toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

When certain models with stock bipods are deployed in prone position, the bipod's legs hover quite high above the ground. Moreover, your knees, feet and abdomen lift off the ground too.

On the other hand when deploying on the vertical grip/ammobox, you sink into the ground quite noticeably (especially if you traverse the barrel).

And the DLC bipods attached to the models with grips collide with them.

The machinegun itself is held a bit too high and attached scopes don't align with the soldier's eyes.

Edited by Hieronymus

I have noticed that the arm of the character clips through the ammobox and is highly noticeable. If it is possible to extend the arm a little more it could be fixed or even making the ammo box (where the arm clips) not visible.

I have noticed that the arm of the character clips through the ammobox and is highly noticeable. If it is possible to extend the arm a little more it could be fixed or even making the ammo box (where the arm clips) not visible.

I don't think that would help (the arm would still clip), and extending the arm can introduce one ugly animation bug.

Edited by Hieronymus

I don't think that would help (the arm would still clip), and extending the arm can introduce one ugly animation bug.

Indeed it could so I guess just making that part non-visible would work?

Congrats on release toadie. Shits awesome! Cant wait to see whats next! Hopefully SCARs!

So as I am watching Blackhawk Down I looked to see if Deltahawk was still make his early 80's to 2000's units for ARMA 3 (turns out he is!) and I though hot damn would it be cool to have the M16's in the AR15 pack and the old classic Minimi with the round softmag?. Wink wink nudge nudge Mr. Toad?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6c/BHDMinimi-4.jpg/450px-BHDMinimi-4.jpg

So as I am watching Blackhawk Down I looked to see if Deltahawk was still make his early 80's to 2000's units for ARMA 3 (turns out he is!) and I though hot damn would it be cool to have the M16's in the AR15 pack and the old classic Minimi with the round softmag?. Wink wink nudge nudge Mr. Toad?

You could use RH's M16A2, but in doing so you will introduce a slight but noticeable inconsistency in reload animations across your modded rifles. Thank Jebus for Toadie's Colt Carbine and its exquisite carryhandle rail-mount, which you'd obviously use for your Deltas (image), and you also have Toadie's M60 for your Rangers. I'm not sure whose M14 you'd use, though.

Edited by LuckyLegs

Toadie, the reload animations are now spot on perfect. Great job man and I cant wait to see what youre cooking up next. Now to make some LMG kits :D

Congrats on release toadie. Shits awesome! Cant wait to see whats next! Hopefully SCARs!

Toadie's gun list will be updated very soon when he tidies up the other packs. From what I know next is the StGW 57 series, then the ACR family. The Accuracy International AWM he was working on may fit in somewhere, it's almost done.

Toadie's gun list will be updated very soon when he tidies up the other packs. From what I know next is the StGW 57 series, then the ACR family. The Accuracy International AWM he was working on may fit in somewhere, it's almost done.

Really.. Thats kind of disappointing.. Was hoping it would be SCARs or the WWII pack. Oh well! Eventually!

Well, the AW is literally at around the 90% complete for Arma stage already, so it's going to be done quick, probably even within the week- it's literally a non-issue to polish off. As to the WWII stuff, I'm working that stuff on the side. The Mk1(m) Bren is about 90% mesh complete, with UV mapping,baking, texturing and animating to go.

First, THANK YOU for all your work and contributions to the community, toadie2k.

Second, would you have ANY plans to add the M60E6 to your M60 pack? That would be an amazingly beautiful addition. Please consider....there's nobody else I'd prefer to see it created by =)

...or how about some Mk48's?

WELL! I guess if I would've looked at your gun list Id know you were planning for both of these and currently working on the Minimi's & 48's! Sorry for bloating your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by -POET-

Toadie, congratulations on the new release; top notch quality as usual. Thank you very much.

To support the current and upcoming configs for ACE3 (some of them coming on next release), you should add the following entrie to the weapon:

class hlc_lmg_minimipara: hlc_saw_base
{
	ACE_Overheating_AllowBarrelSwap = 1; // Same as in AGM

// ACE 3.0 (same as AGM), deprecated after ACE 3.1.0
	ACE_Overheating_Dispersion[] = {0,-0.001,0.001,0.003}; 
	ACE_Overheating_SlowdownFactor[] = {1,1,1,0.9};
	ACE_Overheating_JamChance[] = {0, 0.00004, 0.0002, 0.0011}; //Corresponding to 23400 MRBS.

// ACE 3.1.0+
	ACE_Overheating_Dispersion = 0.00075; // Corresponding to the array above
	ACE_Overheating_Slowdown = 1; // Corresponding to the array above
	ACE_Overheating_MRBS = 23400; // Corresponding to the array above

};

First, THANK YOU for all your work and contributions to the community, toadie2k.

Second, would you have ANY plans to add the M60E6 to your M60 pack? That would be an amazingly beautiful addition. Please consider....there's nobody else I'd prefer to see it created by =)

WELL! I guess if I would've looked at your gun list Id know you were planning for both of these and currently working on the Minimi's & 48's! Sorry for bloating your thread.

In the weapons list open to vote by Toadie's Patreons the E6 is on there. The Mk48 I think as well however I think it was in brackets next to the Minimi's

Is it JUST the MP5 pack doing this?

I suspect that it's more the recent 1.44 update that did it than anything I've done, but nonetheless I'm looking into it. Any additional info you could provide would be helpful here. If your server runs Battleye, make sure the players are also running the arma3battleye exe instead of the plain arma3 one.

Our server also crashes after trying to add the MP5 pack to it. It's worth looking into. Our server does not run battleye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadie probably would've had them in originally, but as he said he didn't want to delay the SAWs any further. Creating them took longer than expected but the attention to detail was worth it. He does have the Maximi/Mk48 on the sideburner list, they'll arrive eventually.

Toadie, congratulations on the new release; top notch quality as usual. Thank you very much.

To support the current and upcoming configs for ACE3 (some of them coming on next release), you should add the following entrie to the weapon:

class hlc_lmg_minimipara: hlc_saw_base
{
	ACE_Overheating_AllowBarrelSwap = 1; // Same as in AGM

// ACE 3.0 (same as AGM), deprecated after ACE 3.1.0
	ACE_Overheating_Dispersion[] = {0,-0.001,0.001,0.003}; 
	ACE_Overheating_SlowdownFactor[] = {1,1,1,0.9};
	ACE_Overheating_JamChance[] = {0, 0.00004, 0.0002, 0.0011}; //Corresponding to 23400 MRBS.

// ACE 3.1.0+
	ACE_Overheating_Dispersion = 0.00075; // Corresponding to the array above
	ACE_Overheating_Slowdown = 1; // Corresponding to the array above
	ACE_Overheating_MRBS = 23400; // Corresponding to the array above

};

Cheers, greatly appreciate the heads up on that.Will look at integrating that at the next practical chance.

In the weapons list open to vote by Toadie's Patreons the E6 is on there. The Mk48 I think as well however I think it was in brackets next to the Minimi's

It's still in there on the cards.

Our server also crashes after trying to add the MP5 pack to it. It's worth looking into. Our server does not run battleye.

Weird mammajamma. Will look at closely.

Our server crashed with HLC MP5s but I just changed the mod load order of the MP5s and it worked fine after.

I had to come back and say it again.These weapons are amazing!i have never used LMGs in arma as the recoil means firing from any stance except prone is too much for me.However I can use these ones!The reload anims are the BEST I have seen not just in Arma,but in many many FPS games also.Your magpul M4s are perfect for CQB SEAL missions and having aggressors equiped with your AKs always adds the finishing touch to missions.From someone who has moved from always using an M4 m230 exclusively to finding my self running with a SAW,I thank you.

I see you have a Patreon-I will be donating.

(Is there any way to add your reload anims or audio to other packs?i love the suppressed M4 sound)Thanks!

loving these m249s. great work.

Ive talked to a few people in the past about how it feels to use this weapons and they say it pretty much buzzes it shoots so many bullets out. thats something that'd be great to capture. right now if it was quite this controllable in all stances there'd have been no reason for the m27.

sorry to use youtube but i have no other actual reference.

Hey Toadie

Just booting up ARMA dev branch today with your mods and now your HLC CORE mod is coming up in the launcher with the somewhat bloated title Half-Life Creations Modset.

However in win explorer I've named it HLC CORE.

I don't believe I saw this earlier in the week when I was playing with your mods, so maybe something has changed in the launcher? Or was this something you've changed on your end?

Thought it an odity you may wish to know about.

Cheers

E

wzT9PEYP.jpg 9anjP09c.jpg

Hi Toadie, I really enjoy the animations and level of detail that goes into your HLC pack and really love your new SAW pack. I have a question for you regarding how you set the weight on your weapons and the magazines they use. I play with a PMC realism unit and I often try to help guys set up realistic weapons loadouts. One of my many difficulties is that just about everyone wants to take a big 7.62 NATO battle-rifle (thanks to you we have lots to choose from). Obviously the 7.62x51 NATO round has lots of advantages over the 5.56x45 round (longer range, better stopping power, arguably more accuracy) but the 5.56 had its selling points too. The biggest one, which was likely a bit overstated at the time was that for a given combat load, soldiers could usually carry twice as many 5.56 rounds vs 7.62 giving them a comparative advantage in available firepower.

One of the things I've noticed on your weapons is that the standard 20 round 7.62x51 magazines for the G3, FN FAL and M14 weight the same as a standard 30 round 5.56 STANAG both are 0.8 pounds / 0.36 kg respectively. The realistic weights for these would be 1 pound for the 5.56 vs 1.5 pounds for the 7.62 but I realize you probably have you reasons for how you set your weights. I was wondering if this is just done for game-play reasons (if you make the magazines too heavy you might run into being able to carry one mag on their uniform ect.) or is it because the 33% ammo advantage in 30 round 5.56 vs 20 round 7.62 should be enough.

On the topic of ammo weights, I really like what you did with your SAWs by making the 200 round plastic belt packs so heavy/massive, you won't have a guy running around with 6 of them in his vest and another 12 on his back! I was wondering though if you had any plans to come out with a 100 round cloth pack like a lot of special forces units use on the SAW.

By the way can't wait to see your L115, it all that one of my friends can talk about.

Hey Toadie

Just booting up ARMA dev branch today with your mods and now your HLC CORE mod is coming up in the launcher with the somewhat bloated title Half-Life Creations Modset.

However in win explorer I've named it HLC CORE.

I don't believe I saw this earlier in the week when I was playing with your mods, so maybe something has changed in the launcher? Or was this something you've changed on your end?

Thought it an odity you may wish to know about.

Cheers

E

It's been that way since V1 of the AKs. I might change it, but it's low priority compared to anying else.

Hi Toadie, I really enjoy the animations and level of detail that goes into your HLC pack and really love your new SAW pack. I have a question for you regarding how you set the weight on your weapons and the magazines they use. I play with a PMC realism unit and I often try to help guys set up realistic weapons loadouts. One of my many difficulties is that just about everyone wants to take a big 7.62 NATO battle-rifle (thanks to you we have lots to choose from). Obviously the 7.62x51 NATO round has lots of advantages over the 5.56x45 round (longer range, better stopping power, arguably more accuracy) but the 5.56 had its selling points too. The biggest one, which was likely a bit overstated at the time was that for a given combat load, soldiers could usually carry twice as many 5.56 rounds vs 7.62 giving them a comparative advantage in available firepower.

One of the things I've noticed on your weapons is that the standard 20 round 7.62x51 magazines for the G3, FN FAL and M14 weight the same as a standard 30 round 5.56 STANAG both are 0.8 pounds / 0.36 kg respectively. The realistic weights for these would be 1 pound for the 5.56 vs 1.5 pounds for the 7.62 but I realize you probably have you reasons for how you set your weights. I was wondering if this is just done for game-play reasons (if you make the magazines too heavy you might run into being able to carry one mag on their uniform ect.) or is it because the 33% ammo advantage in 30 round 5.56 vs 20 round 7.62 should be enough.

On the topic of ammo weights, I really like what you did with your SAWs by making the 200 round plastic belt packs so heavy/massive, you won't have a guy running around with 6 of them in his vest and another 12 on his back! I was wondering though if you had any plans to come out with a 100 round cloth pack like a lot of special forces units use on the SAW.

By the way can't wait to see your L115, it all that one of my friends can talk about.

The short answer about the 556 STANAG vs 762 mags is one of oversight in inheritance- I've never spotted that they weren't different "mass" (a value, that's almost entirely artbirary), if it makes a difference, STANAG mags tesselate less efficiently than the box-shaped 762 mags, so it's easy to imagine that ultimately the additional weight of 762 vs 556 would even out against the odd-shaped mags inside a ruck.

as to the L115, not STRICTLY an L115 (.300 WM instead of .338 Lapua)

http://i.imgur.com/fen9630.png

Soon.

Hey toadie!

Love the modpack, just got a question.

With ACE3, they have extra configs for your weapon packs. After doing some digging it seems its all only for advanced ballistics, is that right?