toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

While BI may subscribe to the school of thought that says it's okay to brace or support your weapon off the mag, I don't, as with a good number of rifles that leads to feed issues (of most notable infamy, M16s and M4s). Seeing as the prone deployed state for weapons without bipods isn't actually a 'supported' stance, this leads to the issue where my weapons sink you into the ground.

That's an old wives tale from mags that haven't been in production for a long time. I've shot I can't count how many rounds through an M4, as have many retirees and sport shooters at my local range (I'll add that the active duty shooters qualify not even a half mile down the road). Resting the magazine on deck is now taught in the Army Marksmanship Course. The Canadian rifle team uses it without issues, as well as some other well known shooting organizations. There are a hundred articles that tackle this myth.

http://archive.armytimes.com/article/20080504/NEWS/805040329/Weapons-training-and-qualification-overhauled

http://www.recoilweb.com/the-rifle-mag-as-a-monopod-53211.html

Chris Costa (Art of the Carbine) and some other famous firearm instructors advise against it, but haven't gone into personal experiences. Meanwhile instructors (military and civilian) and competitors who aren't afraid to play with this method have had tens of thousands of rounds using this method with no noticeable change in frequency of feed issues. You have some recently famous guys who don't use the method (and probably never did due to indoctrination) saying it's prone to feed issues, but you have a lot more guys actually using it without issue.

It's your mod, you can do whatever you want with it. But the idea that mag resting causing feed issues hasn't been accurate for quite some time. Once upon a time it may have had some truth to it, but certainly not today. If you want it to be accurate as you say you do, using the mag as a monopod is a widely accepted, proven, and taught method of shooting.

Edit: You probably can't get to ArmyTimes because of registration, but here's the bit.

Here are three shooting tips trainers are stressing as part of Fort Benning's new approach to marksmanship:

1. Rest your magazine on the ground when shooting from the prone. This goes against years of training guidance that said this would lead to ammunition feeding problems. Not true, say professional shooters. If your weapon jams, something else is causing it. Resting the magazine on the ground while in the prone steadies the weapon as well as any sandbag, without harming the magazine or the weapon's cycling of rounds.

Edited by mitch27

Deploying a weapon when prone doesn't decrease sway/recoil any further than just being prone and 'resting' does. Only time it matters is when a bipod get involved

Before the latest update, it was all right .. now I can not 'to put the accessories in the rifle.

It is the code that, can you help?

class hlc_rifle_SAMR;

class arifle_SAMR_full : hlc_rifle_SAMR

{

class LinkedItems

{

class LinkedItemsOptic

{

slot = "CowsSlot";

item = "iansky_specterdrkf_t";

};

class LinkedItemsMuzzle

{

slot = "MuzzleSlot";

item = "hlc_muzzle_556NATO_KAC";

};

class LinkedItemsAcc

{

slot = "PointerSlot";

item = "acc_pointer_IR";

};

};

};

same problem for another rifle. Only these two have problems with accessories.

class hlc_rifle_M4;

class arifle_M4_full : hlc_rifle_M4

{

class LinkedItems

{

class LinkedItemsOptic

{

slot = "CowsSlot";

item = "iansky_specterdrkf_2D";

};

class LinkedItemsMuzzle

{

slot = "MuzzleSlot";

item = "hlc_muzzle_556NATO_KAC";

};

class LinkedItemsUnder

{

slot = "UnderBarrelSlot";

item = "bipod_01_F_blk";

};

class LinkedItemsAcc

{

slot = "PointerSlot";

item = "acc_pointer_IR";

};

};

};

Edited by 2rgt oberst

Hi Toadie,

sorry, if i repeat my question: It is possible to add compability with ACEs overheating and barrel changes to your SAWs?

@Toadie

Please add the ability for the weapon to be rested on the mag, if you cant disable it being rested at all without bipod, then I think its not a good "compromise" or some sort of deterrent to have it glitch out like that, because using that you can pretty much submerge yourself in the ground, and more or less "cheat" in something like PVP, as well as the fact that it just looks messed up and glitchy in general. Your weapons are really awesome and it sucks when I get submerged halfway through the earth when I want to rest my G3 in an open field :(

Hey Toadie,

was just testing some things with our mods, and came across the following in the .rpt

10:47:26 Warning: leftHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_fhawc\anim\awc_rechamber_prone.rtm

10:47:26 Warning: leftHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_fhawc\anim\awc_rechamber_stand.rtm

10:47:26 Warning: leftHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_fhawc\anim\awc_rechamber_stand.rtm

10:47:26 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_fhawc\anim\awc_reload_stand.rtm

as well as:

11:03:53 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_honeybadger]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[PointerSlot] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE]

11:03:58 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_FAL5061]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[asdg_MuzzleSlot_762_FAL] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE]

11:04:00 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_bcmjack]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[asdg_MuzzleSlot_556_Jack] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE]

11:08:34 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_RU556]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[PointerSlot] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE]

11:09:32 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_falosw]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[PointerSlot] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE]

11:09:32 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_falosw]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[asdg_MuzzleSlot_762_FAL] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE]

11:10:21 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_SAMR]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[CowsSlot] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\TOP]

11:10:21 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_SAMR]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[PointerSlot] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE]

11:20:50 Error: Weapon[hlc_rifle_RU5562]: max attachments slots count reached(maximum = 5)! Attachment slot[PointerSlot] for weapon's proxy[\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE]

11:25:54 Error in expression <exitWith{}; VOG25P = true;

waitUntil {!isNull(findDisplay 46)};

[] spawn {

s>

11:25:54 Error position: <!isNull(findDisplay 46)};

[] spawn {

s>

11:25:54 Error Generic error in expression

11:25:54 File hlc_wp_ak\Init.sqf, line 4

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by omnirock
additional info.

@toadie

Will the all-in-one package get updated? For some reason my pc hates having all the files seperate and I get errors if I simply but everything in one folder

Hey there HLC team

Congrats on the latest release version, gonna test it soon. Just a short issue report: in the OP the main links for G3 and M14 are swapped. Not a big deal though, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Keep up the awesome work!

Guest HellGhost

Hi Toadie,

I stay here a little more just to informed you about some problems in you packs.

I don't see any problems with accessories like many others, maybe because of my personnal config' files for accessories.

But I see that many AUG rifles lost their icons.

I already try to remove the files I make and that modified your mod (not the original one, of course, just an altenative file) and that's not coming from my side.

If you want to check that when you have time.

install the old version of the mod: HLC AR15 Pack. With this version, I had no problems.

@toadie2k I have small feature request, could you add ACE HuntIR compatibility to your underbarrel GL's?

You just need this:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]    class UGL_F: GrenadeLauncher {[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]        magazines[] += {"ACE_HuntIR_M203"};[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]    };[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

In a future update can you put a logo next to all of the HLC weapons in the VA arsenal for people like me who run a bunch of mods together. Eric J and the 3rdCB BAF Weapons pack have the icons and they help when your looking for a certain item from a certain pack. Just a suggestion. I can provide a screenshot if need be.

@Toadie2K

I really like the AWM mate, good job!

As part of a British based unit I was excited to see this Rifle in all its glory. But I was slightly disappointed to find only a .300 variant and no .338 as used by the L115A3.

Are you planning on adding the .338 variant at all?

@Toadie2K

I really like the AWM mate, good job!

As part of a British based unit I was excited to see this Rifle in all its glory. But I was slightly disappointed to find only a .300 variant and no .338 as used by the L115A3.

Are you planning on adding the .338 variant at all?

If Toadie2k decides to make one in .338LM I have all the ballistics he will need for that rifle, in fact they are rated for the same barrel length as the L115A3 AWSM, all of the bullets are made by Lapua as well, and Lapua was kind enough to e-mail me their ballistics charts on all 3 rounds.

Small Update: I have changed the FMJBT .338 round from a 250 grain to Lapua's new 300 grain, it should be near the same ballistic match as the AP and OTM thus making shots near identical between all three (well in theory).

Edited by Spartan0536

If Toadie2k decides to make one in .338LM I have all the ballistics he will need for that rifle, in fact they are rated for the same barrel length as the L115A3 AWSM, all of the bullets are made by Lapua as well, and Lapua was kind enough to e-mail me their ballistics charts on all 3 rounds.

Small Update: I have changed the FMJBT .338 round from a 250 grain to Lapua's new 300 grain, it should be near the same ballistic match as the AP and OTM thus making shots near identical between all three (well in theory).

See now you're just teasing me!

Could you make a P-226 all variants for A3?

The P226 handgun will come eventually, with possibly even the new P227.

Came to think of something;Could you add doubble-tap to it? Holding down the mouse button makes it shoot 2 bullets,then keeps it shooting as long as it is depressed? Also,add animation about slider let forward with hand still on top of it.

I would also like to get some Paint ball ammo for it.

And a bunch of appropriate green and splinter cammos to,please.Maybe,even the FN-Five-Seven,if you want/have the time.

Thank you.

he says in the video that the hanguard and buttstock were both 3D-printed. so it is still an early prototype, not the final approved version

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

It is known and only comes up on dev. It should be fixed sometime later.

cannot confirm. i'm on stable and i'm getting this as soon as i'm in the main menu, but that seems to be because i also start with other mods as well. haven't figured out yet which one is causing it...