toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Hey Toadie,

Love your weapons mate, is there any chance in the future to add these variants to the Aug's - the main benefit is being able to use them with the group of guys I play with. There's a lot there so not sure how much extra work it would be to add these variants to the original models.

F88 Austeyr: The Australian Army's modified version of the Steyr AUG A1. Changes for the Australian version include a bayonet lug, a 1:7 in rifling pitch as found in the M16A2 rifle, optimised for the heavier 62-grain NATO-standard SS109/M855 round and an "automatic lockout" selector that can physically disable the fully automatic position of the two-stage trigger mechanism found on the standard AUG. Contrary to popular belief the Australian issued F88 does not have the crosshair inside the "doughnut",[citation needed] however the New Zealand issued F88 Austeyr does incorporate this feature. The F88 won a competition against the prototype of what would become the Bushmaster M17S. The components are built under licence at the Thales Lithgow Small Arms Factory.

F88C Austeyr: A carbine version of the Austeyr F88 featuring a shorter, 407 mm (16.0 in) barrel. The F88C is generally used as a personal defensive weapon where manoeuvrability is an issue, such as in armoured vehicles.

F88S-A1 Austeyr: A version of the Australian Austeyr F88 with an integrated Picatinny rail in place of the standard optical sight that allows the attachment of various other sighting devices (night vision scopes, magnified and non-magnified optics such as the ELCAN C79, Trijicon ACOG or Aimpoint).

F88S-A1C: The Austeyr F88S-A1C is a compact variant of the F88 fitted with a Picatinny rail. The rifle has a 407 mm (16.0 in) barrel. Typically issued to front-line combat infantry units with room and weight constraints such as cavalry, Military Police, reconnaissance, light horse, paratroopers and airfield defence guards (RAAF).

F88 GLA: Australian Army version with an M203 grenade launcher. It features an Inter-bar (armourer attached) interface, an RM Equipment M203PI grenade launcher, and a Knight's Armament quadrant sight assembly to which a Firepoint red dot sight is attached. The bayonet lug and forward vertical grip are not present in this model.

F88T: ADI has developed a .22-calibre training rifle for use by the Australian Army. The rifle provides an economical training alternative, with very low ammunition cost, which can be used in environmentally sensitive training areas and ranges where "overshooting" is an issue, and there is less of a chance to injure instructors and other persons.

F88S-A2: An evolutionary upgrade of the current rifle to fulfil an operational capability gap. Deliveries of several thousand were completed in late-2009 to selected units for overseas service. (Afghanistan) Technical improvements in the F88SA2 include: Modified gas system for increased reliability and increased interoperability with U.S ammo. An enlarged ejection port. A longer Picatinny Rail on top of the weapon, a modified sight housing, a side rail mount for a torch and Night Aiming Device (NAD). Colour of the barrel, sight and barrel assembly has been changed to khaki to reduce the recognition signature.

DSTO Advanced Individual Combat Weapon: Experimental weapon combining the barrel, action and magazine of an Austeyr F88 with an enlarged receiver and stock/body that also incorporates a multiple-shot 40 mm grenade launcher.

Enhanced F88 Austeyr: Part of the LAND 125 Soldier Combat System project, the EF88 is a significant upgrade to the F88-A2. Final design and testing is expected to end in 2013. Here is a summarised list of the upgrades.

1. Longer top rail and introduction of side and bottom rails.

2. Length of Pull has been shortened by 15mm.

3. Modular Lower Forend.

4. Floating Barrel – increases accuracy.

5. Fluted Barrel - dissipates heat from automatic fire.

6. Folding Cocking Handle.

7. Improved Butt design – increased strength, ejection port cover recessed to improve reliability.

8. Provision for Electronic Architecture – to allow centralised control and power management of ancillary devices.

9. Bolt-together Butt – for easier disassembly.

10. Improved Grenade Launcher Mount – improves balance of the weapon.

11. Side-Loading Grenade Launcher (Steyr-Mannlicher SL40) – can fire all currently available 40mm low velocity grenades

12. Improved Grenade Launcher safety. The KORD RIC (Rifle Input Control) is Thales new electronic control system, and will also be integrated into the rifle.

F90: The intended for export version of the EF88, Thales debuted the F90 at the Eurosatory military exhibition in Paris, June 2012. Key additions include a bottom rail and a detachable side rail, optional compatibility with STANAG magazines, weight savings over the F88SA2 with a base weight of 3.25 kg (7 lb) and the large trigger guard has been reshaped to serve as a vertical foregrip. Thales in partnership with Steyr-Mannlicher are pursuing small arms procurement programs such as the planned replacement of FAMAS rifle used by the French military. F90 variants include Grenadier, Marksman (508 mm (20 in) barrel) and Close Quarters Battle (360 mm (14 in) barrel).[26] Low Rate Initial Production of the F90 began in September 2014

Would love to see even a couple of these variants and we would be happy to help with testing.

Cheers

Edited by AusCleaver

You could've just linked to the wikipedia page instead of pasting the entire thing.

Hey there, awesome weapon package, love it!

Though I'm getting an error since the last update. It's been a while so I downloaded every package again and overwrote the stuff in my hlcmods\addons dir. If I'm only running ASDG JR and your packages I'm getting this error (Arma 3 latest stable):

http://abload.de/thumb/errorc6b51.jpg

These are the PBOs in my hlcmods\addons dir:

http://abload.de/thumb/pbosrxafe.jpg

Never mind my post. I did a full re-install (removing the old version instead of simple overwriting) and now it seems to work! :)

Hey Toadie,

Love your weapons mate, is there any chance in the future to add these variants to the Aug's - the main benefit is being able to use them with the group of guys I play with. There's a lot there so not sure how much extra work it would be to add these variants to the original models.

*F88 Words*

Would love to see even a couple of these variants and we would be happy to help with testing.

Cheers

F88s at the least are on the cards. I've got plans for the non-quad-rail A3, and the SF, and the F88s are much closer to them than anything else, so watch the skies. EF88/F90 will depend entirely on whether I have enough time to do from scratch, as there's enough different about it that you may as well go from scratch.

Meantime, ADF uncut has all of these already.

How about making a SAI AR15, mate? Just like in the Transformers: Age of Extinction. Nice in Black or Cerakote Brown (FDE). Here's some pics

SAI AR15 2.0, currently showing in SHOT Show

Pretty much the same with Warsport LVOA (mostly, a lot of variants. Seen using KAC keymod RIS, Magpul CTR stock, B5 SOPMOD stock, Magpul ACS stock, mostly with Magpul RVG or Magpul AFG) the only difference is the receiver. The BCG is made of Titanium Nitride (TiN, yellow-gold color), custom charging handle. The SAI AR15 2.0 is kinda different, not much known about it now. More info can be seen in Salient Arms International's Facebook or Instagram.

I'm for more HLSD AR15s, but that foregrip gives me the niggling feeling I'm not going to get away with a sane poly count if I did it. Sure, you could do it with alpha transparency, but it wouldn't be the same. So we'll see. My general rule with these things is - By default I want it in Arma, until someone or something tells me I can't.

Toadie,i saw a lots of weapons from ur videos with redline on its icons,did you make them only for your self?If not can you release it as civillian weapons pack? and u said that you will add HK33 and it`s derivatives to ur G3 pack,where is it?

HK33's still coming, don't you worry.

The icons with redlines on them in the videos are from something I'm working on that isn't ready for the public yet.

F88s at the least are on the cards. I've got plans for the non-quad-rail A3, and the SF, and the F88s are much closer to them than anything else, so watch the skies. EF88/F90 will depend entirely on whether I have enough time to do from scratch, as there's enough different about it that you may as well go from scratch.

Meantime, ADF uncut has all of these already.

That's means the F88s confirmed would come in the future?I love you toadie(not a gay,lol).ADF team a little too slowly and they have only few versions of F88s AFAIK.

This is the worst mod in ArmA III... It is such a pain in the *** to work on, thanks Toadie2k!

In all honesty I am glad to assist your team and I look forward to your future projects, I just need to get those custom G3A3/A4 ballistics to you.

F88s at the least are on the cards.

2599398-8605950960-Awww_.png

This is the worst mod in ArmA III... It is such a pain in the *** to work on, thanks Toadie2k!

Better get working on that ADI F1 ball ballistic data, Spartan. :)

hi. Eventually got to try out the Augs. they look real good but when i press relaod on them they eat up the entire clip. so if you have 9 clips and press relaod 9 times then you have 0 clips left. freaky.

Could you explain me more about "HLSD AR15" mate? I'm kinda new in AR15 stuffs. If not retex your Jack Carbine in Black and Cerakote Brown and add TiN color in the BCG. Adding a grip like Magpul RVG or Magpul AFG is also great. Anyway, thanks for your consideration

Edited by tier1voodoo

That sounds like a TMR error that was creeping around a while back - testing on vanilla?

No tmr but will test vanilla this evening after work.

Ran into something last night, not sure what's causing it.

In Zeus, dropped an M60 box and picked up the M60 with a few belts of ammo. Fired off 3 belts at a slow rate of fire (wasn't going cyclic or anything, just providing covering fire), then I went to reload. Reload animation plays, the HUD says I've reloaded, but my ammo count/selector switch area is red as if I'm out of ammo. Open the inventory, says the belt I have is full, try reloading a few times, both with R and in the inventory, noting fixes it. Pass it off as I missed something somewhere, like it's a jam or something.

Today I'm making a mission for my group and everyone has FAL C1A1s. Doing some testing and I can fire 3 mags before it does the same thing as the M60. Everything is red. I drop mags, reload, access the arsenal, etc. Nothing fixes it. This second instance was though using LEA to equip the guys with weapons.

I haven't noticed an issue during play last week, but it makes me nervous creating something that is going to be a 2-4 hour experience not knowing if we'll have unusable weapons after 3 mags. Any one else have this problem?

Ran into something last night, not sure what's causing it.

In Zeus, dropped an M60 box and picked up the M60 with a few belts of ammo. Fired off 3 belts at a slow rate of fire (wasn't going cyclic or anything, just providing covering fire), then I went to reload. Reload animation plays, the HUD says I've reloaded, but my ammo count/selector switch area is red as if I'm out of ammo. Open the inventory, says the belt I have is full, try reloading a few times, both with R and in the inventory, noting fixes it. Pass it off as I missed something somewhere, like it's a jam or something.

Today I'm making a mission for my group and everyone has FAL C1A1s. Doing some testing and I can fire 3 mags before it does the same thing as the M60. Everything is red. I drop mags, reload, access the arsenal, etc. Nothing fixes it. This second instance was though using LEA to equip the guys with weapons.

I haven't noticed an issue during play last week, but it makes me nervous creating something that is going to be a 2-4 hour experience not knowing if we'll have unusable weapons after 3 mags. Any one else have this problem?

I think this is a vanilla bug as i've had it happen with vanilla weapons

I think this is a vanilla bug as i've had it happen with vanilla weapons

Okay. I haven't noticed it before, and like I said, our operations with HLC stuff have been going fine (we picked them up a few weeks ago), I just hadn't seen it happen yet. We switched a lot of things around, so I wasn't sure if there was a conflict with mods, or what the deal was. I suppose I'll just throw a few extra rifles in the vehicles just in case. Thanks Kerc!

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

Just trying the mod after the last update, and there is a problem that not being here before.

Using a HK 417, firing and :

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.recoil_single_zafir'

And I don't know if anybody spot it, but when using a 5.56mm rifle, and using the EPR ammunitions, firing don't get me detected even if I don't used a suppressor.

That's all I find for now.

Hi,

Just trying the mod after the last update, and there is a problem that not being here before.

Using a HK 417, firing and :

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.recoil_single_zafir'

And I don't know if anybody spot it, but when using a 5.56mm rifle, and using the EPR ammunitions, firing don't get me detected even if I don't used a suppressor.

That's all I find for now.

I think you are confusing this mod with SMA. SMA has an update for that issue. Just redownload the mod.

Guest HellGhost

Damn, you're right, I have so many weapon mods that I sometimes just do a mistake.

Thanks for this info.

I think I just make a confusion with some others little problems with this mod.

And thanks as well for this info, I take the last update in the armaholic main page.

Don't know why, I'll try to redownload it, so.

Bug reports

M14 pack: Leupold scope is config-ed as though it has a backup sight, leading to strange visual bug when you press numpad slash.

G3 pack: FR Ordinance MC51 is listed in the hover text as 5.56x45mm NATO, rather then the 7.62 it actually is.

AR15 pack: 300. Dissipator is stuck in semi-auto.

For my brave testing work I'll accept either an M203 on my favorite rifle, the BCM "Jack" Carbine or an MK46/MK48 pack... joking, but it would be nice.

Love the weapons pack although I only use it playing Wasteland, however, we've experienced some wild anomalies with it, the various sight combinations and since the most recent update the odd performance of the suppressors.

Some of the more tech minded folks have been doing some testing and here are the results:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110351145/Image/2015-02-10_00001.jpg (150 kB)

And to quote from the author:

"5. Some about supressors

The silencer increases the initial speed and damage by 10%. In the case of the ar-15 series(include .300BLK) - initial speed of 5% and damage by 26%. (Probably a bug, because gemtech 5.56 coefficient of typical speed = 1.2, which should reduce the damage of 1.2 times, but instead , for some reason, the damage increases)

But the muzzles also have a little disadvantage - looks like zeroing calc ignores muzzle coefficient of initial velocity, which cause some distance error."

Wonder if you guys have experienced this and/or whether you could point me in the direction to getting it resolved?

small bug

The HK53, with the AGM mod, if you deploy it, it says "Bipod Deployed" instead of "Weapon Rested".

Not a big deal really but figured id let you know.

Hi there,

I've sent you a PM with some feedback. I hope it finds you well.

Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks! :D

I'm sure a million people have said this, but, have you considered making all of the HLC Weapons into a single unified pack? It's a little overwhelming managing a bunch of weapon mods as well as other mods like RHS or AIA.

When using these aks with jsrs dragonfyre there is a script error after every shot. Any chance this can be looked at?