toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Guest HellGhost

And any news on the fix for the accessories not shown in the Arsenal ?

Watching the new DLC early showcase really made it feel like they got inspired by your reload animations :P

Guys,M14 is with or without rails? Or it`s different M14 M1913 rifle?

P.S M14 should have invisible M1913 rail,untill you mount the scope.

Edited by Kukaracho

I know the aug has a 2 stage fire system, is this represented in game? I know the aug can be "Tap" fired with less recoil. And will there be a version similar to NZDF one with a fire selector in the future? Just wondering.

I know the aug has a 2 stage fire system, is this represented in game? I know the aug can be "Tap" fired with less recoil.

Yes, insofar that there is one fire mode (given that the base Steyr doesn't have a fire selector IRL) - one brief click for a semi shot, hold it down for auto, a la the real thing.

I remember reading somewhere that Toadie intends to do the Commonwealth Steyrs in the future, so we'll see whether he decides to put a single shot lockout stud on those as per reality.

So the forum has eaten this message like 4 times, 5 time's a charm.

Toeadie, just a small friendly hint concerning designation codes realism and consistency with real world for the AK pack.

Everything from AK-74, so where besides letters there are also number in the code, should have - symbol in designation code.

So it should be:

AK -> AKS -> AKM -> AKMS -> AK-74 -> AKS-74U -> AK-74M -> RPK-74 -> AK-12 -> RPK-12 and so on.

Nothing very important, but as person with pedantic approach to these things, tough I might give you a notice about that.

Keep up a great work.

And I just missed a window to correct this. DAMNIT. Ah well, next version.

Hey Toadie, I know your list of guns you want to do is already unbelievably long, but have you thought about including a Fedorov Avtomat? Technically the first select fire assault rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedorov_Avtomat

No plans at the moment. While it's a fantastic piece of history and looks hellaballer, it's really only been used in a war noones shown any interest in recreating in Arma, so it's really not a priority. Time permitting in the future, maybe.

Toadie, Do you have plans on making/adding the AKMS or AKS-47 (AKS) to the AK pack? I know that Twinke Masta made an AKS-47 at some point, but I haven't been able to find very many AKMS models (If you could do something with Mr. Rifleman's model it would be awesome). I know you're probably drowning in guns, but if you could do this (Possibly with GP-25s/30s) it would make your already amazing mod even better.

No immediate plans,no. I've got modernised AKs (and some more esoteric versions), some AK-descended patterns chalked in for later, so it's certainly possible I'll have a look at it at that point. Some going basicalyl for the RPK74.

Hi Toadie,

Since the last update I've done with the HLC Mod Pack, no more issue with the M4 Carbine (see my last post with the screen capture).

So, problem solved !

Another thing, is it normal that in the MP5 mod page, we can see another suppressor than the 9mm one from BI ?

Because when I select one of the MP5 in the VA, no way to have another suppressor than the 9mm one, except for the MP5/A10 with the .45 ACP suppressor of course.

Just want to know if the VA don't show your accessories or if it's just the mod that don't show the accessories.

Thanks for your work !

EDIT : Ok, it's clearly a problem, the VA don't show the barrel extensions that coming with your weapons... Any idea on how to fix this ?

I have no idea what's causing that.

I'll have a look at it, but I'm not personally experiencing anything like that.

Just thought I would give a big thanks to the authors who took the time to create these awesome weapons. These models and textures are some of the best I've seen. The texture artists that have been able to simulate patina, wear and tear, metal chips, etc on the older rifles like the Kalashnikov variants did an outstanding job, the same can be said for the models, they are highly accurate and look gorgeous. Nice work! :)

Indeed. I intend to keep the same attention to detail going throughout my work this year.

Thanks for the update!

I feel that all of the weapons need some work done on the recoil effect. There is neglible difference between firing an rpk, AK74 and AKM. These weapons should handle very differently.

Overall across the board your weapons seem to have very little recoil.

Also the Rpk12 has a serious sound bug. It sounds like a airsoft gun when fired.

Can confirm, that's unfortunate. Maybe somebody can whip up a hotfix real quick as this was not an issue in the previous version.

Aaaah FFF[transmission break]

Okay, I've got a hotfix you can dump in your HLC mods, and delete it when the next version comes out (though if you don't, it won't affect anything negatively). I'll repeast the link at the bottom of this post just in case.

http://toadie.updatedtuesdays.com/PubSharbse/Mods/RPK12 fix.rar

Watching the new DLC early showcase really made it feel like they got inspired by your reload animations :P

Hah yeah, inspired.

Guys,M14 is with or without rails? Or it`s different M14 M1913 rifle?

P.S M14 should have invisible M1913 rail,untill you mount the scope.

It's not in the supply box, you can find it in Virtual Arsenal or VAS though, or you can jsut call it by class-

hlc_rifle_M14_Rail

RPK12 Hotfix, will be deprecated by next version, but won't interfere with it.

http://toadie.updatedtuesdays.com/PubSharbse/Mods/RPK12 fix.rar

Guest HellGhost

That's weird !

So, for you, there is no problem for your accessories in the Virtual Arsenal ?

Do you think that using the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack can be the problem ?

EDIT : I've just try without the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack, that's not the problem, still no way to see the barrel extensions like the suppressors from your mod.

Edited by HellGhost

When I activate your latest version of the MP5 Pack, the vanilla 9mm suppressor is gone, along with the ones included in your pack. Zero other mods installed, just HLC core and the MP5 Pack.

When I activate your latest version of the MP5 Pack, the vanilla 9mm suppressor is gone, along with the ones included in your pack. Zero other mods installed, just HLC core and the MP5 Pack.

You need the newest ASDG_JR I think,it's now 0.13.I use HLC MP5 with ASDG_JR 0.13 and all 9mm suppressors work fine.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

That's weird !

So, for you, there is no problem for your accessories in the Virtual Arsenal ?

Do you think that using the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack can be the problem ?

EDIT : I've just try without the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack, that's not the problem, still no way to see the barrel extensions like the suppressors from your mod.

Strange,I'm now using NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack along with HLC MP5s and all suppressors works fine in VA.I'm also using ASDG_JR 0.13.

You need the newest ASDG_JR I think,it's now 0.13.I use HLC MP5 with ASDG_JR 0.13 and all 9mm suppressors work fine.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

I figured it out now, on the 1st page of this thread, the first "MP5" download link is an old version "v1.1", while the armaholic link is newer "v1.25" The old version is not compatible with something and caused the issue.

I figured it out now, on the 1st page of this thread, the first "MP5" download link is an old version "v1.1", while the armaholic link is newer "v1.25" The old version is not compatible with something and caused the issue.

Oh,that's all make sense,I always download from Armaholic and I haven't notice it.

Toadie,you have to update the link in first page lol!;)

Guest HellGhost

JinougaF,

Yeah, like I said, I'll find this weird as well, so I'll try without NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack and still no way to see the HLC Barrel Extensions, so that's not the problem.

I really don't know why this happening.

I check frequentely for the most recently updated version of each mod.

I think that some other mods may hide some accessories from others packs.

So, what do you think I should do to get this issue fixed ?

Actually, I'll try to activate each weapon mod one by one to try to see if it's the issue.

I'll start by the HLC ones, if the issue is still here, I'll see that.

If not, I'll add each weapon mod until I find the one that get the issue.

Toadie,

Another issue spotted : http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/HellGhost/HLCAR15Error_zpscupc2f4c.jpg

Toadie. It's really nice of you to share your insights about the future of your modifications. The list of TODO weapons is hefty but will no doubt make many of us happy.

Now I really hate to make another request (as my first post to this thread was already semi request like), but I was wondering that would it be a big work to add (or make a new version) a front grip to your M14 SOPMOD? A somewhat reference picture could be found here. Your SOPMOD is definitely my favorite M14 I have found for Arma 3 so far and the front grip is the only thing I'm missing.

I know you probably drown to these requests so sorry in advance. :)

Thanks,

Ripppe

JinougaF,

Yeah, like I said, I'll find this weird as well, so I'll try without NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack and still no way to see the HLC Barrel Extensions, so that's not the problem.

I really don't know why this happening.

I check frequentely for the most recently updated version of each mod.

I think that some other mods may hide some accessories from others packs.

So, what do you think I should do to get this issue fixed ?

Actually, I'll try to activate each weapon mod one by one to try to see if it's the issue.

I'll start by the HLC ones, if the issue is still here, I'll see that.

If not, I'll add each weapon mod until I find the one that get the issue.

Toadie,

Another issue spotted : http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/HellGhost/HLCAR15Error_zpscupc2f4c.jpg

I'm using RHS 0.3.6,ASDG_JR v0.13,NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons Pack,AGM,ALIVE,ADF mod and a lot of other mods ATM,and they all work fine so far,don't know what would cause your issue.So far I don't have any issues you've reported here except the losing of some pictures(like what your last screenshot showed).

Guest HellGhost

I think I find what causing the issue.

It's a mod from ASDG, the *.pbo names are :

- asdg_jointmuzzles.pbo

- asdg_jointmuzzles.pbo.asdg_jointrails.bisign

I'm a little surprised that's not mentioned in the HLC pack.

Visibly, all are ok, muzzle extensions for HLC correctly showned in VA, but when adding this JointMuzzle with the mods, BENG, no more muzzle extensions for HLC weapons.

I'm pretty sure that jointMuzzles is already part of the latest version of ASDG Joint Rails.

Using the old seperate .pbo will certainly cause problems.

Guest HellGhost

Dimitri_Harkov, yes that's right, it's specified in the ASDG JointRails page.

I've just forget to often to read the changelogs, so it's all my fault.

Issue solved for the attachements.

But many weapons are still not suppressed, even with suppressor, but I don't speak for Toadie's HLC, I don't already restest them actually.

And the fact with the unaccurate Subsonic Bullets (when available) is really boring.

I've already watched for videos of real weapons tested with suppressors and Subsonic Bullets and never seen what I see when using them in ArmA III, or ArmA II.

If you want to hit someone with a precise aiming shot, you need to come very close.

Trying to shoot at a medium distance with a Subsonic ammunition get the bullet hitting really too high.

Hello colleague, I would say that the M14SOPMOD with Zeroing unbalanced with Scopes Vanilla, where the marking on the Scope is 300m, but the firing line goes way up, as if the Scope was set to 1000m.

I hope you understood that I wanted to pass, on my English by Google Translate.

Not only FAL but some HKs have suppressors w/o holes too.

Dimitri_Harkov, yes that's right, it's specified in the ASDG JointRails page.

I've just forget to often to read the changelogs, so it's all my fault.

Issue solved for the attachements.

But many weapons are still not suppressed, even with suppressor, but I don't speak for Toadie's HLC, I don't already restest them actually.

And the fact with the unaccurate Subsonic Bullets (when available) is really boring.

I've already watched for videos of real weapons tested with suppressors and Subsonic Bullets and never seen what I see when using them in ArmA III, or ArmA II.

If you want to hit someone with a precise aiming shot, you need to come very close.

Trying to shoot at a medium distance with a Subsonic ammunition get the bullet hitting really too high.

I think I have these files in ASDGJR,but not sure.I dont have such issues so far.Maybe i should check again tomorrow.

Guest HellGhost

JinougaF,

Just finished testing some weapons.

For example, all the MP5 in the packs are correctly suppressed if I used the suppressor with Subsonic bullets.

But for an unknow reason, the only weapon of all the pack that really designed to be completely suppressed can't be completely silenced even with the Subsonic bullets : MP5-SD6.

That's a little ironic, because with the integrated suppressor, even with Subsonic bullets, firing with the SD6 get me totally spotted haha.

And like always, it's still a complete deception to look at the different magazines availables for weapons and see the "Subsonic" mention... At this moment, I clearly know that I always must to come closest as possible to my targets to being able to get a clean shot and don't take the risk to see the bullet hit two meters above the aiming point.

Some weapon mods get suppressed amunitions, like the 5.56mm EPR.

I really like them, because using it with a suppressor give a real suppression and a clean precision for clean shots at medium range.

So, like I already said, and like nsnipe seems to say, not only models need to be corrected.

Oh, and nice profile picture, Arnavisca Santiago from Rainbow Six.

The real ones, so for me, the last real Rainbow Six is Raven Shield.

nsnipe,

I don't see any missing textures on MP5 suppressors.

Only for the FAL one.

Can you provide a screenshot with the unfinished suppressors in the VA for we can see what weapon and what suppressor you speaking about ?

Hi Toadie et al. I come here for two familiar reasons; first to thank you, for the extreme effort you've put into all of your releases. By far these are the highest quality weapons I've seen in Real Virtuality, period. I anticipate your future releases, and I appreciate that you are giving time to relatively unpopular weapons I personally love like the HK21.

Secondly, to complain. I am reporting here two issues with the M60, firstly, the aforementioned problem with the quick change handle seeping through the handguard, and secondly, an issue that it seems hasn't been mentioned yet (sorry if it has), which I can best describe with this image:

http://i.imgur.com/tG672HS.jpg (182 kB)

As you can see the entire front half becomes invisible when made foreground to water. Only applies to the portion actually "submerged," as you can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/f3F3ccW.jpg (150 kB)

Thank you.

Edit: Just had a look and realized this bug also occurs with certain editor placed objects such as the Zamak at close distances, making the original 60 almost unusable.

Edited by ColonelHartigan