toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Welp. Playing a very random yet fun duel (all MP5 variants lined up with one magazine each, you pick them up one after the other) I noticed that at least one of them sprayed dirt when shot.

I'm away from a competent PC at the moment so I can't specify which ones in particular, sorry.

Hey Toadie, could you update your RHS Patch again? It's an awesome tool to have, and just the new RHS 7.62 weapons need to be added AFAIK. Thanks so much my man!

Toadie, just ran a test, all of your weapons are allowing be to deploy their bipod even when they have none attached or can't even mount one. Also there's a scale difference between the two LAR-15's. The MP5's still spit sawdust when hit with bullets. The zeroing on the MP5 irons is still totally out of wack, I took some screenshots. Lastly, I can equip Bipods to all the Rifles with GL's except the G3KA4, but I can't put a Bipod on the non GL version of the gun ever though the rail is there.

Edited by War_lord

Does anyone know what kind of hand guard/rail is on the AR15 sanitized?

Is there any github or other webpage to ask feature?

No, not really. This thread still is the best way of getting in contact with me regarding bugs and features.

Does anyone know what kind of hand guard/rail is on the AR15 sanitized?

IIRC it's hybrid of the Geissele SMR 1, the Handguard off the Honey-Badger, and some artistic license thrown in.

Toadie, just ran a test, all of your weapons are allowing be to deploy their bipod even when they have none attached or can't even mount one.

That's consistent with the behaviour with every weapon in Arma3 right now, which is why the deploy points are forward of/directly on the support hand, simulating the actual point you would "deploy" a bipod-less weapon on an object- a bracing on an object between the off-hand and the weapon (soldiers clip through ground when deploying prone, but I give that a pass on the grounds that trying to do that IRL without a bipod or other support is equally pointless)

Also there's a scale difference between the two LAR-15's.

Double checked that, ingame and in OB, I disagree with your statement.

The zeroing on the MP5 irons is still totally out of wack, I took some screenshots.

Known, said as much when they came out, not likely to fix.

So, here's the thing- the Mp5 sights are not concentric on the Diopter- that is that they all do not share the same axis of orientation to the front post, nor is any one of those alignments perfectly flat and here's where execution butts heads with Arma's Ballistics.

Arma changes the arc of the bullet to ALWAYS point at the player crosshair (even when it's off, it's still a point), the center of screen. This isn't a problem when the sight axis is 0 degrees offset to the bore, the problem is that when you change that angle, rather than using the point-of-aim pivot as the rotational point to correct on to the zeroing axis, the is instead done off the barrel ( at least that's where it appears to be happening), leaving the now corrected sights to sit lower to the target by the offset amount in relation to the zero. So the sights sit lower, than the center of screen, but the bullets will ALWAYS hit the center screen.

The aggrevating thing is, this only happens with weapons that use bullets. GL rounds, rockets, "thrown" weapons, none of those seem to be affected by this, just bullet-based weapons. There's work arounds and I've been given suggestions on how to fix, but quite frankly, all would certainly take away from the use of the weapons (either making the sights unusable, making the gun handle awkwardly, or produce some pretty uggo visual issues).

So my advice is to just not mess with the sights under fire- pick a zero,stick to it and use hold-overs like you would IRL. At the worst, you're looking at aiming neck to get the forehead.

Lastly, I can equip Bipods to all the Rifles with GL's except the G3KA4, but I can't put a Bipod on the non GL version of the gun ever though the rail is there.

First part is known,requires entire rewrite and restructures, but will fix at some point. Last part's new and literally impossible. Make sure your ASDG_JR is up to date.

Hey Toadie, could you update your RHS Patch again? It's an awesome tool to have, and just the new RHS 7.62 weapons need to be added AFAIK. Thanks so much my man!

Yep, got plans to update it with the rest of everything when the AWMs go out (which is basically just waiting on Spartan for his 300WM ballistics).

Edited by toadie2k

12:55:40 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_saw\anim\gesture\m249_reload_crouch.rtm
12:55:40 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_saw\anim\gesture\m249_STANAGreload_stand.rtm
12:55:40 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_saw\anim\gesture\m249_STANAGreload_prone.rtm
12:55:40 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_wp_saw\anim\gesture\m249_STANAGreload_stand.rtm

Can you have a look at this for the next m249 patch.

Thanks!

Reposting for visibility

Yep, got plans to update it with the rest of everything when the AWMs go out (which is basically just waiting on Spartan for his 300WM ballistics).

I am working on it, been making sure all my new variables are correct, and I am running personal in game tests right now to check the values, its looking very good, should have those nice Mil-Spec .300 Win Mag rounds ready for you in about 1-2 days. You will be one of the first people to get your hands on my new V3 ballistics which starts with 5.56x45 and .300 Win Mag. Once I get feedback on the final values I will start going back over all my old work.

I am working on it, been making sure all my new variables are correct, and I am running personal in game tests right now to check the values, its looking very good, should have those nice Mil-Spec .300 Win Mag rounds ready for you in about 1-2 days. You will be one of the first people to get your hands on my new V3 ballistics which starts with 5.56x45 and .300 Win Mag. Once I get feedback on the final values I will start going back over all my old work.

can you check your calibre values? they're much lower than expected causing stuff like 556 penetrating less than a .45 pistol

Diggity dang then this weekend's going to look sharp as all get out then.

http://i.imgur.com/gj2NJmC.gifv

Edited by toadie2k

Diggity dang then this weekend's going to look sharp as all get out then.

http://i.imgur.com/gj2NJmC.gifv

Finalized Ammo for the Arctic Warfare Magnum (.300 Win Mag)

1. MEN S230430 Full Metal Jacket (Steel Jacket, Lead Core)

2. Mk248 Mod 1 Open Tip Match (220 Grain Sierra MatchKing)

3. MEN DM131 Armor Piercing (Tungsten Carbide Core, Copper Case, Steel Jacket)

All have been specifically formulated for a 26 inch barrel at ISA conditions using G7 Ballistics Coefficients

Toadie, please please please make a weapons pack with HK416 in it :D! It would be awesome with your skills

IIRC it's hybrid of the Geissele SMR 1, the Handguard off the Honey-Badger, and some artistic license thrown in.

ImBrokeRU stated that he modelled it after the Remington RAHG rail, but I guess it's based on an early/prototype one where the RAHG had the cutouts for the Remington R5 gas piston system:

firearm_carbine_R5_4_ss.jpg

The R5 RGP has a monolithic upper receiver rather than a removable handguard (which is what the RAHG is), but you can see the similarities to ImBroke's original model

ImBrokeRU stated that he modelled it after the Remington RAHG rail, but I guess it's based on an early/prototype one where the RAHG had the cutouts for the Remington R5 gas piston system:

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/~/media/Images/RemingtonMilitary/slideshow/firearm/firearm_carbine_R5_4_ss.jpg

The R5 RGP has a monolithic upper receiver rather than a removable handguard (which is what the RAHG is), but you can see the similarities to ImBroke's original model

I stand corrected then. Yeah that certainly does look more like it.

Do you have plan to make Anti tank launcher such as FGM 148 Javelin or RPG?

https://youtu.be/sNAhyZE2ORE?t=33s

I'm asking this because if you can make the reload animation (more like setup) like this.

Neither of those specifically. I was looking at maybe the Carl Gustav M3 and M4 down the track, as well as the M202A1 Flash and M18 Recoil-less or M20(and as an outside contender, PIAT), but none of those are of great standing in the work list right now.

However that said, when the time comes around for launchers, yeah you can expect it to be something like that. Definitely will be something you have to commit planning to reload.

Reposting for visibility

Not a big problem, Will be fixed.

Toadie, please please please make a weapons pack with HK416 in it :D! It would be awesome with your skills

They're on my work queue, don't you worry.

Ok Toadie2K I stayed up all night and got the ballistics finished and uploaded to you, have fun and you are welcome!

Ok Toadie2K I stayed up all night and got the ballistics finished and uploaded to you, have fun and you are welcome!

Thanks for all of the work you do, Spartan!

Sadly, I get the following message which doesn't allow me to launch the game at all:

"Bad animation file format in file

'hlc_wp_saw/anim/gesture/m249_reload_crouch.rtm'. "

Any ideas on whats causing this?

Hi Toadie, firstly great mods, your animations and models are literally second to none. However, a quick query, using the new RHS M249's which are I believe are your M249's, when you reload them you go through the full reload animation (which is great by the way), however, at the end the player doesn't recharge the cocking handle to put the new round into the chamber?

Other than that keep up the good work!

Hi Toadie, firstly great mods, your animations and models are literally second to none. However, a quick query, using the new RHS M249's which are I believe are your M249's, when you reload them you go through the full reload animation (which is great by the way), however, at the end the player doesn't recharge the cocking handle to put the new round into the chamber?

Other than that keep up the good work!

The weapon handling drills for the M249 SAW/C9 LMG are such that a gunner conducts a load simply my opening the feed cover placing the rounds on the feed tray to the edge of the cartridge stop and finishes by closing the feed cover. The weapon fires on an open bolt system where the action is held to the rear after cocking/charging the weapon; thus there is no round that enters the chamber during this process. It is only upon firing the weapon that the round enters the chamber.

@Broduz

Ah thank you, I stand corrected, I thought it weird that it would be missing as the rest of the animation is so detailed.

loving all the mods toadie!! this and your Mods in F:NV are Top-notch!!

also pretty sneaky reference to Upotte on one of the LAR-15's. didnt realized it was M16A4 on the side of the Buttstock lol

Any chance you can do the same on the Battle-rifles like the M14,G3A3 and the FN FAL? :D

what, Toadie made mods for F: NV?! guess it's time to replay it

as far as i remember yeah. been a long time since i visited the Nexus forums though. i think he makes the mods alongside Millenia.