toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Hey toadie, I think I have another bug report. Right now I'm not able to swap barrels on either of your M60s or SAWs in ACE3. The weapons do heat up but when I have a spare barrel in my pack I'm not able to swap it like I can for the SPMG or Negev.

Hey man, excellent job on your weapon mods I like them all. Could you make a PKM/PKP weapon?

Another niggling suggestion - the traditional "manual of arms" reloading procedure for the FN FAL has the user racking the charging handle with the palm facing yourself and the thumb facing away from the rifle. This is a more "positive" action and allows the operator to use the muscles in the arm to rack the notoriously stiff/heavy FN charging handle (vs. just the wrist). The only time it's advisable to rack with your palm facing out is when you need to lock the working parts to the rear by first retracting the charging handle and then engaging the bolt catch with the thumb.

If my wording doesn't make sense, take a look at this video. The guy racks it correctly around 0:55 or so:

Anyway, some useless trivia. The animation for the FN reload shows it being done with the palm facing out - which has always bothered me in games. Change it if you'd like, or ignore it - still a great addon regardless!

edit: Funnily enough the guy in the DSA video above later racks it the way you've shown in your animations, so maybe I'm just completely wrong. Anyway, the method I've always liked when shooting my own FALs (and the one I've seen in many other places) is as I described. Your choice, of course. I completely understand if you have no interest in reworking the animation just to satisfy some idiot who comments in your threads, though. ;)

About that error in the AK mod about the VOG25P..you're calling the script in Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers, I'm not sure if that's a scheduled environment or not...the error I'm seeing would indicate it isn't. Trying to suspend a script in a non-scheduled environment will cause a generic error which is what people been getting.

Toadie, move the suspension to go inside the scheduled scope and you should be fine.

Aka, move the waitUntil code down under the [] spawn...or make the pbo entirely optional, as you mentioned...either way. :P

Hope this helped in case your friends didn't respond back to you yet :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Speaking of AUGs there's a minor bug with them, in that the A2 carbine appears to use the same model as the standard-length A2.

Will check if this is the case on my end and pass it on to Toadie, thanks for the report.

Hey toadie, I think I have another bug report. Right now I'm not able to swap barrels on either of your M60s or SAWs in ACE3. The weapons do heat up but when I have a spare barrel in my pack I'm not able to swap it like I can for the SPMG or Negev.

Thanks, will double check and pass it on.

Hey man, excellent job on your weapon mods I like them all. Could you make a PKM/PKP weapon?

It is a bit down Toadie's gun list, so it will come eventually.

Another niggling suggestion - the traditional "manual of arms" reloading procedure for the FN FAL has the user racking the charging handle with the palm facing yourself and the thumb facing away from the rifle. This is a more "positive" action and allows the operator to use the muscles in the arm to rack the notoriously stiff/heavy FN charging handle (vs. just the wrist). The only time it's advisable to rack with your palm facing out is when you need to lock the working parts to the rear by first retracting the charging handle and then engaging the bolt catch with the thumb. -snip-

Will take note, thanks for the suggestion.

About that error in the AK mod about the VOG25P..you're calling the script in Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers, I'm not sure if that's a scheduled environment or not...the error I'm seeing would indicate it isn't. Trying to suspend a script in a non-scheduled environment will cause a generic error which is what people been getting. -snip-

Thanks for letting us know, I'll pass it on to Toadie.

Love all your weapon packs, thank you! I would like to report a bug with the BCM Jack Carbine, it will only accept the suppressor from your mod, not others (for example the RHS Rotex suppressors, even the vanilla 5.56 supp from BIS won't go on it), all the other ar15s in this pack can freely use these muzzle devices by other authors, I hope to see a fix where this is possible with the BCM Jack as it is one of my favorites.

Hey Toadie, the ladder sight on the G3KA4 M203 is missing its texture in 1st person.

Love all your weapon packs, thank you! I would like to report a bug with the BCM Jack Carbine, it will only accept the suppressor from your mod, not others (for example the RHS Rotex suppressors, even the vanilla 5.56 supp from BIS won't go on it), all the other ar15s in this pack can freely use these muzzle devices by other authors, I hope to see a fix where this is possible with the BCM Jack as it is one of my favorites.

This is known and should be fixed in the next update. I'll remind Toadie to be sure it's noted.

Hey Toadie, the ladder sight on the G3KA4 M203 is missing its texture in 1st person.

I could not reproduce this issue, are you sure everything is up to date on your end?

hey there,

would it be possible to lower the "height on shoulder " of the m60e4 and SAW´s a bit so that the optics didnt stick into or over the helmet of the soldier?

also i would like to make a request for the xm29 OICW again :-D

hey there,

would it be possible to lower the "height on shoulder " of the m60e4 and SAW´s a bit so that the optics didnt stick into or over the helmet of the soldier?

also i would like to make a request for the xm29 OICW again :-D

There's a Patreon request system, if you actually want your suggestion to have any weight you've got to play by the rules. Just yelling "gib XM 29 plos" means that you'll probably get your request in 2030.

I could not reproduce this issue, are you sure everything is up to date on your end?

The error I'm getting indicates that the game is trying to load the GP30 textures from the AK pack. And I'm using PWS so it should be up to date.

EDIT: Okay, now it's working, I have no idea what happened. I guess Arma just temporally pooped itself.

Edited by War_lord

i would like to request via patreon, but looks like a credit card is needed. :-D

mah, if it is in HLC quality i can wait till 2030 :-D

i would like to request via patreon, but looks like a credit card is needed. :-D

mah, if it is in HLC quality i can wait till 2030 :-D

You can use PayPal on Patreon, regarding the SAW/M60 positioning Toadie might look into it but no promises. Overdoing any of that can break certain things.

I get a script error when joining ANY missions. Please fix it and update your mod!

This is some pretty bad quality mod just because it feels like it was NEVER tested before the release of the latest update....

****ing pathetic...

Btw, the animations are really amazing, loving the sound of the reload

I get a script error when joining ANY missions. Please fix it and update your mod!

This is some pretty bad quality mod just because it feels like it was NEVER tested before the release of the latest update....

****ing pathetic...

Seriously?!!??......

Does this error break your mission ? I don't thing so. It's a minimal problem comparing all the work. We use 3/4 of the mods released by him and we really like it.

****ing pathetic...

That was quite the emotional rollercoaster. :O

Toadie is the only one working on the configs, audio, animations and models of current HLC weapons, just as an understanding of why there is and will be issues. You can minimize the amount of errors by turning on the -noLogs parameter on your end and the server if you have access.

****ing pathetic...

I am going to focus on the ****ing pathetic part of your comment, and you know what is ****ing pathetic, you Mr. Know it all critic have contributed what to the ArmA community? Nothing, yep, NOTHING, now that is ****ing pathetic. I might get a warning for this post and if I do I intend to make it my signature just to show people the arrogance that some users have regarding mods that they get FOR FREE paid for by others time and donations (if donation tabs have been established). Toadie2k and his team work tirelessly to get these mods out to the public, and yes there are issues, however if you have ever done any config writing/editing in ArmA its a pain in the ass. If you have any CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions/opinions about someones mod, show the work or the code problem with a possible fix, and watch, it will most likely get fixed. If you think you can do better then by all means make you own mod a prove to the community that you are the best, until then be respectful and thankful that others take the free time to do this massive amount of work to give you a better ArmA experience.

@all please keep things civil. Thanks

As promised I am going to make my previous comment a signature for everyone to see and understand, as I have checked the TOS for the BI forums there is no ordinance against such action, perhaps it will have some impact on others posts and something good will come of the negative post to which I replied.

I think people need to relax, I don't think the wider community has any doubt that Toadie is doing fantastic work here. ;)

Is there an ETA on the weapons detailed in the google doc? I'm just curious - quite obviously Toadie is doing this in his own time and it would be beneath us to demand anything from him.

I think people need to relax, I don't think the wider community has any doubt that Toadie is doing fantastic work here. ;)

Is there an ETA on the weapons detailed in the google doc? I'm just curious - quite obviously Toadie is doing this in his own time and it would be beneath us to demand anything from him.

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Mr. Toadie was just going to work on his list in order of priority. Not that I am trying to speak for him but I don't believe any firm dates were set; after all, they'd be in my calendar if they were lol

I'm getting a bug with the SAW's having an error message looking for the magazine.p3d mesh from the M60, can anyone replicate?

Well at this point its been about 3-4 weeks since I have talked personally with Toadie2k, last time I talked to him we were discussing pistols, mainly glocks but thats as far as I am going with that. Just to be perfectly clear all we did was DISCUSS, its not like its a work in progress, its just ideas being thrown around.

There's no specific dates for each weapon, each one will take its own time depending on the variety of the weapon and what he chooses to do but certain things will throw Toadie off of his work of course. I'm assuming the worklist and guns will eventually be continued/ported onto the next Arma game as his work list is quite massive. The list will swap around as Patreon contributors vote to prioritize certain weapons.

Yeah basically what Aron said, it's linear progress thing. For example the SIG 510/Stgw 57's http://i.imgur.com/v8k90Cg.png are coming along and I'm looking at having that out within the fortnight, providing I can shake this flu and get some proper time without a floaty,mucus-filled-head to finish up. Then it'll be the G36s and ACRs ,etc etc. Looking at around 1 weapon being "done" every month, time and complexity depending.

And yeah, it'll be ongoing throughout whatever happens to the Arma series going ahead. If Arma4 comes out, ideally I'd up-port to whatever that is running as well as A3, but that's a hurdle I'll look at when we need to cross it.

Also to address the last page- Like was said(and has been said in the past), there is literally one person here working on stuff, and that is me(and Spartan,when it's ballistics time), and over the last year I've been making an effort to keep it that way and keep independent of others for the directly of flow of what gets worked on and when (partly as a creative choice, partly to not have to deal with permission and copyright, and ultimately because I can). Creating new stuff, entirely from scratch is a big, BIG time sink. For example, even with about a weeks break in the middle, I put in abot 2-6 hours a day for 2 months for for M249s right up until they released, and on TOP of that, I also was making sure that all my existing releases were not only working with every new BI update, but with compatibility with select OTHER mods. It's a lot of goddamned work to keep on top of, man, especially for one person. When you compound this with my Terrible Australian Internets , I really don't have the affordations of time or bandwidth to be able to push out debug builds while I'm working, especially when at times it'd need to be in the area of a solid gig worth of dedicated upload every few weeks(when your local infrastructure can get you at max 53kbps, every 6-10 hour upload is a drag, especially when you're not the only one using that connection). So I fix what I can when I can. I have a list, and work down it.

Net result, occasionally I will miss something, and when that impinges on your playtime or enjoyment, I'm sorry. I work literally as much as I can to get on top of it as I can. Regarding the script error on the VOG25P specifically - Someone offered up the script and fully configured Grenade round, and as far as I was aware it was fully functional and error-free. Turns out it wasn't, I'm fixing it, Everything gets yet another patch when the 510s come out, end of story. I'd love to do it faster, but I am only one person.

I'm getting a bug with the SAW's having an error message looking for the magazine.p3d mesh from the M60, can anyone replicate?

Will be fixed next version.

Side note- All the RHS compatibility patch will be broken down into optional PBOs for each respective weapon set, same with JSRS. Seems to make more logical sense that way. Also considering throwing in CUP support up in a similar fashion.

Edited by toadie2k
Clarification on something