual as well and I usually lurk on here to report stuff to him.

You people are one strange group. Since you people are little "slow". Here's the break down for you, there are so far 10 different HLC addons and let's say that there are also 10 different bullet class names, now those addon are separated, which means extra individual download and extra work of going through reading all of them. Now by your definition, I am an idiot for asking only for a list of bullet class names from all HLC weapons addons in one place/list that would save me time. Which would also show that original addon/mod maker was willing to support my project by helping me obtain info for speeding my work. Could I got all names from CfgAmmo ingame? Yes I could have, but is it easier to receive text file with complete list without of need downloading all HLC files and going into game and backwards? Yes it is. Both RHS and Massi saw no problem or big deal as you make it with helping me to obtain their classnames. 

You realize the class names are all in the first post right? You might not want to call people slow when you exhibit failure in basic reading comprehension.  

hlc_100Rnd_762x51_B_M60E4
hlc_100Rnd_762x51_T_M60E4
hlc_100Rnd_762x51_M_M60E4

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK
hlc_30Rnd_545x39_T_AK
hlc_30Rnd_545x39_EP_AK
hlc_45Rnd_545x39_t_rpk
hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak
hlc_30Rnd_762x39_t_ak
hlc_45Rnd_762x39_t_rpk
hlc_45Rnd_762x39_m_rpk
hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_fal
hlc_20Rnd_762x51_t_fal
hlc_20Rnd_762x51_S_fal
hlc_50rnd_762x51_M_FAL

hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_G3
hlc_20rnd_762x51_T_G3
hlc_50rnd_762x51_M_G3

hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_M14
hlc_20rnd_762x51_T_M14
hlc_50rnd_762x51_M_M14

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG

29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_T
29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_S
hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR -
hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST
hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR

hlc_30Rnd_9x19_B_MP5
hlc_30Rnd_9x19_GD_MP5
hlc_30Rnd_9x19_SD_MP5
hlc_30Rnd_10mm_B_MP5
hlc_30Rnd_10mm_JHP_MP5

hlc_30Rnd_556x45_B_AUG
hlc_30Rnd_556x45_SOST_AUG
hlc_30Rnd_556x45_SPR_AUG
hlc_30Rnd_556x45_T_AUG
hlc_40Rnd_556x45_B_AUG
hlc_40Rnd_556x45_SOST_AUG
hlc_40Rnd_556x45_SPR_AUG
hlc_25Rnd_9x19mm_M882_AUG.
hlc_25Rnd_9x19mm_JHP_AUG
hlc_25Rnd_9x19mm_subsonic_AUG

hlc_200rnd_556x45_M_SAW
hlc_200rnd_556x45_T_SAW
hlc_200rnd_556x45_B_SAW

hlc_5rnd_300WM_FMJ_AWM
hlc_5rnd_300WM_AP_AWM
hlc_5rnd_300WM_BTSP_AWM
hlc_5rnd_300WM_mk248_AWM
hlc_5rnd_300WM_SBT_AWM

Took 5 minutes. I got it all from the first post.  

You realize the class names are all in the first post right? You might not want to call people slow when you exhibit failure in basic reading comprehension.  

Magazines class names and bullet class names are two very different things. BCT tracers works with bullets not magazines. All magazines are linked to their bullet names. And by simply going to the source (ammo) you have changed all magazines of that bullet type (name). Clearly you are not modder, so if that is not your expertise then ...

Magazines class names and bullet class names are two very different things. BCT tracers works with bullets not magazines. All magazines are linked to their bullet names. And by simply going to the source (ammo) you have changed all magazines of that bullet type (name). Clearly you are not modder, so if that is not your expertise then ...

Yet you're a modder, and you're refusing to go get the information you need, because you want it fetched for you. Which is, guess what, entitled.  

What's really funny, is that you're only able to make these patches in the first place because the blastcore tracers are open source, so you're okay with just taking something open source without a formal blessing when it gives you something to be in charge of, yet you demand formal cooperation when it saves you from doing legwork.

BECAUSE I AM F BUSY WITH MY OTHER PROJECTS !!! AND GOING THROUGH DIFFERENT ADDONS TO FIND SPECIFIC CLASSNAMES TAKES TIME and I yet asking for help from person who made it in first place is a wrong move from me.  Why am I even talking to you. I'm an idiot. 

BECAUSE I AM F BUSY WITH MY OTHER PROJECTS !!! AND GOING THROUGH DIFFERENT ADDONS TO FIND SPECIFIC CLASSNAMES TAKES TIME and I yet asking for help from person who made it in first place is a wrong move from me.  Why am I even talking to you. I'm an idiot. 

And sitting here arguing up a storm is wasting so much less? You've gone from "it would be nice if you could give me this information to save me some time" to "I DEMAND YOU GIVE ME THOSE CLASS NAMES OR I WON'T MAKE THE PATCH". As far as I'm concerned you act like you're owed something, and I have a problem with that.

For someone who claims to be juggling lots of projects you have a lot of time to complain about the supposed non-compliance of one guy, just because he wasn't around to answer your question when he lives in a totally different timezone. 

And sitting here arguing up a storm is wasting so much less? You've gone from "it would be nice if you could give me this information to save me some time" to "I DEMAND YOU GIVE ME THOSE CLASS NAMES OR I WON'T MAKE THE PATCH". As far as I'm concerned you act like you're owed something, and I have a problem with that.

For someone who claims to be juggling lots of projects you have a lot of time to complain about the supposed non-compliance of one guy, just because he wasn't around to answer your question when he lives in a totally different timezone. 

Listen kid, go read our previous posts, only one post (my first post) is directed towards HLC maker, all my others posts are towards 3 other persons and you. Leave HLC maker out if this. I have demanded nothing, expect from you to understand. But you are just a little kid who thinks he knows all and doesn't know when to ease up. For your info. I've made a new camo from my FFCP addon and learned how to properly sign my files (I hope, it's will WIP) while also "talking" to you.

Listen kid, go read our previous posts, only one post (my first post) is directed towards HLC maker, all my others posts are towards 3 other persons and you. Leave HLC maker out if this. I have demanded nothing, expect from you to understand. But you are just a little kid who thinks he knows all and doesn't know when to ease up. For your info. I've made a new camo from my FFCP addon and learned how to properly sign my files (I hope, it's will WIP) while also "talking" to you.

I'm 21 actually, you're not exactly an old man at 25, throwing around the term kid just makes you look even more arrogant then you already do. 

"Since I'll be doing all the job at least some help I receive would be nice. Both RHS and Massi were wiling to do their part of the "job" in order to make this addon. So far I haven't got any kind of reply from HLC maker and I won't be making BCT tracers for them."

"it someone doesn't appreciated what I'm trying to make (e.g. not willing to help me), then should I make it?"

Now people can disagree with me on this, but it sounds to me like you're not asking for the class lists, you're demanding Toadie not only give you the class lists, but "appreciate" what you're doing, or you won't do it. Which, in my book is a demand. You're not asking for help, you're demanding it as a precondition. And calling Toadie's backers and fans "slow" while you're at it.

"You people are one strange group. Since you people are little "slow"."

Yes I will not make BCT tracers for them, because I'm lacking a helpful info, It's not in my top 3 things to do this weekend. Maybe next weekend, but then again I'll have other plans.

You maybe are 21, but your posts do not reflect that you are not a kid, I'm 25 and I'm still learning things. Again I have demanded nothing from Toadle, well you could say that because of lacking info. HLC will not receive a compatibility patch for BCT any time soon I just don't have enough time. I'm NOT calling any Toadie backer or a fan to be "slow" person, now it's just you. The fact that you are a Toadie backer and fan is unfortunate. I am a Toaide backer and a fan. Do you really think I would offer my time and addon to make something for Toadie if I was not a fan and in truly meaning of "backer". I'm offering to support his work with my own work, how do you support him is unknown to me.  And it's late and I'm tired we'll continue this debate some other time.

Yes I will not make BCT tracers for them, because I'm lacking a helpful info, It's not in my top 3 things to do this weekend. Maybe next weekend, but then again I'll have other plans.

You maybe are 21, but your posts do not reflect that you are not a kid, I'm 25 and I'm still learning things. Again I have demanded nothing from Toadle, well you could say that because of lacking info. HLC will not receive a compatibility patch for BCT any time soon I just don't have enough time. I'm NOT calling any Toadie backer or a fan to be "slow" person, now it's just you. The fact that you are a Toadie backer and fan is unfortunate. I am a Toaide backer and a fan. Do you really think I would offer my time and addon to make something for Toadie if I was not a fan and in truly meaning of "backer". I'm offering to support his work with my own work, how do you support him is unknown to me.  And it's late and I'm tired we'll continue this debate some other time.

Huh, see your name isn't on the backer list on patreon, you know, the people giving actual material support, at least two of the people you called slow on the other hand are. And no, you aren't offering your time and addon to make something for Toadie, you're demanding something off him to suit your own preferences. You got snippy with Pufu after he pointed out that you could easily get that information yourself, but you said you wanted "appreciation". I don't know why you're trying to claim you wrote something else, considering what you actually said is on the last page. You referred to a group when you used the word slow to describe people.    

Right , now everyone cool it. Respective time-out corners, now. Everyone who's throwing verbal punches, Timeout, right now. Goddamnit people, you did not need to blow this out.

Addressing the whole "it's your job" thing and the general vibe of "if I don't have all the required X, how can I be expected to Y"-

Discovery. Discovery is, in short, the cornerstone of modding. Oh sure, it's nice when you have tools and sources and samples, but they're never a given, and I've been around modding long enough to know this. It's the only real tool you need, and it's not a speciality.Almost everything I know about 3D games art, Animation- both professionally and for modding- has been self-taught through experimentation and discovery, and I'm certain you'll find that's not uncommon amongst modders or even professional game dev staff. Quite frankly, if I did not have the the interest to discover and explore, I would not have tried getting into Arma modding as it stands, let alone animation for it(because have you SEEN what's needed to do this shit? it's CRAZY).

And no, it's not "my job" to personally supply information that's available with a little digging to everyone who asks. "My job", if anything, is to create and maintain mods. That's it. Everything else I do, for the record, is above general expected levels of service. Open source files- developer support bonus. Compatibility PBOs- complex community support bonus. The fact I try and keep step with Engine changes, even that's more than some mod developers are willing to do, and it's entirely a valid call if they're busy or no longer interested.

What I'm saying is, don't take stuff for granted.

To give this a bit of flavor here's what my yesterday entailed-

Writing @25 new Configs to give each of my respective mods optional support for CUP, ACE3(specifically, gear that requires modifying arrays to use, GL rounds etc) and RHS, each in respective PBOs so there's no dud lines to trip anything up when loading.

Now, Two of these I already have and use, and the third I did not, so I had to download that (couple of gigs over my-already-established-as-terrible internet connection).

I then had to find all the weapons with instances of the magazines[] array that I was likely to want to support, as well as all the magazines that I would want to also have support for in my own weapons. Two of these I did not have direct access to source files, so I was manually combing PBOs one config at time using

Next step, writing the configs, not all that hard, and you'd think even with a good amount of duplication this would be quick... But it all does eventually add up.

After sanity checking everything, last step is testing. You'd think that at this point it'd be kind of fun, but no, it's about 2 hours of mixing and matching the PBOs and mods to make sure there aren't any outlier bugs coming from mixing. As it is there are, but, that's another days work .

All up, I spent 5-8 hours (kind of lost track counting after a point) doing this on my own impetus; a large chunk of that was spent discovering all the class names, magazines names, weapons names of things I'd need to write lines in. By the end I'm ratted, but at least I know that my resolution to cater for the users who use more than one of "the big mods" aren't getting ripped off if they mix content (which by my estimates most do in some capacity).

This story I tell you because it underlines what I'm saying- Don't expect mod devs to just hand you data/answers, even if they have it on hand. If they do, great. If they don't, you should have the wherewithal to go discover it yourself.

*deep breath*

Okay,now, with my griping with attitude out of the way-

I will PM you the CfgAmmo list, not because you asked , but because I'd rather civility return and doing so will aid that.

In less Harumph news,  all that shit's done. Most of the weapon set updates are done, and the SG510s are effectively ready to go. As soon as Spartan hands me the finalised GP11 ballistics, everything is rolling out.

REAGHZ8m.pngdsLt4kDm.pngQUXqqSrm.png

HgCTjGBm.png4mxUlODm.pngQuvf5Qkm.png

• Like 12

All I want to say is that I like your weapon mods. I have all of it downloaded and uses them regularly.

Great stuff and glad to hear something new coming out soon. :D 

• Like 1

MG3 is now top of the priority list, so it's now G36, ACR, then MG3. Das uber lobby.

Sounds decent. Can't wait to get hands on the Sig's and give those a try. It's a weapon-family I never used before. 

MG3 after the G36s is great. Combined with G3s and 416s finally outstanding BW-weapons. I'm hoping for the Hk121 and Mg4 soonish. Also looking forward to the ACRs! Thanks for the update, Toadie. And thanks for supporting Blastcore Tracers, also a recommendable mod which my clan and me are using in our current setup. 

Great news, can't wait to get my hands on the G36. And MGs are always welcome. Toadie's packs are by far my favourite 3rd party weapons. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Sounds decent. Can't wait to get hands on the Sig's and give those a try. It's a weapon-family I never used before. 

MG3 after the G36s is great. Combined with G3s and 416s finally outstanding BW-weapons. I'm hoping for the Hk121 and Mg4 soonish. Also looking forward to the ACRs! Thanks for the update, Toadie. And thanks for supporting Blastcore Tracers, also a recommendable mod which my clan and me are using in our current setup. 

which 416s? can't remember toadie published any

He hasn't.

Also, many Christoper Walken's danced to bring you this image:

0F85B28F8FD5E2F80610FFCCF444F134054DD3C0

I call it Tacticool Toblerone.

which 416s? can't remember toadie published any

He hasn't, but there are some by other moders on a similar quality-level.