toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Does anyone know why I've got the rear site hovering above one of the AR15s while I have a MRCO (or any other scope) on?

I think I saw this reported earlier, but I can't find the fix now. I'm sure I've done something wrong... but I can't see it. It's a new install and I didn't have this before. I have the HLC Core, all weapon mods, and the fix.

Thanks

For sights that don't have backup sights, there is no reason not to allow a "look over the sight" option. You won't really know what you're hitting and you might as well keep your weapon shouldered and un-sighted, but at least you will have the option (which I never use even for weapons that have proper backup sights, because you can just shoot without sights at those ranges anyway).

Here's my take on over-the-sights-

Arma's default stance always has the weapon at shouldered, there's no Commando hold or off-the-shoulder aiming at all, so my understanding is that switching beween unaimed and aimed mode is that one is reflex shooting off the shoulder(which is basically what the over-the-sights mode also is replicating - no actual point-of aim mark just using muscle memory combined with visual estimation to take the shot) and one is putting all the fundementals together and going for accuracy. Doesn't quite replicate this perfectly, but that's how it is.

To me, at least with that as the context, makes having a AOTT mode for optics that don't have BUIS capabilities is entirely redundant. THAT being said, I also recognise that there are enough people running sans crosshairs or any artificial guides out there that would like something like this as an alternative , so I'll implement it anyway, even with the ludicrious Height-over-bore the likes of the PVS4 (likelihood is that any AOTT aim modes are going to be 0m zero just to emphasise the oh shit factor of them).

Does anyone know why I've got the rear site hovering above one of the AR15s while I have a MRCO (or any other scope) on?

I think I saw this reported earlier, but I can't find the fix now. I'm sure I've done something wrong... but I can't see it. It's a new install and I didn't have this before. I have the HLC Core, all weapon mods, and the fix.

Thanks

the .300 Dissipator still is bugged with that. I've got patches coming out next week and that is among them.

So I might be a little late for the Christmas-New Year refectory period release, but it's only because I'm flat out until the weekend with holiday related festivities.Best guess, next week is golden time.

meanwhile-

King of Bullpups, do you have enough AUGs?

holy #^%#

Thes are awesome. The Aussies are getting some decent guns to use!! you legend!

Like I said I never even use that CQB mode feature even for weapons that have proper backup sights because at the ranges where it's needed you can just shoot unsighted, but some people just can't get used to this kind of shooting, and need that "CQB mode" even if it's almost purely for show.

That's ridiculous. You're suggesting the game should prevent you from performing an action (sighting above and along the weapon/optic center line) you can easily and readily perform in real life to enforce some sort of notion that a given optic should be artificially and arbitrarily nerfed inside 50m. Dumb and very gamey.

Thats not what you asked for though. You asked for a rail to be added to the optics to accomidate a back up sight. A look over the optic option is something else. I dont care about extra options, the more the better. I just want accurate realistic, optics. By that I mean, no backup sights where they don't exist in real life

Edited by Baddazs

Like I said I never even use that CQB mode feature even for weapons that have proper backup sights because at the ranges where it's needed you can just shoot unsighted, but some people just can't get used to this kind of shooting, and need that "CQB mode" even if it's almost purely for show.

It is not that easy to hit your targets without optics and without a crosshair, since there is no difference in spread between 'hipfire' and ads. That means that your bullets will always hit the same spot and you cannot hit someone by 'spraying' like in other games. This is why I thing that looking 'over the sight' is very important. You can see the approximate point were the bullets will impact, and that is very important in a game were every bullet can kill.

THAT being said, I also recognise that there are enough people running sans crosshairs or any artificial guides out there that would like something like this as an alternative , so I'll implement it anyway

Thanks Toadie. Even if you could just place the memory point, we or you could config the rest as an optional pbo so that people who use crosshairs or otherwise don't care for the the extra viewpoint don't have to cycle through that optic mode.

Thats not what you asked for though. You asked for a rail to be added to the optics to accomidate a back up sight. A look over the optic option is something else. I dont care about extra options, the more the better. I just want accurate realistic, optics. By that I mean, no backup sights where they don't exist in real life

You misread, I make no mention of adding anything other than; "a backup sight position for any magnifying optic without irons which just sights along the top of the optic".

Here's my take on over-the-sights-

Arma's default stance always has the weapon at shouldered, there's no Commando hold or off-the-shoulder aiming at all, so my understanding is that switching beween unaimed and aimed mode is that one is reflex shooting off the shoulder(which is basically what the over-the-sights mode also is replicating - no actual point-of aim mark just using muscle memory combined with visual estimation to take the shot) and one is putting all the fundementals together and going for accuracy. Doesn't quite replicate this perfectly, but that's how it is.

To me, at least with that as the context, makes having a AOTT mode for optics that don't have BUIS capabilities is entirely redundant. THAT being said, I also recognise that there are enough people running sans crosshairs or any artificial guides out there that would like something like this as an alternative , so I'll implement it anyway, even with the ludicrious Height-over-bore the likes of the PVS4 (likelihood is that any AOTT aim modes are going to be 0m zero just to emphasise the oh shit factor of them).

the .300 Dissipator still is bugged with that. I've got patches coming out next week and that is among them.

i find this functionality very useful as i dont use the crosshair thingy . thanks!

Wanted to report small issues with Saiga12:

1) AI shoot them in bursts or even what seems to be full auto, doesn't seem to be natural for the shotgun

2) Buckshot does no damage to overall damage of the vehicle, only to vehicle parts (wheels, glass, hull, etc.), while damage always remains at 0

Hi,

one off-topic question What are the units on this screen and where can I fiind them?

Thanks.

HLC_WP_MP5_10.jpg

Can anyone tell me please, what is the mission used in this video(the firing range)?

It is the SMA weapons exhibition showcase (that's where i encountered it anyway). Don't know if the rifle range can be downloaded separately or not.

Thanks, the rifles are ones from this addon(i think). It's Toadie's video :)

Edited by Tachi

Wanted to report another issue (didn't find it in search thread), subsonic AK74 5.45 mags are absolutely useless, it takes 27 (!) hits to the hand to kill naked person (friendly fire), while normal 5.45 kill with 3 hits to hand in same conditions. I'll have to remove this ammunition until its fixed.

We're actively using your great addons in Wasteland Chernarus so I'm going to nag in this thread quite often now :)

Table with mags and respective hit values, sorted by hit value with HLC addons enabled: http://pastie.org/pastes/9813804/text

Edited by SaMatra

I searched and didn't find anything on this yet, but are there plans to add an M203 to the M4 Carbine, the modern one without the fixed carry handle? I ask because these are BY FAR the best M4s in ArmA, they really do the game justice and match the quality everyone expects, ESPECIALLY the amazing suppressor sounds. If there was an M203, along with the M4 and CQBR, you would have the perfect pack for the AR platform.

Also the Jack Carbine needs a SOPMOD stock and a non-banana magazine, that's my only complaint, although I can't complain honestly HLC is pure gold.

Just a suggestion:

An HK416, HK417 and/or an M27 with your superb animations would be so great...:)

from rpt

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_fal_long.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_fal_long.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_fal_long_prone.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_m14_prone.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_osw_standing.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_osw_standing.rtm

"hlc_rifle_RPK12

Warning Message: Cannot load texture hlc_wp_ak\tex\bis_rpk\rpk74_smdi.paa.

any chance to see these fixed?

;2851017']from rpt

Warning: rightHandIKCurve' date=' wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_fal_long.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_fal_long_prone.rtm

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, wrong size (size<2||size>=4) in hlc_core\animation\gesture\reload_m14_prone.rtm

"hlc_rifle_RPK12

Warning Message: Cannot load texture hlc_wp_ak\tex\bis_rpk\rpk74_smdi.paa.

any chance to see these fixed?[/quote']

Yep, 100% chance to be fixed.

Can anyone tell me please, what is the mission used in this video(the firing range)?

]

the Exhibition and Firing range mission that came with SMA Weapons. It's literally about the best for range/zero/impact/accuracy testing.

Hi,

one off-topic question What are the units on this screen and where can I fiind them?

Thanks.

They're a combination of Killoch's Multinational Pack and Niko's USA uniforms Megapack

I searched and didn't find anything on this yet, but are there plans to add an M203 to the M4 Carbine, the modern one without the fixed carry handle? I ask because these are BY FAR the best M4s in ArmA, they really do the game justice and match the quality everyone expects, ESPECIALLY the amazing suppressor sounds. If there was an M203, along with the M4 and CQBR, you would have the perfect pack for the AR platform.

Also the Jack Carbine needs a SOPMOD stock and a non-banana magazine, that's my only complaint, although I can't complain honestly HLC is pure gold.

SOPMOD Stock is in the works, and I certainly can do an M203/M4 Combo

Wanted to report another issue (didn't find it in search thread), subsonic AK74 5.45 mags are absolutely useless, it takes 27 (!) hits to the hand to kill naked person (friendly fire), while normal 5.45 kill with 3 hits to hand in same conditions. I'll have to remove this ammunition until its fixed.

We're actively using your great addons in Wasteland Chernarus so I'm going to nag in this thread quite often now :)

Table with mags and respective hit values, sorted by hit value with HLC addons enabled: http://pastie.org/pastes/9813804/text

What range was that hit data taken at?

The ballistics of the Subsonic are based off the 7U1 Round, which there is little-to-no actual data in the open about, and everything I've seen on it suggests the outer effective range is about 100m. Even at that, everything is a best guess as to effectiveness, but if it's underperforming THAT badly, yeah, I'll see what I can do to at least make it borderline feasible.

Just a suggestion:

An HK416, HK417 and/or an M27 with your superb animations would be so great...:)

Hi, RobertHammer is already working on HK416 and M27, HK417 not yet for Arma3 from him, and this post from RobertHammer in his wip thread

I do plan the MK18 mod 0 pack , also the AK pack but it will be different because i dont want to duplicate the same models which Toadie used in his AK pack

leads me to believe that there is at least some kind of acknowledgement between the two addon makers. Which begs me to ask, Toadie, is there some kind of collaboration going on between you and RobertHammer, as in maybe sharing models, sounds, anims...ect?

If not, i think it would be great.

Which leads me to my next question, which is actually a bit of the same: Since you are part pretty much part of the RHS team right now, will you guys be able to share models and things like that?

I think that the RHS M4' and M16' s for examples look absolutely fantastic, and it always bugs me in game when i see two weapons on two different units that look completely different since they are from two different addon makers, while they should be the same weapon. You mentionned making an m4m203 variant for a future version of your pack, and that sounds great, except that if i use it alongside an rhs m4m320 it will look completely different while it should look exactly the same except for the GL model.

I belive that it would be nice if some addon makers could reach an agreement for a basic model of a certain weapon, for example an m4, that they would share, and then build the more specialized variant of that weapon that they want to make on that base.

For exaple, I noticed that your m4a1 has a free float rail, that way i could use it alongside an RHS m4a1 and the only difference would be the rail system, instead of the whole weapon.

Kind of like a JAM of weapon models.

I of course realize that if i told an addon maker "these guys who moddelled the same thing that you moddelled did it better, drop your model and use their' s", it would come of as incredibly mean and rude, but since most of the models arent made by you it hope that it will be understood.

(Just to make it clear i find your packs to look absolutely fantastic and have them all installed, it' s only that i think that RHS has really outdone themselves with the M4M16s in the latest update, and they make all the other m4 and m16s look bad in comparaison since, same with the RH M4M16pack, you guys used the same m4 base model by the way right?)

On and i forgot about that; Happy to hear that you will be including an over the optic view à la ACE2 for the ones that need it, well done.

Edited by Tsark

SOPMOD Stock is in the works, and I certainly can do an M203/M4 Combo

That would be amazing, I know myself and my entire unit would appreciate it!

What range was that hit data taken at?

The ballistics of the Subsonic are based off the 7U1 Round, which there is little-to-no actual data in the open about, and everything I've seen on it suggests the outer effective range is about 100m. Even at that, everything is a best guess as to effectiveness, but if it's underperforming THAT badly, yeah, I'll see what I can do to at least make it borderline feasible.

Point blank, all hits right into left hand using 5.45 Subsonic ammo. Other subsonic magazines do normal damage comparable to non-subsonic magazines. As table (http://pastie.org/pastes/9813804/text) shows CfgAmmo "hit" value for said magazine has 2.74983 which is lowest of all ammunitions in the game and HLC, even less than Saiga buckshot.

Video, 27 hits to left hand with subsonic 5.45, 4 hits to left hand with ball 5.45 to kill naked man. Now imagine how it performs when players have proper uniforms and vests :)

Edited by SaMatra