toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Updated releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hmm, yeah, I'll definitely give the damage a work over. It won't be as effective as the standard Ball or EP, but it won't be THAT bad.

When the time comes for it, wouldn't say no.

Technically yes, unless you need the magazine interoperability. That said I'll be updating the patch now for 0.3.5.

So addressing your questions in order-

No, not really. I wouldn't be opposed to doing some collab with him if he were interested.

Can't speak for RHS' models, as they're not mine, but I wouldn't be oppsoed to sharing the animation work I do, at least particularly regarding small arms. The reason I got into ArmA modding was basically because there was not enough animation to cover the content being released, and providing some baseline additional content in that regard is still my goal, so if there's some overlap with RHS and they're cool with it, I want to spread that wealth.

What your saying is part of the reason I tried to avoid doing "normal" AR15s and much as possible in that pack- nearly Every infantry mod out there has one variant of the M4 or M16 or a related weapon in some form, whether that's their own one, Massi's, etc,etc, and none of them 100% match each other in visual execution. The only reason eventually I did them was because Ultimately, people wanted one in there, and the same goes with the M203 variant. I do also to somewhat agree there should be a JAM-like mod out there that unifies some of this. CUP at first seemed a contender, but really, the goal of that is working from Arma2 content as a base and some of that looks and acts a bit sketchy in Arma3 by comparison. Especially the ARs.

The problem is that ultimately people are going to make what they want, so you'll get more M4s and M16s anyway, and no two people really create things the same way. Some people will share, some won't and there's little you can do about that from the outside.I mean I get what you're on about but this isn't an AMAR-like situation, because there's no definitive "right" answers for anything in creating models and textures, there's no hard rules about which way x or y looks that aren't up to liberal interpretation or skill level. The altruism is nice though, so who knows, maybe one day.

And yes, Robert and I have used parts of some of the same ARs(Tigg, Twinke Masta,etc), but as you can see, we've got different results anyway.

Gack, lots of talk, gettin back on top - So I'm sending out RC builds to testers tomorrow for the AUGs and literally everything else, so barring anything major cropping up in the interim, I'm looking at having links up Monday morning US time- AUGs+Everything else, both as a single download and separate. There's even a new mechanic in it that works without any other mods but works BETTER with AGM (you are going to dig it).

Sorry, for the late answer, i was away from home and didn' t had the time to respond earlier.

I see that you understand what i mean, regarding a JAM of weapon models. I completely agree with you about CUP in that use: While some of the models, especially the more recent ones that came with OA can pe pretty good (There is one FAL from OA in your FAL pack right?), some others date back to Arma1 and look clearly dated in Arma3, using these as a base would make no sense, like the ARs as you mentionned.

The problem is that ultimately people are going to make what they want, so you'll get more M4s and M16s anyway, and no two people really create things the same way. Some people will share, some won't and there's little you can do about that from the outside.I mean I get what you're on about but this isn't an AMAR-like situation, because there's no definitive "right" answers for anything in creating models and textures, there's no hard rules about which way x or y looks that aren't up to liberal interpretation or skill level. The altruism is nice though, so who knows, maybe one day.

I keep hanging on to that dream that one day maybe you will have addon makers who will reach a common agreement about what is the "common" AR15 3d model that they would use as a base, and eventually upgrade over time to adapt to the evolution of engines, so that for example if somebody decides that the A2 pistol grip starts to look a bit sketchy he can improve it, and then share to the others.

So that if one addon maker wants to make an m4a1 with a kac RAS, the second one an M4A1 blockII, and the third one a Colt RO727, they could all use the same models and only have to model the rail and gas system on the block II and the handguard and upper receiver on the 727, instead of each making their models from scratch.

I of couse realise that this is completely idealistic, for the very valid reasons that you mentionned above.

Anyway, i came here to reply to this post and what do i find out? That there is a massive list of updates and a brand new weapon pack out. You really are a Santa Clause to this community.

Ok Toadie2k,

Apparently I can work some miracles, I got ballistics data for 5.45x39 7u1 for an AK-74 and AK-74SU (16.4 inch barrel & 7.9 inch barrel). I can either post my findings publicly here on your page or send them to you in a PM. I do not want to post them to my mod page as I do not have ALL the data just enough to get a pretty solid representation, I am probably within a 10% margin of error. However the velocity data at muzzle, and damage rates are 100% accurate. I will continue to source more factual information about this exceedingly rare round, but so far its damage is a freaking joke, I have it calculated to 3.3601433163 from an AK-74SU.....

Ok Toadie2k,

Apparently I can work some miracles, I got ballistics data for 5.45x39 7u1 for an AK-74 and AK-74SU (16.4 inch barrel & 7.9 inch barrel). I can either post my findings publicly here on your page or send them to you in a PM. I do not want to post them to my mod page as I do not have ALL the data just enough to get a pretty solid representation, I am probably within a 10% margin of error. However the velocity data at muzzle, and damage rates are 100% accurate. I will continue to source more factual information about this exceedingly rare round, but so far its damage is a freaking joke, I have it calculated to 3.3601433163 from an AK-74SU.....

What all does the damage depend on in your calculations?

What all does the damage depend on in your calculations?

Projectile Weight, Muzzle Velocity, & Bullet form factor based on a 1-10 scale set by BIS.

I am sorry to tell some Russian "fanboys" but 5.45x39mm subsonic is kind of a joke, especially when comparing it to either a 9mm from an SMG or a .300 AAC Blackout Subsonic round.

All my data on that 7U1 has been confirmed accurate by 4 different shooter websites many that include pictures of the rounds, segmented cuts, head stamping, and personal shooting recordings. Interestingly enough when you search the web with the right parameters and you have access to the US Military weapons designation reference manual there is more than sufficient data to get a fairly accurate calculation of the rounds performance.

Edited by Spartan0536

Hi toadie2k.

First thanks for your nice addons. However I have to report that in the readme of the MP5 pack, in the upper side of the file is writter M60E4. It's just a stupid thingh, but it's just to inform you and correct in the next version.

Bye bye and have a nice time! :)

Updated mod v1.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v0.7.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v0.8.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

banner-420x120.png

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v7.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

Edited by kecharles28

Thanks for the updates.

This error came up when I clicked on the AUG SR Carbine (first AUG in the list on Virtual Arsenal):

Cannot open object hlc_wp_aug\mesh\auga1\reticle_a1.p3d

Also, it has an automatic zoom when you bring the sight up even it's just a Docter 1X sight (would be nice to have that one as an accessory by the way).

The M4-2000 is made by AAC, not KAC and it has written SCAR-SD on it (also AAC product). Why not just call it AAC SCAR-SD then :)

About barrel swap function, does it preserve ammo count for all your magazines ?

Edited by Robalo

Got any plans for complimenting all of these nations weaponry with an Automatic Rifles/Machineguns pack? It would be the best thing ever! Having to mix and match different qualities of weapons sucks.

Got any plans for complimenting all of these nations weaponry with an Automatic Rifles/Machineguns pack? It would be the best thing ever! Having to mix and match different qualities of weapons sucks.

This would be amazing! More machineguns with Toadie's beautiful animations.

Ok for anyone who might disagree with my ballistics on the 7U1 subsonic round, here is actaul factual proven RAW ballistics data in comparison...

For this comparison I will be stacking the 7U1 round being fired from an AK-74SU (which is what the bullet was specifically designed for) against the standard velocity rating of a .22 Long Rifle Aguila Interceptor 40 Grain Copper plated lead bullet fired from a GSG-5 with a 9.1 inch barrel.

Russian Military Designated 7U1 Subsonic

5.45x39mm

Fired from an 8.1 inch barrel AK-74SU

Full Metal Jacket (Lead Core)

80 Grains

994 ft/s @ muzzle

176 ft/lbs KE @ muzzle

Aguila Interceptor 40 Grain CP-LRN

.22 Long Rifle

Fired from a 9.1 inch barrel H&K Licensed GSG-5 MP5 .22LR Clone

Copper Plated Lead Round Nose

40 Grains

1470 ft/s @ muzzle

192 ft/lbs KE @ muzzle

Why compare a .22LR Supersonic round to a 5.45x39mm subsonic round from short barrels, they will generate a similar report and we a looking at almost identical KE transfer at the muzzle between both firearms. Case and point, you can equate the terminal performance of a 5.45x39mm 7U1 round with a 40 grain .22 Long Rifle round, not very COMBAT effective when someone else might be using a .300 Blackout, 7.62x51mm Subsonic, or even 7.62x39mm Subsonic round.

Oh man, I'd love that. Maybe throw in a Sniper/Marksman pack as well?

For example, then we would have a complete set of AK12 + Pecheneg + OSV96 of modern russian weapons - which could fit in quite nicely with the ArmA3 setting and provide a pretty cool weapon package for standalone 2035 Russian addons (without getting crazy).

Sorry, getting kinda ahead of myself here. But one can dream!

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

This error came up when I clicked on the AUG SR Carbine (first AUG in the list on Virtual Arsenal):

Getting that one too.

It'd be nice to see F88x variants sneak in one day. Can provide info if required.

Thanks for the releases!

Thanks for the updates.

Also, it has an automatic zoom when you bring the sight up even it's just a Docter 1X sight (would be nice to have that one as an accessory by the way).

Noted on all accounts, will be patched. Shouldn't have a bearing on how they play ingame.

The M4-2000 is made by AAC, not KAC

Yeah but

and it has written SCAR-SD on it (also AAC product).

but

Why not just call it AAC SCAR-SD then :)

Okay, toadie's gotta go sit in the corner for these ones. For shame, me.

About barrel swap function, does it preserve ammo count for all your magazines ?

yes, and preserves attachments.

Edited by toadie2k

Good stuff toadie, these smaller packs with more detail are much better than those with 5,000 low res weapons and crappy mechanics. Thanks again :)

Yeah I spent awhile making sure that worked, it keeps the previously loaded magazine loaded aswell

Just test the barrel swap function,I can't believe you made this function!Hire this guy BIS!:yay:

And one question,will you also add some F88 in this pack?They are also a big families of AUG AFAIK.

For someone called Aussie Digger you don't know much about Steyrs.

Just like real life, try clicking once, holding for automatic.

Hi Toadie,

the augs can't go semi auto

Confirm this!

The barrel swap function (compability of AGM) of the AUG pack works very well!

But: I can`t get any option to change the barrel of the M60E4...

Anyway: great work - like always!

You people realise that the AUG has a two stage trigger, first stage is semi-auto, apply more pressure and the second stage goes automatic. There is no fire selector, so in that respect Toadies AUG pack is infact accurate to the real deal.

This is not a bug.

“The rifle features an Spz-kr type progressive trigger (pulling the trigger halfway produces semi-automatic fire, pulling the trigger all the way to the rear produces fully automatic fire) and a safety mechanism (cross-bolt, button type)â€

-----wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG

Please read this before you complain about the fire mode.