toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Hey Toadie2k, love your work! I'm not playing ArmA without your weapons, the look and feel of them is truely improving my gaming experience.

Seeing you have such an extensive list of firearms you want to bring in to the game, I was wondering if you have plans to add the HK G33 or the HK G41. They would fit nicely to your HK G3 pack and would also complement the FN FNC from your list (for assault rifles that aren't based on the AR-15 or AK).

Anyway, thanks for your work!

So, I looked over the list, and I'm completely psyched for the various marks of Lee Enfield, especially the Delisle. Can I ask if the Delisle will have accurate sounds set up? Or is it too early to know?

Aug a3 stand reload animation need little trim imo

after punch the boltcatch the left elbow goes too high position and it move to default gun holding position.

because of this animation most of our community member feel dizzy when they are watching this animation in first person.

so we ask to you to tweak that transition animation between last reload animation and default gun holding animation.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397593699

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397593711

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397593723

In that vein, with this new content coming out this year being more involved, I intend to keep up the creative intertia of the existing animation releases. That is-

Sources available, engine-format content available, source code available. All under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial Share-A-Like license.

What this means is basically that as well as the content being available in total as mods, the source material will be free for any mod to use in it's totality, thus giving a viable way to fill out a project if it's missing a specific piece without the need to drag in other dependencies if they don't want it. In essence an open library of Arma3-quality kit that anyone can use and modify, providing they stay within the grounds of the CC-NC-ND and retain the chain of evidence in regard to credits.

Unfortunately ND stands for "No Derivatives"... if you're intending if you're intending to "retain the chain in regard to credits", are you sure that you're not actually thinking of CC-BY-NC-SA? (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike... which reminds me of APL-SA; I recognize that they're not the same thing but I figure it's worth asking for this clarification since you name-dropped two different licenses here.)

Aug a3 stand reload animation need little trim imo

after punch the boltcatch the left elbow goes too high position and it move to default gun holding position.

because of this animation most of our community member feel dizzy when they are watching this animation in first person.

so we ask to you to tweak that transition animation between last reload animation and default gun holding animation.

Will be fixed in the big unifying patch mentioned before.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397593699

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397593711

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397593723

Yeah, got it one the to do list for the last Core update

So, I looked over the list, and I'm completely psyched for the various marks of Lee Enfield, especially the Delisle. Can I ask if the Delisle will have accurate sounds set up? Or is it too early to know?

Pretty Accurate, I've got some decent-ish sounds for it, I've just got to do a little massaging to make it sound good in game, but you can rest assured it's basically just a sort of tap-pop.

Unfortunately ND stands for "No Derivatives"... if you're intending if you're intending to "retain the chain in regard to credits", are you sure that you're not actually thinking of CC-BY-NC-SA? (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike... which reminds me of APL-SA; I recognize that they're not the same thing but I figure it's worth asking for this clarification since you name-dropped two different licenses here.)

Yes, that was a gaff on my part, I did indeed mean NC-SA, not NC-ND.

Edited by toadie2k

Hey toadie will you include the BI standard pistol animation of the muzzle fliping when the pistol shoots? like the ones in robert hammer pack?

Would you be kind of doing the PARA USA 1911 Black Ops Combat pistol with their new extended mags of 14+1 .45 ACP, they have one of the best double stack 1911's

http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/tactical/combat.php

Reason of the editing: had to leave the page to get the link... my cell phone sucks :D

Edited by Ckrauslo

Yes, that was a gaff on my part, I did indeed mean NC-SA, not NC-ND.
Might want to correct that lest anyone look there. ;) That being said, CC-BY-NC-SA and not CC-NC-SA?

Sorry if this has been answered already but.. Is the HLC JSRS patch still needed/working with the newest version? (Dragonfyre)

Thanks Toadie, now I can't really use any weapon that's not from you since I'm too used now to the extreme high quality.

Same here, also i start wondering if i can "block" weapons added by others mods... (rly) cuz they are clutering all my arsenal screen...

Toeadie, just a small friendly hint concerning designation codes realism and consistency with real world for the AK pack.

Everything from AK-74, so where besides letters there are also number in the code, should have - symbol in designation code.

So it should be:

AK -> AKS -> AKM -> AKMS -> AK-74 -> AKS-74U -> AK-74M -> RPK-74 -> AK-12 -> RPK-12 and so on.

Nothing very important, but as person with pedantic approach to these things, tough I might give you a notice about that.

Keep up a great work.

Same here, also i start wondering if i can "block" weapons added by others mods... (rly) cuz they are clutering all my arsenal screen...

Exactly, and uniforms too, and pretty much everything.

Toadie, Do you have plans on making/adding the AKMS or AKS-47 (AKS) to the AK pack? I know that Twinke Masta made an AKS-47 at some point, but I haven't been able to find very many AKMS models (If you could do something with Mr. Rifleman's model it would be awesome). I know you're probably drowning in guns, but if you could do this (Possibly with GP-25s/30s) it would make your already amazing mod even better.

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

Like it seems that we says that I don't give the good error message and like it seems that this error never happened, I take a screenshot of this.

Always occured when selecting the M4 Carbine (all variants) and using an optic with.

No error message while taking the rifle from a crate and without any optic.

=> http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/HellGhost/Error_zps81xbpg1k.jpg

EDIT : Only with the M4 Carbine, the first one in the list, the one you can see in the screen, and even without any scope selected.

Edited by HellGhost

Thanks for sending us your updated releases as well as the new all in one :cool:

Updates and new release have been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just thought I would give a big thanks to the authors who took the time to create these awesome weapons. These models and textures are some of the best I've seen. The texture artists that have been able to simulate patina, wear and tear, metal chips, etc on the older rifles like the Kalashnikov variants did an outstanding job, the same can be said for the models, they are highly accurate and look gorgeous. Nice work! :)

Updated mod v0.8.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.5.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.2.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v7.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Guest HellGhost

Hi Toadie,

Since the last update I've done with the HLC Mod Pack, no more issue with the M4 Carbine (see my last post with the screen capture).

So, problem solved !

Another thing, is it normal that in the MP5 mod page, we can see another suppressor than the 9mm one from BI ?

Because when I select one of the MP5 in the VA, no way to have another suppressor than the 9mm one, except for the MP5/A10 with the .45 ACP suppressor of course.

Just want to know if the VA don't show your accessories or if it's just the mod that don't show the accessories.

Thanks for your work !

EDIT : Ok, it's clearly a problem, the VA don't show the barrel extensions that coming with your weapons... Any idea on how to fix this ?

Edited by HellGhost

Hey Toadie!

I've downloaded the "HLC mods compilation" and noticed that the RPK 12 has no BANG sound. only the closures are playing.

(I haven't tested on the "AK standalone pack" to tell if happens there too)

BTW, did you have plans to make your AK pack compatible with ASDG JR (I know that the AK12 already have).

Robalo made a OpticSideMount for the AK dovetails a while ago and I think that would be awesome on your AK's.

If I'm not mistaken, RHS_AFRF already uses that config, so then we will have compatibility between your optics and theirs.

Thanks mate, your work is Awesome!

Hey Toadie, great update, love your work.

A few issues:

- M14 Rails' iron sight is obstructed (Maybe the rails are supposed to be hidden until an attachment is present - much like your new G3A3 w/Rails?)

- The embedded red dot on the aug is very faint (I can barely see it)

- AKU12 has same UI picture as AK12

- RPK12 has same UI picture as AK12

Last two are not really gamebreaking in any way, just small annoyances which cause confusion here and there.

Thanks for the update!

I feel that all of the weapons need some work done on the recoil effect. There is neglible difference between firing an rpk, AK74 and AKM. These weapons should handle very differently.

Overall across the board your weapons seem to have very little recoil.

Also the Rpk12 has a serious sound bug. It sounds like a airsoft gun when fired.

Also the Rpk12 has a serious sound bug. It sounds like a airsoft gun when fired.

Can confirm, that's unfortunate. Maybe somebody can whip up a hotfix real quick as this was not an issue in the previous version.