toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Interestingly enough I was talking with Toadie2k last night about 416 derivatives, seeing as the HK416 has already been done by other modders (EricJ & SMA, & a few others) it might be nice to see a derivative from the CIV/LE sectors. This of course DOES NOT mean that this "idea" is going to happen soon or even happen at all, it was just a small discussion for potential ideas.

Here is what was breifly discussed as an "idea": http://pof-usa.com/

That's a pretty nice rifle, interesting design.

Where's the link to the list? Just want to see whats on it

Here's the current worklist.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/edit#gid=0

Just a note Toadie, since I was the one that requested that Five-seven. The MK2 is the current model, it replaced the USG, which is no longer offered, in 2013. The only two variants of the Five-seven FN offer right now are the MK2 in black or FDE, with either fixed or adjustable sights, all the old models are discontinued. The MK2 is also the new service pistol for the Belgian army.

@War_lord

thanks for the list. Is there a possibility for me to vote for something?

War_lord beat me to it.

Edited by toadie2k

@War_lord

thanks for the list. Is there a possibility for me to vote for something?

It's a patreon privilege. For being a backer you can vote every cycle and get early access to new releases, for $5 a month you can make a request that goes at the bottom of the list. For $10 a month (the tier I'm on) your request goes in at number 15 and you get credited as an author for that weapon.

That is a hell of a list! Is there any particular order?

The higher it is on the list, the greater the priority. Right now it tends to change order a lot because its 27 people voting on a big list so it's prone to trends. From what Toadie has said, after the Sig comes out it's going to be the G36 next, then the ACR, then finishing the Bren gun. 

It's on the Worklist, the when depends on how the Patreon voting trends go. It might be a while before we see any HK 416 types. The G36 is on the horizon though.   

1. where is the worklist? 2. G36 sucks and is ugly as fuck :D worst weapon HK ever produced

1. where is the worklist? 2. G36 sucks and is ugly as fuck :D worst weapon HK ever produced

Well that's your opinion, I think it's a nice change from the 100 iterations of the AR 15 in every video game ever.

I linked to the worklist at the bottom of the list page.

Worst HK gun? What's your source?

I wonder if he's actually claiming that the G36 is worse then the SOCOM, the "offensive handgun" so named because it's offensively large, offensively heavy, and offensively poor at fulfilling the main role of a military handgun.

I wonder if he's actually claiming that the G36 is worse then the SOCOM, the "offensive handgun" so named because it's offensively large, offensively heavy, and offensively poor at fulfilling the main role of a military handgun.

I've heard guys with big hands find it very useful.

Well, being "big" was one of the requirements iirc.

I've heard guys with big hands find it very useful.

Indeed, i personally really liked it when i had the chance to try one out, but then again it isnt well suited for anything out of its niche.

Edit: A middle Tier in the 30$ Range at the Patreon account would be nice, i have more than 10$ to spend, but then again im not sure if i want to go to 60.

Both of them have been accepted to service - HK has a ton of failed projects; the CAWS, G11, XM8, and XM29, and all are pretty bad when you look at them in hindsight.

The Mark 23 met all of the qualifications for what SOCOM asked for when they ordered it, the problem is that it's big and heavy and those are detrimental features considering handguns are not used often. It made a lot more sense in the 90's when an operator's M727 or M4 Carbine would've been too long in many environments and you need a reliable backup for close quarters. Nowadays with MK18s and 10' HK416s being the norm and "high speed, low drag" an unspoken rule in most special forces, the Mark 23 is a liability to carry.

In principal it's still a pretty good niche weapon - reliable, accurate, and very nice with big handed shooters. SOCOM still holds onto their MK23s despite limited use for a reason, y'know.

Also, what is the "Browning M1913 MMG" listed in the worklist? I'm assuming that's meant to be the M1919, but if it's not, I couldn't find anything about an "M1913" other than picatinny rails (and some random internet thread where some guy called a Browning 1919 an M1913)

For those interested in AR's, Toadie2k and I have been discussing some ideas to bring AR's (in a POTENTIAL future update) in different categories. This means if the idea sticks the different models would not just be eye candy like most current AR choices, they would be of different real spec calibers, thus giving you additional tactical choices. Again I need to make this 100% clear, this is all SUPPOSITION at this point, its all in discussion, and nothing more, its just ideas going around.

I couldn't find the answer if the question was asked before, so forgive me if it's already covered:

Are you considering animating AK rear sight (possibly other weapon sights as well) properly when the elevation setting is being changed? I've seen it working in your MP5s and G3s, I can't see a reason why AKs shouldn't have it :) It would be so cool to see the model align correctly for each setting like the GLs do.

Aftermath-AK-47-rearsight01.jpg

Both of them have been accepted to service - HK has a ton of failed projects; the CAWS, G11, XM8, and XM29, and all are pretty bad when you look at them in hindsight.

The Mark 23 met all of the qualifications for what SOCOM asked for when they ordered it, the problem is that it's big and heavy and those are detrimental features considering handguns are not used often. It made a lot more sense in the 90's when an operator's M727 or M4 Carbine would've been too long in many environments and you need a reliable backup for close quarters. Nowadays with MK18s and 10' HK416s being the norm and "high speed, low drag" an unspoken rule in most special forces, the Mark 23 is a liability to carry.

In principal it's still a pretty good niche weapon - reliable, accurate, and very nice with big handed shooters. SOCOM still holds onto their MK23s despite limited use for a reason, y'know.

Also, what is the "Browning M1913 MMG" listed in the worklist? I'm assuming that's meant to be the M1919, but if it's not, I couldn't find anything about an "M1913" other than picatinny rails (and some random internet thread where some guy called a Browning 1919 an M1913)

Personally I like the Mk.23 OHWS system as ordered- it's Desert Eagle big, but not Desert Eagle useless. And yeah, I did mean the 1919, that's a gaff on my part. The .30 Cal Browning belt-fed, you know the one.

Edit: A middle Tier in the 30$ Range at the Patreon account would be nice, i have more than 10$ to spend, but then again im not sure if i want to go to 60.

Yeah, I know there should be another tier there, but I couldn't think of a reasonable mid-way benefit. I mean, you can still put it in at $30 and we can work something out, or you can just stick to the $10 if you're more comfortabl with that.

I couldn't find the answer if the question was asked before, so forgive me if it's already covered:

Are you considering animating AK rear sight (possibly other weapon sights as well) properly when the elevation setting is being changed? I've seen it working in your MP5s and G3s, I can't see a reason why AKs shouldn't have it :) It would be so cool to see the model align correctly for each setting like the GLs do.

Aftermath-AK-47-rearsight01.jpg

I did actually try this, on literally all the weapons, but I've found that the way Arma does sight alignment versus barrel alignment versus trajectory kind of prohibits accuracy at long range. About 15 pages ago I had a gripe about it, if you're interested in more detail on the technciality of it, but the short answer is - tried it, doesn't work.

Another bug report Toadie, the hand position on the G3/SG1 is wack, finger is forward and up from the trigger, clipping into the lower receiver.

Toadie,

could you make your weapons avaiable in zeus, that would be awesome... really !!! :rolleyes:

We get this error quite a lot when using the AK pack

19:10:17 Suspending not allowed in this context
19:10:17 Error in expression <exitWith{}; VOG25P = true; 

waitUntil {!isNull(findDisplay 46)};

[] spawn {

s>
19:10:17   Error position: <!isNull(findDisplay 46)};

[] spawn {

s>
19:10:17   Error Generic error in expression
19:10:17 File hlc_wp_ak\Init.sqf, line 4

Good day to you all,

Toadie, I just had a very silly idea, but I thought I could still ask you if you are interested:

Now, today I was toying around with the Euroforce Addon, and one thing that this mod truly lacks is a unique rifle. Then I thought, the G36 is pretty widespread throughout Europe. Now, what if, in let's say 2028 when the US Army started to field the MX rifle and the new cartridge becoming NATO standard, HK invented some kind of conversion kit that would turn the G36 into a 6,5x38 caseless rifle? ( I know it's a bit of a stupid story)

so basically my question is: would you consider a ficitional version of this rifle for A3 vanilla ammo?

sorry if reading this turned out to be waste of time ;)

Wouldn't that require conversion of the weapon model to include BIS mags and/or proxies? (non-modeler talking)

Toadie,

could you make your weapons avaiable in zeus, that would be awesome... really !!! :rolleyes:

Toadie will look into doing that, it may take some time but it should come eventually.

We get this error quite a lot when using the AK pack

-snip-

Thanks for the error report. It is known and will be fixed.

Good day to you all,

Toadie, I just had a very silly idea, but I thought I could still ask you if you are interested:

Now, today I was toying around with the Euroforce Addon, and one thing that this mod truly lacks is a unique rifle. Then I thought, the G36 is pretty widespread throughout Europe. Now, what if, in let's say 2028 when the US Army started to field the MX rifle and the new cartridge becoming NATO standard, HK invented some kind of conversion kit that would turn the G36 into a 6,5x38 caseless rifle? ( I know it's a bit of a stupid story)

so basically my question is: would you consider a ficitional version of this rifle for A3 vanilla ammo?

Interesting idea, if Toadie has the time while working on the G36 pack he'll consider it.

Wouldn't that require conversion of the weapon model to include BIS mags and/or proxies? (non-modeler talking)

It would take a bit of work but I think Toadie can do it. He'll just be pressed for time with the next two upcoming gun packs.

Good day to you all,

Sorry, but this scenario is very, very unlikely as things are now. 

The reason is because the G36's future in the German army is more than just in doubt. Apparently due to numerous flaws that were made apparent when it was used in combat in Afghanistan, the G36 has been declared "unsalvageable" by the Germans. 

The most striking problem that was reported is that when the G36 heats up from firing, the accuracy goes to hell so fast and so severely that it renders the rifle essentially unusable at anything past 100m. 

Here's one of many articles about the whole ordeal:

http://www.janes.com/article/50424/g36-investigation-raises-questions-about-german-service-rifle