toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

I'm wondering if the Barret MRad is a rifle you would be interested in doing in .338 Lapua caliber?

I love your work, Toadie.

Any chances for a HLC G36 Pack? :)

Reload sounds can be heard from far away similar to vanilla was. I believe it's the same with weapon fire switch clicks.

Hi Toadie

Just a quick question regarding the RHS weapons reload animation etc. Since RHS has now updated and I know you where heavily involved with the animations of the weapons, does this fix still apply?

Thanks for all your work!

Cheers

Hi Toadie

Just a quick question regarding the RHS weapons reload animation etc. Since RHS has now updated and I know you where heavily involved with the animations of the weapons, does this fix still apply?

Cheers

The fix is deprecated now, you can remove it.

The fix is deprecated now, you can remove it.

Thanks Dorak!

Point blank, all hits right into left hand using 5.45 Subsonic ammo. Other subsonic magazines do normal damage comparable to non-subsonic magazines. As table (http://pastie.org/pastes/9813804/text) shows CfgAmmo "hit" value for said magazine has 2.74983 which is lowest of all ammunitions in the game and HLC, even less than Saiga buckshot.

Video, 27 hits to left hand with subsonic 5.45, 4 hits to left hand with ball 5.45 to kill naked man. Now imagine how it performs when players have proper uniforms and vests :)

Hmm, yeah, I'll definitely give the damage a work over. It won't be as effective as the standard Ball or EP, but it won't be THAT bad.

I'm wondering if the Barret MRad is a rifle you would be interested in doing in .338 Lapua caliber?

When the time comes for it, wouldn't say no.

Hi Toadie

Cheers

Technically yes, unless you need the magazine interoperability. That said I'll be updating the patch now for 0.3.5.

Which begs me to ask, Toadie, is there some kind of collaboration going on between you and RobertHammer, as in maybe sharing models, sounds, anims...ect?

If not, i think it would be great.

Which leads me to my next question, which is actually a bit of the same: Since you are part pretty much part of the RHS team right now, will you guys be able to share models and things like that?

I think that the RHS M4' and M16' s for examples look absolutely fantastic, and it always bugs me in game when i see two weapons on two different units that look completely different since they are from two different addon makers, while they should be the same weapon. You mentionned making an m4m203 variant for a future version of your pack, and that sounds great, except that if i use it alongside an rhs m4m320 it will look completely different while it should look exactly the same except for the GL model.

I belive that it would be nice if some addon makers could reach an agreement for a basic model of a certain weapon, for example an m4, that they would share, and then build the more specialized variant of that weapon that they want to make on that base.

For exaple, I noticed that your m4a1 has a free float rail, that way i could use it alongside an RHS m4a1 and the only difference would be the rail system, instead of the whole weapon.

Kind of like a JAM of weapon models.

I of course realize that if i told an addon maker "these guys who moddelled the same thing that you moddelled did it better, drop your model and use their' s", it would come of as incredibly mean and rude, but since most of the models arent made by you it hope that it will be understood.

(Just to make it clear i find your packs to look absolutely fantastic and have them all installed, it' s only that i think that RHS has really outdone themselves with the M4M16s in the latest update, and they make all the other m4 and m16s look bad in comparaison since, same with the RH M4M16pack, you guys used the same m4 base model by the way right?)

On and i forgot about that; Happy to hear that you will be including an over the optic view à la ACE2 for the ones that need it, well done.

So addressing your questions in order-

No, not really. I wouldn't be opposed to doing some collab with him if he were interested.

Can't speak for RHS' models, as they're not mine, but I wouldn't be oppsoed to sharing the animation work I do, at least particularly regarding small arms. The reason I got into ArmA modding was basically because there was not enough animation to cover the content being released, and providing some baseline additional content in that regard is still my goal, so if there's some overlap with RHS and they're cool with it, I want to spread that wealth.

What your saying is part of the reason I tried to avoid doing "normal" AR15s and much as possible in that pack- nearly Every infantry mod out there has one variant of the M4 or M16 or a related weapon in some form, whether that's their own one, Massi's, etc,etc, and none of them 100% match each other in visual execution. The only reason eventually I did them was because Ultimately, people wanted one in there, and the same goes with the M203 variant. I do also to somewhat agree there should be a JAM-like mod out there that unifies some of this. CUP at first seemed a contender, but really, the goal of that is working from Arma2 content as a base and some of that looks and acts a bit sketchy in Arma3 by comparison. Especially the ARs.

The problem is that ultimately people are going to make what they want, so you'll get more M4s and M16s anyway, and no two people really create things the same way. Some people will share, some won't and there's little you can do about that from the outside.I mean I get what you're on about but this isn't an AMAR-like situation, because there's no definitive "right" answers for anything in creating models and textures, there's no hard rules about which way x or y looks that aren't up to liberal interpretation or skill level. The altruism is nice though, so who knows, maybe one day.

And yes, Robert and I have used parts of some of the same ARs(Tigg, Twinke Masta,etc), but as you can see, we've got different results anyway.

Gack, lots of talk, gettin back on top - So I'm sending out RC builds to testers tomorrow for the AUGs and literally everything else, so barring anything major cropping up in the interim, I'm looking at having links up Monday morning US time- AUGs+Everything else, both as a single download and separate. There's even a new mechanic in it that works without any other mods but works BETTER with AGM (you are going to dig it).

heya, is this part of this mod?

Untitled.png

EDIT: nvm, I've been informed that this is a known issue. great model, by the way

Edited by sorophx

Not entirely too sure if it has been asked of you yet Toadie, but do you plan on making an FN pack? With Scar L's and Scar H's and other FN weapons like the F2000 (I know this one is in the game already), FN SLP shotgun, and FN Minimi machine gun? Just thought I ask :P. Mainly the Scar's though. High Quality scar pack is a rarity :/

Not entirely too sure if it has been asked of you yet Toadie, but do you plan on making an FN pack? With Scar L's and Scar H's and other FN weapons like the F2000 (I know this one is in the game already), FN SLP shotgun, and FN Minimi machine gun? Just thought I ask :P. Mainly the Scar's though. High Quality scar pack is a rarity :/

Yes, Sir! Thats true!

Hey toadie. I'm trying to be thorough in properly installing and modding my arma. So This brings me to your thread. I love your weapons, and really enjoy using them. I also love and enjoy the jsrs sound mod. In the 2.2 version you had a compatibility patch, which you linked to in the OP. HLC JSRS SoundPatch

Is this still relevant in jsrs3? Will the patch work? Is it still needed? Does it need to be updated? These are all questions I do not have an answer to. :) Could you help me out?

Full support of JSRS2.2 sound effects. If you have Mod weapons using JSRS sounds or entries, you can just switch to DFyre without a CFG change

I *think* this means yes, DragonFyre is the first JSRS I've tried.

I really love the Half-life MP5, thought I wish it had the cool reload sound of the original.

I dont know if this was asked in the past, and frankly im too much of a lazy ass hat to check the pages, but i was curious if your AK-12 will ever be updated with a GP-30 variant?

I dont know if this was asked in the past, and frankly im too much of a lazy ass hat to check the pages, but i was curious if your AK-12 will ever be updated with a GP-30 variant?

Just use the search function....

You're gonna go far kid.

Well the answer to the question was Yes anyway so.

Release Time- many updates. There'll be an all-in-one file coming in the next 48-hours, but for now individual rars are what you're getting.

AK Pack -

-RPK12 given correct RPK Mag in Visual Lod

-Added AK12+GP30

-Added RPK12,AKU12 and AK12+GP to ammo crate

-7u1 Should actually hurt people now

-Made AK ammobox more physically appropriate to the amount of weapons it stores (supply drop instead of small box)

DOWNLOAD

G3 Pack -

- Added Aim-over-the-top and day/night filter modes to PVS4

- Added mk316 and Barrier Ball magazine loads for G3

- Altered Inheritance of suppressors.

DOWNLOAD

FAL Pack -

- Added Aim-over-the-top and day/night filter modes to PVS4,and AOTT to SUIT

- Added mk316 and Barrier Ball magazine loads for G3

DOWNLOAD

M60E4/M60 -

-Added support to Bipod functionality and Overheating/Barrel Swapping support for AGM (For real this time)

DOWNLOAD

AR15 Pack -

- Added Colt M4+ M203

- Visual LOD Change -Jack Carbine now uses correct B5 SOPMOD Milspec Stock

- Visual LOD Change - SAMR, SAMR2, Jack Carbine use in-spec GI magazine

DOWNLOAD

M14 Pack -

- Added Aim-over-the-top and day/night filter modes to PVS4

- Added mk316 and Barrier Ball magazine loads for M14

DOWNLOAD

MP5 Pack -

- Corrected typo in suppressor inheritance

DOWNLOAD

Core -

- Added Sequences for - AUGA3, AUG PARA, AUG barrel Swap, Prone AugA1 reload added

- Added ballistic Data - 7.62x51mm NATO EPR, Mk316, Barrier Ball

DOWNLOAD

And of course, the main attraction:

HLC AUG Pack V1

The Steyr AUG is the posterchild for modern small-arms design in almost every facet, and was decades ahead of it's time. Not content with providing a marely adequate superior to the Austrian Army's then-current license-built FAL, Horst Wesp, Karl Moser and Karl Wagner set about creating something truly unique. They did so by upheaving conventional wisdoms, taking advantage of space age polymers, new production methods, designed modularity,relatively uncommon bullpup configuration, unique Spz-kr trigger, and perhaps most functionally interesting, made a magnified optics the primary aiming device of the weapon.

The end product looks every bit as space age now nearly 40 years later as it did then- sweeping ergonomic lines are a core part of it's visual execution. As mentioned, the AUG was designed as a full weapons platform out of the box- every Rifle could be converted in seconds from it's standard form to more specific roles, like the 9mm "Para" SMG, or the Heavy Barrel support variant.

This pack of AUGs contains the 3 major iterations of the AUG design (the A1, A2 and A3), as well as the civilian Semi-Auto-only Special Reciever. With the exception of the A3, each of these comes in 3 barrel lengths firing 5.56x45mm NATO , and the A1 and A2 are also available in 9x19mm. All of these AUGs are available in three stock colours. The A3, Due to the quad-rail forgrip is only available in it's rifle length. However, it also has a GL-equipped model.

Oh yes, and you can swap between different lengths of barrel from the action menu (or if you use AGM- self-interact). So,yes. Yes you can carry the standard rifle and a conversion kit,then with mere seconds delay go straight into running your AUG as an SMG. (Special credit to Kerc Kasha, who made this possible)

Frontpage will be updated soonish, but in the meantime, classlists in the readme.

Special note- To replicate the Spz-kr 2-stage trigger, all the augs except the SR are full-auto-only (Only Thales/ADI F88s have a full-auto lockout bar). You will stutter shot your first few attempts to semi-auto on this mode, but I am reliably informed this is true to the real thing and it's a matter practise.

Image Gallery

DOWNLOAD

there is at least one planned update to the AUGs in the future, when I finish of the AUGA3 SF, kindly donated by AUGStar from the Osterreichische Streitkrafte mod, and I want to do the shorter A3 railed reciever as well (integrating it into the barrel swap system as well). So stay tuned for that.

EDIT- Oh and the AUGs use hidden selections, so you can retexture thes to look like the one in MW2 or whatever.

Edited by toadie2k

Grats on release Toadie! Aww no video to go along with Aug release! lol. Will definitely give this a try!

As much as I would have loved to do one, have had 0 additional free time to work on it. Might just have to do one retroactively. OR, if someone else does a really good one, I'll put that up instead

Schweeet! Stellar work on the animations, need more of this stuff across the board! Very cool on many levels. :thumbsup: