toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

No one's requested the UMP45 yet? I don't think anyone's made a mod for it yet either, still I don't think I'd use it unless it was made by toadie, to be honest.

I'd personally like to see stuff that can see wide use, AR's (which Toadie almost has done), DMR's, Handguns and Sniper Rifles, nothing against Sub-Machineguns but they're a niche weapon.

I'd personally like to see stuff that can see wide use, AR's (which Toadie almost has done), DMR's, Handguns and Sniper Rifles, nothing against Sub-Machineguns but they're a niche weapon.

I don't know, they have there place I feel. I personally would love to see a UMP-45, and maybe a P-90. Widely Used with sf units, and There are allot of community's that are going sf just because its either cool, or they do not have enough people to run a large unit like a full mechanized unit. Guns like the MP5 can reach out to 200m and with a suppressor and subsonic rounds, can be very deadly during night ops. When it boils down to it everything is a niche weapon. Would you go close quarters in a town to clear it out with a sniper rifle, would you use a full length AR to clear a building? No? Maybe a Carbine? well then you loose some effective range (In real life at least) due to the shorter barrel. Thats why having teams in real life and in video games is good, you can have a guy with the long range capability, along with some people who can clear more tight areas effectively and maybe someone with a machine gun, who can suppress people. Its all relative. And don't get me wrong Toadie dose some great work. But I think the current ArmA community is saturated with M16's M4's. AK and various other rifles. Just my view on it.

I don't know, they have there place I feel. I personally would love to see a UMP-45, and maybe a P-90. Widely Used with sf units, and There are allot of community's that are going sf just because its either cool, or they do not have enough people to run a large unit like a full mechanized unit. Guns like the MP5 can reach out to 200m and with a suppressor and subsonic rounds, can be very deadly during night ops. When it boils down to it everything is a niche weapon. Would you go close quarters in a town to clear it out with a sniper rifle, would you use a full length AR to clear a building? No? Maybe a Carbine? well then you loose some effective range (In real life at least) due to the shorter barrel. Thats why having teams in real life and in video games is good, you can have a guy with the long range capability, along with some people who can clear more tight areas effectively and maybe someone with a machine gun, who can suppress people. Its all relative. And don't get me wrong Toadie dose some great work. But I think the current ArmA community is saturated with M16's M4's. AK and various other rifles. Just my view on it.

As what you have mention here,I wanna support your idea.In my unit we don't have enough member for large mission,we only have no more than 10 guys so the only way for us to play is have some SF ops with about 7-8 men group fire team.And after about 3 years since ARMA2,most of our menbers have decided their own style and role in the unit,like we now have specific men play as specific branch in the fire team like Marksman,AT guy,LMG gunner etc.And at the early time when ARMA3 released,we dont have enough mod to use and made these guys in our unit could not find the right weapon for their specific branch and really bother us in missions.After some talent modder like Toadie bring us the mods,we can now make missions just like we did in ARMA2,and that's make everyone happy and we do appreciate the modders like Toadie to make all these happen again in ARMA3.

So here we are not ask for modders to make something FOR US,but just wanna to share our own opinion here and we thought maybe our opinions would give the modders more ideas.that's the original target of us to put out opinions here in this forum.

Does anyone else get that feeling, when requesting some weapon to toadie, like it's asking for money to your parents?

Personally, I'd love to see Toadie some HK416's, HK417's, SCAR's, and sidearms. His animations are amazing as well as the textures and models. The only complaint I have is that if you want a top rail laser it is added to the bottom rail........not my preference, but hey it is what it is I suppose. Regardless, thanks Toadie I really appreciate all the hard work!

Edited by -POET-

Thing is, MP5 sucks when it comes to the requirements of Modern War. No stopping power, can't go through Armour, limited range, that's before subsonic rounds. When I want close range I'll go with a Carbine, or for really close range a PDW like the Honey Badger. Submachine guns are an outdated concept. I'm speaking as someone who's only interested in Special Operations Forces stuff.

Carbines are the best all round option, granted they have a range limitation but the typical engagement happens within the 600 meters, which is well within Carbine Range. If you're carrying an MP5 in that sort of engagement, you're basically screwed. Once the M249 pack is done, I'd much rather see Long range rifles (7.62 NATO, .300 Winchester, maybe even the M107) and some handguns. I agree that we don't really need any more Assault Rifles right now.

Obviously that's all opinion on my part, Toadie can make what he likes.

hm, after the minimi package i would like to see the maximi package, my guys and myelf are mostly in combat on A-Stan maps. so the engagment ranges are are pretty long sometimes and there are no good looking m249 based 7,62 weapons on the addon market right now. for now our gunners use the marksmen dlc mg´s (that sound like shit) or toadies m60e4, which is a bit limited in nightops (no sound suppressor, no laser attachment, the m60e6 will fix this issues and it is also on toadies list^^) so a mk48 mod0/1 or the maximi used by NZDF forces would be much appreciated.

but as war_lord said Toadie can make what he likes. and i will use it ^^

Thing is, MP5 sucks when it comes to the requirements of Modern War. No stopping power, can't go through Armour, limited range, that's before subsonic rounds. When I want close range I'll go with a Carbine, or for really close range a PDW like the Honey Badger. Submachine guns are an outdated concept. I'm speaking as someone who's only interested in Special Operations Forces stuff.

Carbines are the best all round option, granted they have a range limitation but the typical engagement happens within the 600 meters, which is well within Carbine Range. If you're carrying an MP5 in that sort of engagement, you're basically screwed. Once the M249 pack is done, I'd much rather see Long range rifles (7.62 NATO, .300 Winchester, maybe even the M107) and some handguns. I agree that we don't really need any more Assault Rifles right now.

Obviously that's all opinion on my part, Toadie can make what he likes.

Intellectually I agree, but that really only applies if you play in the context of modern contemporary "milsim". If you run an operation say, depicting any point between the60s and 2003-ish,you'd be well withing reason picking SMGs over carbines for CQB assault teams, as that was the generally the go-to for such teams. In a KOTH/Wasteland context too, an MP5k makes a very viable bag-gun/backup for a marksman. Light and quick to bare, can carry a bunch more mags. Not QUITE a substitute, but the trade off is a LOT more bullets.

hm, after the minimi package i would like to see the maximi package, my guys and myelf are mostly in combat on A-Stan maps. so the engagment ranges are are pretty long sometimes and there are no good looking m249 based 7,62 weapons on the addon market right now. for now our gunners use the marksmen dlc mg´s (that sound like shit) or toadies m60e4, which is a bit limited in nightops (no sound suppressor, no laser attachment, the m60e6 will fix this issues and it is also on toadies list^^) so a mk48 mod0/1 or the maximi used by NZDF forces would be much appreciated.

but as war_lord said Toadie can make what he likes. and i will use it ^^

I did want to do a Maximi/Mk48/Minimi 7.62, but the 5.56 version alone has been keeping me busy enough as it is. Look for the first version after initial.

Speaking of, been busy with that.

Meshes done, UV mapping....

Done. Animation rig..

http://imgur.com/a/6ypeh#0

Textures

http://i.imgur.com/bmDIcUV.png

Begun.

The extra time spent doing all the extra research and meshbuilding on small parts is certainly now paying off.

Does anyone else get that feeling, when requesting some weapon to toadie, like it's asking for money to your parents?

Hahahah :rthumb:

Anyway toadie2k, will you change ADS Camera position on AKs?

Scenarios where my group has used your SMGs:

- Helicopter pilots/Vehicle crewmen

- Police operations

- Spooks (CIA/MI6/DGSE)

- PMC light security details

- gangsters

- Russian Paratroopers (well, the AKSU)

- Old style SF (the flip-flop wearing MP-5/10-toting Navy Seal Squad of Doom)

Having some SMGs that really pack a punch (thinking UMP-45/MP-7) would be really neat in all of these contexts. Very often on our server the SMGs will be used to give players the ability to just defend themselves for a limited amount of time, but in the field of "getting close and personnal and kick a lot of asses", only the MP-5/10 and the AKSU really qualify against most foes, and a rifle-caliber carbine is often very effective at up to 300m, which defeat the close combat purpose.

I honestly want to see a P90! The reason I think people have steered clear from it is because of the animations! Since you have all the skills you could certainly make one!

one small question, is the mp5 defined as a smg or assualt rifle in this mod? I ask becuase when i use _Wep = [_primweapon] call BIS_fnc_itemType; it sometimes seems to come back as AssaultRifle but should rather be submachinegun.

Toadie stated a few pages back that we could expect some modernized AKs like that, rifle dynamics and the like.

Unfortunately it's gonna be abit after other major packs. Something to definitely look forward to though!

What happened to the AWM? I saw the pictures on the patreon page and it looks perfect.

since the last update of hlc core, cba and so on, the g3 isnt working anymore (did you change the class of the magazines? we dont have magazines anymore.. except for the G3/SG1)

since the last update of hlc core, cba and so on, the g3 isnt working anymore (did you change the class of the magazines? we dont have magazines anymore.. except for the G3/SG1)

The G3 works fine for me. Latest HLC guns, core and CBA.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

What happened to the AWM? I saw the pictures on the patreon page and it looks perfect.

The AWM has been put on temporary hold due to some new things for Toadie to work on. It may be cycled in soon but no guarantee.

Great work! I especially love the G3 and MP5 variants :)

Any chance some G36 Rifles will be made at some point in the future?

Great work! I especially love the G3 and MP5 variants :)

Any chance some G36 Rifles will be made at some point in the future?

Toadie does have a G36 on his work list. It is #74 on there.

Just a heads-up:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/praezisionsprobleme-beim-g36-schon-2012-bekannt-13551676.html

http://www.dw.de/german-defense-minister-says-no-future-for-g36-rifles-in-bundeswehr/a-18399209

An educated guess, based upon 20 years as an 18B and from my own deployments in Afghanistan, co-located with with elements of KSK, I would bet that the Bundeswehr will probably move to the HK416 series for general issue. The 416 series weapons are already type-classified by the German Defense ministry, are already available for issue, and would keep HK (a national industry) from going through another painful series of financial problems. And it is a good weapon, of excellent quality, though in an 'apples-to-apples' comparison, just a tad heavier than the M4.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with ARMA 3, the game, of course. I'm just saying that, if I were contemplating a future German forces mod/conversion, for the sake of future realism ( reflecting an accurate simulation of German forces) I would take it into consideration.

Just a heads-up:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/praezisionsprobleme-beim-g36-schon-2012-bekannt-13551676.html

http://www.dw.de/german-defense-minister-says-no-future-for-g36-rifles-in-bundeswehr/a-18399209

An educated guess, based upon 20 years as an 18B and from my own deployments in Afghanistan, co-located with with elements of KSK, I would bet that the Bundeswehr will probably move to the HK416 series for general issue. The 416 series weapons are already type-classified by the German Defense ministry, are already available for issue, and would keep HK (a national industry) from going through another painful series of financial problems. And it is a good weapon, of excellent quality, though in an 'apples-to-apples' comparison, just a tad heavier than the M4.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with ARMA 3, the game, of course. I'm just saying that, if I were contemplating a future German forces mod/conversion, for the sake of future realism ( reflecting an accurate simulation of German forces) I would take it into consideration.

If I remember correctly this is an issue that comes with the Bundeswehr rifles only, something that was modified in the export versions. This would explain how the Germans are the only ones complaining about the loss in accuracy.

True or not, the rifle has an enormous list of users, which in itself would allow for a lot of flexibilitah with regards to unit roleplay (if that's what you're into).

oh please stop the g36 is crap and it will be replaced sh*t:

last message regarding the G36 issues was that it was no problem of the g36 at all. it was a ammunition problem. that was already pointed out in 21. Februar 2014 by the bundeswehr.

the problem was the tin jacket used. if the thickness of the tin jacket changes only a bit the flight path of the bullet isn´t consistent anymore.

even if it is a problem with the gun or its barrel it makes more sense to just change the part and not the whole rifle